Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 12:54:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The leaks (Why now? Who leaked them? Are they on CD? Comparisons to old demos)
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The leaks (Why now? Who leaked them? Are they on CD? Comparisons to old demos)  (Read 57586 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #320 on: February 26, 2006, 04:50:16 AM »

The Robin solo in Better changes a little and does a duet with Axl singin some "na na na" (or something like that). The solo is still in the center channel. Once Axl starts to sing the lyrics again, the solo suddenly goes to the right channel. The transition is poor and the mix in this part is not so good, because everything sounds like a mess - I mean, it's beautiful, but it's not mixed right.

So, I'm pretty sure it's a demo. All of them, in fact.

jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #321 on: February 26, 2006, 05:22:36 AM »

The Robin solo in Better changes a little and does a duet with Axl singin some "na na na" (or something like that). The solo is still in the center channel. Once Axl starts to sing the lyrics again, the solo suddenly goes to the right channel. The transition is poor and the mix in this part is not so good, because everything sounds like a mess - I mean, it's beautiful, but it's not mixed right.

So, I'm pretty sure it's a demo. All of them, in fact.

You got a great ear my friend! Smiley

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
greekmule
Rocker

she's so beatifully broken...

« Reply #322 on: February 26, 2006, 05:50:40 AM »

i don't know man if twat is a demo i am really scared of what would be in CD.i mean  the demo is so rich it has everything:electric guitars ,acoustic guitars ,electronic bits and pieces ,background vocals ,a little bit of orchestration just about everything-i just think it needs to be properly mixed.

BTW i played it to a friend of mine who doesn't like GnR that much and just when i was ready to hear all the bashing he told me that he thinks twat is a ready song-and he wishes axl would release it as it is and he wouldn't overload the final version beer

homo homini lupus...
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #323 on: February 26, 2006, 07:13:02 AM »

Didn't the people that leaked these songs  say they were demos ??  Merck told some radio stations  that they were demos. I don't think he would lie about this because it would make Axl look like an idiot if the real singles he sends to the stations  end up being exactly the same.  Besides  you can just tell they are demos by listening to them , the mixing
is awful ( especially Better) .    Axl is a perfectionist     the UYI albums were overproduced  and Axl said they rushed it.  If that was rushed  and it sounded the way it did    do you really think 13 yrs  of work  is going to sound this shitty??   Stop speculating  and just wait till this thing comes out if it ever does.   
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #324 on: February 26, 2006, 07:16:32 AM »

seems like everything with axl was rushed.. I had mentioned some of them not being demos because I thought they sounded really high quality plus I never knew what sounds this new gnr was suppose to have with synths or drum machines or anything else.. I guess there are many versions of each floating around, wonder when these were recorded is this the first or 5th versions of better irs or twat.?
Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #325 on: February 26, 2006, 08:24:00 AM »

IRS and TWAT are demos ..no doubt

what about the drums i there? Is that a drummachine the whole time Huh???So where's Brain of Mr. Freese.... or whoever will be on the final product

I think they gave us "unfinished" versions for a reason..........

But BETTER... i don't know.. that one sounds way more complete than the other two do not you thinK

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #326 on: February 26, 2006, 08:37:15 AM »

i think T.W.A.T is the best of the lot so far. the guitaring is great, so trippy.....i love trippy wah solos.

html sucks
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #327 on: February 26, 2006, 09:06:48 AM »

$13 million spent on producing this thing.

These are obviously demos.
illusionone
VIP

I never wanted you to be so full of anger. . . .

« Reply #328 on: February 27, 2006, 08:41:02 PM »

I am listening to Don't Damn Me from the 'Axl's Advanced Copy' Demo disc for the first time.  I started to listen to the old demo's to compare how they sound as demos compared to the finished copy.  That being said - I love don't damn me on the album, but the demo doesn't do it any justice.  If I had heard the Demo version first I would have thought, it wasn't a bad song, but wouldn't love it as much as I do now.

Anyway - I guess my point is. . . . .Keep the faith, in Axls Music creations I trust.

my 2 cents, for what it's worth,

-illusionone

Wake up. . . .time to die
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #329 on: February 27, 2006, 08:53:57 PM »

Good point.  Although I already like the demo's, so I guess they can only get better.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
illusionone
VIP

I never wanted you to be so full of anger. . . .

« Reply #330 on: February 27, 2006, 09:08:25 PM »

Good point.? Although I already like the demo's, so I guess they can only get better.

I actually love the demos myself. 

Better seems to be my favorite - I love how it starts off soft and slams into the song heavy, then goes out soft again.  I also love the short segment of screaming, I bet when they make the transition seamless, the song will fuckin rock.

IRS took me awhile to like, but after listening to it for a bit, I love it

T.W.A.T  - What can I say - he did it again - I love it

Axl has put 3 epic songs (that we know of) on Chinese Democracy, The Blues, Madagascar and T.W.A.T (Assuming these 3 make the record)  and everyone of them is a hit min my book.

-illusionone

Wake up. . . .time to die
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #331 on: February 27, 2006, 09:20:02 PM »

Good point.? Although I already like the demo's, so I guess they can only get better.

I actually love the demos myself.?

Better seems to be my favorite - I love how it starts off soft and slams into the song heavy, then goes out soft again.? I also love the short segment of screaming, I bet when they make the transition seamless, the song will fuckin rock.

IRS took me awhile to like, but after listening to it for a bit, I love it

T.W.A.T? - What can I say - he did it again - I love it

Axl has put 3 epic songs (that we know of) on Chinese Democracy, The Blues, Madagascar and T.W.A.T (Assuming these 3 make the record)? and everyone of them is a hit min my book.

-illusionone

you forgot "this i love"

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
LovedAlien
Opening Act

I'm Scott Weiland!

« Reply #332 on: February 27, 2006, 09:27:56 PM »

oh yeah, and don't forget general and thyme...EPICS  hihi

well if all is said and done
we're not the only ones....
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #333 on: February 27, 2006, 10:21:11 PM »

sometimes when you haven't her new music in 15 years from your favorite band you tend to over-rate what you heard
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 10:26:40 PM by classicgunsfan » Logged
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #334 on: February 27, 2006, 10:27:24 PM »

oh yeah, and don't forget general and thyme...EPICS? hihi
and are you claiming to have heard these?
badapple81
« Reply #335 on: March 01, 2006, 06:42:18 AM »

Does anybody find it odd that Axl's vocals on Better have clearly been worked on and fine tuned whilst on CITR and TWAT they really sound like he just put them down and not much as been done with them? Like Better is pretty much a finished product whilst the others are just demos?

Do you think there have been too many leaks now for this to be intentional?

Perhaps with say CITR it may not be on the first album as someone has said, so the GN'R camp have no problem leaking it to get some feedback on how the fans like the sound and get some feedback on it? Just a thought.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #336 on: March 01, 2006, 06:48:23 AM »

Does anybody find it odd that Axl's vocals on Better have clearly been worked on and fine tuned whilst on CITR and TWAT they really sound like he just put them down and not much as been done with them? Like Better is pretty much a finished product whilst the others are just demos?

Do you think there have been too many leaks now for this to be intentional?

Perhaps with say CITR it may not be on the first album as someone has said, so the GN'R camp have no problem leaking it to get some feedback on how the fans like the sound and get some feedback on it? Just a thought.

Good post. I never thought the leaks were intentional to begin with. You're right, Better is more of a 'finished product' than the others. But CITR seems to be from 1999-2000. Hell, maybe even a little earlier. Question: Could this be Josh Freese on drums?

badapple81
« Reply #337 on: March 01, 2006, 06:51:07 AM »

Could well be. Someone commented it could even be a track that Brian May did with them. It's really impossible with GN'R to tell.. they are going to need full credits detailed for each song in the booklet  hihi
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #338 on: March 01, 2006, 06:55:30 AM »

Could well be. Someone commented it could even be a track that Brian May did with them. It's really impossible with GN'R to tell.. they are going to need full credits detailed for each song in the booklet? hihi
Definitely. The booklet might have to be like a telephone book. When you go to the store to buy CD, there's a clerk standing by the door handing them out. hihi

VRslash
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #339 on: March 01, 2006, 09:18:00 AM »

i was wondering why axl has not seid anything about the leaks. The first IRS leak was only aired once. and shut off. now the demos where played on satilite radio and no one seid anything. these demos leak out all over the internet and no one has done anything. other then say dont host the files bla bla bla. but if i was axl i would have seid something.

Does anyone else think that these demos are intentional.

and if there not intentional it sounds like some guy bootleged IRS by standing out side of a door or window with a mic. if the demos pu on the "trunk cd" where worth listening to by axl youed think with his perfectionist personality he would not want anyone listening to a screatchy version of a song. im just wondering how some one would come across new guns material. 

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: