Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 08:44:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228067 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  New songs - the novelty has worn off?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New songs - the novelty has worn off?  (Read 38827 times)
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2006, 06:55:52 AM »

Leesixxrose and MikeGiuliana - its nice too see that I'm not the only one not looking at this New Guns with 'Rose' tinted specs!

Maybe if we looked at it more for what it is 'An Axl Rose Solo Project' then I, personally, might be more impressed.

But maybe its not - I dont see how Axl by himself has any right to headline huge festivals which suggests to me there has to be a reunion in the works. (Almost) everyone on the Download forum agrees that he is not worthy of these slots. Im not saying that I wont be at the front this year weeping tears of joy onto my big spliff when Mr Brownstone kicks in, but Ill prob have my eyes closed pretending the real band are there.

Will we ever see the new album? Do I really care any longer? Tool is out in 3 weeks and I'll stake my left nut that will be album of the year - not some 'piano rock' by a guy who again and again shows disdain for his fan base.

Its a great shame for me really to consider what Guns couldve been, but at the end of the day, the world keeps turning.

Flame me all you like, constructive criticism is healthy!

Cheers.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #81 on: April 11, 2006, 08:31:12 AM »

Seriously then, why the fuck are you here. Thats not constructive criticism. Thats just you saying your not impressed, you dont care and all this shit. You are the type of people I was talking about yesterday. No one's forcing a fucking gun to your head saying to be here. If you dont think Axl is worthy of headlining festivals, then you are damn wrong. Axl is and always has been the biggest, most popular member of GN'R. That never would have changed. So tell me how he is not worthy of headlining festivals. Maybe your just mad because Slash or any of the other members arent capable of doing it. Just because he hasnt released a record, thats not really a justified reason. His past work proves he is worthy, you guys act like all Axl did was write lyrics and sing, but I know for damn sure he always had a big influence on how the music sounded, especially on the Illusions. How is Metallica worthy, all they have done is release shitty records for the past 14 years, but as long as they are I guess, the quality of the music doesnt matter. People like you make me laugh, you just waste your life on a message board when you dont really care about Axl's new band and you dont care about the cd. Whatever...
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 08:34:20 AM by ChineseIRS » Logged
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #82 on: April 11, 2006, 08:34:14 AM »

Seriously then, why the fuck are you here. Thats not constructive criticism. Thats just you saying your not impressed, you dont care and all this shit. You are the type of people I was talking about yesterday. No one's forcing a fucking gun to your head saying to be here. If you dont think Axl is worthy of headlining festivals, then you are damn wrong. Axl is and always has been the biggest, most popular member of GN'R. That never would have changed. So tell me how he is not worthy of headlining festivals. Maybe your just mad because Slash or any of the other members arent capable of doing it. Just because he hasnt released a record. How is Metallica worthy, all they have done is release shitty records for the past 14 years, but as long as they are I guess, the quality of the music doesnt matter. People like you make me laugh, you just waste your life on a message board when you dont really care about Axl's new band and you dont care about the cd. Whatever...

he never said he didn't care about Axl or CD....it's just the new songs aren't the whole entire existance of the world to everyone....they are good....but they'll be better on the album.

and what is wrong with preferring the old band...to each his own ok

tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #83 on: April 11, 2006, 08:37:35 AM »

Seriously then, why the fuck are you here. Thats not constructive criticism. Thats just you saying your not impressed, you dont care and all this shit. You are the type of people I was talking about yesterday. No one's forcing a fucking gun to your head saying to be here. If you dont think Axl is worthy of headlining festivals, then you are damn wrong. Axl is and always has been the biggest, most popular member of GN'R. That never would have changed. So tell me how he is not worthy of headlining festivals. Maybe your just mad because Slash or any of the other members arent capable of doing it. Just because he hasnt released a record. How is Metallica worthy, all they have done is release shitty records for the past 14 years, but as long as they are I guess, the quality of the music doesnt matter. People like you make me laugh, you just waste your life on a message board when you dont really care about Axl's new band and you dont care about the cd. Whatever...

he never said he didn't care about Axl or CD....it's just the new songs aren't the whole entire existance of the world to everyone....they are good....but they'll be better on the album.

Actually he did say that. Here is his qoute "Will we ever see the new album? Do I really care any longer? Tool is out in 3 weeks and I'll stake my left nut that will be album of the year - not some 'piano rock' by a guy who again and again shows disdain for his fan base."

I dont care that he prefers the old band, I too prefer the old band. But I can still think the new music is really good without taking away from the old band, and still know that Axl is worthy of headlining festivals. And the new music isnt my whole existence, I listen to many types of music, not just Guns N' Roses.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 08:39:59 AM by ChineseIRS » Logged
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #84 on: April 11, 2006, 08:41:34 AM »

Actually he did say that. Here is his qoute "Will we ever see the new album? Do I really care any longer? Tool is out in 3 weeks and I'll stake my left nut that will be album of the year - not some 'piano rock' by a guy who again and again shows disdain for his fan base."

I dont care that he prefers the old band, I too prefer the old band. But I can still think the new music is really good without taking away from the old band, and still know that Axl is worthy of headlining festivals.

well, to tell you the truth, I'm a bit more excited for Tool than CD at the moment....At least I know with 100% certainty that Tool will release a record...in May of this yaer....on the 2nd of that month Tongue

does that me I won't be ecstatic when CD finally hits shelves.....no....other bands exist besides GnR....does GnR even exist? Nobody knows....not even GnR members, they always say "you know just as much as me" WTF!!! that's scary talk...cuz we know virtually nothing peace

tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2006, 08:44:31 AM »

I wasnt talking about his interest in Tool, I like Tool. I was talking about what he said before the Tool comment and what he said after the Tool comment. But I guess you just ignored that. And did I not just say that I listen to many types of music, not just GN'R. Whatever I'm done with stupid thread.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2006, 08:50:47 AM »

no i didn't ignore it...he obviously cares a little about GnR....he's here right??!! i took it as just frustration talking..it happens

chill out dude peace

Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #87 on: April 11, 2006, 09:06:27 AM »

I wasnt talking about his interest in Tool, I like Tool. I was talking about what he said before the Tool comment and what he said after the Tool comment. But I guess you just ignored that. And did I not just say that I listen to many types of music, not just GN'R. Whatever I'm done with stupid thread.

I don't know if Axl is worthy.  Sure he fronted one of the biggest bands in the world between 1987 and 1993, but what has he done since then that justifies his band being a headliner of festivals today.  If the band were to continue to have an impact on the world for the past 12 years, maybe it would be a different story.  The accomplishments of yesteryear sure mean something, but I certainly can see why music fans of today would argue that six years in the spotlight doesn't qualify one to be part of huge musical venues of today.  Especially if those six years happened a long time ago. 

Let's be realistic here.  I think Axl's great and I think Guns N' Roses is great, but to be honest, today's music fans don't know a hell of a lot about him or the band and don't care if they ever perform again.  I accept that.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #88 on: April 11, 2006, 09:51:58 AM »

maybe this is easier to explain, usually when you fall in love with a band suring the start those are the people you follow, you may look forward to seeing the entire band not just the singer, hell it could be anyone in the band you like best... so now go ahead to the present you still love axl, you still love the gnr name and hope it does good but for some that may be where it stops.. Maybe before you wanted to see slash duff or steven or izzy live in addition to axl... Now you have guys axl picked using the same name, so as I said you follow axl you follow the name gnr because both meant a lot to you and still do to this day, but you are not as excited because you may not care or be into anyone else in the band now..Long story short your old interest may have been a 3 out of 5 now it's 1 out 0f 7 or 8 (depending if the third player is there)... Last I just don't get as excited for any music as I once did.... I was a fucking gnr fanatic years back... I'm looking forward to new music some coo shows like I saw at msg but I'm not looking for the new wheel..
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #89 on: April 11, 2006, 10:03:09 AM »

Maybe its age (not that I'm THAT old) or just plain cynicism that is the reason I'm not still super excited about the leaks.  Like Mike G said, I too used to be a GNR fanatic years ago, and there are still times when I can't sleep b/c I'm so excited about what CD could be (when I saw them at MSG and when we got all the leaks...) but in order for something to truly keep my attention these days it has to wow me like nothing else in the world has....and the leaks just don't do that for me.  They're good, but theres other stuff out there that is good too (which is hard to believe since 90% of music today is pure trash). 
I used to be an insane sports fanatic too, but as years go by I find myself caring less and less and not getting so emotionally involved.  I guess your priorities just change?  My Steelers won the superbowl and I thought it would be the greatest night of my life, but to be honest I wouldn't even put it in the top 10.  Even typing that shocks the hell out of me (maybe b/c it was a shitty game, I don't know).
I guess my point is - i loved the leaks when we first heard them, but now they're just 4 other songs on my ipod that while they won't get the skip, they won't get an "oh my god, I must hear CITR!".  I hope Axl can still wow me.

To touch base on what the recent talk has been, I think when someone/something continues to disappoint you, you still get excited about it, but you've learned to not put all your eggs in one basket.  We've waited for sooooo long and hoped so much that no matter how good CD is, it'll never ever live up to expectations.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
DCGNR2006
« Reply #90 on: April 11, 2006, 10:23:46 AM »

I'm a little tired of the leaks, but that's only natural.  It would probably happen with any 4 songs you listend to repeatedly day after day -

Even more so for us, I think, because we've been waiting so long, that when it finally came, we over-played these leaks. I lived on the Illusions for about 3 years straight, so I've still got a ways to go with these before I " shelf " them..............
gnr_12
Rocker

Nothin' Lasts Forever...

« Reply #91 on: April 11, 2006, 10:48:18 AM »

One song which will never get old for me in Rocket Queen on the Live Era CD... wow.. probably one of Axls best performances of all time .. he nails the vocals better than on the AFD recording.

That goes for all you punks in the press, That want to start shit by printin' lies, Instead of the things we said, That means you, Andy Secher, Mick Wall ,Bob Guccione Jr.
Get In the Fuckin Ring Punks
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #92 on: April 11, 2006, 11:05:30 AM »

I've heared CITR more times in the past month, than I've heared Estranged in my entire life.
and I still listen to it.
My playlist is short.
Better(Instrumental), IRS(Instrumental), TWAT(instrumental), CITR

and I LOVE the instrumentals. the vocals only get in the way. they are fabulous.
Actually I don't want CD. All I want is all the versions they came up with so far for TWAT or CITR.

if the whole legend about TWAT is true, I really want to have it all.
first the Zakk version, then the Robin version, then Buckethead + Robin, and now the latest they came up with.
same goes for CITR.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #93 on: April 11, 2006, 11:36:09 AM »

first the Zakk version, then the Robin version, then Buckethead + Robin, and now the latest they came up with.

the legend of twat, I'd love to see the entire history of the twat,.. The twat began in 1995 and was messed around with a few times along the way then it blossomed into something special after each guy worked his magic on it smoking
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #94 on: April 11, 2006, 12:00:27 PM »

I've heared CITR more times in the past month, than I've heared Estranged in my entire life.
My playlist is short.

and I LOVE the instrumentals. the vocals only get in the way. they are fabulous.
Actually I don't want CD. All I want is all the versions they came up with so far for TWAT or CITR.

same goes for CITR.

zakk never played on any gnr songs if i`m not mistaken.....  at least i`m pretty sure he didn`t record anything...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #95 on: April 11, 2006, 12:04:07 PM »

My playlist is short.

same goes for CITR.

zakk never played on any gnr songs if i`m not mistaken.....? at least i`m pretty sure he didn`t record anything...

back in 95 I know i read that him and slash were playing some stuff together... I remember later how axl described a giant snake and dinosaur .... I know something happened but I don't know what, but the rumor was zakk was joining gnr back then

slash n zakk drool
WARose
Legend

« Reply #96 on: April 11, 2006, 12:28:12 PM »

My playlist is short.

same goes for CITR.

zakk never played on any gnr songs if i`m not mistaken.....  at least i`m pretty sure he didn`t record anything...

back in 95 I know i read that him and slash were playing some stuff together... I remember later how axl described a giant snake and dinosaur .... I know something happened but I don't know what, but the rumor was zakk was joining gnr back then

slash n zakk drool

as far as i know they just jamed together... and later zakk didn`t want to deal with axl`s legal stuff and left....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #97 on: April 11, 2006, 12:31:09 PM »

My playlist is short.

same goes for CITR.

zakk never played on any gnr songs if i`m not mistaken.....? at least i`m pretty sure he didn`t record anything...

slash n zakk drool

as far as i know they just jamed together... and later zakk didn`t want to deal with axl`s legal stuff and left....

I thought it was some mix up ,like zakk demanded something or axl thought he wanted something..  I know there is an interview out there.. Either way zakk would have never waited this long..
WARose
Legend

« Reply #98 on: April 11, 2006, 12:50:21 PM »

My playlist is short.

same goes for CITR.

slash n zakk drool

I thought it was some mix up ,like zakk demanded something or axl thought he wanted something..  I know there is an interview out there.. Either way zakk would have never waited this long..

i agree, he wouldn`t have waited that long... but maybe he would?ve made axl release the damn thing... or just spend his time on different stuff, like tommy or richard....

i doubt it, but it`s speculation anyways.... fact is, zakk would?ve been a great addition for gnr peace

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #99 on: April 11, 2006, 02:35:01 PM »

Maybe its age (not that I'm THAT old) or just plain cynicism that is the reason I'm not still super excited about the leaks. 

Good point. I hear most people become insensitive as they grow old. Maybe that's why some people here just hate anything newer than the 80s stuff and even want to bring back the last century where their sense is not outdated.   hihi

New songs - the novely has worn off?

Not at all.
Apart from Better, rhiad and silkworms, the new songs, leaked demos or live ones, were not novel kinda stuff to begin with. many of them are still fresh, which are my favs.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: