Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 03:45:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Racial pride and prejudism
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racial pride and prejudism  (Read 28861 times)
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #80 on: May 30, 2006, 02:08:53 PM »

Well ignoring everybody eles's aurguements... heres my thoughts

I believe personal acomplishments and experiences should define a person. Not their race, nationality, family, ect.  I define myself as an individual and I make my choices based off of my own beliefs.

When people view themselfs as "American" or "Black" or "Republican" they do themselfs a disservice and make self actualization near impossible. Also, pride related to groups, familys, orentations, ect. causes large problems and often  sparks racism, sexism, prejudism, ect. towards other groups of people.

For instance, there would have been no slavery if "white" people had never become prideful and arrogant towards the "black" people. If white people had defined themselfs as individuals instead of as "whites," there would have been no racism.

Im not saying people will always like each other, but as long as people are self-respecting individuals they can control their anger and dislike in a respectful manner.

In the end people should be independant because group association blinds people from self-actualization and reason.

Im sure I could have made this a bit more coherant... but for now this is it.

-jack

gnrevolution.com
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #81 on: May 30, 2006, 02:10:15 PM »

I enjoy Irish beers more than American....they've been working on their favorite past-time for centuries now!

Buggin, is it true that the only reason that there are trees along the Seine was so that the Germans could march in the shade?
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr Kevin Federline!!

« Reply #82 on: May 30, 2006, 02:14:10 PM »

FYI.. More foriegners serve in our military then any other countries military!

and that right there is why we have the best military... coz we have the best from all the countrys... and why do the best from all the countrys want to join or move to the US? simple.. coz they are the best and they want to be part of or surrounded by thier peers.. the best....
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #83 on: May 30, 2006, 02:18:12 PM »

I enjoy Irish beers more than American....they've been working on their favorite past-time for centuries now!

Buggin, is it true that the only reason that there are trees along the Seine was so that the Germans could march in the shade?

nah cause it looks cool and that way we can set up these shitty stores so that the fat ass american tourist can buy their 5 dollars postcards while wearing their white sneakers and ugly sweat pants Smiley

ahah kiddin. trees are just pretty.

-Jack- said it clearly.
alright the usa are great. fine.

what i hate is when a LOOSER , a failure, with a shitty job and shitty face and shitty brain , with no culture takes PRIDE from that.

if you're shitty, if you shop at wal mart with your flip flops on, and wear wifebeaters to work, if you never read a book, if you're ugly, if you're fat, then shut the hell up, american power and might is not your issue. you're not in the game.

if you're cool, good looking, with a cool job, read, know about the world, in one word: smart, then ok, you can be proud.

but if that thing here :

is proud to be an american i say fuck that.

so in the end it's all about the person.

if you are a great person by what YOU DO, then fine be proud. of yourself.
if you're ust shitty and ugly, shut the hell up.
when i read an "american" who can't even write in english, i'm like, gimme a break .... [cf. page 2 "ansestors ?"]

Smiley

Jamie
VIP

« Reply #84 on: May 30, 2006, 02:20:46 PM »

Prove me wrong. And you haven't adressed the rest of my post.

I dont need to prove you wrong.. just do a google search and you can prove yourself wrong.. and there wasnt anything else to address in the rest of your post... a bunch of opinion followed by telling me to pull my head out of my ass..

you didnt address anyhting that i said.. why do most coutrys watch american movies, tv, and listen to american bands? surely they have alternatives in thier own countrys dont they? ill tell you why coz they want the best and we deliver...? would you rather listen to a garge band from greenland or listen to Alice Cooper?

I have done a google search and I have come up with at least two space images showing the Great Wall from Space, plus and article stating that the wall was visible from the space shuttle, which you'll find the link to in my post on the previous page. And I am yet to find any images of other man made objects from outer space, if you have any I would love to see them and would immediately admit that I was at fault. And yes it was opinion but it was logical opinion, unlike your every country but America sucks opinions.

And fine I will adress what you said, I will admit that I like a lot of American films and music and a small number of TV programmes, but of my top 10 favourite bands, only 2, including GnR are American, I like more British and Irish Television than American ie Monty Python, Fawlty Towers, the Young Ones, Blackadder, Podge and Rodge etc. and like many Irish films, Intermission, Adam and Paul etc. ?many chinese films, Bruce Lee and Jet Li etc. and French films Taxi 1 and 2. And I'll admit that I'd rather listen to Alice Cooper than some random Greenland band, but I'd rather listen to Thin Lizzy or Black Sabbath than Alice Cooper.

The Gunslinger is correct.. you cannot see the Great wall with the naked eye from space.. that is a satelite image that is zoomed in.. Do i need to post satelite images of my house and say that my house is visible from space!

Kockstar you have every right to be proud of the US.. I Am.. FYI.. More foriegners serve in our military then any other countries military! ?

Please see the article in my second link.

And there is a difference between national pride and bigotry, you have every right to be proud to be American, I'm proud to be Irish, but saying that every other country in the world is inferior to America in absolutely every way is racism not national pride.

yes it is... everywhere in the world is or can be influenced in some why by what we do...

Like what? Give me a decent example, beyond films and music, an example that can change the world in a way that has never been changed before.
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #85 on: May 30, 2006, 02:22:12 PM »

nah cause it looks cool and that way we can set up these shitty stores so that the fat ass american tourist can buy their 5 dollars postcards while wearing their white sneakers and ugly sweat pants Smiley

ahah kiddin. trees are just pretty.

-Jack- said it clearly.
alright the usa are great. fine.

what i hate is when a LOOSER , a failure, with a shitty job and shitty face and shitty brain , with no culture takes PRIDE from that.

if you're shitty, if you shop at wal mart with your flip flops on, and wear wifebeaters to work, if you never read a book, if you're ugly, if you're fat, then shut the hell up, american power and might is not your issue. you're not in the game.

if you're cool, good looking, with a cool job, read, know about the world, in one word: smart, then ok, you can be proud.

but if that thing here :

is proud to be an american i say fuck that.

so in the end it's all about the person.

if you are a great person by what YOU DO, then fine be proud. of yourself.
if you're ust shitty and ugly, shut the hell up.
when i read an "american" who can't even write in english, i'm like, gimme a break .... [cf. page 2 "ansestors ?"]

Smiley

so u just dont like fat americans who shop at walmart and dont read good books? you just like the ones you see on TV or in the Movies.. the cool looking ones...the good looking ones..the rich ones, or the ones with good jobs?

whatever... ?
Brody
« Reply #86 on: May 30, 2006, 02:27:21 PM »

Just Curious WAT Ever bugn shit!!

Since your so worldly what other countries have you visited?

Since im a Fat Dumb American I will list them for ya starting with Japan, Saipan, Hong Kong, Phillipines, Singapore, Aussie, South Korea.. hmm i think thats it.. Canada and mexico really dont count!
Brody
« Reply #87 on: May 30, 2006, 02:29:59 PM »

Jamie you will also find that alot of americans Take alot of pride in being Irish.. I know i do.. ahh what would i do if i was french..  crying
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #88 on: May 30, 2006, 04:56:24 PM »

i was being stupid Smiley

i love you all !!! Wink

i dont give a fuck where you're from  ..... just try to spell ancestors right Grin

SLCPUNK
« Reply #89 on: May 30, 2006, 05:02:11 PM »

It seems that lately there's been an abundance of hatred and ignorance going on though.

You have quite the persecution complex.

Since im a Fat Dumb American I will list them for ya starting with Japan, Saipan, Hong Kong, Phillipines, Singapore, Aussie, South Korea.. hmm i think thats it.. Canada and mexico really dont count!

Yea, but did you learn anything while you were there?

Did you bring something back because of it? (Cold sore from Singapore does not count.)

i dont give a fuck where you're from  ..... just try to spell ancestors right Grin

I almost always spit my freedom fries out when I read a poster tell everybody how awesome the USA is, while misspelling everything at the same time.
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #90 on: May 30, 2006, 05:08:49 PM »

people that are not proud of their nationality because it's "random", must not be proud of their family either (since that is random as well).

which means you're not proud to share the blood of your ancestors and all they achieved in life.

that makes me feel sick to my stomach. i can only imagine how your families must feel.

why? What have i achieved being a member of my family? I'm proud of what my family have done to benefit us but why our nationality? different issue totally.

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #91 on: May 30, 2006, 05:10:31 PM »

people that are not proud of their nationality because it's "random", must not be proud of their family either (since that is random as well).

which means you're not proud to share the blood of your ancestors and all they achieved in life.

that makes me feel sick to my stomach. i can only imagine how your families must feel.

different issue totally.

Yea, quite the stretch.
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #92 on: May 30, 2006, 05:24:41 PM »

It seems that lately there's been an abundance of hatred and ignorance going on though.

Ignorance from America's side you mean, thinking that "they" do not need the rest of the world? Roll Eyes

and Cockstar are you really that naive to think that people in other countries only listen to American music? or watch American movies, or their crappy tv shows? and do you really think that people in America only listen to American music or watch American movies etc...? If that's the case than I feel sorry for you because you're one deluded and narrowminded person? no

kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #93 on: May 30, 2006, 05:31:41 PM »

Ignorance from America's side you mean, thinking that "they" do not need the rest of the world? Roll Eyes

and Cockstar are you really that naive to think that people in other countries only listen to American music? or watch American movies, or their crappy tv shows? and do you really think that people in America only listen to American music or watch American movies etc...? If that's the case than I feel sorry for you because you're one deluded and narrowminded person? no

no i dont think that.. i didnt even say that... reread, or dont reread... matters not.

btw isnt this thread about "Racial Pride"... not national pride?

in that case im sure you all hate me... Im a white american male age 30 so everyone in the world has a reason to hate me..  blacks, hispanics, women, muslims, gays all have thier own cause or crusade and im to blame.....

Thats me.. the 30 year old, White, American Tattooed Male..... everyones enemy....
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 05:36:52 PM by kockstar999 » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #94 on: May 30, 2006, 05:57:45 PM »

Ignorance from America's side you mean, thinking that "they" do not need the rest of the world  Roll Eyes

There is not always an American solution to every world problem........

in that case im sure you all hate me... Im a white american male age 30 so everyone in the world has a reason to hate me..  blacks, hispanics, women, muslims, gays all have thier own cause or crusade and im to blame.....

Thats me.. the 30 year old, White, American Tattooed Male..... everyones enemy....

Don't believe everything you think...........
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #95 on: May 30, 2006, 06:20:24 PM »

Ignorance from America's side you mean, thinking that "they" do not need the rest of the world  Roll Eyes

and Cockstar are you really that naive to think that people in other countries only listen to American music? or watch American movies, or their crappy tv shows? and do you really think that people in America only listen to American music or watch American movies etc...? If that's the case than I feel sorry for you because you're one deluded and narrowminded person  no

no i dont think that.. i didnt even say that... reread, or dont reread... matters not.

i cba to find all the times you say about why does everyone watch american stuff etc etc.
maybe cause its shoved down our throats, maybe because america owns channels like mtv they shove there nation mainly down everyones throats, there many british bands and swedish and finish bands that have got more quality than any american band have right now. Your country is so big and has a large population and made use of wars to get its profit up hence it being a big country...at the moment. Every country falls, it happened to you in the 30s and it will happen again just like it does to every country, so please, stop making yourself look any more foolish than you already are.

html sucks
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #96 on: May 30, 2006, 06:31:11 PM »

in that case im sure you all hate me... Im a white american male age 30 so everyone in the world has a reason to hate me..? blacks, hispanics, women, muslims, gays all have thier own cause or crusade and im to blame.....

i cba to find all the times you say about why does everyone watch american stuff etc etc.
maybe cause its shoved down our throats, maybe because america owns channels like mtv they shove there nation mainly down everyones throats, there many british bands and swedish and finish bands that have got more quality than any american band have right now. Your country is so big and has a large population and made use of wars to get its profit up hence it being a big country...at the moment. Every country falls, it happened to you in the 30s and it will happen again just like it does to every country, so please, stop making yourself look any more foolish than you already are.

yeah we forced you to subscrbe to MTV and watch it... ...We have such a large population compared to say China or India and they have "Bollywood" lol.. another rip off from the americans... ..

if there are soo many british, swedish and finish bands that are sooo much better than american bands why havent i heard of them? Im sure if they were sooo much better they would have gotten an international recording deal trying to make some "american dollars" or toured "the states" ... but you know what? nobody has heard of these bands.. you know why? coz they suck and arent good enought to tour the world or the states or anywere out of Finland, Sweden or Chad or the Dominican Republic... you know why? they arent the best... only the best bands tour worldwide and have world wide success.. and for the most part it is american bands... 

Not every country fails... If we "failed" in the 30's as you say we wouldnt be here today would we? pretty good rebound wouldnt you say from "faliure" to the best in 60 years....  stop making yourself look any more foolish than you already are
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #97 on: May 30, 2006, 06:34:28 PM »

and Cockstar are you really that naive to think that people in other countries only listen to American music? or watch American movies, or their crappy tv shows? and do you really think that people in America only listen to American music or watch American movies etc...? If that's the case than I feel sorry for you because you're one deluded and narrowminded person  no

yeah we forced you to subscrbe to MTV and watch it... ...We have such a large population compared to say China or India and they have "Bollywood" lol.. another rip off from the americans... ..

if there are soo many british, swedish and finish bands that are sooo much better than american bands why havent i heard of them? Im sure if they were sooo much better they would have gotten an international recording deal trying to make some "american dollars" or toured "the states" ... but you know what? nobody has heard of these bands.. you know why? coz they suck and arent good enought to tour the world or the states or anywere out of Finland, Sweden or Chad or the Dominican Republic... you know why? they arent the best... only the best bands tour worldwide and have world wide success.. and for the most part it is american bands... 

Not every country fails... If we "failed" in the 30's as you say we wouldnt be here today would we? pretty good rebound wouldnt you say from "faliure" to the best in 60 years....  stop making yourself look any more foolish than you already are

hehe keep talking asshole because in fact all of those bands have toured the states and toured other countries like japan. Oh yeah and your moon landing, ever heard of area 51?

html sucks
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #98 on: May 30, 2006, 06:40:34 PM »

in that case im sure you all hate me... Im a white american male age 30 so everyone in the world has a reason to hate me..? blacks, hispanics, women, muslims, gays all have thier own cause or crusade and im to blame.....

if there are soo many british, swedish and finish bands that are sooo much better than american bands why havent i heard of them? Im sure if they were sooo much better they would have gotten an international recording deal trying to make some "american dollars" or toured "the states" ... but you know what? nobody has heard of these bands.. you know why? coz they suck and arent good enought to tour the world or the states or anywere out of Finland, Sweden or Chad or the Dominican Republic... you know why? they arent the best... only the best bands tour worldwide and have world wide success.. and for the most part it is american bands...?

Not every country fails... If we "failed" in the 30's as you say we wouldnt be here today would we? pretty good rebound wouldnt you say from "faliure" to the best in 60 years....? stop making yourself look any more foolish than you already are

hehe keep talking asshole because in fact all of those bands have toured the states and toured other countries like japan. Oh yeah and your moon landing, ever heard of area 51?

what bands are they? ?who is "there many british bands and swedish and finish bands that have got more quality than any american band have right now"

This isnt a music thread whos is better... but for debate it proves that nobodys is as influencial or popular as americans are.. ?

Ive never heard of Area 51... please teach me about it and all you know about the moon landing....stop making yourself look any more foolish than you already are
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #99 on: May 30, 2006, 06:58:36 PM »

what bands are they?  who is "there many british bands and swedish and finish bands that have got more quality than any american band have right now"

oh purlease, music is subjective, anyone who tries to reason music is better from one continent that another needs their head examined....the reason so many american bands are well known is the gross marketing that comes hand in hand with their popularity, the reason you dont know many European bands stems from your ignorance and the fact that European bands cant compete money wise with promotion in comparison with the US, plenty of great European bands but then again, its all subjective

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: