Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 06:53:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Song Feedback (anyone willing?)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Song Feedback (anyone willing?)  (Read 1744 times)
bazgnr
Legend

« on: July 30, 2006, 08:40:03 PM »

In all honesty, I'm not that good at the whole "hey, check out my songs" thing, but I would sincerely appreciate anyone willing to give some feedback to the songs found at http://www.myspace.com/thirtytwolate, especially the track "Waiting in Line." 

I'm trying to compile a full CD of songs, both new songs and ones that would be re-recorded from previous efforts (like the ones found at the page).  It would be really helpful to know if any one of them strikes a chord more than others.

And I don't claim for a second that any of it sounds like GnR...it doesn't.  Not even close, in fact, and I'm well aware.  This is the only music board I particpate in, though, and that's which is why I'm posting here.  Again, thanks in advance to anyone willing to give it a listen...your time is greatly appreciated.
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 10:51:18 AM »

Pretty cool.

I like "Waiting In Line" and "Above Me Below Me" the best.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 09:14:48 PM »

Pretty cool.

I like "Waiting In Line" and "Above Me Below Me" the best.

Thanks for the comment, and taking the time to listen.  Greatly appreciated...
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 12:17:14 AM »

Your singer is good, but I think he holds back to sound more "alternative" or "edgier", whatever that means. He has a weird accent, too. I know being unique is important, and great singers all tend to sound the same, but the point is they sound GOOD. He sounds generic in a bad way.

You're right; it's definitely not in the vein of GnR. It lacks the attitude of both rock and metal; it leans towards pop more than anything else. It's really more of an adult contemporary sound that most find acceptable, but I find bland. You'll do well with the sound, since it's rather popular, but I doubt you'll excel or go down in history.

Listen to more Queen. They made a lot of great ballads and pop-rock anthems. Their characteristic energy and sound would serve your taste and style in music much. As it is now, your sound is very lethargic.
Shirell
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2006, 02:59:53 AM »

Yeah, I like the songs but I agree with Walk, the singer sounds a bit weird (too weird if you know what I mean) and the sound is lethargic.  I'd get another singer for a start and stick a rocket up the ass of the rhthym section!  Seriously though, good songs needing a rethink thats all.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: