Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 03:49:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228005 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Libanon - Israel - Iran - Syria - 3rd world war (no politics, promise!)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Libanon - Israel - Iran - Syria - 3rd world war (no politics, promise!)  (Read 38055 times)
lul
Headliner

« Reply #100 on: July 17, 2006, 06:08:40 PM »

america should nuke that damn islamic places,..

Time is wasted when you are wasted all the time
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #101 on: July 17, 2006, 06:12:06 PM »

All this talk of rights and freedom is off-topic and should end now. ?You're all doing really well to keep your cool, please make sure it stays that way.

WHAT-EVER, comments about 9/11 are also off-topic and just asking for trouble. ?Please be more careful.

Lul...that's just stupid.  *SMITE*
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #102 on: July 17, 2006, 06:14:54 PM »

All this talk of rights and freedom is off-topic and should end now.  You're all doing really well to keep your cool, please make sure it stays that way.

WHAT-EVER, comments about 9/11 are also off-topic and just asking for trouble.  Please be more careful.

Lul...that's just stupid.  *SMITE*

Agreed...we had a good discussion going for about 3-4 pages.  No need to ruin it with finger pointing, cursing and insults (from both sides of the arguement).

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #103 on: July 17, 2006, 06:21:48 PM »

I see this cooling off pretty soon.  Hezbollah is feeling the pressure from the bombing and the world community is starting to get involved.  I have a feeling the soldiers will be returned soon and the attacks will cease (for a while at least).  Iran and Syria can sabre rattle all they want, but they will not directly get involved, the world won't stand for it.

The key will be to see what the world and lebanon does to stop it from happening again.  Will there be a crackdown on Hezbollah from the arab world, or will some kind of peace keeping force be put on Israel/Lebanon border?

I really wonder what would happen if the captured soldiers are killed. 

Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #104 on: July 17, 2006, 06:51:47 PM »

i said some stupid shit cause people were talking out of their ass.
that's all.
so it's ok to mock and talk about "normal casualties" when it's about lebanese but when it's about new yorker. fuck that shit.
some guys are way out of line, just like i did, and the fact that they were shocked prove it all.

i dont know. we don't have our mind made up. we see bad and evil on both sides. while yu guys are just 100% your way. THAT is the problem.

PEACE anyway Wink

Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #105 on: July 17, 2006, 06:52:42 PM »

*Resists the urge to respond to the shots taken regarding my views on freedom to keep this from getting locked.*

I think HannaHat is right on this-- we've seen the brunt of it.  The kidnapped troops will likely be released, however relations between Israel and Lebanon will be very shaky for a while.  Syria and Iran won't do much because anything they try will be dealt back to them in spades.

However, the missile Lebanon launched that sunk the Israeli warship was made in Iran.  So make of that what you will.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #106 on: July 17, 2006, 07:11:41 PM »

Is there any realistic evidence that suggests Israel's soldiers are in fact still alive?

They've kidnapped quite a few so it's hard to keep track sometimes, but if anything, the one's who were kidnapped weeks ago, and kind of triggered this shit are no doubt dead by now, or at the very least in critical condition.. Undecided

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #107 on: July 17, 2006, 07:54:57 PM »

Damn, I just came back to this thread after leaving for a little while, and a couple pages are already in the books!  BTW, I found some statements from "Watever" particularly vile...and it doesn't matter which side you stand on this issue.  The Pentagon is one thing...but a building full of innocents with not one thread of linkage to aggression is appalling and horriffic .  It is the true essence of terrorism.  "Watever," you've made some good points before you got carried away, please think through your words before typing.  Read and re-read the post if you have to.     

I had one simple question about what folks thought was the primary reason Lebanese citizens, police, military, and elected officials let an organization like Hezbollah operate there?  I put forth it may be fear...but perhaps it could be the hatred of their neighbor to the south Israel that keeps them from reporting Hezbollah terrorists in their midsts?? 

I'm not making myself out to be some hero, because I'm not, and if I was in their position, I'd fear for my life and not risk the beheadings of me and my family to try and bring terrorists to judgement.  But...I would seriously get the hell out of there.  Yes, I know, alot of poor civilians don't have the means to leave...but damn. 

Any thoughts on that?

P.S.  Don't worry about Iranian nuclear weaponry...Israel will destroy their capacity to create it 5 years before it's operational.  At least I hope!  The bigger worry is proliferation of nuclear material/weapons out of a rogue state like North Korea.  There are no easy answers.

Axl!  Please release Chinese Democracy so I can forget all this shit and just rock with Watever and HannaHat and AxlsMainman and duffman and all Gunners and forget all this nonsense, and just come together!  Cum-Ba-Fuckin-Yaa!   peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #108 on: July 17, 2006, 10:02:38 PM »

i said some stupid shit cause people were talking out of their ass.
that's all.
so it's ok to mock and talk about "normal casualties" when it's about lebanese but when it's about new yorker. fuck that shit.
some guys are way out of line, just like i did, and the fact that they were shocked prove it all.

Just b/c a few people pushed your buttons doesn't mean you had the right to lash out the way you did and insult the dead that way.  I for one have had a very civil convo with you and your remarks about the people in NYC, my fellow new yorkers, was just retarded.  Is it that easy to get under your skin and make you lose your cool??  By trying to "get back" at others, you insulted those who were hearing you out and were respecting your opinion.  I can't say that I do much anymore though.

Anyways, Axl4Prez, I don't think its so much as out of fear, I think the avg. Lebanese citizen LIKES hezbollah and supports them.  Maybe not after all of this - much of the reports I've been reading have the avg. Lebanese citizen saying stuff like they are mad at Hezbollah and they despise Israel...its just an all around hate-fest.  I don't think the avg. Lebanese person ever got too upset though when Hezbollah rockets killed some Israelis though.

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #109 on: July 17, 2006, 10:13:12 PM »

However, the missile Lebanon launched that sunk the Israeli warship was made in Iran.  So make of that what you will.

Thats nothing new though, Syria has funded/supplyed Hezbollah years and it wouldn't shock me to learn that Iran has funded groups as well.  If anything this will only justify US/Israeli action vs. Iran in the future if they don't back down on their nuke program.

AxlsMainMan - I read a day or two ago that Israeli officials thought their troops were most likely alive and well.

TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #110 on: July 17, 2006, 10:31:07 PM »

I had one simple question about what folks thought was the primary reason Lebanese citizens, police, military, and elected officials let an organization like Hezbollah operate there?  I put forth it may be fear...but perhaps it could be the hatred of their neighbor to the south Israel that keeps them from reporting Hezbollah terrorists in their midsts?? 

Hezbollah isn't a terrorist organization in the same way that Al-Qaeda is (or even the IRA was). They aren't training in remote mountain camps in rough, uninhabited terrain - they're a political and military party/movement which essentially controls southern Lebanon. There's no one even to report them too, they hold more power in that region than the Lebanese government - here 's an introdictory link:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4314423.stm

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #111 on: July 17, 2006, 11:47:32 PM »

america should nuke that damn islamic places,..
I dont think Lebanon should be nuked for what has occured. Although Iran and Syria are getting awfully close for the need of a radiation bath. That situation will just get worse over the next few years. A massive preemptive strike will be needed in the near future, whether the rest of the world approves or not. Its like I said earlier, you cant play games with these people. The only language they speak is violence.

I'm not optimistic about this situation getting under control. We have seen no recent "proof of life" on the Israeli soldiers. Whenever muslims kidnap people they love to show them off. Thats not the case here, so the troops are probably already dead. World War III?? nervous I dont know about that, but both previous world wars started with minor events. Maybe this is that event. Some would say World War III started on 9/11.

Brody
« Reply #112 on: July 18, 2006, 12:52:27 AM »

When will this world move towards resolutions decided through discussions??

Discussions, discussions and more fucking discussions.  As many discussions as it takes......

Dis-FUCKING-cuss!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If it takes 20 to 50 years of talking to come to resolutions then so be it.

Killing, maming, terrorizing solves absolutely nothing.

I have faith and will keep hoping that we can all learn to respect the beliefs and positions of others.

I agree with you totally.. But when do we draw the line.. The israelis are willing to live side by side with the palestinians.. but the small groups that are fed by terrorist states like Iran and Syria don't want to live next to the jews.. idk I guess people tend to forget that the jewish community was nearly wiped off the face of the earth 60 years ago.. so why dont people understand why there so damn vigilant!
Brody
« Reply #113 on: July 18, 2006, 01:43:04 AM »

Personally, If I had my way, Id just have a huge wall seperate us in North America entirely from the Middle East.

ahaha ahhaha ahahah. ahaha. ah .....ah.
i HOPE that was sarcastic, or maybe you missed out some geography lesson dude Smiley

terrorism cannot be killed by bombing places. simple.
terrorism feeds on violence.

simple iteration =
israel bomb his neighbor
the world hates them
the usa help them
the world hates them
new terrorists are raised
and new building are collapsing in NYC.

what's sad about you guys, is that we didnt rejoy in 9/11, we didnt do the " they got the taste of their own medecine" , when we saw the corpses of thousands fatasses in NYC, we thought it was sad.

but hey, that's just the way i was raised. i guess i'll have to give some phone calls to some member's mom here, uh uh jameslofton? Wink

as long as israel won't get that bombs dont kill terrorims, the middle east is screwed, i mean p?rt of it, some countries are smiling right now looking at the oil barrel price

PEACE

Dude!! you are completly clueless arent you? A Terrorist Kid naps a Jewish Soldier.. = Israel does not want to deal with terrorist.. Why Because Legal Govt's do not deal with terrorist.. Think Of it like this.. Say that jewish soldier was to be your kid brother or sister.. Or lets say your mom was at the grocerie store and she happend to get a chunck of shrapnel in the throat.. Isreal does not attack them inless they are attacked! I know it's hard for you to understand that..
Brody
« Reply #114 on: July 18, 2006, 01:47:37 AM »

*Resists the urge to respond to the shots taken regarding my views on freedom to keep this from getting locked.*

They did not Sink an Warship.. They Damaged it..
SLCPUNK
« Reply #115 on: July 18, 2006, 02:24:44 AM »

Is there any realistic evidence that suggests Israel's soldiers are in fact still alive?

According to the Red Cross they are.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #116 on: July 18, 2006, 02:27:12 AM »

And this shit is allowed to go with out any sort of condemnation?  So the vicitims of 9/11 were just a bunch of fatasses.  Fuck you.  If I didn't know that I had more class and have a bigger impact on this world than you will ever have, I might resort to your naieve and obviously uneducated level.  Maybe it's time you lay off the video games and get a clue as to how the real world works.

There you go again...............

Nice post gunslinger

yes ok

If you want to get the thread locked, yes. Intelligent/calm discussion..........no.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #117 on: July 18, 2006, 02:48:35 AM »

P.S.  Don't worry about Iranian nuclear weaponry...Israel will destroy their capacity to create it 5 years before it's operational.  At least I hope!  The bigger worry is proliferation of nuclear material/weapons out of a rogue state like North Korea.  There are no easy answers.

That is what I have always said. Israel has the 4th largest Nuclear program in the world. They have nothing to fear from Iran. They have enough nuke power to blow them off the map in an instant. The leader in Iran was posturing to keep his base, and do some international saber waiving.

I find it very ironic that we invaded a country that was not threatening us, yet while N. Korea fires missiles into the ocean, we now speak of diplomacy and using the UN. Although nothing surprises me at this point.

Personally reading this thread has been rather disappointing. The general thought that everybody in the middle east is a terrorist, that civilians are merely casualties of war, that people in Iran just hate us for our way of life, leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth. Mainly because it shows that nobody has learned a darn thing yet. As the violence escalates in that hellhole, the urge to look inward for answers and being honest about our role in the middle east completely vanishes. With that attitude, expect to see the bloodbath continue for some time. All sides mentioned have acted in such a way that would fall under the definition of terrorist; all of them.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 03:02:39 AM by SLCPUNK » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #118 on: July 18, 2006, 02:58:08 AM »

Dude!! you are completly clueless arent you? A Terrorist Kid naps a Jewish Soldier.. = Israel does not want to deal with terrorist.. Why Because Legal Govt's do not deal with terrorist.. Think Of it like this.. Say that jewish soldier was to be your kid brother or sister.. Or lets say your mom was at the grocerie store and she happend to get a chunck of shrapnel in the throat.. Isreal does not attack them inless they are attacked! I know it's hard for you to understand that..

When Hesbolah kidnapped two IDF soldiers, Israel had every opportunity to react with a measured response. Blowing up the entire infrastructure (and killing civilians including children) of Lebanon lacked that measure.

Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #119 on: July 18, 2006, 03:00:22 AM »

When Hesbolah kidnapped two IDF soldiers, Israel had every opportunity to react with a measured response. Blowing up the entire infrastructure (and killing civilians including children) of Lebanon lacked that measure.

As I said before, Israel are restoring their deterrence capacity.

I'll download it !
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: