Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 02:53:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Check out New band Krueger. raw rock n roll to the max!!!!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Check out New band Krueger. raw rock n roll to the max!!!!  (Read 1812 times)
axl_voorhees
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« on: July 28, 2006, 06:49:51 PM »

hey guys check out my band Krueger, we are a mixture of guns,  n zeppelin. If any of you are on Myspace feel free to add us, or just let me kno wat you guys think on here.

http://www.myspace.com/kruegermusic
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 01:07:36 AM »

It sounds nothing like Zeppelin or Guns. It's really bland, actually. And those cliches "take it away" "1 2 3 4" really, really need to go. They sounded lame 20 years ago and they are lame today. For that Zeppelin influence, you need to listen to more esoteric Celtic, Nordic, Vedic, and other folk music, and maybe some electronic music as well. For Guns, you need better bluesy solos and MUCH better vocals, which are GnR's most notable features. It's definitely understandable if your singer can't sing like Axl, but he needs to improve a lot on his technique. And the vocal production on All is Lost SUCKS. Ballads DO NOT NEED IT. A good singer is supposed to carry a ballad, not studio effects! Listen to some live GnR ballads and you'll hear what I mean. Good singing ability is simply required here. Get a new singer if he can't shape up. The guitarwork and bass are ok for most of the songs, and the solos are above average (the last minute of All is Lost is good), but could still use some work.

I don't hear many of your influences in your music. I hear very little similarity to Thin Lizzy (maybe in some moments in the first song's solo, but not much), The Clash, Metallica, etc. These bands might be your favorites, but their musical attributes aren't found in your songs. Simply name-dropping popular bands won't help people associate much with your music. Try and find a more consistent set of bands to mention. It probably wards some people away by mentioning the bands that EVERYONE seems to name-drop.

You guys are still young, so there's still much time to work on technique. Even if you can't PLAY many songs, try to learn to COMPOSE them. Your technique will improve, but your composition will change as you age and take on new perspectives of things. Compose songs when you're still young, even if you aren't proficient enough to play them. You can pick up on them later. Do you really think Axl could write another Welcome To The Jungle? (no)

Finally, consider getting a second guitarist. A single guitar is very limiting. It's damn impossible to play Thin Lizzy style without dual guitars. Maybe your singer could play guitar, and then you can pick up a better singer.  Wink
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 01:27:34 AM »

"I don't hear many of your influences in your music. I hear very little similarity to Thin Lizzy (maybe in some moments in the first song's solo, but not much), The Clash, Metallica, etc. These bands might be your favorites, but their musical attributes aren't found in your songs. Simply name-dropping popular bands won't help people associate much with your music. Try and find a more consistent set of bands to mention. It probably wards some people away by mentioning the bands that EVERYONE seems to name-drop."

Just because a band is influenced by another band doesn't mean it has to have elements of songs in them.  For example, someone might be inspired by, say, Bob Dylan to make music but it sounds like death metal or something.
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2006, 02:29:05 AM »

It's true that some bands with dissimilar sounds can be part of the same genre; both Venom and Bathory are black metal, and both Stravinsky and Vivaldi are classical (albeit from different eras). However, I hear neither sounds nor similar ideals to the bands he mentioned.

Quorthon, the man behind Bathory, even admitted by being inspired by the Beatles. Musically, there is no similarity, but he evokes the same emotional response in many of his more epic songs. When someone says they are "inspired" by a predecessor, they should have either/both musical or ideological similarities. Otherwise, it's just name dropping.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: