Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 02:46:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227995 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  UK Tour in July
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UK Tour in July  (Read 59261 times)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2006, 01:58:29 PM »

I have tickets...

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/artist/720703/?search_redirect=tool&tm_link=tm_header_search

Actually, I just noticed they are playing Glasgow too

I see, thank you.  Maybe they just haven't updated their website yet.

Ali
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2006, 02:23:39 PM »

hmmmm thanks for the tool info guys....maybe because Down is smalltime? I'm confused now

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2006, 02:27:23 PM »

prolly cuz Down plans on playing exclusively in the UK for a month or two? and TooL is just doing a couple shows? Or tool is playing after Download and Down has plans to play before it?

Does TooL have any UK dates before Download?

A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2006, 02:29:02 PM »

Maybe Tool had these shows booked before they were booked for Download?? I don't know just wondering. Incidentally is this no uk tour if you're at download a new thing because I know for a fact VR did a UK tour in 05 and also played at Download but again that was probably booked before download. Can anybody think of any other examples when a band has played UK tour and Download?

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2006, 02:41:27 PM »

Maybe Tool had these shows booked before they were booked for Download?? I don't know just wondering. Incidentally is this no uk tour if you're at download a new thing because I know for a fact VR did a UK tour in 05 and also played at Download but again that was probably booked before download. Can anybody think of any other examples when a band has played UK tour and Download?

well the shows in the UK aren't on TooL official site so that would lead me to believe that they are new dates

and 3 dates is hardly a tour......dunno I'm confused

actually check this out in my orig post about this

Apparently Clear Channel place a "Play Download, cant headline your own UK Tour" policy on ALL bands who play the festival so Down chose to tour instead. Does this mean a FULL UK TOUR. I dont know, I was only concerned with the London date [sorry non-Londoners] and was a lil drunk to push the issue, but I'm guessing they will play a couple of UK dates as turning down Download is a pretty big thing and they couldve still headlined a London show and played Download... so a tour is happening.

So that means that they can play download and a couple shows in London...but not multiple places elsewhere in the UK Huh WTF kinda stipulation is that....regardless i think it still means that GnR can't return to UK this summer to tour after download...thats what i get out of it
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 02:49:36 PM by Neemo » Logged

Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2006, 02:46:02 PM »

yeah it really doesn't add up... I know that here: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=28265.msg527705#msg527705 it was brought forth that Metallica and GNR would be UK exclusive at Download, so maybe it's only a condition placed on some bands.

Or maybe not, looks like it's for ALL acts...  Could the Tool shows be cancelled? They're not on the official website.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 02:49:46 PM by Backslash » Logged

GNRevolution... the missing link.
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2006, 02:57:00 PM »

yeah it really doesn't add up... I know that here: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=28265.msg527705#msg527705 it was brought forth that Metallica and GNR would be UK exclusive at Download, so maybe it's only a condition placed on some bands.

Possibly, knowing that the only appearance of Metallica and GNR this year in the uk will be at download would almost certainly increase sales for download so it's possibly some sort of rule the bigger bands must agree to if they want to play at download.

For what it's worth I hope there is extra dates in added in the UK but I'm not entirely surprised there aren't. Most of the major European countries are only getting 1 or 2 shows by GNR this summer what makes the UK so special to get a full tour?

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2006, 03:52:35 PM »

Confirming Download will be the only U.K. date for Metallica and G'NR this summer:

http://www.sp1at.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=261&Itemid=28
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2006, 04:01:42 PM »

since when has axl listened to contracts anyway.

AXL COME TO THE UK AND DO A COUPLE MORE SHOWS,I COULD SELL ALL YOUR TICKETS FOR YOU. hihi

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #69 on: March 30, 2006, 10:41:54 AM »

Ok, at the moment everything surrounding a possible uk tour is pure speculation from fans. Download being the only uk exclusive date is possible, but why would clear channel restrict the band from playing anywhere else. By going to glasgow, london and manchester, the revenue will rise for the company as its very likely the dates are also gonna sell out and not effect the festival sales.

As for Down being told to do one or the other in terms of shows, it certainly wont have anything to do with the size of the band. Backyard Babies, are smaller, yet they are playing london first, then download, then glasgow all in the space of days.

None of us know,  or if we do, its being kept close to the chest.

July??? Why not!!!!!!

"I didnt come all the way to fucking england............................"
Axl Z
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2006, 06:13:16 AM »

anyone?

2002 - Docklands Arena, London
2006 - Hammersmith Apollo, London
2006 - Wembley Arena, London
2010 - O2 Arena, London
2017 - Olympic Park, London
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2006, 08:16:13 AM »

clear channel isn't all powerfull in the UK like it is in the US, i can't see any reason for GnR not to tour.

it just means that clear channel won't be the promotor for the UK tour.........

seems logical to me anyway.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2006, 09:25:04 AM »

Why is this thread being called new? It is'nt! And I reached record levels of dissaffection reading the first coupla pages!

I would'nt do that if I were you.
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2006, 10:24:16 AM »

along with the U.S. the U.K. is going to be the best country to shoot CD up oir down so axl and the rest of them need to concerntrate on the U.K. too.but i cant see how they can tour without a record to support them, if they do it without a record, tracks will be leaked and delays to the release will be made!!!

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
philspectorshotme
Rocker

i wasn't complaining!

« Reply #74 on: April 23, 2006, 11:26:31 AM »

they obviously have figured that they are making enough money from the download slot that they dont need two or three gigs on the rest of britain.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2006, 12:23:44 PM »

Uk tour? again with the rumours??
Hmm, let me guess... All talk no deeds?
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2006, 12:30:07 PM »

Uk tour? again with the rumours??
Hmm, let me guess... All talk no deeds?

Absolutely!!!  beer ok peace

I would'nt do that if I were you.
Origen
« Reply #77 on: April 28, 2006, 01:39:21 PM »

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=69689

Well Classic Rock have done it again, another GNR newsbite if you will.
Say what you want, but I've always trusted Classic Rock's logic and news in the past. So I will continue to do so, if this doesn't happen, I know there will be a backlash against them, but they're just telling what they hear.

THIS JUST IN
"At the time of going to press it was rumoured that Guns N' Roses will play a UK tour with dates at the following (unconfirmed) venues: Manchester Arena July 18, Sehffield Arena July 19, Glasgow SECC July 21, Newcastle Arena July 22, Birmingham NEC July 24, Nottingham Arena July 25, Cardiff Arena July 27, Bournemouth Arena July 28, Wembley Arena July 30. All dates currently unconfirmed - please check with each venue's box office"

Well there you have it, take it for what you will, but regardless I believe there is some truth to this. They couldn't have just got all that from nowhere.

Here they are as a list:

Manchester Arena July 18
Sheffield Arena July 19
Glasgow SECC July 21
Newcastle Arena July 22
Birmingham NEC July 24
Nottingham Arena July 25
Cardiff Arena July 27
Bournemouth Arena July 28
Wembley Arena July 30

Here's hoping  beer
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 01:44:28 PM by Origen » Logged
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #78 on: April 28, 2006, 01:53:57 PM »

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=69689

Well Classic Rock have done it again, another GNR newsbite if you will.
Say what you want, but I've always trusted Classic Rock's logic and news in the past. So I will continue to do so, if this doesn't happen, I know there will be a backlash against them, but they're just telling what they hear.

THIS JUST IN
"At the time of going to press it was rumoured that Guns N' Roses will play a UK tour with dates at the following (unconfirmed) venues: Manchester Arena July 18, Sehffield Arena July 19, Glasgow SECC July 21, Newcastle Arena July 22, Birmingham NEC July 24, Nottingham Arena July 25, Cardiff Arena July 27, Bournemouth Arena July 28, Wembley Arena July 30. All dates currently unconfirmed - please check with each venue's box office"

Well there you have it, take it for what you will, but regardless I believe there is some truth to this. They couldn't have just got all that from nowhere.

Here they are as a list:

Manchester Arena July 18
Sheffield Arena July 19
Glasgow SECC July 21
Newcastle Arena July 22
Birmingham NEC July 24
Nottingham Arena July 25
Cardiff Arena July 27
Bournemouth Arena July 28
Wembley Arena July 30

Here's hoping? beer

I think I'd pop with joy if it turns out to be true but I'm a bit sceptical tbh. Don't think Download would guarantee GNR would only perform Download this year in the UK if they had no form of contract to support this?? It also doesn't make that much sense to me having just performed what seems a fairly full european tour why then head to pretty much the smallest country on that tour and perform another 9 dates? I'm not trying to be too cynical but do you think GNR could sell 9 dates in the UK well enough to make it viable because personally without an album I don't, I could be wrong though. Like I said I really really hope this happens but I'm not convinced   no

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #79 on: April 28, 2006, 01:56:31 PM »

i think it sounds pretty realistic ok

gnr is rumoured to play bilbao/spain on july 14th or 15th as well......

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: