Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 08:29:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guitar playing on new tracks - your opinion?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guitar playing on new tracks - your opinion?  (Read 21041 times)
alexh0618
« Reply #160 on: April 20, 2006, 03:40:57 PM »

I'm suprised that no one has mentioned that the IRS solo by Buckethead is their favorite. I think that solo is great. Another one is the Better outro by Fink. It fits the song perfectly.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #161 on: April 20, 2006, 05:18:30 PM »

in that order:

1.robin`s better solo
2.robin`s chidem solo
3.robin`s and bucket`s twat solo
4.bucket`s IRS solo
5.robin`s the blues solo
6.robin and bucket`s rhyiad solo
7.may`s citr solo
8.bucket`s madagascar solo

robin finck is by far my favourite guitar player ever by the way ok

it`s not that i`m biased or anything....i couldn`t even be, but this solos spoke for themselves peace

@ saul: which buckethead solo in better??   the one at the beginning of the metal part? 

needless to say that all solos are amazing and the order could change daily.....

there are few guitar players, that i really dig....  and most of them are/were in gnr. some people might call this fanboy or whatever, but i believe there`s a reason to be fan of a band....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #162 on: April 20, 2006, 05:38:15 PM »

the solo in the end of TWAT by BUCKETMASTER!

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #163 on: April 20, 2006, 05:57:23 PM »

The guitar in the middle of "Better"! ok

That absolutely rocks. yes beer

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #164 on: April 20, 2006, 06:18:39 PM »

Buckethead's solos on TWAT is the best.  Bucket's solo on IRS and Robin's solo on Better are the runners up
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #165 on: April 20, 2006, 06:20:52 PM »

I'm still fond of the IRS solo right when Axl just lets out that classic scream.  Thats GNR to me. 

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #166 on: April 20, 2006, 06:22:47 PM »

The solo in the middle of The Blues.... if Robin doesn't mess it up.  ok
MikeFrett
Headliner

Don't damn me

« Reply #167 on: April 20, 2006, 06:23:27 PM »

Hmmm, I couldn't really hear the solos in TWAT. They wern't well defined. Perhaps in the final version the will be.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #168 on: April 20, 2006, 07:06:35 PM »

TWAT Buckethead's solo (the outro) is killer, by far the best ''new'' (I hate that word  rant ) Guns N' Roses guitar solo, and one of the best Guns N' Roses guitar solos of all eras (after listening to it one hundred million times, I'm sure of what I'm saying)

I put my hands on the fire that the final version of TWAT, in the CD, will be outstanding, at the level of songs like November Rain or Coma.

The other 3 leaked demos are good, I think only TWAT has the potencial of being an inmortal piece.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #169 on: April 20, 2006, 07:13:42 PM »

I've noticed Slash's solos (especially in VR) have become predictable since his leaving gn'r. 

I have bioth snakepit albums and stuff slash has done with just say blackstreet or on street child for example and I think it rocks regardless of if axl is there.. it's such a forum cliche to say slash's stuff is just the same or predictable since I doesn't have axl.. it's teh same as saying BH only shreds he has no emotions... Just forum cliches that have become false gospel instead of realty

IRS the end is the best solo new gnr has..
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #170 on: April 20, 2006, 07:14:27 PM »

definetely the end of twat.. hope they keep it

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #171 on: April 20, 2006, 07:15:34 PM »

I'm sure Slash would have destroyed Buckethead if he had played the TWAT outro... listen to "Street Child", Slash makes his guitar cry, it comes from his soul. Buckethead's solo on Twat or IRS or Better don't impress me. His TWAT outro is good (the best of all his solos because he doesn't play it too fast, wich sounds good), but it still lacks feeling. It's not enough powerfull. Maybe he should use more vibrato I don't know. He doesn't make his guitar cry. 1st solo by Robin sounds killer. "dawww dou dawwwww", right sound, right vibe. Good timing. It will become a classic I think. The first time i heard that solo I said "wow, future classic!". First time. It hit my mind.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 07:29:33 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #172 on: April 20, 2006, 07:30:24 PM »

TWAT Buckethead's solo (the outro) is killer, by far the best ''new'' (I hate that word? rant ) Guns N' Roses guitar solo, and one of the best Guns N' Roses guitar solos of all eras (after listening to it one hundred million times, I'm sure of what I'm saying)

I put my hands on the fire that the final version of TWAT, in the CD, will be outstanding, at the level of songs like November Rain or Coma.

The other 3 leaked demos are good, I think only TWAT has the potencial of being an inmortal piece.

I'm with you 100%. Buckethead's solo on Twat (Extended) between  4:22 - 5:42 is not only the best solo from the 'new' band but is also one of the best from all eras of GNR. The synth/strings add a lot to the feel of it and the whole thing just gives me chills, it's amazing! How could anyone say Bucket plays that with no emotion and 'doesn't make the guitar cry'?? That guitar crys like a baby especially around the 5:22 mark!!! The solo (I'm assuming by Robin) between 2:35 - 3:18 is also amazing.

TWAT = best song so far by 'new' GNR hands down! I have no doubt this will be a masterpiece in finished form, hell it's close enough now!

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #173 on: April 20, 2006, 07:35:53 PM »

I think TWAT will be even more amazing with a propper orchestration, arrangements and of course a better sound quality. I'd like Chinese Democracy to be released with a 5.1 DVD sound quality if it's possible... Smiley

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #174 on: April 20, 2006, 07:50:25 PM »

I'm sure Slash would have destroyed Buckethead if he had played the TWAT outro... listen to "Street Child", Slash makes his guitar cry, it comes from his soul. Buckethead's solo on Twat or IRS or Better don't impress me. His TWAT outro is good (the best of all his solos because he doesn't play it too fast, wich sounds good), but it still lacks feeling. It's not enough powerfull. Maybe he should use more vibrato I don't know. He doesn't make his guitar cry. 1st solo by Robin sounds killer. "dawww dou dawwwww", right sound, right vibe. Good timing. It will become a classic I think. The first time i heard that solo I said "wow, future classic!". First time. It hit my mind.

no offenses dude, but you can't say that Buckethead's TWAT solo ''it still lacks feeling''. I wonder which things ''impresses'' you if this guitar masterpiece doesn't. Slash doesn't make a solo of this level since his GNR era...

Whoever replaces Buckethead parts in the tour will have a tough time doing this solo.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #175 on: April 20, 2006, 07:51:08 PM »

TWAT Buckethead's solo (the outro) is killer, by far the best ''new'' (I hate that word? rant ) Guns N' Roses guitar solo, and one of the best Guns N' Roses guitar solos of all eras (after listening to it one hundred million times, I'm sure of what I'm saying)

I'm with you 100%. Buckethead's solo on Twat (Extended) between? 4:22 - 5:42 is not only the best solo from the 'new' band but is also one of the best from all eras of GNR. The synth/strings add a lot to the feel of it and the whole thing just gives me chills, it's amazing! How could anyone say Bucket plays that with no emotion and 'doesn't make the guitar cry'?? That guitar crys like a baby especially around the 5:22 mark!!! The solo (I'm assuming by Robin) between 2:35 - 3:18 is also amazing.

TWAT = best song so far by 'new' GNR hands down! I have no doubt this will be a masterpiece in finished form, hell it's close enough now!
exactly my toughts
that solo is amazing...

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
zakas80
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #176 on: April 20, 2006, 10:40:38 PM »

I'm with you 100%. Buckethead's solo on Twat (Extended) between? 4:22 - 5:42 is not only the best solo from the 'new' band but is also one of the best from all eras of GNR. The synth/strings add a lot to the feel of it and the whole thing just gives me chills, it's amazing! How could anyone say Bucket plays that with no emotion and 'doesn't make the guitar cry'?? That guitar crys like a baby especially around the 5:22 mark!!! The solo (I'm assuming by Robin) between 2:35 - 3:18 is also amazing.

[/quo

Actually on the demo version of TWAT that we have all heard the first solo (2:35-3:18) is Richard Fortus and the killer one towards? the end there is Finck.? Out of those 4 demos, Buckethead is only on IRS
[/b]
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 10:43:11 PM by zakas80 » Logged

Its what used to be's not there for me
And oughta find someone that belonged insane like i do
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #177 on: April 20, 2006, 10:55:53 PM »

TWAT Buckethead's solo (the outro) is killer, by far the best ''new'' (I hate that word  rant ) Guns N' Roses guitar solo, and one of the best Guns N' Roses guitar solos of all eras (after listening to it one hundred million times, I'm sure of what I'm saying)

I'm with you 100%. Buckethead's solo on Twat (Extended) between  4:22 - 5:42 is not only the best solo from the 'new' band but is also one of the best from all eras of GNR. The synth/strings add a lot to the feel of it and the whole thing just gives me chills, it's amazing! How could anyone say Bucket plays that with no emotion and 'doesn't make the guitar cry'?? That guitar crys like a baby especially around the 5:22 mark!!! The solo (I'm assuming by Robin) between 2:35 - 3:18 is also amazing.

[/quo

Actually on the demo version of TWAT that we have all heard the first solo (2:35-3:18) is Richard Fortus and the killer one towards  the end there is Finck.  Out of those 4 demos, Buckethead is only on IRS
[/b]

You're saying Buckethead's only on IRS?  He's clearly on Better and TWAT, the outro on TWAT from 4:20 on is all Buckethead, its very evident that it's his style of playing for anyone familiar with his solo work, particularly with some of the effects he does
Reinaldo
Rocker

"O.K., Nevermind!"

« Reply #178 on: April 21, 2006, 12:43:04 AM »

I really can't hear BH on TWAT, there's only Finck and Fortus, like GNFNR_UK wrote.
Although, it's clear BH is on Better and IRS.
On CITR, that's Bryan May, Finck and maybe Paul Huge (or Fortus).

My favorite new GNR solo is BH on KOHD in RIR III... there's some magic on it.

RIR 2001 - Porto Alegre 2010 - RIR 2011 - Rio de Janeiro 2014 & 2016 - RIR 2022
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #179 on: April 21, 2006, 12:59:25 AM »

I really can't hear BH on TWAT, there's only Finck and Fortus, like GNFNR_UK wrote.
Although, it's clear BH is on Better and IRS.
On CITR, that's Bryan May, Finck and maybe Paul Huge (or Fortus).

My favorite new GNR solo is BH on KOHD in RIR III... there's some magic on it.

Lol it wasn't me who said that buddy! I said Bucket IS ON Twat! You can tell that's his playing, i'm familiar with Buckets playing, I'm into his solo work too.

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: