Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 05:56:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Newcastle July 19th 2006 - Metro Radio Arena All Purpose Thread.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Newcastle July 19th 2006 - Metro Radio Arena All Purpose Thread.  (Read 57449 times)
Olorin
« Reply #380 on: July 20, 2006, 12:27:13 PM »

That is really harsh, hopefully the staff at Glasgow will be less highly strung.

Been at a gigs at the SECC before and to be honest never really noticed security, it was very chilled.

Olorin
« Reply #381 on: July 20, 2006, 12:28:54 PM »

snow white
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #382 on: July 20, 2006, 12:59:13 PM »

The Blues is pitched note perfect to a sea of blank faces, I?m the only person I can hear singing along. world tour?

Same! I was singing my heart out and everyone else just stood there with crossed arms and gave me weird looks. It was a bit upsetting, same thing happened at Roskilde. And I get that they are old fans who probably don't know much about the new band, but shouldn't they like, find out or something? I dunno...it was just weird, for some reason I assumed everyone would know the (old) new songs.
madagas
« Reply #383 on: July 20, 2006, 01:03:35 PM »

That is why you release an album! So people can actually here the songs before the show. rant Only idiots like us want to scrounge around on the internet for shitty bootlegs and leaks of 4 year old demos.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #384 on: July 20, 2006, 01:51:54 PM »

First of all, let me say that I am with all the people who want more new material to be played at all these concerts. As a fan I would feel let down only hearing one new song.

That being said, I think Axl Rose has a plan.... I also think that 75% of the crowd is satisfied with a setlist that contains most of the greatest hits. Axl knows this and I think he also knows that this tour will be the last hurrah for a lot of Gnr songs such as Mr.Brownstone, It's So Easy, My Michelle, Think about you, live and let die, knocking on heavens door, out ta get me, and patience, when it comes to those songs being in the setlist EVERY night... in the future, i am sure those 8 slots will be used to play 6 new songs.... Axl didn't get to go overseas in 2002 and give all those fans one last live performance of the older material, so that has to be what he is doing now. If that's what he wants to do I am happy, we've have around 30 shows this year, leaks of new music, and a lot of band contact with members of this board, the train is definitely rolling again.

I don't see why Axl would choose to do a "greatest hits" heavy setlist in the States, but if he does choose to do that, it will still satisfy at least 50-65% of arena rock audiences, I see him touring with Kid Rock and Bach, those names combined with Guns N Roses will sell out arenas, I don't give a fuck what any of you say. Those arenas would be happy with whatever setlist Axl chooses to play. But, I really do see Chinese Democracy coming out sometime in November and I believe Axl will choose the upcoming American tour to promote the album.

All the shit about Richard and Ron fighting or getting into arguments.... who really gives a fuck. I got into arguments with my best friend all the time when we roomed together in college. Shit happens, Richard+Ron are both nice/stand up guys, IF there is a problem or IF there was an argument, I'm sure it's water under the bridge by now. yes
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 01:54:16 PM by Mr.Intensity » Logged
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #385 on: July 20, 2006, 01:55:17 PM »

at last someone who makes sense  Shocked

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
madagas
« Reply #386 on: July 20, 2006, 01:57:58 PM »

Mr Intensity, or he could be "mired in denial and sooooo afraid." Everybody always speculates to the positive side-that side of me left in 2002. I'll believe there is a plan when one is actually executed-one involving the release of new music. peace
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #387 on: July 20, 2006, 02:03:21 PM »

at last someone who makes sense? Shocked

Amen hihi

people on these boards think that every gnr fan is a member...their not...of about 10 or 12 of my friends that are GnR fans...none of them are forum goers...MrI i would say less than more than 75% are satisfied...the last 2 shows before the UK tour started there was like 2 and 3 board members respectively attending...out of 10-15k fans...that is like .02% of the crowd hihi

how come GnR takes all the flack for not incorporating new songs? lots of older bands tour soley on old material...I saw poison in '02 they played 1 new song in an hour nad a half...and they were ready to come out with a new CD....saw the New Skid Row...like 2/3 of the set were Baz tunes...what GnR is doing right now is not unheard of at all no biggest thing is to build the fanbase back up and generate interest...which they are accopmplishing nicely...especially after the biting incident hihi

BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #388 on: July 20, 2006, 02:09:55 PM »

I think it's funny that the "Not every fan goes on message boards" is always used as a double-standard.  For example:

"Who cares if they don't play new songs - the people at the show probably don't know them anyway, and they love the greatest hits." 

OK, fine.

But then, you can't turn around and say "Oh come on, Axl's 1.5 hours late?  These people should know that!" 

I can't stand the fact that people pick and choose their arguments with such blinders on sometimes. 
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #389 on: July 20, 2006, 02:13:07 PM »

I think it's funny that the "Not every fan goes on message boards" is always used as a double-standard.? For example:

"Who cares if they don't play new songs - the people at the show probably don't know them anyway, and they love the greatest hits."?

OK, fine.

But then, you can't turn around and say "Oh come on, Axl's 1.5 hours late?? These people should know that!"?

I can't stand the fact that people pick and choose their arguments with such blinders on sometimes.?

tell me a show that Axl EVER started on time? If axl is notorious for anything it's arriving late peace

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #390 on: July 20, 2006, 02:17:15 PM »

I think it's funny that the "Not every fan goes on message boards" is always used as a double-standard.? For example:

"Who cares if they don't play new songs - the people at the show probably don't know them anyway, and they love the greatest hits."?

OK, fine.

But then, you can't turn around and say "Oh come on, Axl's 1.5 hours late?? These people should know that!"?

I can't stand the fact that people pick and choose their arguments with such blinders on sometimes.?

tell me a show that Axl EVER started on time? If axl is notorious for anything it's arriving late peace

MSG 2002, but that is it  Tongue

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #391 on: July 20, 2006, 02:18:26 PM »

Dave is right about encores. I think we have become accustom to having them, but they are supposed to occur only after truly exceptional performances.

All the shit about Richard and Ron fighting or getting into arguments.... who really gives a fuck. I got into arguments with my best friend all the time when we roomed together in college. Shit happens, Richard+Ron are both nice/stand up guys, IF there is a problem or IF there was an argument, I'm sure it's water under the bridge by now

Allegedly, disagreements between Robin and Bucket led to Bucket's departure. For the first time now, there is a chance that Ron will not be invited or will not accept an offer of extending his tour of duty in Guns. Will he be there for the US dates? It's an open question right now.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
madagas
« Reply #392 on: July 20, 2006, 02:29:07 PM »

Neemo, comparing anything related to Gnr with Poison or Skid Row is a slap in the face to Gnr. You must have pretty low standards. How about comparing them to Radiohead. Just finished a tour playing 6-7 new songs a night in a setlist of 23-25 songs. Played more than 7 songs some nights-certainly not 1!
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #393 on: July 20, 2006, 02:30:28 PM »

Dave is right about encores. I think we have become accustom to having them, but they are supposed to occur only after truly exceptional performances.

All the shit about Richard and Ron fighting or getting into arguments.... who really gives a fuck. I got into arguments with my best friend all the time when we roomed together in college. Shit happens, Richard+Ron are both nice/stand up guys, IF there is a problem or IF there was an argument, I'm sure it's water under the bridge by now

Allegedly, disagreements between Robin and Bucket led to Bucket's departure. For the first time now, there is a chance that Ron will not be invited or will not accept an offer of extending his tour of duty in Guns. Will he be there for the US dates? It's an open question right now.

Ron was not sure if he was even going to do the US tour before the Euro tour right?

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Origen
« Reply #394 on: July 20, 2006, 02:30:44 PM »

So there is audio from the show, but is there any VIDEO or PHOTOS from the show yet ?
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #395 on: July 20, 2006, 02:33:20 PM »

Neemo, comparing anything related to Gnr with Poison or Skid Row is a slap in the face to Gnr. You must have pretty low standards. How about comparing them to Radiohead. Just finished a tour playing 6-7 new songs a night in a setlist of 23-25 songs. Played more than 7 songs some nights-certainly not 1!

I hate Radiohead hihi IMO they are the ones who shouldn't be compared with GnR...although they do have 3 or 4 guitarists don't they? hihi peace

Radiohead hasn't been out of public eye for as long as those 80's bands, and like it or not, they are from the same genre/timeframe Wink

what about motley cure's new setlists when they went out recently....or aerosmith's sets...

madagas
« Reply #396 on: July 20, 2006, 02:49:00 PM »

more bands that suck.......I do like 70's Aerosmith...a lot. Not a hair metal fan at all! Grin
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #397 on: July 20, 2006, 02:53:34 PM »

Ron was not sure if he was even going to do the US tour before the Euro tour right?

Ron has always been very careful when talking about his future in GnR. I don't remember any comments indicating that he was definately going with the band across the US, but in all honesty, I fully expect that Ron will be there. 

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #398 on: July 20, 2006, 02:56:00 PM »

more bands that suck.......I do like 70's Aerosmith...a lot. Not a hair metal fan at all! Grin

haha rofl

anyway that wasn't the point of the post...I was basically saying that many other bands besides GnR live off their back catalogue.

People go to the shows for nostalgia...they wanna hear the feel-good tunes from their younger days

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #399 on: July 20, 2006, 02:59:19 PM »

Sometimes I wish I could have gotten into Radiohead's music.. hihi

They've been recording new material for the new album going on years now, but even when not in the studio, they can consistently be found on the road showcasing that very material for their fans, without a new album to support it.

I think it's great Axl views the potential of his unheard material in such a high regard, that he's refused to indulge us hardcore fans with anything unheard, but at the same time, of those 32 songs being recorded, you'd think they might have a dud that they could play just to say they played it...one that wont even be an album... peace

Just a thought.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: