Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 11:00:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228063 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Damn illegals........
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Damn illegals........  (Read 21538 times)
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2006, 01:44:16 PM »

I know it was, just trying to stir things up!  My belief is that schools started going to hell when they took the paddle out of the principal's hands, but this is another thread.

My biggest problem is the sense of entitlement that these illegals have.  They are entitled to nothing.  I f I went to any other country in the world and made these demands, what do you think would happen.  Also, the arguement that Americans won't do these jobs is BS.  Americans won't do those jobs at the pay rate that illegals do it at. 
SLCPUNK
« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2006, 01:48:04 PM »

I'll turn your argument around, SLC. Corporations only hire the immigrants because they're there. Get rid of the immigrants, and the corporations won't hire them, and wages will remain higher for working class Americans. Fine corporations AND expel illegal immigrants.

Coporations hire illegals because they are cheap and they can pay under min wage or a  little more. Just like Corporations outsource jobs because it is cheaper for them.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2006, 01:50:55 PM »

My biggest problem is the sense of entitlement that these illegals have.  They are entitled to nothing.  I f I went to any other country in the world and made these demands, what do you think would happen.  Also, the arguement that Americans won't do these jobs is BS.  Americans won't do those jobs at the pay rate that illegals do it at. 

Sure they are entitled to nothing but they are given the jobs anyway. Why? The bottom line, that is why. You are right, Americans won't do these jobs at the pay scale. So..........Mexicans will, and corporations are happy to oblidge them!

gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2006, 01:58:28 PM »

How would the Mexican illegals feel if a bunch of Chinamen came in and undercut them?  Hold that thought, I had better be careful what I ask for!
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2006, 02:34:57 PM »

Ha, China has issues with Southeast Asians taking some of their jobs.  Wink
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2006, 05:46:30 PM »

?Illegal Immigrant? is the new code word for ?nigger?. We essentially invited them here, gave them jobs, sold them cars, rented them homes and apartments; we welcomed their cheap labor. The real ILLEGALS are the racketeers who make billions these people breaking their backs. It most certainly is racism, the right has always needed a scapegoat. These people can not vote, fear the police, and are easy to crap on, unlike most other groups these days.

That is complete bullshit SLC and you know it.? Talk about political correctness to an extreme.? They're immigrants because they weren't born in the US.? They're illegal because the broke the immigration laws we have in place.? Hence they are illegal immigrants.? You of all people on this board should not be buying into the media shove to make people equate "nigger" or anyother racial slur with Illegal Immigrant.? Spicks, wetbacks, those are racial slurs similar to nigger.? Corporations are just as much to blame ofr the problem as the people themselves.? I have no problem with hardworking people coming to America to do jobs that Americans refuse to do themselves.? Just think of how we could reform welfare if we made people fill these rolls similar to the welfare to work program in Michigan.?
? ?What I do have a problem with is people coming to America and utilizing our schools and hospitals when they don't even begin to cover the cost of those services.? Furthemore, they refuse to adapt to America or even learn the language.? While I'm sympathetic to illegals who cross the border, they are still criminals and should be treated as such.? I find it strange and naieve to openly welcome people into your country who defy the most basic laws.? Illegal immigrants and companies that knowingly hire them should be penalized.? Mexicans are hard and dedicated workers, no denying that.? There is no excuse for them not to go through the proper channels, learn our language while still being a productive member of our economy.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 05:52:53 PM by The Gunslinger » Logged
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2006, 05:52:18 PM »

Nobody has answered my question either: When Corporations can cross borders & outsource jobs with immunity, then why can't? people be able to do the same?

Why don't you ask John Kerry and the likes who served as heads of companies who outsourced many of their jobs?  Why don't you ask the people who support a welfare system that pays people to stay at home and do nothing?  They don't have unions in Mexico.  The liberalization of the youth of America has made our workforce lazy and it will only continue to do so.  Rather than commend someone for a hard days work, liberals and alot of Americans look at them and ask "What's wrong with you?"  As America becomes more socialst and implements more social programs, our productivity and sense of competition and survial will dwindle.
imsorry
Rocker

d|0_o|b

« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2006, 07:13:24 PM »

smoke weed...  Cool

20-23/01/1991
10-12/12/1992
15/01/2001
07-13-16/03/2010
11/20/2016
I believe!
Sterlingdog
« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2006, 08:53:21 PM »

Sorry if these are naive questions...

How do illigal immigrants put a burden on our prison system?  Don't we deport them?

And which corporations hire them?  I've worked for a few corporations and we always made an effort to ensure we hired people with a legal right to work here.  Now I know they get jobs...I drive past a pick -up point for workers everyday and there are literally a hundred men standing on the corners waiting for someone to pull up in a truck and pick them up for the day.  But I don't think those guys are working for corporations.  It seems to me that small businesses are more likely to pay under the table than "corporations".
gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2006, 09:08:07 PM »

There was a small town not too far away from where I went to college and in this town is a pork packaging factory that primarily hired illegals.  I thinks its nmae was IPP or Indiana Pork Producers.  It was a state wide company and not a small business.  There were connections there and for 300 dollars a fake ID, immigration papers, banking account and a job were available.  It's not just small businessmen.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2006, 11:48:01 PM »

That is complete bullshit SLC and you know it.  Talk about political correctness to an extreme.  They're immigrants because they weren't born in the US.

It has absolutely nothing to do with PC. They are the new "niggers" because it isn't acceptable to shit on anybody any more. They throw the term around and now are calling them felons on tv too. It is ok to shit on the "illegals" who are our janitors though. Make them the boogieman du jour so the corporations can sneak away undetected.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #71 on: May 04, 2006, 11:50:05 PM »

Why don't you ask John Kerry and the likes who served as heads of companies who outsourced many of their jobs?  Why don't you ask the people who support a welfare system that pays people to stay at home and do nothing?  They don't have unions in Mexico.  The liberalization of the youth of America has made our workforce lazy and it will only continue to do so.  Rather than commend someone for a hard days work, liberals and alot of Americans look at them and ask "What's wrong with you?"  As America becomes more socialst and implements more social programs, our productivity and sense of competition and survial will dwindle.

Haha, you didn't answer my question. I'm surprised you didn't mention the liberal media while you were on you rant.

Answer the question.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2006, 11:58:55 PM »

Sorry if these are naive questions...

How do illigal immigrants put a burden on our prison system?  Don't we deport them?

And which corporations hire them?  I've worked for a few corporations and we always made an effort to ensure we hired people with a legal right to work here.  Now I know they get jobs...I drive past a pick -up point for workers everyday and there are literally a hundred men standing on the corners waiting for someone to pull up in a truck and pick them up for the day.  But I don't think those guys are working for corporations.  It seems to me that small businesses are more likely to pay under the table than "corporations".

The talk now is charging them with a felony. I would guess that means they get arrested and sent to jail.

There are plenty of packing and shipping plants, poultry, restaurants etc that hire illegal aliens along side the small businessmen.

Recently IFCO was caught with well over 2700 illegal aliens working in the pallet wharehouse in NY. They had mismatching social security numbers and fake IDs etc.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 12:02:05 AM by SLCPUNK » Logged
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #73 on: May 05, 2006, 12:31:14 AM »

The bottom line, that is why. You are right, Americans won't do these jobs at the pay scale. So..........Mexicans will, and corporations are happy to oblidge them!

Is this good or bad for the American working class?  Answer the question.

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
SLCPUNK
« Reply #74 on: May 05, 2006, 12:40:57 AM »

The bottom line, that is why. You are right, Americans won't do these jobs at the pay scale. So..........Mexicans will, and corporations are happy to oblidge them!

Is this good or bad for the American working class?  Answer the question.

Of course it is bad, but nobody is "taking" these jobs from Americans, that is the point.

Just as it is bad that corporations outsource jobs to overseas is bad for the working class.

It is outsourcing the American people without even leaving the country to do so. Huge corporations like AT&T etc use prison labor for pennies on the dollar. Are you guys going to come forward and claim the prisoners "took" those jobs from the working man in America too?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 12:44:23 AM by SLCPUNK » Logged
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

« Reply #75 on: May 05, 2006, 05:55:53 PM »

Why don't you ask John Kerry and the likes who served as heads of companies who outsourced many of their jobs?? Why don't you ask the people who support a welfare system that pays people to stay at home and do nothing?? They don't have unions in Mexico.? The liberalization of the youth of America has made our workforce lazy and it will only continue to do so.? Rather than commend someone for a hard days work, liberals and alot of Americans look at them and ask "What's wrong with you?"? As America becomes more socialst and implements more social programs, our productivity and sense of competition and survial will dwindle.

Haha, you didn't answer my question. I'm surprised you didn't mention the liberal media while you were on you rant.

Answer the question.

Because a business is just that, a business.  Only a fool would pay some mediocre worker 12$ an hour when he can pay an excellent worker 5$ an hour.  That's simple economics and something I think you understand well.  If you want to solve the problem, start buying American products exclusively.  I say again, modern unions are the downfall of the American work ethic.  I don't think the problem will be solved because White and Black americans have lost all concept of a hard days work.  It's much easier to never educate or better yourself and bitch about the system than it is to work hard.  Americans have taken after their European counterparts and always look for the easy way out.  In other words, we're fucked.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #76 on: May 05, 2006, 06:56:39 PM »

You are all over the map and entirely missing the point(s).

Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #77 on: May 05, 2006, 07:03:50 PM »

Maybe he's having trouble locating your point on the map hihi

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2006, 07:15:43 PM »

there is a definite correlation between these 2 current threads...does anyone see the connection? Shocked hihi

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
SLCPUNK
« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2006, 07:16:11 PM »

hahaha

Kujo: not afraid to double dip between threads............
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: