Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 13, 2024, 09:12:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228037 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Bumblefoot and Chinese Democracy
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bumblefoot and Chinese Democracy  (Read 12502 times)
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« on: August 23, 2006, 01:05:08 PM »

first off, a tangent question: Should GnR keep the name Chinese Democracy for the new album?? is it too played out at this point?

but on topic:

My feelings are this...we waited this long....take BH off the album, and put BF on the album. Its really going to be retarded when CD hits, and BH's amazing, amazing, amazing guitar-work is on the album, and he's no longer in the band.

of course i wanna hear BH on the album, but 13 yrs later....release the cd the right way....to wait this long, and make this big of a mistake, doesn't make any sense. plus, it lets BF really become part of the band.

ITS TAKEN THIS LONG.....TAKE SOME MORE TIME AND DO IT RIGHT. release the album next spring, and lert BF do his work this Fall and Winter. and that means BF cannot go playing in little clubs, he needs to work on the album.

AXL - - DO NOT RELEASE THIS WITH A MEMBER NO LONGER IN THE GROUP ON THE SONGS, MAKES ZERO SENSE. DO IT RIGHT...ITS TAKEN THIS LONG....

**and its not as simple as "just let BF play BH's parts live....i was at two shows in May...NO ONE can play what BH does, NO ONE.
DemocracyRose
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 01:10:38 PM »

I seen your point...

But what if some of the other guys leave the band after the US tour. Should they re-record those parts too..??

I say, release the record now and let B-foot be on the next album...

The Band and the fans needs this album now... ok
Origen
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 01:11:28 PM »

a dead horse but,

Should GnR keep the name Chinese Democracy for the new album?? is it too played out at this point?
No the only main reason people are keeping interested is to see what this mythical album brings, no point in changing the album title this late in the game and confusing people.

And no Bumblefoots should not be on CD because that's just going to add to more delays, if it has been done then fine good but if not then just leave it the way it is.

Just release the album.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 01:13:03 PM »

You are not making any sense.

If you think "Bumblefoot isn't as good as Buckethead", then, why the hell do you want him to play in the album? Just because he's in the band? Well, guess what, he could leave tomorrow and be replaced, and it'll happen again and again.

We've discussed this so many times. Have a look at the Dead Horse section before posting here. As far as we know, BH's parts will be in the album.
W 23 AXL II
VIP

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 01:15:08 PM »

i see YOUR point, but how can u sell the band, with these amazing guitar parts, without the person who recorded them, in the band?!?!?!

actually, it shouldn't take too long.....i mean, what are these guys doing on a daily basis??? i mean seriously....THE SONGS ARE ALREADY WRITTEN, ARRANGED AND DONE....BF could record his parts....id say in about 2-3 wks...

guys, led zeppelin recorded their first album in a few days, and release a second album 10 months later, both are classics. it doesnt take all this time to record....maybe to write and record, but not to record.

let BF do BH's solo's and rhythm over (if there is any BH rhythm parts)....i know its going to delay, but seriously....when is this album coming out ANYWAY??? i say do it right...

and yes i agree....keep the name chinese democracy
W 23 AXL II
VIP

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 01:20:14 PM »

and the idea that every guitarist could essentially leave, and then we're left with what, new players re-recording all the time?

thats bullsh-t.....b/c if more guys leave, we have bigger problems.

BF is in the band.....let him be on the record, not someone (as amazing as they are) who is NO LONGER IN THE BAND. it makes no sense, at all. i dont get how u would want CD, after all the time, without the right members on it.

nothing against BF, but id take BH anyday of the week....but regardless, let BF on the album. should take a few weeks if they work hard and stop doing whatever it is they do on a daily basis.
W 23 AXL II
VIP

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006, 01:23:01 PM »

if they record on off-days....they should be done with BF by mid-October....release the album in December, just in time for christmas. or release in january....or, get the 2nd album together (assuming its been worked on extensively) and release both next summer...i dont care, i just want the right album with the right band memebers.

its like metallica keeping that douche bass player they had on their next album...it wouldn't make sense.
DemocracyRose
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2006, 01:24:03 PM »

Well first your said spring. Now its 2-3 weeks..??

If B-foots parts is on the album and its going to be release this year, it will be fine by me...
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2006, 01:24:41 PM »

I have no problem with Bucket's parts stayin on the album which i think they will.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2006, 01:25:02 PM »

When the band is great live as well, I don't see any problem there.

Was Izzy still in the band when UYI was released?
W 23 AXL II
VIP

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2006, 01:26:54 PM »

id want to hear BH too, but it wouldn't make sense. its taken 13 yrs, do it right.

and it shouldn't take that long anyway....jesus, the guy could get it done in a few nights if needed. this is not rocket science. if led zeppelin can release two albums in one year 1969, then BF could record guitar parts for 12 songs in a month.
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2006, 01:27:56 PM »

Was Izzy still in the band when UYI was released?

yes

UYI - released September 91
Izzy left in November. And before anyone asks, thats not what November Rain is about ok
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 01:30:42 PM by kujo » Logged

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
busngabb
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2006, 01:28:10 PM »

Speaking to a couple of people at the Manchester gig as they were packing up, they don't believe Buckethead to have had a massive influence on the music.

Plus, it doesn't matter if Bucket's work is on it or not, get Thal in the book with the band and have Bucket's credits in a really small font and no one will know the difference.

After all, if Buckethead can play it, bbf can too.
W 23 AXL II
VIP

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2006, 01:28:15 PM »

UM YES....IZZY WAS STILL IN THE BAND WHEN THE ILLUSIONS WERE RELEASED. AND THATS A DIFFERENT STORY ANYWAY...HE WROTE A LOT OF THOSE SONGS/PARTS....HE WAS A FOUNDING MEMBER...
W 23 AXL II
VIP

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2006, 01:30:22 PM »

u may say BF can play anything, and this is not meant to deviate into a debate over this, but BH is a much better guitarist, without a doubt. BF is AMAZING....but BH is out of this world. lets be reasonable here...

but u r right, BF can play the songs live as he has, but after 13 yrs, release the album the right way...thats my opinion.
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2006, 01:30:32 PM »

id want to hear BH too, but it wouldn't make sense. its taken 13 yrs, do it right.

and it shouldn't take that long anyway....jesus, the guy could get it done in a few nights if needed. this is not rocket science. if led zeppelin can release two albums in one year 1969, then BF could record guitar parts for 12 songs in a month.

I don't think it is about re-recording parts only. it is about style, mixing, what would BBF bring to the band with his playing and much more... I wouldn't mind BBF being on the actual record. Still think most of it is finalized and now there are legal/label issues that are keeping the record inside one room.

edit: @ W 23 AXL II
can you please keep all your thoughts in a single post and not create new post for every new thought/sentence? Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 01:33:36 PM by velimir » Logged
give_it_a_rest
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2006, 01:31:49 PM »

I think that 90 or more percent of the 'fans' are not interrested in who plays the solo's, they just want to hear new GN'R music. The people who are interested are the people on these boards etc, only a small part not unimportant by the way (don't get me wrong). Most important thing will be that the songs will sound great, and that's possible with both BH/BF in my opinion. And there are still 2 other guitar players in the band so it's not only a BH thing. Brian May and maybe other guitar players did some work on some songs do you think that should also be replaced because they're not in the band?? So I could live with the fact that BH was also some sort of a 'session' guitarist ?for the new album. ?
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2006, 01:32:36 PM »

What is the right way? There will be prob a lot of guest spots on the album so who cares if BH stays on.. If he wrote or co-wrote parts of the songs then he should stay on the album.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
W 23 AXL II
VIP

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2006, 01:32:42 PM »

if u think this album is finalized, u r out of your mind. there are obviously issues still happening....

and i am a producer....the writing, recording and mixing of new guitar parts should not take that long, a month at most, and thats with lots of alcohol and drug breaks. please, it could be done in a few days if needed.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2006, 01:37:42 PM »

WHy should Bumble rerecord parts? He didn't write them. Again, if Bucket wrote the parts he should stay on them.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: