Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 08:10:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Pearl Jam
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pearl Jam  (Read 256059 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #920 on: November 15, 2009, 10:44:34 AM »

crazy story....i went to the Pearl Jam show last friday night in philly. sitting in section 217, row 17, and someone came crashing down on my head. they JUMPED from section 317 in the upper deck. slammed into my head and landed in the row in front of me. not sure of the exact height, but i'm guessing about a 20 foot drop.

i was carried out on a stretcher (last time ever leaving the philadelphia spectrum which is being knocked down soon), rushed to the hospital in an ambulance, and was given 4 CT scans/x-rays: head, neck/spine, chest, and abdomin. all were negative. i walked away with just a mild concussion.

i end up right next to the dude that jumped in the ER. he's bragging to his friends about what he did and how they have to "get their story straight and say he fell." he's drunk as hell and who knows what else he is on. i had the nurses call the police. i told them the story, they talked to him and got him to admit that he jumped. they said all they could get him with was simple assault and can't arrest him. but at least some police report was filed.

this happened during the first song of the show. it was a new song i didn't recognize, but they sounded incredible. pearl jam played the last 4 nights ever at the spectrum, and supposedly every show was great.   

Someone should notify the band? If they had any heart and were all "real, down to earth" like they make themselves out to be. Theyd at least write you a letter.
Yeah I was thinking that too.  They probably would do something cool for you if you could get your story to them.  It's an idea.  Eddie Vedder is on twitter, pretty easy to contact.  If he answers though, would be the question.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #921 on: November 15, 2009, 10:54:43 AM »

Totally, Faldor.

Its real easy to contact alot of famous people these days online. Just getting them to take notice haha.

Example, D has had many responses from Sebastian Bach on Twitter, i have had zero.

html sucks
sandman
Legend

« Reply #922 on: November 15, 2009, 12:28:14 PM »

mrlee/faldor - that would be cool, and the thought did cross my mind.

not that i think they have any responsibility to contact people that get injured at their shows, because as i found out sitting in the ER that night, there are many.  hihi at one time, in 4 consecutive beds were people injured at the show.

but an interesting point about what happened, is that the person who jumped was 100% inspired by the Pearl Jam video where Vedder jumps from a balcony into the crowd. i heard this d-bag on his cell phone in the ER bragging about it and referencing the video. many believed that video was filmed in philly (although i don't think that is true), but there is a well known incident of Vedder jumping from the balcony at the Troc in philly.

again, not saying that because he was imitating something Vedder did in philly, the band owes me a letter or something. but just figured i'd mention that connection.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #923 on: November 15, 2009, 12:39:27 PM »

Well. i think the difference is. All eyes are on Vedder when hes doing it. The spotlights on him. Everyone knows hes about to jump on them.

This guy drunkenly does it randomly, as the band starts, no ones watching him, no one knows. He coulda broke someones neck, or seriously injured himself.

html sucks
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #924 on: November 15, 2009, 01:48:55 PM »

That was the Even Flow video, and they didn't even play it at sandman's show!

How about we write to the band for sandman?
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #925 on: November 15, 2009, 01:55:18 PM »

haha "The Posters of www.heretodaygonetohell.com felt the need to contact the band...."

could be epic.

html sucks
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #926 on: November 15, 2009, 01:57:57 PM »

haha "The Posters of www.heretodaygonetohell.com felt the need to contact the band...."

could be epic.

Haha, especially with some of the parties involved in this here bitch.
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #927 on: November 15, 2009, 02:43:03 PM »

Sue a venue that has a date with the wrecking ball...yeah.

check the balance sheet of the managing company that owns the spectrum and compare it to the idiot individual who jumped.  the fact that the building is being demolished has little to do with assets of the company.  it would be a huge waste of time to even bother suing the individual.  you would have to check the fine print the ticket though.  i know for most MLB games it states that you attend the game at your own risk... so if a broken bat or HR ball smokes you in the head.. you can't sue the venue or team.  Similar language might be on the concert ticket.. that being said.  it sounds to me that the venue was negligent in the fact security should not allowed someone to climb over a railing and jump off. 
sandman
Legend

« Reply #928 on: November 15, 2009, 04:38:51 PM »

Sue a venue that has a date with the wrecking ball...yeah.

check the balance sheet of the managing company that owns the spectrum and compare it to the idiot individual who jumped.  the fact that the building is being demolished has little to do with assets of the company.  it would be a huge waste of time to even bother suing the individual.  you would have to check the fine print the ticket though.  i know for most MLB games it states that you attend the game at your own risk... so if a broken bat or HR ball smokes you in the head.. you can't sue the venue or team.  Similar language might be on the concert ticket.. that being said.  it sounds to me that the venue was negligent in the fact security should not allowed someone to climb over a railing and jump off. 

yeah, all the lawyers i spoke to said that if i had any type of serious injury, or long-term side effects from this (which is still possible), i'd have a suit against the owners of the Spectrum. the owners are Comcast-Spectacor. very, very deep pockets.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Chief
Legend

« Reply #929 on: November 16, 2009, 01:13:09 AM »

wow what a crazy story, glad you are ok!

btw on a side note, anyone know what the next touring plans are for PJ?

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #930 on: November 16, 2009, 09:08:16 AM »

btw on a side note, anyone know what the next touring plans are for PJ?

Good question.

I'm assuming a "proper" North American tour since they're already doing the Australian leg....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #931 on: November 18, 2009, 10:04:44 AM »

Not sure if anyone watches the show FlashForward on ABC, but they led off the last episode with "Unthought Known".  It was pretty cool, considering it's my favorite track off of Backspacer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRf2ALOYtk0

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #932 on: December 07, 2009, 08:12:24 AM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8399337.stm

Pearl Jam to headline Hard Rock Calling in 2010 

Fronted by Eddie Vedder, Pearl Jam's albums include V, Ten and Backspacer
Rock band Pearl Jam have been announced as the headline act for 2010's Hard Rock Calling event in London.

The Seattle group, who came to attention at the peak of grunge, have gone on to establish themselves as a durable act in the Led Zeppelin mould.

Best known for early hits Jeremy and Alive, they have also backed Neil Young on his Mirror Ball album.

They play Hyde Park on 25 June with the rest of the three-day Hard Rock Calling bill to be revealed later.

Tickets go on sale this Friday from the event's official website.

Last ever show

Meanwhile, Emerson, Lake And Palmer and ZZ Top have been revealed as the headliners of a new UK festival dedicated exclusively to classic rock.

The veterans will play the High Voltage festival in London's Victoria Park on 24 and 25 July.

According to organisers, Emerson, Lake And Palmer are reforming especially for the event, playing their "one and only live performance of 2010 - and possibly the last show they will ever play together".

Comprised of Keith Emerson (keyboards), Greg Lake (guitar, vocals) and Carl Palmer (drums), the group sold more than 40 million albums of progressive rock, with songs ranging from tales of environmental apocalypse to mechanical armadillos born in volcanoes.

They were persuaded to play by Classic Rock magazine, which is building the festival upon ideas from their readers - including designated hotels, "proper" beer and no booking fees.

Tickets for the two-day event are on sale now

This clashes with Glastonbury - but maybe there is some truth to rumours that they will play there as well - though Eavis has not been keen in the past following Roskilde. Fingers crossed for Glasto as I will be there...
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #933 on: December 07, 2009, 05:32:22 PM »

2010 European Tour Announced

Pearl Jam announced today that they will play a series of select European festival and headlining tour dates in June and July of 2010. The band's European dates kick off in Dublin, Ireland at the 02 Arena and close at the Optimus Alive Festival in Lisbon, Portugal.

PEARL JAM EUROPE 2010

DATE             CITY                      VENUE
22-June *        Dublin, Ireland            02 Arena
23-June *        Belfast, Ireland            Odyssey Arena
25-June           London, England         Hard Rock Calling Hyde Park
27-June **      TBD                               TBD
30-June *        Berlin, Germany          Wuhlheide
1-July **          TBD                               TBD
3-July               Arras, France                Main Square Festival
4-July               Werchter, Belgium       Rock Werchter Festival
6-July **          TBD                                TBD   
9-July **          TBD                                TBD
10-July             Oeiras, Portugal           Optimus Alive Festival

*     Pearl Jam headlining dates. Opening acts TBA.
**     Potential additional dates and corresponding on-sale information may be announced.

Ten Club is offering pre-sale tickets to active members only for the following shows:

?    Dublin     22-June  10C Pre-sale starts at 9AM Pacific (5 PM London) Wednesday 9-December
    ?    Belfast    23-June  10C Pre-sale starts at 10AM Pacific (6 PM London) Wednesday 9-December
    ?    London   25-June  10C Pre-sale starts at 11AM Pacific (7 PM London) Wednesday 9-December
    ?    Berlin      30-June  10C Pre-sale starts at 12 Noon Pacific (8 PM London) Wednesday 9-December

You must be an active member as of December 4, 2009 to qualify for the pre-sale.

Beginning Wednesday, 9-December at 9 AM Pacific time, Ten Club tickets can be purchased online at https://www.pearljam.com/max with a Visa or Mastercard only. No phone orders. Ticket prices will vary. Ten Club tickets are available while supplies last. The pre-sale will end Thursday, 10-December at 2 PM Pacific time. For wheelchair accessible seating, please make your ticket purchase online, then contact tickets@tenclub.net <http://www.pearljam.com/node/add/tickets@tenclub.net>  for details.  Eligible Ten Club members are allowed to purchase two (2) tickets per show. No single tickets are sold.

Ten Club pre-sale tickets will be "standing-only" tickets.  Ten Club members purchasing these tickets will be allowed early entry.  Details to follow upon confirmation.

Please read the following details before making a ticket purchase:

- Tickets are not mailed in advance. Tickets are distributed at the venue on the day of the show.

- The fan club member must collect the tickets with a valid photo identification. No exceptions.

- Purchasing Ten Club tickets means you agree to all Ten Club ticket policies and distributing procedures.

- Reselling of Ten Club tickets will result in cancellation of ticket purchase and revocation of all future ticket benefits.

- All ticket sales are final. No refunds. No transfers. No exchanges.

- All dates are subject to change.

Stay tuned to www.pearljam.com for public on-sale information and vendors.

Questions about Ten Club tickets can be answered here http://www.pearljam.com/ten-club/tickets, emailing tickets@tenclub.net <http://www.pearljam.com/node/add/tickets@tenclub.net> , or by calling 800-724-8038 (international phone rates may apply).   

Thanks and enjoy the shows!

-10Club

domi
Kashmir
Rocker

Vae Victis!

« Reply #934 on: December 08, 2009, 11:20:39 AM »

Well, no dates in Austria or the south of germany? Sad
I think I'm gonna fly to London or Berlin.

Omne ius hominum causa constitutum.
(Hermogenian, D. 1,5,2)
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #935 on: December 08, 2009, 12:00:22 PM »

hyde park for me  Grin

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #936 on: December 08, 2009, 03:44:54 PM »

Eddie's getting married.
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #937 on: December 09, 2009, 06:00:14 PM »

Eddie's getting married.
I'm pretty sure he already is.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #938 on: December 09, 2009, 06:14:15 PM »

Eddie's getting married.
I'm pretty sure he already is.

Nope, he and Jill just got engaged over the weekend.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #939 on: December 26, 2009, 03:16:55 PM »

Vedder in big Jam on lyrics
By BRUCE GOLDING

How's this for gratitude?

An obscure Canadian musician who saw his only album reissued after Eddie Vedder recorded one of his songs is suing the Pearl Jam frontman for changing some words.

Vedder cut a version of Gordon Peterson's "Hard Sun" for the soundtrack to the 2007 film "Into the Wild," crediting director Sean Penn for discovering the 20-year-old tune.

"I hope he liked [my version]," Vedder told Canada's Metro paper this year.

No such luck.

In a Manhattan federal-court suit, Peterson alleges that "Vedder altered certain key lyrics of 'Hard Sun' . . . eroding the integrity of the composition."

Peterson also blasts Universal Music for licensing his tune without his approval. He doesn't specify damages, but demands all profits from the "acts of infringement."

Vedder's lawyer, Gregory Clarick, said: "We don't see any basis for a copyright infringement claim."

source:  NY Post newspaper 
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/vedder_in_big_jam_on_lyrics_CbJkutLO0OUXyWRxgVhzVO

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: