Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 09:35:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227937 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  popcorn
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: popcorn  (Read 8301 times)
no more patience
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: August 18, 2006, 12:14:31 AM »

ive been watching a lot of old school vids of the old gnr..and what gets me the most is not only were the fucking amazing playing together as a unit...but how fucking wicked steven adler performs... he seemed always on the right timing and would hammer away! very impressed...you think there would be any way he would be fit to play with axl-----all personal things aside...

this is a song about your fucking mother!
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 12:15:55 AM »

ive been watching a lot of old school vids of the old gnr..and what gets me the most is not only were the fucking amazing playing together as a unit...but how fucking wicked steven adler performs... he seemed always on the right timing and would hammer away! very impressed...you think there would be any way he would be fit to play with axl-----all personal things aside...

I dont think he's capable of playing with a barbie doll anymore. no

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Mr_Brownface
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 12:19:37 AM »

He's too unreliable and too much of a junkie.
PrettyTiedUp763
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 12:57:25 AM »

I seriously doubt it.  Undecided
TrueRock&Roll
VIP

Guns N Roses = Best band of all time

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006, 02:09:44 AM »

I dont think he's capable of playing with a barbie doll anymore. no
  That pretty much sums it up with Adler.  He's got some major problems.
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2006, 02:47:00 AM »

Well... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_dJ2c22V6A&mode=related&search=
ironfin
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2006, 03:27:50 AM »

Adler is my favourite drummer, he lacked  technical ability but he played with emotion and energy. He would have sounded great on UYI (way better than Sorum who I believe helped ruin UYI).

However I dont think Adler's style is right for the new stuff. Brain is the man and I am looking forward to hearing his work on CD.
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2006, 09:54:33 AM »

Even though I like a lot Steven drumming I dont think he might fit in GNR nowadays, he has lots of problems now and he must resolve those issues before he can concentrate in a band, he can't even keep his band together for God sakes  Undecided

No man can be my equal
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

Look at the lies Slash is leading

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2006, 01:52:31 PM »

yeah..at the moment..you don?t know about how adler is doing..i hope he?s clean but....hmmm well.. confused

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2006, 12:47:20 PM »

too unreliable.... I still like to see him when he comes around though.  I would also love to see him play with any of the original members someday, even if it was a small gig or something.

Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2006, 11:55:58 AM »

Is it just me or did it look like he was having trouble holding the cake (or whatever it was) still as he fed it to that woman? he seems to still have problems from his former drug use
wadey
Legend

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2006, 12:47:01 PM »

i saw him in feb at bradford rio's and hes still more than capable of playing great, not as good as he was but still fucking great, he would still make a better drummer than sorum even in his present state, adler has got natural rhymn and loads of it.

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
robinfinckfan
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2006, 02:11:17 PM »

Adler is my favourite drummer, he lacked? technical ability but he played with emotion and energy. He would have sounded great on UYI (way better than Sorum who I believe helped ruin UYI).

However I dont think Adler's style is right for the new stuff. Brain is the man and I am looking forward to hearing his work on CD.

How in the hell did sorum ruin UYI?
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2006, 09:05:39 PM »

could you imagine Adler playing November Rain? I certainly couldn't, thats why if a reunion was to happen it would be sorum behind the kit
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2006, 03:40:43 PM »

i would have loved to hear a adler you could be mine WOW

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2006, 11:57:21 AM »

could you imagine Adler playing November Rain?

Sure could.  Considering the fact that Adler wrote all drum parts on UYI, rehearsed them in the 1989 Chicago sessions, played several UYI songs live from 1986-1990, and recorded demos of several others (which you can find if you look at bootleg sites).

and what the hell are you talking about anyway.  "November Rain" is a very simple song, drum-wise.

Even though I like a lot Steven drumming I dont think he might fit in GNR nowadays,

hell, I doubt space aliens would fit in with what is called GNR nowadays....

« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 11:59:50 AM by Bridge » Logged
Shirell
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2006, 04:07:24 PM »

I think it was a real shame he got kicked out but at the same time... anybody will lose their job if they cant perform becasue they're out of their heads and incapable most of the time
Stonerose
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2006, 03:36:09 AM »

Id love to hear adler play november rain, i think hed do an amazing job. Id love to hear him play all the illusions stuff, it woulda been so much more looser and funkier, more rock n roll and less heavy metal. To me Guns never sounded the same once steven was kicked out. I hope he gets his shit together coz if the band reform id luv for him to be behind the kit.
Dr_Sweden
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2006, 08:29:11 AM »

Steven was great in the 80is ... he had carisma ...a good beat ...but nowdays hes not a good player ... and he has some problems ...
idont want the old guns to reform ...look forward instead..... love the "new" guns ... its a shame that steven didt got himself together yet ... and i think he would played better on illusions than matt. ...but he couldent play .....
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2006, 10:33:42 AM »

hell, I doubt space aliens would fit in with what is called GNR nowadays....

hihi yeah I know, but I think Axl wont be the guy that put on the flowers on steve to drum, specially if he still is in drugs  Undecided

No man can be my equal
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: