Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 09:38:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  May 31st, 2006 Budapest, Hungary (including pictures)
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: May 31st, 2006 Budapest, Hungary (including pictures)  (Read 76392 times)
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #400 on: June 01, 2006, 03:09:11 PM »

I'm not saying it's not concerning. I'm saying I wouldn't be too concerned unless it turns out to be a chronic issue over the next week or two.

I'm assuming you're talking about the back spasms hihi with the amount of running he does these backspasms don't surprise me. Hopefully he can work it out. it can be pretty debilitating to athletes when they get them on a regular basis Embarrassed

last thing Axl needs is to cancel or postpone shows nervous

Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #401 on: June 01, 2006, 04:07:39 PM »

Lol, if Axl really rode the nightrain into the show... nothing like a 2 hour coc binge before going on stage..... I kind of think that journalist was full of shit though.
Zsolt
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #402 on: June 01, 2006, 04:46:17 PM »

Looking at the setlist here............why the FUCK do they need to perform 8 FUCKIN' solos............fuckin' ridiculous!!!! rant

in '92 the band didn't perform any solos at the Budapest show, maybe they wanted to conciliate the Hungarian fans...  Grin
but seriously, the main reason for it is likely the condition of Axl (his back, knee, or anything else). he has had to take a rest several times during the show, I think. thanks for it they played less songs like at the gigs before... no I.R.S, no Patience, no Chinese Democracy, no TWAT...  really annoying. Undecided
but what is more annoying is that the guitar solos were really poor, except the performance of Fortus. the solos of Thal and Finck were awful.
peter
Opening Act

Like a lot, love GN'R

« Reply #403 on: June 01, 2006, 04:54:27 PM »

See you fuckers in Milan... GN*R 06

Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #404 on: June 01, 2006, 05:02:19 PM »

Damn these are good pics

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Zsolt
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #405 on: June 01, 2006, 05:06:01 PM »

People from outside of hungary didnt give a fuck about the opening act because they were nobodys for us, and we didnt understand a word of their songs.

this concert was in Budapest, Hungary and of course the majority of the crowd was Hungarian. these Hungarians (including me) naturally welcome foreigners with pleasure, we're happy if we can meet people from other countries, but I don't think the organizers should have chosen the opening band just to please You! I think Sex Action was a good choice considering their music and performance, this band has significant and appreciated musical past in this country. sorry, but I had to protect them. Smiley
 ?
illusionone
VIP

I never wanted you to be so full of anger. . . .

« Reply #406 on: June 01, 2006, 05:31:20 PM »

I personally don't care about the being late thing - it must be understood that if they go on late, regarless of how good the show is, the reviewer's anger from waiting will turn it into a bad experience and they will write a bad review.

I would be really disapointed if Axl was on coke again.  I don't think he is, but I'm not around him and I don't know him.

Wake up. . . .time to die
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr Kevin Federline!!

« Reply #407 on: June 01, 2006, 05:33:36 PM »

I could have sworne that he mentioned that he and Baz were sniffing "Splenda". ?He said that on stage at the Hammerstein I believe. ?I'm not sure which date, but I think it was one of the last 2 nights. ?And my impression was that he was talking about recently, not in years past.

i thought this also....
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #408 on: June 01, 2006, 05:35:50 PM »

I could have sworne that he mentioned that he and Baz were sniffing "Splenda". ?He said that on stage at the Hammerstein I believe. ?I'm not sure which date, but I think it was one of the last 2 nights. ?And my impression was that he was talking about recently, not in years past.

i thought this also....

Axl did say that but he also was talking about a story from the past too so it was a reference from the past.
szmore21
Headliner

« Reply #409 on: June 01, 2006, 05:38:11 PM »

i was there too. here's my review:

So, we get to the Arena at 11:45. Not many people were there, so we could just sit in front of the gate. Just before the let us in a guy with a camera come there. He was form the band. He said he's filming for a dvd. Don't know if he meant  a DVD with CD, or a seperate DVD, but he said that it'll come out towards the end of the summer. He was also filming the show with his camera. They let us in at 18:30, but we have to wait again inside, before we could go in frot of the stage. I was at front row! The opening band supposed to start at 20:00, but they didn't get on stage until 20:45. They played only about 30 mins, so i thought GN'R could start at 22:00, but they didn't, of course Cheesy At 22:00 i could see the setlist on the monitor that showed the lyrics during the show. There was also TWAT, CD, patience on it, that was not played.  The organizer then came on stage, and said that  the band and Axl is waiting to get on stage, but there are some technical problems, so we have to wait 20-25 minutes... Well, it become a little more. One of the photograpers told us that Axl was still in Milano at 22:00, not sure if it's ture or not. The band got on stage at about 23:45. the intro was soo fucking long, my whole body was resonating...Robin did't look happy at the begining, he kicked the mick stands several times, and after WTTJ or ISE, he threw his guitar away. He got normal after that, he also threw some bottles of mineral water to the crowd, and i got one of them Smiley Axl appologised for being late. I enjoyed the show very much, the band sounded good, and Axl's voice was awsome! It really worth that long waiting.
Lot of people didn't wait till the show started, they left earlyer. The press says lot of shit about the show and axl
and to the press: Get in the ring Motherfucker!!!

here's some photos i made:

fishyguy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #410 on: June 01, 2006, 05:46:08 PM »

thanks for the pics and very nice review!
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #411 on: June 01, 2006, 05:48:10 PM »

lol that's one good pic
http://hvg.hu/galleryContent/3bd283ea-41ad-42b5-bc89-ff5a0f17c2e7.aspx

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
ROSE22
« Reply #412 on: June 01, 2006, 06:11:33 PM »

Kinda makes me sad personally, but only because I have had bad experiances with people who do it.

It is his life, he can do what he wants with it Smiley

i'm almost positive he said that at the hammerstein show ( maybe the 14th ? ) he also made a comment about how it's like riding a bike........and this i am sure of. i think it's o.k for him to party cuz i'm sure he dabbles in moderation. he spoke of moderation in the early nineties and how he won't allow any drug to take him over. i'm sure the situation is the same now.
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #413 on: June 01, 2006, 06:14:11 PM »

i had a sittg ticket,right sidefrom the standing are,but i was standingall fuckin show...
For me show was excellent,much better than icould imagine!!!
First i want to say that new guitar players are amazing,and i think that time of slash was definitely gone.
Slash is past!!!
Robin waslittle nervous at the begining,but he is a real leader guitar!!!
Ron is greattalent!!1
richard have many energy and great atitude!!!
The band had alot of energy and great relationship with a crowd.
Arena was packet vwery well,i think there was about 500 sitting tickets were not sold,and standing area was full!!!!
I think there was about 12500 people.
There were lot of people older than 40!!!

I don't know for a crowd on the others show,but in budapest crowd were amazing!!!
During the knockin on heavens door Axl Said "i 'll sang one then you sag one",didhe this doing on other shows!!!
On sweet child,my michelle,november rain and paradise city arena was exploding!!!

Axl,he is his own story.he was great,and he was soo fuckin full of energy!!!

In one word muchmuch better show than (for example) metallica show in belgrade 2005
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #414 on: June 01, 2006, 06:46:46 PM »

It sounded like an interesting show.

Thank you guys for the reviews, great to read that you all had a good time! It seems everyone enjoyed the show very much, that's so cool.
I'm so glad for you guys that the band came to Eastern Europe, they skipped Romania and Bulgaria but I'm sure all you Eastern European fans were psyched by the show.

peace

kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr Kevin Federline!!

« Reply #415 on: June 01, 2006, 07:10:07 PM »

How hard was it for him to get his "Splenda" in a place like Hungary??? I know hes not stupid enough to bring his own drugs overseas....
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #416 on: June 01, 2006, 07:13:45 PM »

you really think he's doing drugs? i always thought he stopped taking hard drugs since the early 90's

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #417 on: June 01, 2006, 07:18:22 PM »

I'm pretty sure he stopped taking drugs a long time ago...

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #418 on: June 01, 2006, 07:26:28 PM »

Drugs?

Oh Noes!!!! Shocked

If he is, he is.  Alot of people do.  He's in a line of work labeled as "Musician".  It's almost a damn requirement to be on something in that line of work. hihi

Nah, the man just needs to fuckin show up on time and give solid performances.  It really doesn't matter what he does recreationally.

gnr1967
Rocker

One person's morality is another person's nonsense

« Reply #419 on: June 02, 2006, 02:34:20 AM »

not many stage interaction, at the end, finck walked by the people in the front row, and his and my friends head kinda collided when fincked walked down.

rofl? This is amusing.

Regarding the show itself, it sounds like the status quo - good show, good sound, a little tardy, but worth the wait!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: