Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 04:22:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228069 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Pearl Jam
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pearl Jam  (Read 257361 times)
sandman
Legend

« Reply #900 on: November 07, 2009, 09:52:20 PM »

yeah, thanks everyone!  ok i really appreciate it.

i am totally lucky. i've been thinking about it every day - if i was standing at a different angle, he could have cracked my spine. or if he was a few inches back he would have landed right on me and crushed me - at a minimum i'd have several cracked bones. i'm very thankful and lucky all i had was a concussion.

yeah, they filed a police report and i submitted a criminal intent report. the cops mentioned that in a big city like philly, the detectives are always downgrading as much as possible because there are so many crimes in the system to begin with. to upgrade it to "assault" from "simple assault" (which is what they got him on), either there would have to be a serious injury or there would have to be intent. the d-bag was beyond careless, but he was not intending to hurt me (or anyone else). the only way they can actually arrest him when it is only "simple assault" is if a police officer actually witnesses it.

i'm thinking about suing the guy, but no big time lawyers are interested in small cases like this. and the small-time lawyers require expenses to be paid by me. which means if i didn't win the case, i would actually lose money (i've heard some lawyers nickle and dime you for every phone call, fax, mailing, report, etc.). and right now, my only true financial loss is about $200-$250 (ticket, parking, phillies jersey that had to be cut off). and i would add my cousin's ticket to that loss - he road in the ambulance with me, sat in the ER for 10 hours, and did a great job of calming my wife down on the phone.  ok   

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #901 on: November 07, 2009, 10:17:15 PM »

Well, at least you're alive and well.  Hopefully you can go to a GN'R show when the time comes.

And I don't mean to ostracize you or your fellow citizens, but why do Filthadelphians like to jump from upper decks onto unassuming people??  When I went to Game 3 of the NLCS last year, some Philly fan jumped and landed on some guy on the field level at Dodger Stadium.  Cracked his head open (the Philly fan did).

Hope you get well soon and maybe take this guy to the cleaners.  Ever thought of the People's Court?

sandman
Legend

« Reply #902 on: November 07, 2009, 11:23:40 PM »

Well, at least you're alive and well.  Hopefully you can go to a GN'R show when the time comes.

And I don't mean to ostracize you or your fellow citizens, but why do Filthadelphians like to jump from upper decks onto unassuming people??  When I went to Game 3 of the NLCS last year, some Philly fan jumped and landed on some guy on the field level at Dodger Stadium.  Cracked his head open (the Philly fan did).

Hope you get well soon and maybe take this guy to the cleaners.  Ever thought of the People's Court?

thanks dude!  ok

my wife is paranoid about me going to concerts all the time. she worries about something stupid like that happening. so the other day she says, "i know you'll be at every possible GnR show you can make, but can you cut back on some of the others?"

but yeah man, i'll def be at GnR.  beer i'm really tempted to make the drive to montreal - 7 hours from philly.

damn, that's messed up (the NLCS moron). philly has it's problems, but i had never heard of this before. the dude that jumped on me is actually from Scranton, PA and is a Yankees fan.

funny story is that one of my nurses was a guy originally from NY, also a yankees fan (his name is reggie). he was joking with me as soon as i arrived in the ER cause he saw my utley jersey. a couple minutes later the doctor told him to cut it off. the nurse jokingly said, "yeah, i'll gladly cut that off." the other nurses were saying "no, don't let HIM cut it and give him the satisfaction!" it was pretty funny. i got to know the nurse real well and he sent me a phillies shirt the other day. cool mofo.

here's the set list from the show i almost saw...

Gonna See My Friend
The Fixer
In My Tree 
Given To Fly 
Tremor Christ 
Untitled 
MFC 
Hold Onpremiere: first time ever 
Unthought Known
In Hiding 
Deep 
Habit 
Cropduster 
Off He Goes
Force of Nature 
Present Tense 
Got Some 
Do The Evolution

Encore:
Just Breathe 
Parting Ways
Jeremy 
Breath 
Light Years
Rearviewmirror 

Encore 2:
Whipping 
Crazy Mary (Victoria Williams cover) 
Footsteps 
Once 
Alive 
Sonic Reducer (Dead Boys cover) 
Baba O'Riley (The Who cover)

sandman
Legend

« Reply #903 on: November 08, 2009, 08:36:09 AM »

i'm not sure if there are certain songs that they always play. but last week they played the final 4 shows ever at the Spectrum. they had said they were gonna really mix it each night and dig deep into their collection of songs. so that MAY be why there is no evenflow.

all 4 shows were over 3 hours long. i believe the last one was closer to 4. i heard from several different people that each show was incredible.

i'm not the biggest PJ fan in the world. i like all their popular songs. but i actually went to a crappy show back in the late 90's - vedder had no emotion or energy. he was probably hurting from the night before. it drives my friends crazy that i always tell them PJ doesn't compare to gnr's live shows. this show probably would have helped erase those bad memories. oh well.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #904 on: November 08, 2009, 03:33:15 PM »

Wow incredible setlist. Tremor Christ. They rarely play that one.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #905 on: November 08, 2009, 09:23:58 PM »

I've only seen Pearl Jam once but from glancing at setlists from their shows, they do mix it up quite a bit. 

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #906 on: November 08, 2009, 10:16:00 PM »

Yeah they've always done that. To my knowledge they've never played the exact same setlist twice, even when they had few songs they'd at least change the order or add cover songs.
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #907 on: November 09, 2009, 04:21:03 AM »

Jeez Sandman, thats a very lucky escape you had.  Glad to hear you're ok - what a complete dickhead to have jumped on purpose from that height - if only he'd only hurt himself..and not ruined you and your cousin's evening and gig.
Hope you get a chance to see PJ again, and I hope that asshole doesnt.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #908 on: November 09, 2009, 12:07:13 PM »

Haha the Philly police are vicious......when I got my brand new bike stolen as a kid living there........the cop came to the house and was like, buy a new bike...it's gone.

That sucks you missed the show, but at least you weren't seriously hurt!  I'm no stranger to losing money for concert events in Philly (9-6-2), but at least you came out unharmed.  The people of Philly are on a whole different level of being bad human beings, I'm glad I don't live there anymore. 
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 12:12:03 PM by Bill 213 » Logged

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #909 on: November 13, 2009, 05:14:36 PM »

i am totally lucky. i've been thinking about it every day - if i was standing at a different angle, he could have cracked my spine. or if he was a few inches back he would have landed right on me and crushed me - at a minimum i'd have several cracked bones. i'm very thankful and lucky all i had was a concussion.

yeah, they filed a police report and i submitted a criminal intent report. the cops mentioned that in a big city like philly, the detectives are always downgrading as much as possible because there are so many crimes in the system to begin with. to upgrade it to "assault" from "simple assault" (which is what they got him on), either there would have to be a serious injury or there would have to be intent. the d-bag was beyond careless, but he was not intending to hurt me (or anyone else). the only way they can actually arrest him when it is only "simple assault" is if a police officer actually witnesses it.

i'm thinking about suing the guy, but no big time lawyers are interested in small cases like this. and the small-time lawyers require expenses to be paid by me. which means if i didn't win the case, i would actually lose money (i've heard some lawyers nickle and dime you for every phone call, fax, mailing, report, etc.). and right now, my only true financial loss is about $200-$250 (ticket, parking, phillies jersey that had to be cut off). and i would add my cousin's ticket to that loss - he road in the ambulance with me, sat in the ER for 10 hours, and did a great job of calming my wife down on the phone.  ok   

i'm not a lawyer.. but i think you would have a pretty strong case against the spectrum.. i wouldn't bother trying to sue the guy.. go after either pearl jam or the venue.. i think most lawyers would take the case.. and both would prob settle out of court... medical bill, lost wages, ticket cost, pain and suffering and punitive damages all add up.  sue for 5MM and settle for 100k.  i would think it would be pretty a pretty easy case for you actually. 
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #910 on: November 13, 2009, 06:41:47 PM »

Sue a venue that has a date with the wrecking ball...yeah.
Derby Greg
Derby Tourism Ambassador
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #911 on: November 13, 2009, 07:57:20 PM »

crazy story....i went to the Pearl Jam show last friday night in philly. sitting in section 217, row 17, and someone came crashing down on my head. they JUMPED from section 317 in the upper deck. slammed into my head and landed in the row in front of me. not sure of the exact height, but i'm guessing about a 20 foot drop.

i was carried out on a stretcher (last time ever leaving the philadelphia spectrum which is being knocked down soon), rushed to the hospital in an ambulance, and was given 4 CT scans/x-rays: head, neck/spine, chest, and abdomin. all were negative. i walked away with just a mild concussion.

i end up right next to the dude that jumped in the ER. he's bragging to his friends about what he did and how they have to "get their story straight and say he fell." he's drunk as hell and who knows what else he is on. i had the nurses call the police. i told them the story, they talked to him and got him to admit that he jumped. they said all they could get him with was simple assault and can't arrest him. but at least some police report was filed.

this happened during the first song of the show. it was a new song i didn't recognize, but they sounded incredible. pearl jam played the last 4 nights ever at the spectrum, and supposedly every show was great.   

Holy shit!

Glad you're ok.

That could've ended very badly.

So the guy gets away with it just because you didn't get more seriously hurt?

/jarmo

That is absolutely mental - even if your drunk, why would you do that? You have to be an utter moron to start with, I guess that is the answer.

I caught the 02 show in London. A dream of mine for the last 10 years to see the band live - glad I did, an awesome show from one of the very best bands of the last 30 years.

GREG

2002 Leeds, London
2006 London Ham, Download, London W'ley
2010 Montreal, Toronto, Reading, Dublin
2011 Rio, Arg
2012 Bham,London x2,Rotterdam, Paris,Vegasx3
2013 NYCx2
2016 Vegasx2, NYCx2, CR
Derby Greg
Derby Tourism Ambassador
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #912 on: November 13, 2009, 08:00:18 PM »

Shame - the guy deserves to pay for his idiocy.

Saying that, there is no need to be so harsh on poor old lawyers. The law is the most honest and noble of all the professions, I am sure we can all agree on that.

GREG

2002 Leeds, London
2006 London Ham, Download, London W'ley
2010 Montreal, Toronto, Reading, Dublin
2011 Rio, Arg
2012 Bham,London x2,Rotterdam, Paris,Vegasx3
2013 NYCx2
2016 Vegasx2, NYCx2, CR
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #913 on: November 14, 2009, 12:19:36 AM »

Haha the Philly police are vicious......when I got my brand new bike stolen as a kid living there........the cop came to the house and was like, buy a new bike...it's gone.

That sucks you missed the show, but at least you weren't seriously hurt!  I'm no stranger to losing money for concert events in Philly (9-6-2), but at least you came out unharmed.  The people of Philly are on a whole different level of being bad human beings, I'm glad I don't live there anymore. 
I went to Philly this summer to see the Red Sox play the Phillies.  We went with a group of Sox fans and after hearing all the horror stories about Philly fans I was prepared for the worst.  But, the people couldn't have been nicer.  Not a disparaging word was directed our way, aside from the playful jab here and there.  Much nicer than I've experienced in Chicago (White Sox) or Baltimore, or even Miami (Dolphins vs. Patriots).  Although it probably just depends on who you happen to cross paths with.  And I must admit, we were ASKING for it in Miami.  It was the season after the Pats won their first Super Bowl and we weren't letting anyone forget it.  Then the Pats went on and stunk up the joint and we had to suffer the consequences in the stands.

Anyhow, I really am digging Backspacer.  I think it's their best effort since No Code, though I didn't buy/listen to their last couple albums so I can't really comment on those.  I gave up after Yield and Binaural didn't quite do it for me.  This album though is at least as good as No Code to me, if not better.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 12:22:25 AM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #914 on: November 14, 2009, 01:49:56 AM »

Sandman, glady you are okay!!!!!!!!!!

Do they not play Evenflow anymore?
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #915 on: November 14, 2009, 02:11:04 AM »

I went to Philly this summer to see the Red Sox play the Phillies.  We went with a group of Sox fans and after hearing all the horror stories about Philly fans I was prepared for the worst.  But, the people couldn't have been nicer.  Not a disparaging word was directed our way, aside from the playful jab here and there.  Much nicer than I've experienced in Chicago (White Sox) or Baltimore, or even Miami (Dolphins vs. Patriots).  Although it probably just depends on who you happen to cross paths with.  And I must admit, we were ASKING for it in Miami.  It was the season after the Pats won their first Super Bowl and we weren't letting anyone forget it.  Then the Pats went on and stunk up the joint and we had to suffer the consequences in the stands.

Anyhow, I really am digging Backspacer.  I think it's their best effort since No Code, though I didn't buy/listen to their last couple albums so I can't really comment on those.  I gave up after Yield and Binaural didn't quite do it for me.  This album though is at least as good as No Code to me, if not better.

LULZ dude, I remember watching that game on CBS.
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #916 on: November 14, 2009, 05:58:47 AM »

Sandman, glady you are okay!!!!!!!!!!

Do they not play Evenflow anymore?

not every night.

they played it at the o2, i think they played it on most of the US tour, but they like to change the set up a lot.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #917 on: November 14, 2009, 10:00:03 AM »

Pearl Jam nor the Venue really had nothing to do with the clown who decided to take flying lessons, if you were to try and recover your losses, maybe small claims court could be more appropriate. 

Sorry someone ruined your experience, glad you are well ok.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
sandman
Legend

« Reply #918 on: November 14, 2009, 03:45:01 PM »

thanks to everyone for all the well wishes. i really appreciate it!  ok

i'm feeling real good. just minor dizziness if i move my head real fast.

talked to a few lawyers and they all said it is difficult to sue individuals for pain and suffering. and even if you win, they typically file for bancruptcy if it's anything substantial.

i've just been thinking how lucky i am it wasn't worse. i easily could have been hurt severely. so i'm just very thankful i walked away with minor injuries.

but thanks again everyone!

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #919 on: November 15, 2009, 06:47:23 AM »

crazy story....i went to the Pearl Jam show last friday night in philly. sitting in section 217, row 17, and someone came crashing down on my head. they JUMPED from section 317 in the upper deck. slammed into my head and landed in the row in front of me. not sure of the exact height, but i'm guessing about a 20 foot drop.

i was carried out on a stretcher (last time ever leaving the philadelphia spectrum which is being knocked down soon), rushed to the hospital in an ambulance, and was given 4 CT scans/x-rays: head, neck/spine, chest, and abdomin. all were negative. i walked away with just a mild concussion.

i end up right next to the dude that jumped in the ER. he's bragging to his friends about what he did and how they have to "get their story straight and say he fell." he's drunk as hell and who knows what else he is on. i had the nurses call the police. i told them the story, they talked to him and got him to admit that he jumped. they said all they could get him with was simple assault and can't arrest him. but at least some police report was filed.

this happened during the first song of the show. it was a new song i didn't recognize, but they sounded incredible. pearl jam played the last 4 nights ever at the spectrum, and supposedly every show was great.   

Someone should notify the band? If they had any heart and were all "real, down to earth" like they make themselves out to be. Theyd at least write you a letter.

html sucks
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: