Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 09:55:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Time for A-Rod to say Bye-Bye to NY?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Time for A-Rod to say Bye-Bye to NY?  (Read 36466 times)
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #100 on: July 06, 2006, 08:14:24 AM »

I never said get rid of the guy Grin
Cause you're right, who would you rather have playing 3rd base Lips Sealed
It may not be fair, but because of his contract, he will always be judged differently than anyone else Wink

I actually hope he does put the team on his back, and has a huge playoff series b/c he seems like a decent guy..... just sometimes he says dumb things (ex. ?purported diss of Jeter a few years back) ?Grin

Sometimes A-ROD lets his head get in the way of his ability, maybe he should see a sports shrink, or pop a xanax before games hihi

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #101 on: July 06, 2006, 08:45:02 AM »

Oh, and on the Melky grand slam...

Like I said: The Yanks are at their most productive, offensively, when the bottom of the order is actually productive and "dangerous".? ?Last night was a good example of that.

And I hope Damon's "soreness" isn't too serious.? That's all they need...another OF to go down to injuries.

The best part of these injuries is you get to have the "kiddies" get some valuable experience that may translate into confidence in their ability to play at this level......

Hopefully Damon's injury doesn't keep him out to long, but with the All-Star break coming up, it may be best to start Bubba in CF and let Jonny rest till they come back next week, this way he gets to rest his foot and his oblique muscle

But with Melky's emergence, perhaps they let Sheffield walk after this year, and they'll be able to take another $13mil off the payroll hihi
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #102 on: July 06, 2006, 08:59:08 AM »

bet they'll get soriano again...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #103 on: July 06, 2006, 09:47:24 AM »

The best part of these injuries is you get to have the "kiddies" get some valuable experience that may translate into confidence in their ability to play at this level......

Hopefully Damon's injury doesn't keep him out to long, but with the All-Star break coming up, it may be best to start Bubba in CF and let Jonny rest till they come back next week, this way he gets to rest his foot and his oblique muscle

But with Melky's emergence, perhaps they let Sheffield walk after this year, and they'll be able to take another $13mil off the payroll hihi

The thing is, and you and I both know it,...the "valuable experience" isnt' going to do the Yanks a whole lotta good...other than raising their trade value.

Matsui is not going anywhere.? Sheffield's contract IS up after this season, but....honestly....I don't see him going anywhere else either, if he wants to continue playing.? He's flirted with retirement before, so...I guess that's always possible.

Which means Melky and Bubba are going to be role players, again.? And given how Melky, at least, has performed as a day to day player (solid, with glimpses of spectacular), I don't see him being happy with that role, or the money it pays. Maybe Sheffield leaves/retires, and Melky takes his spot. That's best case, I guess.? But I would almost bet that Melky, and possibly Cairo, are used in the off season to plug up some holes in the rotation and/or bullpen.

As for getting Soriano again...I doubt it.? He's made no bones about the fact he dislikes playing the OF.? And that's the ONLY possible place for him on the Yanks (again, assuming Sheffield leaves/retires).? Their's just no room on the infield which is where he wants to play.? Quite frankly, I think Soriano should shut his mouth and play the OF. His defense has always been substandard...he plays his position with his bat, mostly.? Cano (hell, Cairo too, for that matter) was certainly an upgrade defensively for the Yanks.? ? He's better in the field where he can't hurt his team as much, so he can get up to the plate to help 'em...
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 09:49:01 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #104 on: July 06, 2006, 12:34:48 PM »

I don;t think they'll get Soriano again....he wrote his ticket out of town in the 2003 WS with his disciplined AB's  hihi

They have an option on Shef and I don't think they'll pick it up....I'd like to see what Melky can do.....

Personally, and this will sound like blasphemy, but I'd rather the Yankees miss the playoffs this year, keep their young and coming players in their system....and move forward....

Hell, their gonna draw more this year than last year and they made a playoff series and were out, which if they make the playoffs this year, will probably happen again as they have an aging, inconsistent pitching staff

I just think they have too many holes to fill to be trading their future away for an abrupt playoff run.....
Cause face it, they ain't going to the WS with the team they have and who's available to put them over the top?
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #105 on: July 06, 2006, 04:25:08 PM »

The biggest thing the Yankees need is pitching first and foremost, maybe another outfielder second-- or really any kind of good bat.

The big problem though is that first, there's no good pitching available at a good price.  Teams will have to give up a lot even more a middle-of-the-line pitcher.  There are maybe two teams in baseball with a solid five-man rotation all the way from one to five.  Everyone wants a solid #5 pitcher, but few teams have it or are willing to give up any significant amount of pitching.  Second, where will they get a good outfielder who can step into this star-studded lineup and be productive to the tastes of Yankees fans and be ready and willing to sit once Damon, Sheffield, and Matsui are all back to 100%?  Hint: the player doesn't exist.  Torre keeps talking about wanting to add another bat (Steinbrenner's past reasoning has gotten to Clueless Joe now!), but there's really no place to put it.  First base maybe, if you don't mind benching Phillips, but that's all.  Pitching should be first in their minds, but at this rate, there won't be much available-- the only significant names I can really see possibly being moved right now are Kris Benson, Bruce Chen, Paul Byrd, Scott Elarton, Mark Redman, Ramon Ortiz, Dontrelle Willis (wants to remain an NL pitcher), Brian Moehler, and Oliver Perez.  Note though that I only looked at teams who right now are more then 5 games out of first in their division.  Things can always change, but it's obviout that it's going to be a seller's market this year when it comes to pitching.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 04:26:56 PM by Duffman23235 » Logged

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #106 on: July 06, 2006, 04:30:03 PM »

I heard somewhere Smoltz maight be available but I think i heard it on the YES network so that may be a case of wishful thinking from the YES broadcast team hihi

but of the pitchers you mentioned, "the only significant names I can really see possibly being moved right now are Kris Benson, Bruce Chen, Paul Byrd, Scott Elarton, Mark Redman, Ramon Ortiz, Dontrelle Willis (wants to remain an NL pitcher), Brian Moehler, and Oliver Perez"

who excites you?  Kris Benson's wife is fucking hot but is she gonna dance at yankee games in pinstriped bra and panties Shocked hihi
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #107 on: July 06, 2006, 06:54:09 PM »

Kris Benson/Dontrelle Willis are the only names I like on that list.
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #108 on: July 06, 2006, 07:08:37 PM »

Smoltz will be available, but he is a 10/5 player and said he would ONLY approve a trade to Detroit.

Willis, Benson, and Byrd are really the only names on the list worth a crap and I don't see Willia or Benson going to the Yankees.  Willis wants to remain in the NL and Benson is in the AL East, so I doubt the O's send him to New York.  Chen, Byrd, and Elarton would make good #5 starters for a lot of playoff bound teams though, so don't get too down on them just yet.  I bet the Yanks will try to make a pitch for Byrd later this month.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #109 on: July 07, 2006, 11:53:12 AM »

They need to get somebody, Aaron Small and Shawn Chacon have not been very good #5 starters.

I'm happy with a rotation of Johnson/Mussina/Wang/Wright. But, the #5 starter is defin. a problem.

Also, something to consider, is that Pavano is set to come back at some point this season, but probably later in the season.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #110 on: July 07, 2006, 12:22:37 PM »

They need to get somebody, Aaron Small and Shawn Chacon have not been very good #5 starters.

I'm happy with a rotation of Johnson/Mussina/Wang/Wright. But, the #5 starter is defin. a problem.

Also, something to consider, is that Pavano is set to come back at some point this season, but probably later in the season.

"Also, something to consider, is that Pavano is set to come back at some point this season, but probably later in the season."  rofl rofl rofl

what a bust that guy has been

Small and Chacon have been a bit of a dissappointment, but small never really adjusted to the pen and he still may be a factor....

But I seriously doubt we'll be seeing Pavano anytime till next spring training, we're he'll fall on his ass, pull a muscle, and be on the DL again all year hihi
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #111 on: July 07, 2006, 02:25:31 PM »

Uh actually, that's not true. Unless he gets injured again (LOL) he is set to return from mid to late August. So, that means that he could be back before Matsui comes back. It's something to consider.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #112 on: July 07, 2006, 02:37:43 PM »

I'll believe Pavano's coming back when I see him....

last I heard he hurt himself in a rehab start and needed surgery...

I'm sure his teammates are looking forward to his return hihi
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #113 on: July 07, 2006, 03:36:11 PM »

Mets need fucking pitching too... Damn fucking Lima back up, why not let me pitch tonight...Then tomorrow maine and the rookie prospect plus trachsel has an era of 4.75 then glavine who's getting old perdo on the dl.. They better keep their bats healthy..
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #114 on: July 07, 2006, 04:52:53 PM »

Mets need fucking pitching too... Damn fucking Lima back up, why not let me pitch tonight...Then tomorrow maine and the rookie prospect plus trachsel has an era of 4.75 then glavine who's getting old perdo on the dl.. They better keep their bats healthy..

the mets can loose 6 of 7 and still maintain an 11 game lead Grin
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #115 on: July 07, 2006, 05:54:40 PM »

true vs that crap, they have a 12 1/2 game lead hihi
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #116 on: July 07, 2006, 08:50:33 PM »

But they only play against the NL teams.   Oh wait, they did some interleague play and how did that pan out?

Why don't you just....
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #117 on: July 08, 2006, 05:32:03 AM »

But they only play against the NL teams.? ?Oh wait, they did some interleague play and how did that pan out?

they are 6-8 in itrl play... They played good teams, toronto's hitting, boston was on fire and the yanks
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #118 on: July 08, 2006, 09:26:05 PM »

The last few years as a Yankee fan I've been spoiled and not really cared to much about the regular season cause you knew the Yankees were gonna be there come october; this year, it questionable, but I'd hate for them to trade their future to make a short run

as for the mets, they'll be there but may run into problems with that rotation in the playoffs; unless martinex, Glavine and El Duque can turn back the clocks; out of those three I'd take El Duque over all of them if I was a met fan
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #119 on: July 13, 2006, 11:08:56 AM »

A Rod is a whiny baby. He is a loser. If you don't like the Yankees, let him stay.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: