Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 08:14:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Supernova, rock star is on now
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Supernova, rock star is on now  (Read 53131 times)
mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #280 on: September 14, 2006, 03:14:07 AM »

dilana sucked balls at songwriting and face it, no female or bald guy was gonna be the lead singer of their band.  dilana wrote really crappy lyrics and her image for the whole show was entirely fake, just check out what she looked like before going on rockstar.  (speakin about that i sure do hope those tattoos she got arent permanent, otherwise bad luck for her haha).  i think Lukas is not emo dresser but more of a hard rock look and better image for the band, i like lukas' hard rock sound but i dont like when he does that 2002 like axl scream where his voice doesnt sound raw at all.  overall im happy with the results as i think lukas will best suit the band, and personally i feel that gilby and the boys (i hate to say supernova cuz they ripped that name straight up and hope they get their asses sued off) just picked the singer they thought would best suit them.  all of the singers were very talented performers and any one of them can lead a band, its just their preference and they picked Lukas.  personally i thought Magni had the strongest voice out of all of them but like i said, hes bald.  tobys song wasnt that bad but damn it got annoying fast. 

ALSO i dont agree with supernova being 80s 90s collection of rock, so far from what ive heard it realy isnt that great and i think this whole thing was just a big sellout to get their names in the paper along with some cash.  Lukas has been in the industry for 15 years yes, but he hasnt been a tool like tommy for nearly as long.  Headspin is a great song, i think lukas is a great performer but i believe ultimatley why he wasnt famous before is because he didnt bow down to the record companies like most famous people do (thats just my feelings anyway)

what if gilby got a call from axl in the middle of the last show while they were picking the frontman?  Gilby would be like "...uh guys i gotta go something important came up,    oh yeah im quitting the band"  lol

as for jason newstead well i guess hes kinda cool for nothing being such a tool like metallica.  i think metallica and guns should tour together to keep a name for themselves, but then again i think metallica is a whole different genre of music.  i think i went over tommy hes just a big sellout and gilby... well how can you hate gilby hes the greatest and hes gonna keep doing his thing + rockstar so i still think hes a really cool dude.

anyways my endless rant is over, ryan and toby got a free car they got nothin to complain about.  and LOTS of media exposure
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #281 on: September 14, 2006, 08:33:38 AM »

yay lukas!! Dilana got a sweet deal too and that pretty much ensures that she'll have a CD.

Patrice and Ryan already got albums coming out

I think it's safe to say Storm, Magni and Toby will each get one too. Great season i loved it beer

Bono
« Reply #282 on: September 14, 2006, 08:35:58 AM »

After all was said and done I think Toby was by far the best. he had the best voice, best original song, most natural performer who seemed to captivate and entertain the crowd the best, and he genuinely seemed like the nicest one of the bunch. Having said all that i think the right guy won. I always thought Lukas would win and I think he was the right choice for this band. Thank god Dilana didn't win. i think she' sucks and she's nothing more than a Melissa Ethridge sound - a - Like in goth clothing. Magni was exactly what Gilby said. great with the band but not a frontman. At least not for Supernova. ?Dilana seems to get the best deal of it all though. She gets to record her own album and tour the world in suport of Supernova. I won't be buying her album though. If Toby puts out an album I might buy that.

All in all this season kicked ass on the INXS season ok
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #283 on: September 14, 2006, 12:28:58 PM »

I expected a "surprise" and thought it might be Magni. I think Dilana killed her chances with her attacks against some others, and then played all sweet and nice. I am NOT excited about Lukas and think he is quite limited vocally. Can you imagine him for 2 hours? My wife, who was walking through the room when they were doing the last song, commented that he has weak voice, and she knows nothing about rock. So, I was going to see them when they come to town in Feb., but now I think I will pass.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #284 on: September 14, 2006, 12:33:29 PM »

PS. If any band had "one album and burn" written on it, this is it.
Besides, Tommy is still touring with the Crue. He can't do both.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #285 on: September 14, 2006, 01:02:23 PM »

PS. If any band had "one album and burn" written on it, this is it.
Besides, Tommy is still touring with the Crue. He can't do both.

crue is only touring for a couple months and they are so far from their writing recording days it's not funny...but yeah tommy's commitment worries me.

i think lukas is a fantastic frontman, you can't help but watch him

axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #286 on: September 14, 2006, 02:39:09 PM »

I am SOOO glad I didn't waste my money on tickets to this tour now....

Axl is God.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #287 on: September 14, 2006, 02:43:07 PM »

crue is only touring for a couple months and they are so far from their writing recording days it's not funny...but yeah tommy's commitment worries me.

No, no, there's talk of writing and recording, just not soon.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #288 on: September 14, 2006, 04:39:27 PM »

Lukas basically committed career suicide.

Supernova sucks, Lukas' original was way better than any of the SN songs.

Why would Dilana want Gilby and Dave on her record?

Did u see the horrible reviews Dave's last CD got? and Who the fuck is Gilby Clarke?

Seriously.....

Next Season I predict.............. VAN HALEN! ok hihi

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #289 on: September 14, 2006, 05:30:21 PM »

That's a pretty good guess actually, althought they are a little old for the shows demo. I was thinking Fuel (after the whole Chris Daughtry/American Idol thing).
Annie
« Reply #290 on: September 14, 2006, 07:51:52 PM »

I like Lukas but I'm still bummed for Dilana. I hope they record Lukas's song HEAdspin on their album. It's much better than Velvet Revolver!
mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #291 on: September 14, 2006, 10:30:52 PM »

I like Lukas but I'm still bummed for Dilana. I hope they record Lukas's song HEAdspin on their album. It's much better than Velvet Revolver!

YOU WILL NEVER SPEAK THAT WAY ON THIS FORUM AGAIN!! LEAVE  rant
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #292 on: September 14, 2006, 10:41:41 PM »

You've gotta be kidding! rofl

While I admit Contraband could've been better, Lukas can't sing to save his life and he's a try hard little poser.

I guess I should thank Supernova for picking a dodgy singer to save me spending my money on them. Because I definitely won't be buying their album or going to see them live with Lukas fronting the band.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #293 on: September 14, 2006, 10:53:37 PM »

I am NOT excited about Lukas and think he is quite limited vocally. Can you imagine him for 2 hours? My wife, who was walking through the room when they were doing the last song, commented that he has weak voice, and she knows nothing about rock. So, I was going to see them when they come to town in Feb., but now I think I will pass.

Couldn't agree with you more, he does not have a strong rock voice at all. Jason Newstead commented about him constricting his voice and I've heard him singing in that style in nearly every performance of his.

Needless to say, if he's fronting the band, I'm not interested in them anymore.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #294 on: September 15, 2006, 03:17:25 AM »

Lukas basically committed career suicide.

Supernova sucks, Lukas' original was way better than any of the SN songs.

Why would Dilana want Gilby and Dave on her record?

Did u see the horrible reviews Dave's last CD got? and Who the fuck is Gilby Clarke?

Seriously.....

At least... um... he HAS a career in music. 

Hm... let's see... Having Gilby Clarke agreeing to actually help produce a record, and Dave Navarro agree to play on it, sounds a lot better than say... um... recording something in your basement, and then posting the lame recording on the internet and pretend to be a rock star for a message board. 

hihi
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #295 on: September 15, 2006, 01:04:14 PM »

Tied Up u dont post on here for a year and then u come and insult me for speakin the truth.

Its like u are obsessed with me so Obviously I am doing something right. U don't post on here for a year and your last two posts are about ME, your Signature is about ME and we use to be friends....

Lukas sucks, My songwriting skills are a hundred times better, he can't write music like I can, he can't write lyrics like I can and he sure as fuck cant play the guitar like I can.

Dave navarro is a washed up has been. his CD got 1 and a half stars on Rolling Stone, sells not even 100,000 copies.

Supernova's songs are lame, Motley Crue are Tommy's priority, Jason Newsted admitted he is only doing the show to promote Voivod and Gilby is well Gilby Clarke.

So I've never claimed to be a "RockStar" I can't help if people like my basement recordings, seeing as I don't even have a basement.

DiLana should seperate herself immediately from the show

Ask Bo Bice what a reality show can do for your career.

Also Tied-Up, I'd rather be an internet musician with people who appreciate my "LAME" music, then have to go on a reality TV show and have any shot of a career ruined.

Reality TV stars except for Kelly Clarkson have no credibility, they do a few episodes on a tv show and then they are tainted.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 01:12:26 PM by D » Logged

RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #296 on: September 15, 2006, 01:05:41 PM »

well, I liked Lukas, but didnt like this 2 Supernova?s songs with him... lets see what?s coming

Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #297 on: September 15, 2006, 04:08:51 PM »

Tied Up u dont post on here for a year and then u come and insult me for speakin the truth.

Its like u are obsessed with me so Obviously I am doing something right. U don't post on here for a year and your last two posts are about ME, your Signature is about ME and we use to be friends....

Lukas sucks, My songwriting skills are a hundred times better, he can't write music like I can, he can't write lyrics like I can and he sure as fuck cant play the guitar like I can.

Dave navarro is a washed up has been. his CD got 1 and a half stars on Rolling Stone, sells not even 100,000 copies.

Supernova's songs are lame, Motley Crue are Tommy's priority, Jason Newsted admitted he is only doing the show to promote Voivod and Gilby is well Gilby Clarke.

So I've never claimed to be a "RockStar" I can't help if people like my basement recordings, seeing as I don't even have a basement.

DiLana should seperate herself immediately from the show

Ask Bo Bice what a reality show can do for your career.

Also Tied-Up, I'd rather be an internet musician with people who appreciate my "LAME" music, then have to go on a reality TV show and have any shot of a career ruined.

Reality TV stars except for Kelly Clarkson have no credibility, they do a few episodes on a tv show and then they are tainted.

Actually, I stopped coming here because I was bored with watching you masterbate all over yourself about bon jovi.? In case you didn't notice, the signature is an insult to bon jovi more than it's a dig on you -- the dig on you is a bonus.

I don't think you're speaking the truth, actually... see, television sells music.? Bo Bice actually has a RECORDING career, which is something he did not have before he appeared on American Idol.? The same is true for many other past American Idol contestants.? Television sells music, more so than any other medium.? It's only career suicide to appear on television via a reality show if you don't have the chops to make it in the first place.

And Lukas... has a career now too... He was working at Hooters before he went on the show, now he will be touring with a band.? Gee... I'm not a musician so I really don't know... but somehow... I think that being able to tour with a band, no matter how much they sucked... would be better than frying chicken wings at Hooters.?

And see, the big difference between Lukas and YOU is that Lukas actually had the GUTS to do something other than post his music on the internet.? It takes a lot of guts to go in front of a television camera and sing before millions like that.? When you've got the guts to actually do more with your music than jack off in your basement (or garage or where ever you do it), then you can diss someone else for having the balls to do something positive for their career.? Making it in the music business is hard, ANYONE who has ever made it can tell you that.? Working it on a reality show may not be the same as being discovered at the Roxy in Hollywood... but at least it's something -- and it offers a built in fanbase.

Where Lukas goes after supernova washes up (and I have no doubt that they will), is up to Lukas, at least now he has his foot in the door.

The same is true for Dilana.? She was given an opportunity to do something with her music.? I mean, being able to record with Gilby Clarke and Dave Navarro may not be the top rung on the ladder, but it's something.? It's a step in the right direction.? It's better than recording at home, by yourself, for yourself.? It's an opportunity to build a career in music, and she has a built in fanbase.  She has been given exposure, people (including myself) who may have never heard of her before, now are fans of her abilities. 

As far as Dave Navarro, he's still considered a guitar great by many people.? Your judging him based on commercial sales, and that's not really a true indicator of an artist's ability.? At least he's not hiding his music and pretending to be something he's not on a message board.

At least going on a reality show gives you the opportunity to expose yourself.? It shows that you actually believe in your music enough to try to make it work, rather than lamenting about it online.
mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #298 on: September 15, 2006, 05:44:00 PM »

id have to agree lukas has a nice hard rock sound but thats only when he constricts his voice, and sometimes he cant do that.  all the supernova songs ive heard suck dong and to D and that other guy tied up.  im pretty sure lukas knew what he was doing w hen he tried out for rockstar supernova.  he would sell his freedom as a musician for fame and fortune.  not a bad trade off if you ask me, im sure those american idol lamers are happy right now.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #299 on: September 15, 2006, 06:14:51 PM »

Its not just music.

Check out the America's Next Top Model Show. Those people arent looked at on the same level as Real Supermodels.

My favorite TV show The Ultimate Fighter...... hard core fans and fighters consider these people B level fighters cause they were on a reality TV show.?

So its just not music, its every where. If u are on reality TV whether it be music,boxing,fighting,modeling etc etc, No one takes these people seriously.

I didn't make the rules, its just the way it is.

Have u ever watched Makin the Band with P Diddy? Does anyone even remotely take those people seriously?

Lukas HAD a career.

Its a reality TV Career and its a built in fanbase but its not a true fanbase, those people are fickle. American Idols get millions and millions of votes but when it comes time to buy the records where are all those fans?

If your point was true, those artists would have 20 year careers and they dont.

Bo Bice didn't have a record deal before Idol but what did American Idol do for his career? He made one record which absolutely flopped and his career is over.

Had he not been on American Idol he could've potentially still got a record deal but it would've been more authentic and he would've gained TRUE Fans, not just reality TV fans who forget about u as soon as the next season starts.

Sure its a gimmicky way to get a record deal but Id rather get one the old fashioned way or not at all.

I don't want a record deal because Reality TV made me some product to sell to people.

Lukas sold out all credibility for 15 minutes of fame.

After years of doing it the right way, he sold out and took the easy way and his career will be finished in less than a year.

I am in no way dissing Lukas.? Its just his original song Head Spin is 100 times better than all Supernova songs combined.

DiLana needs to get away from Gilby Clarke cause Gilby has ZERO credibility in the music industry. Dave had credibility but he lost it somewhere between Christina Aguilera and reality TV shows.

Kelly Clarkson survived cause she got as far away from American Idol as humanly possible.

They had American Idol auditions 10 minutes away but Id never try out.

They are gonna have Rockstar 3 tryouts in Atlanta Im sure, but I'd never try out.

not that I dont think I am good enough its just Id rather be an Indy musician with 20 fans then be on a lame ass reality TV show with a bunch of has beens tryin to make a quick buck.

If u go on reality TV, your career is over.

How many people besides Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood have any kind of career in music? NONE!

How many people from last season's rock star have a career? NONE!

music is about credibility and once u lose it, u are done.

Tommy Lee made a great solo CD last year but guess what? No one cared cause he has no credibility.? thats just the way it is.

The Panic Channel arent burning up the charts either..... why? cause Dave has no credibility left.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 06:22:16 PM by D » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: