Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 04:03:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  JULY 18TH, Sheffield, England, Hallam fm arena!!!! UK tour stop 1!!!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: JULY 18TH, Sheffield, England, Hallam fm arena!!!! UK tour stop 1!!!  (Read 60058 times)
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #420 on: July 19, 2006, 03:41:21 PM »

What happen? should I read 22 pages to get a grip?

surprises/help is on the way

Maybe but if that's the case, what came first,? this or that?

Lotsa tech difficulties and Bumblefoot had a really terrible night and didn't even play on about 1/2 the songs...and rumors are running rampant

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #421 on: July 19, 2006, 03:58:51 PM »

please no one else write anything along the lines of "hypothetically if Ron leaves the band"... I don't want to hear it... its not a possibility and it shows disrespect towards a guy whose in GNR to stay

Huh

Ron himself has said that he doesn't know how long he will be in the group.  He says he's just doing the European tour and after that he's not sure.

That doesn't sound like someone who's "here to stay" now does it?

February
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #422 on: July 19, 2006, 04:12:12 PM »

Bumble join in 2 weeks notice, and tried is them best both as a player and to the fans, the guy has one bad night and he's no good for GNR, are you the same people that bashed Robin every show of the 2002 tour? Because back then a lot of people didn't consider him worthy of GNR and anyone could do what he did.
Bf is porbably still ajusting/integraiting is way of playing with the other guys and with music he had nothing to do with most of it written 15/20 years ago. Even if is only in for the our i prefer a musician that shows efort than a virtuoso that doesen't care, Bucket didn't want to stay in the band and didn't get along with some of the other members.
If they didn't need a 3? guitar cause Fortus n Robin could do it, why on hell would they take one then? They had a vancancy on the tour bus and decided to fill it in with the guy and a foot guitar?
Madagascar88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #423 on: July 19, 2006, 04:17:28 PM »

please no one else write anything along the lines of "hypothetically if Ron leaves the band"... I don't want to hear it... its not a possibility and it shows disrespect towards a guy whose in GNR to stay

Huh

Ron himself has said that he doesn't know how long he will be in the group.? He says he's just doing the European tour and after that he's not sure.

fine. if he said this, I'll concede my point. link though if possible to this... or even a discussion on him saying this?

but fans of the new band shouldn't be hinting at the possibility of Ron leaving simply based on speculative evidence of him not being happy at the show.? I think he's a great addition to the band... especially comparatively to Buckethead for the overall image.

and jameslofton, either get out more or get a life.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 04:21:17 PM by Madagascar88 » Logged
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #424 on: July 19, 2006, 04:26:34 PM »

Huh

Ron himself has said that he doesn't know how long he will be in the group.? He says he's just doing the European tour and after that he's not sure.

fine. if he said this, I'll concede my point. link though if possible to this... or even a discussion on him saying this?

but fans of the new band shouldn't be hinting at the possibility of Ron leaving simply based on speculative evidence of him not being happy at the show.? I think he's a great addition to the band... especially comparatively to Buckethead for the overall image.

and jameslofton, either get out more or get a life.

Read any of Rons e-mail messages that are posted here.

illusionone
VIP

I never wanted you to be so full of anger. . . .

« Reply #425 on: July 19, 2006, 04:28:15 PM »

Not that this conversation even belongs in this thread - i'm going to add my 2 cens.

Buckethead won me over as a musician in Boston of '02. ?That being said, I'm glad he is no longer in this band. ?The bucket, Mask and yellow slicker makes the band look like a circus act and people are going to judge this book by it's cover. ?I was really happy when the band came out on 05/12 and looked like a normal rock group. ?I'm not saying that it's right, but it's the way things are - people are going to look for every reason to hate this band.

So far this band has rocked as is - i say don't tchange a thing.

Wake up. . . .time to die
Shirell
« Reply #426 on: July 19, 2006, 04:36:54 PM »

BH was....no is, weird!  Come on.....the guy plays guitar (extremely well I grant you) with a KFC bucket on his head!!! Now is it just me who finds this totally fucking wacko!!!   BF rocks, RF totally rules he is so amazingly cool.  For my money BH can stay in loonyville.  Just my opinion, for what its worth.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #427 on: July 19, 2006, 04:41:46 PM »

BH was....no is, weird!? Come on.....the guy plays guitar (extremely well I grant you) with a KFC bucket on his head!!! Now is it just me who finds this totally fucking wacko!!!? ?BF rocks, RF totally rules he is so amazingly cool.? For my money BH can stay in loonyville.? Just my opinion, for what its worth.

Yeah cuz a half shaved head and a white elvis jumpsuit is so totally normal Tongue

Madagascar88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #428 on: July 19, 2006, 04:46:24 PM »

BH was....no is, weird!? Come on.....the guy plays guitar (extremely well I grant you) with a KFC bucket on his head!!! Now is it just me who finds this totally fucking wacko!!!? ?BF rocks, RF totally rules he is so amazingly cool.? For my money BH can stay in loonyville.? Just my opinion, for what its worth.

agreed.
Shirell
« Reply #429 on: July 19, 2006, 04:48:33 PM »

Yeah cuz a half shaved head and a white elvis jumpsuit is so totally normal Tongue

Honey, wear whatever you want, we don't care.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #430 on: July 19, 2006, 04:51:54 PM »

If they didn't need a 3? guitar cause Fortus n Robin could do it, why on hell would they take one then? They had a vancancy on the tour bus and decided to fill it in with the guy and a foot guitar?

"they"? I'm sorry, but I still think "they" didn't all want a 3rd guitar player. I think Axl wanted it, but not ALL of them. Didn't Tommy say in 2004 after BH's deparrture the band would work fine with 2 guitar players? Didn't Axl and Tommy have a feud before the Tour because of that? I also think this is a little bit disrespectfull toward Richard, and I can understand if he is pissed off. He is a human, you know, he has an ego. I don't want to speak for himself, but I don't know... fuck, he could play more lead. After the Paris show, I though he was the best but I noticed he was under-exploited concerning the Lead. I prefer 2 guitar players at 100% than 3 guitar players at 65%. ?
My opinion is that a 3rd guitar player just brings egos problems and instability in the band. GNR is not iron Maiden, this band can't work with 3 guitar players simply because it is not needed. Do you really need 3 guitar players and 2 keyboards to play "it's so easy"? Come on, give me a break... VR have just 2 guitar players and they played that song fucking LOUD when I saw them. If Axl wants more guitars, just tell him to turn Rich and Rob amps up! No need this 3 guitar player circus. And the worst part, when Izzy joined the band (wich was great), there were 4 guitars to play "I used to love her". It was a mess. You didn't know who played what. You heard a guitar solo and you had to look at every guitar players fingers to see who was playing the solo. By the time you (finally) found the right guy, the solo was over Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 04:59:27 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #431 on: July 19, 2006, 05:01:19 PM »

"they"? I'm sorry, but I still think "they" didn't all want a 3rd guitar player. I think Axl wanted it, but not ALL of them. Didn't Tommy say in 2004 after BH's deparrture the band would work fine with 2 guitar players? Didn't Axl and Tommy have a feud before the Tour because of that? I also think this is a little bit disrespectfull toward Richard, and I can understand if he is pissed off. He is a human, you know, he has an ego. I don't want to speak for himself, but I don't know... fuck, he could play more lead. After the Paris show, I though he was the best but I noticed he was under-exploited concerning the Lead. I prefer 2 guitar players at 100% than 3 guitar players at 65%.   
My opinion is that a 3rd guitar player just brings egos problems and instability in the band. GNR is not iron Maiden, this band can't work with 3 guitar players simply because it is not needed. Do you really need 3 guitar players and 2 keyboards to play "it's so easy"? Come on, give me a break... VR have just 2 guitar players and they played that song fucking LOUD when I saw them. If Axl wants more guitars, just tell him to turn Rich and Rob amps up! No need this 3 guitar player circus. And the worst part, when Izzy joined the band (wich was great), there were 4 guitars to play "I used to love her". It was a mess. You didn't know who played what. You heard a guitar solo and you had to look at every guitar players fingers to see who was playing the solo. By the time you (finally) found the right guy, the solo was over Roll Eyes

you dont HAVE to look at the guy doing to the solo.

what do you do when ron and robin do the due solo on paradise city? who to watch?
who is to say that the newer GNR track (we havent heard yet) need 3 guitarist? so they add him before they start to play them so he gets warmed up....

just a though

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #432 on: July 19, 2006, 05:29:57 PM »

My opinion is that a 3rd guitar player just brings egos problems and instability in the band.

2 guitarists in a band can have ego problems fine, just the same and that did happen, it seems. Not to robin and richard.

He says he's just doing the European tour and after that he's not sure.

Guess no one inc the captain was sure about that then. Richard said Ron would write songs with them for the albums after CD, didn't he?
If the situation was still the same even now, it'd be only natural that Ron was feeling somewhat ill at ease, I think. Or supposing it had changed in the way yg hinted?

Bumblefoot had a really terrible night and didn't even play on about 1/2 the songs...

That's worrying. Hope he's OK now.
Takemedown
Headliner

Livin' Life Full Throttle

« Reply #433 on: July 19, 2006, 05:45:22 PM »

Man, I sure hope that bumblebee motherfucker does leave the band, with that dumb fucking foot guitar jammed up his ass. He sucks.
Fransman_nl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #434 on: July 19, 2006, 05:46:22 PM »

Man, I sure hope that bumblebee motherfucker does leave the band, with that dumb fucking foot guitar jammed up his ass. He sucks.

I just want to take you down
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #435 on: July 19, 2006, 05:51:07 PM »

Honey, wear whatever you want, we don't care.

I'm confused, so you think it's ok for Robin to wear what he wants but not for BH? tell me where i got lost Undecided

Takemedown
Headliner

« Reply #436 on: July 19, 2006, 05:53:20 PM »

big words from a slouching drooling cybergeek.? Roll Eyes

What? I have to like this cat to be a "real fan?" too bad -? I think he sucks! Who are you, the gestapo? Lighten up jackmouth.
Fransman_nl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #437 on: July 19, 2006, 05:55:07 PM »

What? I have to like this cat to be a "real fan?" too bad -? I think he sucks! Who are you, the gestapo? Lighten up jackmouth.

who are you to call me a cybergeek...... Huh

you don't have to like someone because he's in the band you love, but you can bring up some respect....

you ain't gonna change a bit about the line-up
Takemedown
Headliner

« Reply #438 on: July 19, 2006, 05:59:12 PM »

you don't have to like someone because he's in the band you love, but you can bring up some respect....

Well, who are you to make threats?

And of course I have no impact on if this guys stays or goes. I saw them twice in NY and didn't like his playing one bit, that's why when I saw this rumor I said "I HOPE he does leave..." That dumb-ass foot guitar is almost as comical as bucket's bucket!
Fransman_nl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #439 on: July 19, 2006, 06:00:49 PM »

Well, who are you to make threats?

And of course I have no impact on if this guys stays or goes. I saw them twice in NY and didn't like his playing one bit, that's why when I saw this rumor I said "I HOPE he does leave..." That dumb-ass foot guitar is almost as comical as bucket's bucket!

Sorry for makinga threat on you, I'm just pissed off for everyone bashing on Ron....
I think the guy deserves a change in GN'R....
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: