Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 05:16:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  UK Tour in July
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UK Tour in July  (Read 58930 times)
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2006, 12:05:41 PM »

Let's tour with... Oasis.

Oasis aren't touring this year even if it was a possibility. Although they may release a new B-sides album.

Oasis played Houston last night... I was there.

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2006, 12:09:01 PM »

Maybe he will have to cancel download to pull off a full blown Euro tour.

Are you serious?

Just because the Download Festival wants to have the exclusive UK gig by the artists appearing there, doesn't mean they have any power over the rest of Europe.

/jarmo
Did you read the whole thing? CC has a policy of 'Play Download, no headline UK tour'. Definition: Choose. Are you playing download, or are you gonna tour other venues. I dont understand why you think my comment wasn't serious.

Since Download has supposedly been confirmed, and if GNR doesn't cancel it, then a UK tour isn't gonna happen.

"Apparently Clear Channel place a "Play Download, cant headline your own UK Tour" policy on ALL bands who play the festival"

"Kirk seemed pretty annoyed that the band had to choose tour the UK or play Download."

I dont understand how these quotes here can be misinterpreted.

phone  Mysteron??

you ask for mysteron???  i never thought this day would come..... hihi

but to stay on topic. it`s definitely NOT cool to cancel a gig, lots of people payed 200? for and most likely won`t get any refunds, since it`s a festival.... i guess that`s one of the reasons jarmo asked if you were serious..... peace

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2006, 12:24:45 PM »

Clear Channel only controls what happens with Downlaod and the UK-the other European promoters are free to contract with the band. Now, he might have to cancel Download to play a full UK tour (if that ever really was his wish)-but it shouldnt affect any other aspect of the euro tour, CC is not the Concert leviathian it is in USA

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2006, 12:28:18 PM »

I don't think GNR would cancel the Download gig. ?Just can't see them having a summer tour across the UK if the festival doesn't want them to do it. ?There are many other places they could play.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2006, 12:30:37 PM »

Are you serious?

Just because the Download Festival wants to have the exclusive UK gig by the artists appearing there, doesn't mean they have any power over the rest of Europe.

/jarmo
Did you read the whole thing? CC has a policy of 'Play Download, no headline UK tour'. Definition: Choose. Are you playing download, or are you gonna tour other venues. I dont understand why you think my comment wasn't serious.

Since Download has supposedly been confirmed, and if GNR doesn't cancel it, then a UK tour isn't gonna happen.

"Apparently Clear Channel place a "Play Download, cant headline your own UK Tour" policy on ALL bands who play the festival"

"Kirk seemed pretty annoyed that the band had to choose tour the UK or play Download."

I dont understand how these quotes here can be misinterpreted.

phone? Mysteron??

you ask for mysteron?Huh i never thought this day would come..... hihi

but to stay on topic. it`s definitely NOT cool to cancel a gig, lots of people payed 200? for and most likely won`t get any refunds, since it`s a festival.... i guess that`s one of the reasons jarmo asked if you were serious..... peace
I've "called' mysteron before. Just because we clash ocassionally, doesn't mean I dont think he can offer something to the topic.

I dont think its cool for them to cancel a show either. Alot of people here are going to that show. But if all these people "in the know" are saying a UK tour is happening, then Download has to be cancelled. You cant have it both ways. I know people with their "contacts" like to be able to weasle out of statements they make, but this here is concrete info that cannot be weasled out of. Either they are right, or they are wrong. No middle ground here.

People with "contacts":.......Time to step up to the plate.

Nicknasty: I didnt mean they would have to cancel the entire tour. Maybe thats what Jarmo thought I meant as well. I meant to have a major euro tour you cant leave out the UK. That would be like having a France tour but not playing Paris.

Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2006, 12:38:58 PM »

I would not be a happy bunny if they cancelled Download.

Here today...ready to rock
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2006, 12:41:36 PM »

Perhaps that's why we have not had an official statement on the new shows yet, because they are finalising a UK tour...?

A UK tour will take the show count easily above 20 shows. I'm finding it very hard to believe Axl is gonna be at every last one of them...  nervous

Regardless, if a UK tour happens in July, I would expect a US tour in Nov/Dec and the album released somewhere in between.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2006, 12:45:27 PM »

Nicknasty: I didnt mean they would have to cancel the entire tour. Maybe thats what Jarmo thought I meant as well. I meant to have a major euro tour you cant leave out the UK. That would be like having a France tour but not playing Paris.

okay, i understand the context now---but im not sure the band thinks they couldnt have a 'major' european tour without having multiple UK dates-now, skipping over england entirely would obviously be laughable, but i guess there's a tradeoff the band must consider:

is it better to play one high profile gig vs. playing multiple smaller gigs? Personally, i agrre with you and think playing multiple UK arena gigs would be better for them, and would add more of a feeling of a 'real' euro tour-but that doesnt mean axl, merck, etc. see it that way

---Nick Nasty--

Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2006, 12:55:48 PM »

With Guns N' Roses being Guns N' Roses, it wouldn't surprise me if they did both.

I'm sure that with the right leverage, GNR could have negotiated that point with Download/CC.

Whereas this does reduce the likelihood of a UK tour, I wouldn't discount it alltogether yet.

@#$%Funker

Edit: OK, just read the part in the other thread about exclusive dates for Metalica and GNR. UK tour seems very unlikely.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 12:57:50 PM by Mutherfunker » Logged
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2006, 12:59:23 PM »

okay, i understand the context now---but im not sure the band thinks they couldnt have a 'major' european tour without having multiple UK dates-now, skipping over england entirely would obviously be laughable, but i guess there's a tradeoff the band must consider:

is it better to play one high profile gig vs. playing multiple smaller gigs? Personally, i agrre with you and think playing multiple UK arena gigs would be better for them, and would add more of a feeling of a 'real' euro tour-but that doesnt mean axl, merck, etc. see it that way
Well, they can obviously still do a tour without the UK. I dont think skipping that section would necessarily kill the tour. They could just come back later on and play there.

My point is, we've been led to believe by quite a few people with their "sources" that a UK tour is gonna happen. How is that possible? We now have been informed that Download and a UK tour cannot co-exist. Either the people claiming this are full of shit, or their "sources" are full of shit. Either way: They are not reliable or relevant.

Way too many bullshitters in our GNR online communities, and I think this new info confirms that 99.9% of these people with contacts are only guessing all the time. Everyone is gonna have to stop believing all that crap.

Graciela
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2006, 01:21:40 PM »

Well, Tool are headlining Download on Friday and doing two London dates the next week. I know it's not a "full" UK tour, but still. I'd be happy with two G N'R dates in London!  Grin
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2006, 01:23:30 PM »

Are you serious?

/jarmo
Did you read the whole thing?

Yes, you specifically said Euro tour.? Roll Eyes

Besides, you think they'd cancel that to be able to play the other shows... Makes no sense.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2006, 01:24:54 PM »

Well, Tool are headlining Download on Friday and doing two London dates the next week. I know it's not a "full" UK tour, but still. I'd be happy with two G N'R dates in London!? Grin
there ye go,doesnt this prove the "DO DOWNLOAD,NO UK TOUR" thing

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2006, 01:29:16 PM »

My point is, we've been led to believe by quite a few people with their "sources" that a UK tour is gonna happen. How is that possible? We now have been informed that Download and a UK tour cannot co-exist. Either the people claiming this are full of shit, or their "sources" are full of shit. Either way: They are not reliable or relevant.

i see what youre saying ok

---Nick Nasty--

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2006, 01:46:16 PM »

Well, Tool are headlining Download on Friday and doing two London dates the next week. I know it's not a "full" UK tour, but still. I'd be happy with two G N'R dates in London!? Grin

do you mean "disprove"? possibly...do we have a source for the TooL info?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2006, 01:48:12 PM »

Tool are playing two shows in London after Download.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2006, 01:49:54 PM »

yeah thats what i meant  ok

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2006, 01:52:31 PM »

Well, Tool are headlining Download on Friday and doing two London dates the next week. I know it's not a "full" UK tour, but still. I'd be happy with two G N'R dates in London!  Grin

Tool are playing two shows in London after Download.....

/jarmo

Where did you see those other London tour dates?  They're not listed on http://www.toolband.com/tour/index.html

Ali
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2006, 01:57:03 PM »

Where did you see those other London tour dates?? They're not listed on http://www.toolband.com/tour/index.html

Ali

In the Getlive.co.uk weekly e-mail....

/jarmo

Graciela
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2006, 01:57:11 PM »

I have tickets...

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/artist/720703/?search_redirect=tool&tm_link=tm_header_search

Actually, I just noticed they are playing Glasgow too
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: