Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 11:51:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers  (Read 19136 times)
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« on: August 28, 2006, 11:48:47 AM »

is it me or is this one cool band?

good lyrics, nice acousticly slide music lol!!!

cool videos also.

html sucks
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 11:54:00 AM »

i love tom petty.. cool guy and good songs and lyrics  ok
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 11:57:10 AM »

Yeah i'm a big fan, great tunes and the video's are fantastic.  My personal fave is the Into The Great Wide Open one which has Johnny Depp & Faye Dunaway in it....
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 12:29:32 PM »

Yeah i'm a big fan, great tunes and the video's are fantastic.  My personal fave is the Into The Great Wide Open one which has Johnny Depp & Faye Dunaway in it....

awesome video. i love the whole story, always fun to watch!

html sucks
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2006, 01:12:22 PM »

listening to "the waiting" right now  yes
SuperMike
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2006, 01:24:25 PM »

Oh yeah, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers is an all-time favorite.
comaknight
Rocker

When all is said and done, we're not the only ones

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2006, 07:09:06 PM »

New record is a grower, but great.  Toss off "Jack" and you've got one solid listen all the way through.
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2006, 10:01:46 AM »

There are just a must listen even if you dont know their discography  Cheesy

No man can be my equal
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2007, 09:57:56 AM »

Bought Highway Companion today.? The album is smooth with a capital SMOOTH.? Cheesy Seriously though it is really good, such a chilled out listen, so relaxing.? True it's not going to blow minds and blast him to the top of the charts but it's not about that, it's about putting out a good quality album.? Flirting With Time & Night Driver are my favourite tracks but they are all fairly decent, perfect listening for a long car journey or when your chilling in the sun, definately, smooth Wink
Red1
VIP

yeah, you probably have seen me around.....

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2007, 10:14:09 AM »

I love them!!  One of my favourites of all time.  Makes great driving music.

That's why I can't listen to the latest Chilli's album.  I can't believe they got away with ripping off his song so fuckin badly.
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2007, 11:59:47 AM »

Yeah they should of been in my underrated list. FOrgot about them...

Awesome band.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2007, 12:59:23 PM »

WARNER BROS. RECORDS TO RELEASE SPECIAL EDITION OF TOM PETTY?S HIGHWAY COMPANION ON JUNE 5TH

New Version of Legend's Third Solo Album Is Packaged as Leatherette-Bound Book and Features Four Bonus Tracks

Burbank, CA ? A special edition of Tom Petty's Highway Companion, the third recording in a trilogy of solo albums that includes Full Moon Fever and Wildflowers, will be released by Warner Bros. Records on June 5th. Long celebrated as a major American voice, Petty has used his solo work as a vehicle for his most personal songwriting. Highway Companion, described by The Washington Post as "his best disc in years," takes the striking intimacy of his earlier solo efforts to even greater heights.

The new version of Highway Companion, targeted to retail outlets around Father's Day, will be a leatherette-bound book that includes two postcards and four previously unreleased bonus tracks: two songs, "Home" and "Around the Roses," previously recorded for Highway Companion and Petty's personal demo versions of Highway Companion tracks "Big Weekend" and "This Old Town."

The release of the special edition coincides with the reissues on June 12 of the two studio albums from all-star band the Traveling Wilburys, of which Petty was a member along with Bob Dylan, George Harrison, Roy Orbison, and Jeff Lynne. Traveling Wilburys Volume 1 and Traveling Wilburys Volume 3 will be available together in one package with bonus tracks and a DVD of rare footage, as a deluxe linen-bound edition, a vinyl set and a digital bundle.

Originally released on July 25th, 2006, Highway Companion debuted at Number 4 on Billboard's Top 200 album chart, selling 112,000 copies its first week. It was produced by Jeff Lynne, who also produced Petty's beloved 1989 multi-platinum solo album, Full Moon Fever and Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers' 1991 album Into the Great Wide Open. The spare, lyrically introspective Highway Companion was described by The Detroit Free Press as "an album of subtle treasures", , Rolling Stone, recognizing the raw emotional strength of Highway Companion, declared it "a classic."

Highway Companion was nominated for a Grammy Award for "Best Rock Album," while its first single, "Saving Grace," was nominated for "Best Solo Rock Vocal Performance." Those honors were Petty's 17th and 18th Grammy nods in an illustrious career that has seen the Florida-born singer-songwriter sell more than 50 million albums over the past 30 years. Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2002.

The track-listing for the special edition of Highway Companion is as follows:

"Saving Grace"
"Square One"
"Flirting With Time"
"Down South"
"Jack"
"Turn This Car Around"
"Big Weekend"
"Night Driver"
"Damaged By Love"
"This Old Town"
"Ankle Deep"
"The Golden Rose"
"Home"
"Around the Roses"
"Big Weekend" (demo version)
"This Old Town" (demo version)
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2007, 09:43:53 PM »

Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers' Greatest Hits is one of my favorite compliations.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2007, 09:24:38 AM »

i just bought myself the greatest hits for ?5 along with poisons open up n say ahh, bargain!

html sucks
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2007, 08:47:07 PM »

Can anyone tell me what Toms biggest hits are except for Mary Jane, Runnin Down A Dream, Wont Back Down and Free Fallin?

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2007, 05:36:15 AM »

Can anyone tell me what Toms biggest hits are except for Mary Jane, Runnin Down A Dream, Wont Back Down and Free Fallin?
Breakdown, American Girl, I Need to Know, Listen To Her Heart, Don't Do Me Like That, Refugee, Here Comes My Girl, The Waiting, A Woman In Love (It's Not Me), You Got Lucky, Change of Heart, Don't Come Around Here No More, Jammin' Me, Yer So Bad, Out In The Cold, Learning to Fly, Into The Great Wide Open, You Don't Know How It Feels.

These were all singles and are all classic tunes ok
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2007, 07:58:25 AM »

what about last dance with mary jane that one is great!

html sucks
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2007, 10:21:15 AM »

what about last dance with mary jane that one is great!

Wink
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2007, 08:12:18 PM »

Anyone see his new film? Called "Runnin' Down a Dream"?  I beleive it's out on DVD. I just saw it on the Sundance Channel. It covers the whole history. And it's 4 hours long.

Axl is God.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2007, 03:58:42 PM »

Anyone see his new film? Called "Runnin' Down a Dream"?? I beleive it's out on DVD. I just saw it on the Sundance Channel. It covers the whole history. And it's 4 hours long.
Nah not yet, it's on play.com

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/3513747/Tom-Petty-And-The-Heartbreakers-Runnin-Down-A-Dream/Product.html

Out on the 26th November?24 for 3 DVDs and 1 CD is pretty damn good!  I've banged it on my chrimbo list so hopefully i'll get it Grin
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: