Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 03:29:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Worst NFL draft/best NFL draft
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Worst NFL draft/best NFL draft  (Read 3701 times)
Krispy Kreme
« on: April 29, 2006, 11:15:53 PM »

Who had the best first day of NFL draft and why?

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 07:39:37 PM »

PHiladelphia: they got an amazing defensive player in Brunson, they truly upgraded their O line by getting winston Justice and Max Jean Gilles. They also picked up a very nice DE the guy from Cal Poly.

Minnesota had a nice draft: Tavaris Jackson is the best QB u never heard of, a lot of comparisons to Daunte Culpepper.

Houston without a doubt getting Vince Young and then an absolute steal by landing Lendale White late in the 2nd round.

U dont outrush Reggie Bush, break OJ and Marcus Allen rushing marks by being fat and out of shape with bad work ethic.

Lendale is an absolute steal.

Worst draft by far was Buffalo. they went too high for Donte Whitner, a projected 15-20 pick they grabbed him 8th. then they traded up for a Defensive Linemen that was a mid 2nd to late 2nd projection and they traded up to 25th in round 1 to grab him.

NO had a good draft just cause they got Reggie Bush

Houston also had a very nice draft, Mario Williams, Demeaco Ryans, they upgraded their line adding Eric Winston from Miami and a nice guard.

Green bay also did very well in the draft.

AJ Hawk and absolute steal that Hodge guy they got from Iowa add in Charles Woodson who they signed and their D is gonna be much improved next season.

They drafted 3 WR's for bret Favre. a very fundamentally sound OT Colledge and they added a guard for protection as well.

I wasnt thrilled with what my Dallas Cowboys did. I think we shouldve grabbed Manny Lawson instead of Bobby Carpenter, we drafted Anthony fasano but we got a pro bowl TE already.

SF had a great draft getting Vernon Davis and Manny lawson.

Denver absolutely racked up. Jay Cutler who is gonna be a phenom, they added a nice TE, they got Javon Walker from GB, they added Elvis dumervil from Louisville who was the big east D player of the year in the 4th round.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
RebelRose89
Rocker

It's Showtime!

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 03:45:26 PM »

God the bitter reality of being a Buffalo Bills Fan!  rant

why couldn't they have taken Bunkly with their first round pick, and then traded up to get Whitner!

ugh poor top draft picks by management, the later rounds they got some steals but the top 2 picks blew more than a 2$ prostitute on Ebay crying

Go Sabres - Go Bills - Go White Sox
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 07:19:14 PM »

Buffalo really blew it dude, I feel for you.

Honestly though, Whitner was a reach but McCargo was the 2nd best DT.

So I agree with what Mel Kiper JR said.

If they had drafted the CB in the first round and then picked up McCargo in the 2nd no one would be complaining cause they got a first round corner in the 2nd round.

Its about needs though.

Whitner is gonna be a great safety, I think they should've traded down and grabbed an extra pick but maybe no one wanted to trade down and Whitner wouldve been gone by the 25th pick.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Deez Nuts
Rocker

Village Gorilla Neck

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2006, 01:27:16 AM »

Denver
Green Bay
Houston

I agree D about Tavaris Jackson, he's not ready to step in right away like the big 3, but the experts kept talking about how he was the only one that could throw a 50 yard pass across the field to keep defenses honest.

The Twin Cities media is just ripping him and the draft decision apart (trading two 3rd rounders to move up to get him).  They fired their recently hired personel director over it. 

Fargo  Nov 15, 2002
NY       May 15, 2006
NY       May 17, 2006
Ames   Dec 1,   2006
Mpls     Dec 2,   2006
Sturgis Aug 13, 2010
Fargo Aug 11, 2021
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2006, 05:37:06 PM »

I'm a Vikings fan and a bit nervous about my team's draft.  nervous

I'll go on record now and say the Texans did the right thing not grabbing Bush.

I'll also say the Broncos look better now than they'll actually be in '06.  Javon won't last the whole season, Lelie will continue to demonstrate some of the worst hands in all of football, and to make it all a circus, Jake will be having to deal with a qb controversy if they aren't 6-2 at the halfway point.  A 5-3 record aint too shabby, but the Denver fans will be pissed and calling for Cutler.   Wink 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Rockdawg
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2006, 03:32:04 PM »

Worst Draft:

Cleveland Browns from 1999 to 2004.  We have had good picks since then, we just can not stay healthy.

Bold indicates no long with the Browns.
Italics indicates no long in NFL.

Round    Player                   Position    University               Notes
1999    1   Couch, Tim               QB               Kentucky                 [1st overall
2000    1   Brown, Courtney        DE           Penn State           [1st overall]
2001    1   Warren, Gerard            DT            Florida                  [3rd]

2002    1   Green, William              RB                Boston College    [16th overall]
2003    1   Faine, Jeff                     C              Notre Dame           [21st overall]
2004    1   Winslow, Kellen        TE                 Miami
2005    1   Edwards, Braylon   WR            Michigan
2006    1      Wimbley, Kamerion     LB               Florida State

Times are hard,
Thrills are cheaper.
Your arms get shorter,
While your pockets get deeper.
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2006, 09:57:07 PM »

Worst Draft:

Cleveland Browns from 1999 to 2004. We have had good picks since then, we just can not stay healthy.

Bold indicates no long with the Browns.
Italics indicates no long in NFL.

Round    Player     Position    University     Notes
1999 1   Couch, Tim     QB     Kentucky    [1st overall
2000 1   Brown, Courtney DE     Penn State    [1st overall]
2001 1   Warren, Gerard    DT    Florida    [3rd]

2002 1   Green, William    RB     Boston College    [16th overall]
2003 1   Faine, Jeff     C    Notre Dame     [21st overall]
2004 1   Winslow, Kellen     TE    Miami
2005 1   Edwards, Braylon   WR    Michigan
2006 1     Wimbley, Kamerion    LB    Florida State

Tim Couch was a good pick. You couldn't have perdicted his nfl career was gonna be shit. He was great in College and lots, i mean lots, of people thought he was a stellar prospect. Obvisously we were all wrong, but at the time, Tim Couch looked like a guy that could lead the browns back to glory.

I do agree overall the Browns have made some bad decisions during those years, but I do belive at the time, Couch looked like he could be the best QB out of that draft.

My good ole Patriots had a decent draft. I liked Maroney in the first, and I think we shall find out that Chad Jackson was a steal in the top of the second.

I belive Green Bay had a great draft.

Denvers was good but not great, I belive they could have traded down and still got Cutler. I don't belive he is the beast everyone thinks hes going to be. Ya he had great pre-season. But I can name tons of quarterbacks that have had a great pre-season and absolutley sucked in regular season.

Dallas' Draft wasn't so good, they could have done ALOT better.

Houston should have found a way to trade down and get an anchor for that horrible O-line.

SF was o.k, I know that Vernon is a great player, but they have so many holes to fill, I belive they should have gone after someone other than davis. Though he will continue to be a great target for Alex Smith, that posistion at the time of the draft was already well handeled by a veteran TE.

I liked the colts draft.

Buffalo's draft was total shit.? smoking
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 10:01:22 PM by High_times » Logged

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2006, 01:13:11 PM »

Browns always draft horribly.  As a Browns fan, I've seen it all.  They made nothing of any pick before the Crennel days.

I think we can officially say New Orleans had the best draft.  Reggie Bush and the league's best rookie so far in Marques Colston.  A 7th rounder, with only 4 players picked after him.  He's got something like 700 yards and 7 TD's so far this year.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: