Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 09:10:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "wow, i thought axl was a douche bag but he is so cool"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "wow, i thought axl was a douche bag but he is so cool"  (Read 16311 times)
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

...i fell in love and baby...

« on: May 08, 2006, 07:00:44 AM »

aren't you as fans embarrased by admitting, after hearing axl's interview, that he is that much of a cool guy and that you are glad he controls gnr now, after calling him an ego-maniac and an asshole only weeks ago? i know i would be. just something to think about.

i see the light at the end, but everytime i take a step, it gets dim... tell me is this hell we're living in? if so, heaven's gotta be better, but if we're hellbound, whatever, it's going down.
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 07:04:30 AM »

Man what a worthless post this is I'm not attacking you or anything but why make a post like this? Posts like this are only gonna start shit between forum members? Undecided
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 07:05:59 AM »

it's not to start shit, i promise, i just think it's a little pathetic how certain fans who have bashed axl for years now all of a sudden sees how cool he really is and try to make themselves seem like loyal fans.

i see the light at the end, but everytime i take a step, it gets dim... tell me is this hell we're living in? if so, heaven's gotta be better, but if we're hellbound, whatever, it's going down.
anythinggoes
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 07:13:14 AM »

well if some of these people had taken time to look into GNR a bit more the answer has always been there all you need to do is watch the Making Of Videos he is a funny MoFo watch the Robert John Documentary same again listen to some of his rants at concerts or rhe last concert in 1993 its all there. peace
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2006, 07:13:52 AM »

aren't you as fans embarrased by admitting, after hearing axl's interview, that he is that much of a cool guy and that you are glad he controls gnr now, after calling him an ego-maniac and an asshole only weeks ago? i know i would be. just something to think about.

People have been saying for years that Axl is a funny guy and that he has his moments.? I don't think because he was generally pleasant through one interview suddenly means that he is Mother Teresa.? This post is so ridiculous that I can't even describe in words how baffled I am at it.? ?I mean yeah he is a cool guy, but this wasn't exactly a hard hitting interview.

what baffled me is how it is possible to miss a point by that much.

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2006, 07:16:01 AM »

no

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2006, 07:20:41 AM »

People have been saying for years that Axl is a funny guy and that he has his moments.? I don't think because he was generally pleasant through one interview suddenly means that he is Mother Teresa.? This post is so ridiculous that I can't even describe in words how baffled I am at it.? ?I mean yeah he is a cool guy, but this wasn't exactly a hard hitting interview.

Ok.  I got the point.  I guess when I first read it I assumed you were trying to say how everything that has been said in the past about him is wrong.  I have been up all night studying for finals, so yeah,  I don't know anyone in particular that has done a complete 180 like that, but if they did, then my original point I made should be directed towards them.

What Goes around comes around!
blaqktiger
Guitars Suck
Rocker

The only man to pull off a Red Suit - BfoOt

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2006, 07:21:12 AM »

it's not to start shit, i promise, i just think it's a little pathetic how certain fans who have bashed axl for years now all of a sudden sees how cool he really is and try to make themselves seem like loyal fans.

I know what you mean. After Rio 3 people were saying how the band is shit.. How Axl is fat etc... then after the 2002 people were like 'yeah he still has it, he is great' even though they dissed him the year before. Then there is no news and people start bashing him again, then the leaks come they love him again.

It's annoying how most people on forums only like Axl when he does something and act like they have always stood by him, even tho they bitch when we get no news.

07-06-2006 -- Hammersmith Apollo.
11-06-2006 -- Donington Park.
30-07-2006 -- Wembley Arena.

www.robinfinck.com
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2006, 09:13:17 AM »

I know what you mean. After Rio 3 people were saying how the band is shit.. How Axl is fat etc... then after the 2002 people were like 'yeah he still has it, he is great' even though they dissed him the year before. Then there is no news and people start bashing him again, then the leaks come they love him again.

It's annoying how most people on forums only like Axl when he does something and act like they have always stood by him, even tho they bitch when we get no news.

i know. real fans stick by an artist no matter what.

Origen
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2006, 09:29:47 AM »

i know. real fans stick by an artist no matter what.

So now YOUR deciding who here is a real fan or not  Roll Eyes

I still think Axl is an asshole and a very cool guy. It's just the way the guy is sometimes I admire him so much and sometimes I think he can be an asshole about things. But I suppose in your opinion that makes me less of a fan cause I don't agree with everythink he does.
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2006, 09:34:44 AM »

i'm not trying to decide anything, all i'm sayin is that there are alot of hypocrits around who claim to be loyal fans when they are in fact one of his biggest critics unless he caters to them all the time.

speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2006, 09:41:29 AM »

Ok.? I got the point.? I guess when I first read it I assumed you were trying to say how everything that has been said in the past about him is wrong.? I have been up all night studying for finals, so yeah,? I don't know anyone in particular that has done a complete 180 like that, but if they did, then my original point I made should be directed towards them.

why delete your first post though? i already got it quoted confused

Elrothiel
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2006, 09:52:54 AM »

Speedy, I know what you mean. It pisses me off that us REAL fans who don't bitch and whine about things are called "Axl nutswingers" by the haters, but then when Axl does something, and we're praising him for it, they ALSO praise him as if they'd never said anything bad in the first place!

Reason they pretend to be loyal fans: because they don't want to be seen as assholes/beaten up/cussed out by the REAL loyal fans.

Their cowardice disgusts me.
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2006, 09:56:34 AM »

Speedy, I know what you mean. It pisses me off that us REAL fans who don't bitch and whine about things are called "Axl nutswingers" by the haters, but then when Axl does something, and we're praising him for it, they ALSO praise him as if they'd never said anything bad in the first place!

Reason they pretend to be loyal fans: because they don't want to be seen as assholes/beaten up/cussed out by the REAL loyal fans.

Their cowardice disgusts me.

i knooow!!! that's my girl!!! Grin
when chinese democracy comes we, the most loyal of us, will be the proudest too, and these pretenders can sit embarrased and eat their own words while pretending to have been loyal fans all along. as a loyal fan since 1990 and poster since the gnronline.com days, it sickens me to see other fans come in here and criticize and turn their back on axl but then come back like cowards and try to pass themselves off as loyal whenever something good happens. disguisting indeed. loyalty is important to axl, cross him and you are dead to him, that's what his friends say.

Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2006, 10:01:23 AM »

Why do you people reply to Speed-Stones posts? All he ever does is throw up passive aggressive bullshit posts to stir up shit.

I could totally see him posting things like:

"When did you stop beating your wife?"

Posting in these threads only makes it worse, as I am posting this I am aware that his is sitting at home giggling as he play us out like a puppet show.

I will not reply to any Speed-Stone posts again. But just for fun folks click on his name and look at some of his previous stuff... all he does it try to get under peoples skin. Every post he makes is trolling for a reaction.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 10:02:57 AM by Oh My Choking Soul » Logged

speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2006, 10:05:12 AM »

Why do you people reply to Speed-Stones posts? All he ever does is throw up passive aggressive bullshit posts to stir up shit.

I could totally see him posting things like:

"When did you stop beating your wife?"

Posting in these threads only makes it worse, as I am posting this I am aware that his is sitting at home giggling as he play us out like a puppet show.

I will not reply to any Speed-Stone posts again. But just for fun folks click on his name and look at some of his previous stuff... all he does it try to get under peoples skin. Every post he makes is trolling for a reaction.

most of my posts are gnr related, i couldn't care less if you reply to me. as a matter of fact, please don't.? and "why did you stop beating your wife"? where did that come from? it's sad that you make such generalisations towards another member you don't know at all. skynyrdgirl is a friend of mine, telling her not to reply to my posts when she even agrees with me a hundred percent (as do other posters) is outright lame.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2006, 10:06:51 AM »

It was a great interview, no doubt. ?Axl represented himself very well and we should all recognize that.

But..

He's also the guy who just recently threw a former bandmate under the proverbial bus by going public with alleged comments made in a private conversation, not cool. ?

The bottom line is Axl, just like anyone else has good moments and bad. ?Any thoughts of universal cool or full time jackass are probably skewed by blind worship or shortsighted dislike.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
ROSE22
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2006, 10:07:34 AM »

it's obvious that this speedstone character just likes to argue with people. any post or comment will do as long as he gets to argue his meaningless points. just go away.
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2006, 10:12:50 AM »

if another member than me had posted this, the reactions would have been better. all i ever tried to do was point out that certain fans aren't very loyal, and that's my right as a poster. several people even agreed. i'm not playing anyone like a puppet show, i'm posting on a board about my favourite band. my reputation on this board as a bad poster is completely undeserved, and if you really want to look at my posts and contributions, scroll more than one page back. if i wanted to stir up shit, i'd do it a little more effectively.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2006, 10:31:05 AM »

i agree with your post  Grin   the haters are a waste of time and a waste of space  ok
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: