Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 01:22:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The leaks (Why now? Who leaked them? Are they on CD? Comparisons to old demos)
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The leaks (Why now? Who leaked them? Are they on CD? Comparisons to old demos)  (Read 57029 times)
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #360 on: March 02, 2006, 08:33:33 PM »

I would say Axl's favs and the leaks are unrelated. However, a song he likes would be more often touched-up and edited, probably would have more chances of getting stolen/leaked.

I would bet that Axl likes TWAT most among the songs in our hands right now.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #361 on: March 02, 2006, 08:34:50 PM »

he knew Chuck Norris was gonna leak them so yea ....

Did You Know: The opening scene of "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on a game of dodgeball Chuck Norris played in second grade.

Sorry, I had to say it. I'll get back on topic.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
sl??sh
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #362 on: March 02, 2006, 08:36:43 PM »

shut up it was david hasselhoff ! i've asked k.i.t.t. and pam anderson and they confirmed it... peace
speaking cars and silicon breast wouldnt lie hihi
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 08:39:24 PM by sl??sh » Logged
speed_stone
« Reply #363 on: March 02, 2006, 08:40:01 PM »

shut up it was david hasselhoff ! i've asked k.i.t.t. and pam anderson and they confirmed it... peace

what the fuck does this have to do with anything?
enough with the off-topic bullshit.

CC i think you're right about that but it still strikes me as odd, and bothers me a bit. also that CITR possibly isn't slated for CD, how would that song be that easy accessable?
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #364 on: March 02, 2006, 08:44:22 PM »

axl is a smart guy, he was aware that those songs he played at the nude club might get leaked on the internet, so he just said those were his faves, in order not to give too much information about CD.... that's what i think..

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
sl??sh
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #365 on: March 02, 2006, 08:45:14 PM »

doesn't anyone else find it strange that axl mentioned to rolling stone that some of his favourite songs off CD were "better", "there was a time" and "the blues", right before these songs leaked? and not only that, we have already heard "the blues" in a live version. now, i don't wanna buy into the conspiracy theories about management leaking the songs, but do you think that axl knew the songs were out there so he mentioned the ones he already knew people would hear, or do you think that out of all the songs he has recorded, those three were simply among his favourites? you never know with axl so i would like to hear some opinions.
someone has the whole album and after that korn interview and the strip club cd-play they leaked axl favorites (as an alibi that the cd could be ripped in that club)...thats so clear....what is really weird is the fact that a german girl has leaked citr.....we never heard about a girl with demos in the german community
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 08:49:13 PM by sl??sh » Logged
speed_stone
« Reply #366 on: March 02, 2006, 08:45:52 PM »

axl is a smart guy, he was aware that those songs he played at the nude club might get leaked on the internet, so he just said those were his faves, in order not to give too much information about CD.... that's what i think..

i've been thinking that myself.
wouldn't be impossible at all.
axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #367 on: March 02, 2006, 08:55:37 PM »

I'd have to agree with that.  I had heard from some people that those were Norris' favorite tracks.  We all know that you don't disagree with Walker Texas Ranger.  I'm thinking that Axl mentioned those tracks as to not create tension with Norris and avoid a coma inducing roundhouse kick to his adams apple.  Just my two cents  Cheesy

What Goes around comes around!
speed_stone
« Reply #368 on: March 02, 2006, 09:00:03 PM »

what's with the chuck norris nonsense?
would you like it if i went all macgyver on you in your threads?

the myth of axl rose and chinese democracy is so big that it might just be that he mentioned those songs just because it was those songs he played at the club. very much possible, but of course i could be wrong. if there's one thing being a gnr fan has taught me, it's to never try to predict axl rose.hihi
sl??sh
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #369 on: March 02, 2006, 09:27:38 PM »

what's with the chuck norris nonsense?
would you like it if i went all macgyver on you in your threads?

the myth of axl rose and chinese democracy is so big that it might just be that he mentioned those songs just because it was those songs he played at the club. very much possible, but of course i could be wrong. if there's one thing being a gnr fan has taught me, it's to never try to predict axl rose.hihi
yeah, maybe it was him
but in my opinion it was him
bigcash2002
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #370 on: March 02, 2006, 09:42:11 PM »

Brownstone...explain a bit more for me on this one....why do u think Axl said those were his favorites because he thought they'd leak?  What difference does it make?  Not saying your theory is wrong, just having a hard time understanding any corelation between the two. 
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #371 on: March 02, 2006, 09:44:34 PM »

Alot of work went into Better; I would imagine that it was closer to his heart b/c of the effort put into it. Plus musicians like to play songs where there are wild changes throughout; Better definately falls into that category.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #372 on: March 02, 2006, 09:46:36 PM »

well, he knew there might be a possibillity that those two or three songs might get leaked, so he said that those songs where his favourite in order not to give too many informations about CD. ?maybe his favourite song is a songtitle we never heard about but didnt want to make it public. so he just said "yea better and twat are my faves"... ? know what i mean?

don't know if this is true or makes any sense, but it might...

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #373 on: March 02, 2006, 09:46:49 PM »

wow, great point, thanx for adding some new information to the discussion ok Roll Eyes

Well I really don't see how you can say, "Axl said these were his fav's becasue they were out there and we may hear them, but, I'm not into the conspiracy theories." Undecided

Either Axl was in on it or he wasn't but why name the blues? why not IRS? if he was in on it I mean. He knew IRS was out already, he mustve known, and by the same turn he must've known that a cleaner version would eventually work it's way into public hands.

And by the same token if you are saying he only named tracks that may leak, then aren't you also insinuating that we should expect The Blues to surface? And where does CITR fit in?

In short I don't think that his stement had anything to do with what he felt may or maynot leak. He's been saying There Was a Time was a favorite of his for a while. and Blues has had very positive reviews, so it's clear that that song could be a favorite of his, Better was named for the first time in that interview I believe. Who knows man Huh I'm sure he has a regular rotation of his "Favorites" I'm not a bellevier in the conspiracy theories no

is that a "better" reply? peace
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 09:57:51 PM by Neemo » Logged

estranged.1098
« Reply #374 on: March 02, 2006, 10:04:00 PM »

I think it's possible Axl doesn't even know that 4 songs were leaked.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #375 on: March 02, 2006, 10:04:48 PM »

of course he does. merck knows and i'd guess he informed him about that...

bigcash2002
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #376 on: March 02, 2006, 10:11:32 PM »

thanks for clarifying brownstone...i gotcha
it's possible....certainly all we can ever do is speculate as fellow gunners with limited info
sl??sh
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #377 on: March 02, 2006, 10:24:22 PM »

of course he does. merck knows and i'd guess he informed him about that...
jepp, thats true
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #378 on: March 02, 2006, 11:09:12 PM »

I guess you could say we've heard CD's 'Big Guns' now though, if Axl's 3 fav songs off CD are 3 songs we have heard.

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #379 on: March 03, 2006, 12:03:01 AM »

I guess you could say we've heard CD's 'Big Guns' now though, if Axl's 3 fav songs off CD are 3 songs we have heard.

Dont think so bud. Don't think we've heard shit yet!  ok
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: