Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 02:52:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Skrewdriver
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Skrewdriver  (Read 3680 times)
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« on: August 09, 2006, 02:33:58 PM »

EDIT: Ok, I take it you guys don't want to check out Skrewdriver. It's fine music and your loss, but suit yourself.  Undecided

<whimpers off>
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 04:00:28 PM by Walk » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 02:59:00 PM »

Ian Stuart (RIP) created some of the greatest pro-white music ever.

You gotta be kidding me!

You fucking think this is some skinhead board for whites only?

Keep your narrowminded rubbish to yourself if you want to post here. That goes for everybody else who wants to spread their hate propaganda.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 03:20:07 PM »

You people are f'ing losers.. I've seen shows about these groups  & the music is always crappy bands like this & it's unemployed southerners following them & their messege. It's a disgrace to even call it punk not only because of it's insidious content but also for it's awful musicianship. They can play 2 chords about as well as a 12 year old.

You probably live in the most rural of areas in the middle of some redneck woods complaining about how people of other races and cultures are coming in and taking jobs.. Well I live in the city and work with them, and would rather work with them than your lazy, complaining ass. You sit around and talk all 'Tough Tony" about how your gonna start some revolution when all you'll ever do is talk and listen to crappy music.

This band probably sucks ass and personally I'd rather just see this thread deleted.

Now take your ball and get the hell out of Dodge, Sissy boy.
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2006, 03:50:48 PM »

Keep your narrowminded rubbish to yourself if you want to post here. That goes for everybody else who wants to spread their hate propaganda.

If you don't like the songs' messages, then hear the music, at least; it's all first class punk rock at its finest. Here are my favorite Skrewdriver songs.

None of the songs I recommended could be seen as racist except White Power, which is more of a statement of pride than hate.
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2006, 03:54:21 PM »

You people are f'ing losers.. I've seen shows about these groups  & the music is always crappy bands like this & it's unemployed southerners following them & their messege. It's a disgrace to even call it punk not only because of it's insidious content but also for it's awful musicianship. They can play 2 chords about as well as a 12 year old.

You probably live in the most rural of areas in the middle of some redneck woods complaining about how people of other races and cultures are coming in and taking jobs.. Well I live in the city and work with them, and would rather work with them than your lazy, complaining ass. You sit around and talk all 'Tough Tony" about how your gonna start some revolution when all you'll ever do is talk and listen to crappy music.

This band probably sucks ass and personally I'd rather just see this thread deleted.

Now take your ball and get the hell out of Dodge, Sissy boy.

Now THIS sounds like hate. It's a personal attack on me. As for the 2 chords, well, you obviously aren't a punk fan. I'm usually a metal fan, but Skrewdriver has impressed me so much I thought I'd share it with you. As for "probably" sucks ass: have you even heard them before? You're judging the music before even hearing it? Meh.

I wonder what you think of One In A Million, one of GnR's best songs.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2006, 04:41:32 PM »

The old "One In A Million" excuse...?

Axl wrote lyrics a song so it's ok to hate people based on their skin color.? Roll Eyes

Please... Don't dare to compare GN'R to these "white power" bands.

None of the songs I recommended could be seen as racist except White Power, which is more of a statement of pride than hate.

What kind of audience does this band have?

Would Frank play drums for them?? Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2006, 04:50:56 PM »

Well, most fans are neo-Nazis, but lots of neo-Nazis like Slayer too, so that's not saying much. Hell, One In A Million has more hate than 90% of Skrewdriver songs.

You should also know Skrewdrivers first album is completely, 100% classic punk. It was only later the band became a white-pride band. Regardless, almost all of Skrewdriver's music is great.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2006, 05:11:47 PM »

Would Frank play drums for them?? Tongue

/jarmo

Would they want to have Frank drum for them is another question...

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
BA
Linkin Park's worst nightmare
VIP

g,n,f'n,r's!!**

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2006, 05:34:23 PM »

wtf?
why the fuck are you attacking someone for saying they like a band?so what if you dont like it,or dont agree with what they sing about?its no worse than rap music.
i dont like skrewdriver,and my views in life are rather different than theres however alot of people did like them and i have read alot about ian stuart and the guy deserves respect in many ways.dont talk illof the dead,atleast he got his views heard unlike most!

i want to show you something,like joy inside my heart.seems i been living in the temple of the dog.where would i live if i were a man of goldenwords or would i live at all
word and music-my only tool
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2006, 05:48:57 PM »

This Walk person doesn't come across as the most openminded person on this board.

Then when I see a thread about this band, well it seems like the music fits the views....

A lot of people liked Saddam Hussein, but that doesn't mean we have to praise him.  Wink

/jarmo

Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2006, 06:56:54 PM »

A lot of people don't like me, but that doesn't mean you have to insult my taste in music.  Cool

Strange that I'm not considered "openminded" here, but this is the first non-metal band I've mentioned in a while. Admit it, you guys love me as a closed-minded metalhead, don't you?  Wink
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2006, 07:38:25 PM »

Bit of an overreaction on here really.  I think Walk was only trying to say this is a cool sounding band.  Do you all stop listening to GN'R Lies when it gets to track 8?  Or do you think like me "ok so it's got connotations, but it's a really good song so I'll enjoy it anyway".  At the end of the day I don't think anyone would come here and start a thread about a band if they intended to stir racial hatred  hihi

I think White Power's a pretty shit kind of subject to be singing about, but every other colour and creed seem to be able to get away with it.

And no I've never listened to Skrewdriver  rofl

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2006, 07:59:29 PM »

cool bandname. their view on life seem pretty disgusting though.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2006, 08:29:05 PM »

There are definitely some Rage Against The Machine and John Lennon fans here, though. Commies get their free speech, and the scary thing is, they're taken seriously. I see Che Ghevara on a lot of tee shirts here as a fasion statement, but a swastika is a hate symbol, even though its original meaning was peaceful, and Che is always hateful.
Mom
Headliner

Well ya know something Gene...

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2006, 10:36:51 PM »

Ironically I believe they started off as a Stones cover band, a band which owes a lot to black American mucisians, more so than many punk rock acts. They were called "Tumbling Dice" I believe.

11/10/06!
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2006, 08:57:48 AM »

Didnt Skrewdriver initially start, and release one album, as a punk rock band? I remember reading that the singer left because of the bands increasing interest with White Power so they recruited a new, pro-White Power singer.
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2006, 11:25:22 AM »

You got it backwards. The band broke up and the singer got together some pro-white musicians to reform it.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2006, 04:05:28 PM »

There are definitely some Rage Against The Machine and John Lennon fans here, though. Commies get their free speech, and the scary thing is, they're taken seriously. I see Che Ghevara on a lot of tee shirts here as a fasion statement, but a swastika is a hate symbol, even though its original meaning was peaceful, and Che is always hateful.

yeah, Im a commie, dude.
nuke me.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2006, 06:16:41 PM »

EDIT: Ok, I take it you guys don't want to check out Skrewdriver. It's fine music and your loss, but suit yourself.? Undecided

<whimpers off>

Look everyone to their own, and if it makes you happy to listen to that then thats fine with me. I just think that Walk must have expected some reaction from this post like what he is getting.

However lets be honest even if the music is the best music in the world the message they are sending out through their Lyrics is purposely controversial and i dont wanna to give them the satisfaction of my time. Coz i just dont agree with them.

However if they are a band that you like to listen to then thats great for you its always good to find a new band you like.

I'm no expert on Screwdriver or their lyrics . . but i've heard them a few times and to be honest even if they were singing axl's lyrics i just think they suck. Sorry Walk.

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2006, 10:55:40 PM »

I expected a few people to not like them, but I didn't expect the reactionary flood that came my way. Lyrics are given too much attention. I hear some people complain that they can't hear the lyrics in death metal sometimes.  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: