Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 08:53:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228057 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Madrid, Spain- May 25th Show
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Madrid, Spain- May 25th Show  (Read 188774 times)
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #760 on: May 26, 2006, 08:53:50 AM »

No offense to you Spanish fans, but you need to expect that Axl will take up to 2 hours to start the show following the opening act.? Why would you expect any differently?? I would expect the Spanish reviews to be poor because of the "late" start and not because of the performances.

Also Spaniards, where are the updates?? It's the day after and we have no setlist and no real updates on anything that may have happened or may have been said by Axl.?

slackers hihi
Hammer1
Headliner

GNR Fan

« Reply #761 on: May 26, 2006, 09:23:00 AM »

Nice to see Axl packed a change of clothes before he left New York... hihi

I really wish Axl would just rock out in the faded jeans + some miscellaneous concert T-shirt.

The November Rain jacket is sweet, but just looks dated and doesn't really suit the style he's hiding underneath peace

Fuckin' killer picture anyways although Im gunna guess it's one of George Chin's gems and not taken from a fan.

something tells me that is a Dolce Gabana number not the "November Rain" coat.....His clothes are all designer and very expensive, he is having Dior and Dolce send him everything from Jeans to jackets, the Dolce phone is $3000.00 US alone...
 peace
concer T's are not gonna happen......
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #762 on: May 26, 2006, 09:24:53 AM »

So, hands up if you actually think a technical problem delayed the band?
Electric Sintar
Headliner

This is the greatest and best song in the world!

« Reply #763 on: May 26, 2006, 09:36:13 AM »

I find all of this talk about being late, and how it is going to hurt him this time around very comical ?hihi

Here's some advice... if anyone needs to be home by midnight, don't buy a ticket to see Guns n' Roses. ?It has been like this for 17 years, and it isn't going to change anytime soon. ?This is one of the things that makes Axl who he is. ?He surely isn't doing it to be disrespectful to his fans, he just has his own agenda, and that why so many people love the guy. ?He does things his way. ?People are tired of the bland, boring frontmen in Rock today, and personally I think the music world needs Axl more then the other way around right now. ?Get used to it and stop complaining, it's nothing new... ?
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #764 on: May 26, 2006, 09:38:53 AM »

I find all of this talk about being late, and how it is going to hurt him this time around very comical  hihi

Here's some advice... if anyone needs to be home by midnight, don't buy a ticket to see Guns n' Roses.  It has been like this for 17 years, and it isn't going to change anytime soon.  This is one of the things that makes Axl who he is.  He surely isn't doing it to be disrespectful to his fans, he just has his own agenda, and that why so many people love the guy.  He does things his way.  People are tired of the bland, boring frontmen in Rock today, and personally I think the music world needs Axl more then the other way around right now.  Get used to it and stop complaining, it's nothing new... 

Great post. Totally agree.  peace
TrueRock&Roll
VIP

Guns N Roses = Best band of all time

« Reply #765 on: May 26, 2006, 09:41:42 AM »

Am I just missing a link or something?  Have there been anymore pics posted yet?
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #766 on: May 26, 2006, 09:43:26 AM »

I find all of this talk about being late, and how it is going to hurt him this time around very comical? hihi

Here's some advice... if anyone needs to be home by midnight, don't buy a ticket to see Guns n' Roses.? It has been like this for 17 years, and it isn't going to change anytime soon.? This is one of the things that makes Axl who he is.? He surely isn't doing it to be disrespectful to his fans, he just has his own agenda, and that why so many people love the guy.? He does things his way.? People are tired of the bland, boring frontmen in Rock today, and personally I think the music world needs Axl more then the other way around right now.? Get used to it and stop complaining, it's nothing new...?

Great post. Totally agree.? peace
exactly  ok

do you guys who are complaining not realise this is the perfect way for the "most dangerous band in the world" to get things under way.its GUNS N ROSES for fuks sake 

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #767 on: May 26, 2006, 09:46:53 AM »

aww man, when I came here to get some new on yesterdays, humm I mean, today?s gig I was expecting all but this...Yeah I knew they were like 2 hours late, and this is very bad but I think 22pm it too eary for a GN?R gig anyway... but this doesn?t mean they can put their crowd waiting for 2 hours, without even another bad to entertain them! If i was there I would be too fucking angry... I don?t get this... Axl wants to start all this again, he did well in NYC, but why does he have to do this in his 1st europe show? It?s such a bad publicity! Doesn?t he have brains, for god sake? I?m very worried now, cos I?m going to RiR... the show starts at 00.00am, we have the darkness before so the same as what happened in Spain won?t happen. But I?m worried cos of the crowd?s reaction to the gig. Last GN?R gig here was a disaster.... check the history section, in92 to see what I?m talking about... I know there are many fans here, but I don?t the know if the majority will be GN?R fans... god, I so hope everything goes well, I wanna have a fucking good time tomorrow, and to be honest, now I don?t feel to confident about it anymore... oh welll confused

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #768 on: May 26, 2006, 10:03:30 AM »

I have never been an Axl ass-kisser, but c'mon people. ?Axl has been going on late for years. ?I had to miss the last few songs of the NYC show on the 17th because Axl went on later than expected and I had to catch the 1:40 am train. ?But I blame nobody but myself. ?When you go to see him, it is a given he is not going on stage on time. ?Miss the opening act and show up late yourself. ?It is that simple. ?

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #769 on: May 26, 2006, 10:05:24 AM »

I have never been an Axl ass-kisser, but c'mon people. ?Axl has been going on late for years. ?I had to miss the last few songs of the NYC show on the 17th because Axl went on later than expected and I had to catch the 1:40 am train. ?But I blame nobody but myself. ?When you go to see him, it is a given he is not going on stage on time. ?Miss the opening act and show up late yourself. ?It is that simple. ?

I missed that train every damn night except for one hihi We only got that one train because we booked ass to the station after the show.  You see the most interesting characters in the waiting room between 2 am and 5 am  nervous

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
IFINGLOVEGNR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #770 on: May 26, 2006, 10:13:53 AM »

I missed that train every damn night except for one hihi We only got that one train because we booked ass to the station after the show.? You see the most interesting characters in the waiting room between 2 am and 5 am? nervous

I missed the 140 train on the 17th, so i hung out and got to meet Axl, it was only till 4:20 till the next train anyways, not such a big deal

5/12/06
5/14/06
5/15/06
5/17/06
NJ-11/5/06
NYC-MSG 11/10/06
NYC-CBGB 2/11/10
NYC-RoseBar 2/14/10
NJ-11/17/11
CT-11/19/11
NJ-11/26/11
NYC-2/12/12
Vegas-11/14,17,18/2012
NYC-6/6/13
NYC-6/8
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #771 on: May 26, 2006, 10:16:07 AM »

I missed that train every damn night except for one hihi We only got that one train because we booked ass to the station after the show.? You see the most interesting characters in the waiting room between 2 am and 5 am? nervous

I missed the 140 train on the 17th, so i hung out and got to meet Axl, it was only till 4:20 till the next train anyways, not such a big deal

Yup, I was there too on the 17th......I shook hands with the man and had a dream realized  Grin

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #772 on: May 26, 2006, 10:17:00 AM »

I have never been an Axl ass-kisser, but c'mon people.  Axl has been going on late for years.  I had to miss the last few songs of the NYC show on the 17th because Axl went on later than expected and I had to catch the 1:40 am train.  But I blame nobody but myself.  When you go to see him, it is a given he is not going on stage on time.  Miss the opening act and show up late yourself.  It is that simple. 

I missed that train every damn night except for one hihi We only got that one train because we booked ass to the station after the show.  You see the most interesting characters in the waiting room between 2 am and 5 am  nervous

Yea - I'll say. I was in NYC a few months ago with my girlfriend and we used Amtrak to get all around the country. Some freaky types in Penn Station.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #773 on: May 26, 2006, 10:42:07 AM »

Time Zone
NY (EDT)                 X =  UTC- 4 hours
London (summer)   X =  UTC+1
Lisboa   (summer)  X =  UTC+1
Madrid   (summer)  X =  UTC
Paris      (summer)  X =  UTC

GNR  time   = X - 2 hours approx  Cheesy

the proper person to thank for those videos is Luana @ perfect crime forum
Thanks Luana @ perfect crime forum!

Thanks will and GNR france peeps and all others for those updates ok

blah blah blah

So yeah, all in all, a great show but it's very hard for me to admit that (let alone my girlfriend who'd rather kill Mr. W. Axl Rose)

Hope you guys appreciate the honesty,

Base

I do.

I wish other critics were so honest as you that they wouldn't leave out that line in their reviews.
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #774 on: May 26, 2006, 10:52:25 AM »

It's easier to get away with late start times in a smaller New York venue, than it will be in these European festivals/arenas.  But in any case, it's hardly a surprise.

His voice did sound really good on those clips.  Performance/personality wise the old band will always be missed.  But the current players actually sound tighter than the old band ever did.  It's more professional that way. 

I'm willing to bet some of these reviewers aren't even old enough to have seen the original band in the eighties. 
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #775 on: May 26, 2006, 11:01:25 AM »

I'm willing to bet some of these reviewers aren't even old enough to have seen the original band in the eighties. 

that`s a good point actually.

if someone only attends these concerts, because he wants nostalgia he`s not exactly at the right place...if someone went to a concert in 91-93 i can understand this though.....but people of my age who didn`t experience the old band should just shut up... they don`t have the right to miss the old band imo.

this is a new band and they`ll play new songs as well....  axl really has to deliver the fuckin album this time so that this nostalgia crap stops... Undecided

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
MarianoG
Headliner

River Plate

« Reply #776 on: May 26, 2006, 11:16:46 AM »

« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 11:21:28 AM by MarianoG » Logged
shaun
« Reply #777 on: May 26, 2006, 11:21:17 AM »

Marid show, news to me  hihi

I thought it was 4 shows in NYC followed by the UK and Axl's been seen in London.

Back to Madrid, any good bootlegs? still looking for that elusive mega rocking live version of Better  beer
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #778 on: May 26, 2006, 11:39:58 AM »

For the life of me I don't understand some gnr fans.

At the NY gigs I heard lots of people whining "i've been waiting for three hours"

uh why the fuck did you show up at gnr show at 8pm, or even 9pm... unless your a diehard fan of the opening act use your head.... everyone knows axl never takes the stage before at least 10:30. Midnight is late but its quite early for axl.

Unless your one of those crazy fuckers who insists on getting to the front of the stage on the railing, your better off to just show up around 10:30pm and save yourself some aggravation

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
shaun
« Reply #779 on: May 26, 2006, 11:43:24 AM »

Good to hear they played Rhiad & The Bedouins. Has the song changed in anyway? from the bootleg from that early Vegas show, it sounded unfinished and in need of some work and some extra lyrics.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: