Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 07:03:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Is Axl hoping that the presence of Izzy will make up for not playing new songs?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Axl hoping that the presence of Izzy will make up for not playing new songs?  (Read 4403 times)
Eternal Flaming Sword of Death...
Rocker

What happened?

« on: May 10, 2006, 07:13:16 PM »

My suspicions are that Axl will not play any new songs that we have not heard yet.

He has to be aware that the show willl probably be bootlegged, and all over the net.

When I saw them in Vegas '02, I waas hoping for new material, and got the same as the year before, except, Madagascar replacing Rhiad. I dont even think he will playh Rhiad this time.

I wonder if he is banking on people being so surprised at seeing Izzy with the band that they will not give a fuk if he doesn't play any unheard material.

What do you guys think?

Behold, the evil that men do...
VolcomStone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 07:15:27 PM »

obviously, YES!

If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 07:16:18 PM »

not hearing any new songs would be a disapointment.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Steel_Angel
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 07:17:15 PM »

shit i want to hear new songs... now i dont want izzy to show up  no
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2006, 07:17:40 PM »

Hopefully he'll bring out those "big guns" he said he would have in the 02 tour.

Im not too worried though because Ive got my fingers crossed that CD will be out soon.

What Id really like to hear is more UYI stuff actually.
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2006, 07:32:38 PM »

my guess i same set list as 02... no new songs... and izzy will be a no show.... thats my guess anyways
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2006, 07:35:06 PM »

shit i want to hear new songs... now i dont want izzy to show up? no

are you fucking kidding me ?

for christ sake once you idiots hear any news that might sound the least bit opptimistic theres always morons that go around thinking too much into the situation and get freaked out. then they post about it and freak other people out.

BE THANKFUL THERE IS A SHOW PERIOD !? rant

« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 07:36:52 PM by Axlfreek » Logged

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2006, 07:36:13 PM »

Izzy will be at at least one of the four NY shows.

They will play some new tunes.

That's how I see it.
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2006, 07:37:28 PM »

Izzy will be at at least one of the four NY shows.

They will play some new tunes.

That's how I see it.

I wish i was as optomistic as you are....
Steel_Angel
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2006, 07:38:58 PM »

no. ?i want to hear new music ?Cool
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2006, 07:39:33 PM »

I don't think so but it's an interesting theory....but that would mean that izzy's appearance was planned way long ago...I get the impression that it was a spur of the moment kinda meeting for his b-day

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2006, 07:42:22 PM »

for christ sake once you idiots hear any news that might sound the least bit opptimistic theres always morons that go around thinking too much into the situation and get freaked out. then they post about it and freak other people out.

BE THANKFUL THERE IS A SHOW PERIOD !? rant

I whole hearted second from me on that one. I mean JESUS.....how about if there were NO SHOW AT ALL?! Would you rather May 12 happen like it did last year and the year before? With no GNR show at all?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Niko
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2006, 07:43:18 PM »

dont you think that if you hear new songs at these shows CD is going to be a "no-suprise"?
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2006, 07:46:35 PM »

dont you think that if you hear new songs at these shows CD is going to be a "no-suprise"?

no... coz i dont think that all the new songs they play live will be on the first album.... he said he has alot of songs.. i dont want to hear all the album but i dont want to hear Madagascar or the Blues for the 1000000 th time either..
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2006, 07:50:34 PM »

It's hard to say because going by what Axl said, it's possible (though unlikely) that we haven't heard a single song from CD yet because track listings for CD keep changing etc so we may have not heard many CD tracks at all and any new songs played may be from later albums.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2006, 07:50:46 PM »

I want to think he will come out of the gate swinging but I doubt it. At least not till the fall US tour when CD is suppose to be ready for release. Maybe one or two songs.. Most likely the ones that have been leaked. I can't see him pulling out a "big gun".

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2006, 08:01:38 PM »

Axl spoke about Izzy being at the shows just a few days ago(you might have heard about it), and I don't think he was lying when he said he didn't know if he would actually be there or not. He's not gonna depend on him showing up,imo. But what do you do if you're Axl? Play basically the same setlist as 2002, encouraging the media and some fans to bitch about it? Or do you put new stuff out there, knowing full well that it WILL be recorded by people, and spread all over the net?

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2006, 08:14:24 PM »

My suspicions are that Axl will not play any new songs that we have not heard yet.

He has to be aware that the show willl probably be bootlegged, and all over the net.

When I saw them in Vegas '02, I waas hoping for new material, and got the same as the year before, except, Madagascar replacing Rhiad. I dont even think he will playh Rhiad this time.

I wonder if he is banking on people being so surprised at seeing Izzy with the band that they will not give a fuk if he doesn't play any unheard material.

What do you guys think?

I think for new songs they will play the ones from 2002 (maddy, cd, blues) and the leaks (twat, irs, citr, better). The songs are already all over the net, so I dont think Axl would care if the show got bootlegged.

Axl said his current fave new songs are Better, TWAT and the blues, I think he wil want to see how they sound live
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 08:16:15 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2006, 08:19:02 PM »

Axl said he was pushed into the other concerts thats why he played the old songs he wasnt ready for the new ones to be released ... im confident that he'll play the new ones ... as he said his is his time

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2006, 09:10:32 PM »

Axl said he was pushed into the other concerts thats why he played the old songs he wasnt ready for the new ones to be released ... im confident that he'll play the new ones ... as he said his is his time

Wow. GREAT post...I hadn't even thought about that. If he's ready for this then we should get the whole shebang!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: