Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 12:35:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Zakk Wylde
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Zakk Wylde  (Read 3885 times)
chrosken
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: June 16, 2006, 01:43:12 AM »

I have no problem with Ron Thal as the replacement to BH but it would have been nice if BF is still with the band or maybe someone like Zakk replaces him.? Someone already famous or mysterious.? No offense to Ron as he seems to be a great guy and guitar player, but the guy doesn't have any attitude or mystery on the stage.? He seems to be an underdog type of guitar player.? An example would be the festival as it seems GN'R is underdog compare to Metallica because no one in GN'R is a household name exscept Axl.? If you have Bucket, you have a mysterious guy or Zakk a household name.
gnrkid03
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 01:46:04 AM »

I'm quite happy with BF as the replacement.  BF talks to the fans which is something that rarley happens with this band.  Hes all about GNR unlike Buckethead.  He loves the band and wants to stay in for the long year.  I got nothing but respect for that guy.  Zakk Wylde and Axl probably wouldnt last very long. 
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 01:46:32 AM »

Bumblehead is the only guitarist that can boot you in the ass with his guitar. Literally. Wink

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 01:47:52 AM »

I have no problem with Ron Thal as the replacement to BH but it would have been nice if BF is still with the band or maybe someone like Zakk replaces him.  Someone already famous or mysterious.  No offense to Ron as he seems to be a great guy and guitar player, but the guy doesn't have any attitude or mystery on the stage.  He seems to be an underdog type of guitar player.  An example would be the festival as it seems GN'R is underdog compare to Metallica because no one in GN'R is a household name exscept Axl.  If you have Bucket, you have a mysterious guy or Zakk a household name.

Zakk is a rock god...but I don't think he's the best fit for GNR myself...way to heavy...like BLS is cool but its not really GNR style...and all the alterniate picking would be out of place if he covered any of Slash's solos....

I think bumble seems to do the job, although if i could have anyone new (excluding old members) - i would have got Doug Aldrich - cos he can shred like theres no tomorrow but also has that blues rock bendy tone vibrato thing that slash does so well...
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 01:52:33 AM »

get back to me when bucket plays Dont Cry forthe audience!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2006, 01:53:04 AM »

Ron is getting better and better as time goes on, let's be fair he stepped into the band about a week before the first show and has been learning on the job.  He's a great player and is learning the material better, I'm perfectly happy with Ron, he can play every style and well
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2006, 01:55:55 AM »

I have no problem with Ron Thal as the replacement to BH but it would have been nice if BF is still with the band or maybe someone like Zakk replaces him.  Someone already famous or mysterious.  No offense to Ron as he seems to be a great guy and guitar player, but the guy doesn't have any attitude or mystery on the stage.  He seems to be an underdog type of guitar player.  An example would be the festival as it seems GN'R is underdog compare to Metallica because no one in GN'R is a household name exscept Axl.  If you have Bucket, you have a mysterious guy or Zakk a household name.

Actually i'd also like to say that i think Ron has the right amount of respect, like he talks to the fans, the don't cry - the ending to november rain...its like he seems to respect what he is doing which I like...
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2006, 01:59:02 AM »

Get back to me when he can replicate those BH solos. ok

I do give him credit for that Dont Cry solo. I like how the fans sing along to it. Very cool. He also does a killer job on Nightrain and NR.

alexh0618
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2006, 02:51:37 AM »

Zakk Wylde + Axl Rose = ego war

Get back to me when he can replicate those BH solos. ok

You have to remember that he was only in the band a week before Hammerstein.
Dr_Sweden
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2006, 08:39:05 AM »

Ron is the man! buckethead was just a prick
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2006, 09:27:32 AM »

I would have loved to have seen slash with zakk, being they are friends and all, they've played hendrix together.. I remember hearing the rumors back in 95.. I knew gilby was gone and he was a replacement anyways so I wouldn't have minded.. izzy just wants no pressure just show up and play here n there so chances of getting him are scarce.....

With zakk's attitude he never could have stayed in there, he's outspoken and isn't going to fag out and sit around for severla years while axl holds his material
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: