Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 04:01:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  American Floyd Landis Wins 2006 Le Tour de France
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: American Floyd Landis Wins 2006 Le Tour de France  (Read 21183 times)
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« on: July 23, 2006, 12:07:24 PM »

Congratulations to Floyd Landis winning the 2006 Le Tour de France

American Landis wins Tour de France

July 23, 2006

PARIS (AP) -- Floyd Landis won the Tour de France on Sunday, keeping cycling's most prestigious title in American hands for the eighth straight year.

The 30-year-old Landis cruised to victory on the Champs-Elysees, a day after regaining the leader's yellow jersey and building an insurmountable lead in the final time trial.

Landis picked up where another American left off last year, when Armstrong completed his seventh and final Tour triumph.

With the victory, Landis becomes the third American -- joining Armstrong and three-time winner Greg LeMond -- to win the Tour.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 12:29:09 PM »

shit I didn't even know it was going on...  Tongue
Brody
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006, 12:42:13 PM »

AMERICA! FUCK YEA!!
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2006, 12:45:37 PM »

Hmm I was hoping for kloden or Menchov to win since I don't like Landis one bit, but hey Congrats Landis? Undecided
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2006, 06:21:30 PM »

Not looking ahead too fast but here's some exciting news. In 2007 the Tour will begin in London. Make your plans now!! yes ok beer

London hoping for Tour de France windfall

Sun Jul 23, 10:59 AM ET

LONDON (AFP) - Organisers believe next year's Tour de France start in London could be worth up to 70 million pounds for the capital.

"London is going to be ready for this because it is the sort of spectacular that will be good for the UK and that we do so well," Peter Hendy, London's Transport Commissioner, said Sunday.

"Considering the amount of money we put in, we are getting a lot back over a short period of time. And what's more you get to be right up close to the top stars - you would never be able to get that close to David Beckham."

Transport for London (TfL) "conservatively" estimates it will get a 70 million pounds return on the 1.5 million pounds it paid organisers Amaury Sport Organisation to host the start.

Another five million pounds has been earmarked to cover running costs although this budget has not been finalised.

The hotel industry is set to benefit directly, with 237,500 people staying overnight including 120,000 who will be paying for commercial accommodation.

Bradley Wiggins, Britain's 2004 Olympic individual pursuit champion, said: "This is just like the Olympics coming to town for the day. It is a one-off and it is going to be enormous. It is really going to build up over the next year."

He aims to be on the 2007 start line, as racers prepare to speed past the London landmarks of Big Ben and Buckingham Palace among others.

The Tour, founded in 1903, attracts 15 million roadside spectators. More than 2,965 hours of coverage is broadcast to 184 countries.

The opening ceremony will be in Trafalgar Square on July 6 with the prologue time trial taking place 24 hours later before a 125 mile (200km) first stage the next day through London and Kent, south-east England.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060723/wl_uk_afp/cyclingfragbrtour_060723145619

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2006, 06:39:03 PM »

2006 Tour de France winner Floyd Landis of the US waves the US flag as he rides up the Champs-Elysees avenue in Paris following the final stage of the 93rd Tour de France cycling race between Antony, south of Paris, and Paris, Sunday, July 23, 2006.
(AP Photo/Peter Dejong)

http://sports.yahoo.com/sc/photo;_ylt=At6XX0bNCg7YtJIr9fbcyKl.grcF?slug=cf33395ad3e64d2baeb5c4622a4ffa33.cycling_tour_de_france_tdf197&prov=ap

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2006, 08:29:02 PM »

Yeah!  Landis!  I watched the stage today, the race on the Champs-Elysses was CRAZY!
Grouse
Legend

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2006, 09:04:05 PM »

Yeah!? Landis!? I watched the stage today, the race on the Champs-Elysses was CRAZY!

Crazy? you must not watch the Tour often 'cause the final stage is always boring as hell, same goes for today.....
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2006, 01:20:03 AM »

What do you mean?  It was an exciting finish!
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2006, 05:44:55 PM »

Stage 18 and 19 were pretty intense cause that's where Landis knew he had to give it everything he had. He completely attacked and demolished the field in the last mountain stage. That was amzing to watch. The final stage is always enjoyable cause it's the ride into Paris. And that's pretty special all in itself. But overall, I enjoy all the stages. It's the only sport/event I look forward to watching every year.

Shoco
VIP

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2006, 06:01:24 PM »

another american winning, that should piss the french off again  Cheesy
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2006, 06:42:55 PM »

Tour oganizer, Jean-Marie Leblanc said some pretty kind words today by saying, "Landis showed us the face of yesterday's Tour de France." .....and, "A human face, with exploits and panache." Smiley

Brody
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2006, 07:38:25 AM »

another american winning, that should piss the french off again  Cheesy

just wait.. there anti american press will eventually roll out there shit..
Grouse
Legend

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2006, 11:48:07 AM »

another american winning, that should piss the french off again? Cheesy

just wait.. there anti american press will eventually roll out there shit..

hehe guess there's no need for that since they just anounced that Landis tested positive for the use of doping. He's been suspended by Phonak until further notice....
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2006, 01:14:04 PM »

How disgusting no  Shame on you Mr. Landis!

Steroids have ruined all sports.
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2006, 01:34:23 PM »

Another druggie bites the dust.

My fellow-citizen Pereiro is the winner! ok

I'll download it !
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2006, 01:46:37 PM »

How disgusting no  Shame on you Mr. Landis!

Steroids have ruined all sports.

how can he show a happy face and all on pictures ...
when he KNOWS we gonna KNOW !

Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2006, 02:31:08 PM »

Apparently there are two samples, both taken at the same time and only one is positive so far.  The second one will be tested this week.  If it's positive, he's out.  If it's clean, he stays due to the possibility of a tainted first sample.

I'm not surprised.  Ullrich and Basso were busted, Armstrong has always had a lot of suspicion on him, and the book "Game of Shadows," while dealing mostly with Bonds, also goes into Olympians who were doping via BALCO.  If Olympic athletes were doing it and passed the world's highest doping standards for 20-some years, it shouldn't be a shock if Landis and Armstrong were doing it too.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2006, 03:00:43 PM »

why do athletes take this shit when they know their gonna be caught...idiots

Brody
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2006, 03:20:31 PM »

Armstrong was not doing it.. being a cancer survivor I really doubt he would put that shit in his body.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: