Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 10:20:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  WTTJ as opening song how does it make you feel
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WTTJ as opening song how does it make you feel  (Read 14331 times)
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2006, 12:37:39 PM »

WTTJ opening song - gets crowd going (just as it does at sporting events)
PC closing song - one last chance to go nuts

Well said. ok peace

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2006, 02:04:57 PM »

I think Axl likes to open with it because not only is it a great opener, it's also one of the harder songs to sing so getting it out of the way early makes the performance of it better.  Chinese Democracy would be a good song to open with too.  The reason they open with Jungle is because it is a heavy, high energy song that everyone knows and it gets the crowd excited right from the get go
W. Adam S
Rocker

...Gone to the toilet

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2006, 02:11:07 PM »

I always liked nightrain as the opener  Smiley

'For Ricky to be any smarter he would have to die and come back as a turnip' - Trailer park boys.
Annie
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2006, 02:27:44 PM »

Hearing WTTJ always gives me chills! ok
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2006, 02:31:59 PM »

I could care less about the set list in between the begining and end. But Jungle as the opener is explosive. Just as Paradise City is a great way to end the show.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2006, 02:32:13 PM »

i'd love to hear it's so easy as an opener... it's just so much of an asskicking song

ISE is a great opener. That bass line is as signature as the opening licks of Wttj.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2006, 02:34:41 PM »

Question.  If Jungle were removed as the opener, where would you want to place it in the set?  I'd say after November Rain.  We've had Nightrain mentioned as an opener and they used it a lot on the UYI tour, but I prefer Nightrain towards the end.  It's So Easy was a good suggestion.  Chinese Democracy would be a good choice once the album is out, but as of now not enough people know the song.  You Could Be Mine wouldn't be a bad way to start the show either
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2006, 02:55:41 PM »

Things need to be a bit more rotated than they are at the moment, I've nothing against Jungle being the opener but not every show it gets dull, particularly as they don't appear to be going to play anything else new until CD is out. Until there are 13 new songs available to buy from Axl he's going to keep calling on the oldies which is bad enough but to play the oldies in almost the same order gets very stale very fast so until CD is out I'd like to see a very rotated set, maybe open with Better then play Rocket Queen then Yesterdays, in the next show change it again open with Brownstone or Perfect Crime etc. If he's going to play mostly old in thses shows call on UYI material too and mix things up a bit, keeps everything fresher.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
rubinone
Opening Act

Urban Jungle

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2006, 03:19:38 PM »

As long as you rotate stuff and do whatever you have to do to keep it fresh it's all good....

Of course it's cool to open with WTTJ but personally I think they should challenge both the selves and the audience a lot more....
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2006, 03:21:29 PM »

I love wttj. I never heard it live yet so I'm realy looking forward hearing and seeing that song in Nijmegen soon!!  beer

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2006, 03:42:08 PM »

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!!!!

its a perfect way to open the shows

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2006, 04:08:51 PM »

They opened with it the first time I saw them back in like 90 and it was insane......

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2006, 04:36:42 PM »

reply to this thread name, it make Honestly it makes me feels like shit  bunch of guys playing afd that I have 0 desire for..

I wish this band would get it'ds own editnity
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2006, 04:43:31 PM »

Jungle as the opener is as stale as a year old loaf of bread. Using that as the opener just tells you all the songs that are coming up next. These setlists are so predictable everyone knows them by heart.

its stale only to us boring cunts who hang on the internet all day, you ever thought about that!! Huh

it gives me the goosbumps, its killer!!  beer drool
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 04:47:11 PM by ClintroN - Rise Of DemocracY » Logged

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2006, 05:04:03 PM »

Jungle as the opener is as stale as a year old loaf of bread. Using that as the opener just tells you all the songs that are coming up next. These setlists are so predictable everyone knows them by heart.

its stale only to us boring cunts who hang on the internet all day, you ever thought about that!! Huh

it gives me the goosbumps, its killer!!? beer drool
... Nice covers each nice3ZZZZZZZZZZZZZz
how about the fake band bringing it to you, that;'s boring
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2006, 05:23:02 PM »

they're a new band, they should open with a new song. I think personally Chinese Democracy would be a killer opener, the new version's got a killer intro.
but I actually thought it should have been the opener in 2002 too. the way Robin plays the new intro kinda resembles the way he starts with WTTJ, kinda teasing the audience of what to come, and then bust into the song!

I have been saying this for some time as well. I really wish they'd open with Chinese Democracy (especially with the new intro). Hopefully after the album comes out that happens. Jungle really is a good opening number but I hope it changes very soon. It'd be good to see them really switch up the setlists.

The minor changes thus far (Sweet Child way earlier, Live and Let Die later) are cool, but I'd really like to see a big shake up starting with CD as an opener.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2006, 06:21:53 PM »

Whatever.  Just mix it up a bit, oh, and some new material would be nice. Wink  Set setlists suck.
Origen
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2006, 06:26:35 PM »

I still say You Could Be Mine would be interesting to hear as the opener.
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2006, 06:50:35 PM »

Opening with Welcome to the Jungle has become so predictable. Id prefer to see them mix of the setlist and give the fans something new, even if it means the slow is slightly less tight.
pebbles
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2006, 06:58:37 PM »

i love wttj for opening, and pc for closing, it gives me a rush when the lights are down and you hear the beginning of wttj and can see axls image thru the darkness,,,wow what a rush! yes
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: