Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 31, 2024, 07:37:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227976 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  If you have something unavailable to open market, please read
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: If you have something unavailable to open market, please read  (Read 6047 times)
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« on: August 30, 2006, 02:15:31 PM »

I know that selling is against the code of traders... but I've got a lot of cash and I'm sick of trying to piss around by searching for stuff.  If you have something that you know no one else has, PM me and we'll work something out.  peace

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
anythinggoes
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 02:17:27 PM »

not encouraged in this forum mate
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 02:18:37 PM »

contact gnrosas. he filmed 7 uk shows and won't share them freely. but i doubt he will sell them too

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2006, 02:21:06 PM »

It's at the point where I don't know what else to do.  People have media that we all want - what will it take to get it? This says appetite for collection - granted, it may be against forum policy - but collecting sometimes takes a little extra edge to get what you want..  I just wish things were better than what they are and if it takes some green to get it... well, then that's what needs to be done.   peace

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2006, 02:31:49 PM »

All the people who hoard stuff, in my opinion, would share that stuff if the other hoarders do the same.

one person hoards, another does the same.

PS: I have nothing against hoarders. My problem is with hoarders that are all the time showing you on your face what they have and that they will never share. That people should be denied from free trackers (IMHO), because they act like crows: they suck your blood, they download for free stuff and then they trade THAT originally free stuff for ultra rare stuff they will never share.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 02:35:25 PM »

All the people who hoard stuff, in my opinion, would share that stuff if the other hoarders do the same.

one person hoards, another does the same.

PS: I have nothing against hoarders. My problem is with hoarders that are all the time showing you on your face what they have and that they will never share. That people should be denied from free trackers (IMHO), because they act like crows: they suck your blood, they download for free stuff and then they trade THAT originally free stuff for ultra rare stuff they will never share.

that's sad but true. about GNROSAS, I don't think he wants to sell, he just wants to trade stuff first. his stuff will go public after some time.

Crazyman
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2006, 02:35:40 PM »

Neither is hoarding, but people do it anyway..
anythinggoes
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2006, 02:39:42 PM »

true but hoarding doesnt make you money selling does selling bad
zombux
Legend

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2006, 02:50:09 PM »

true but hoarding doesnt make you money selling does selling bad

there has to be some way to get hoarded or rare stuff out. people who do it become instant legends - like timebomb for example.

agropolus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2006, 09:08:05 PM »

When people were planning to buy the NY dvds nobody said a thing...
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2006, 09:43:14 PM »

That really was 1 person whose intention was to liberate them and they were liberated the minute the 1st person recieved them in the mail pretty much squashing that sellers chance of making the money he thought he would.

It really is a double edged sword because the people that film the shows do have to spend money on equipment, etc., not to mention the risk involved in filming.  But on the other hand it winds up with a select few people having something they are enjoying by themselves, and personally I don't see the joy in that.

I am not a huge bootleg maniac, I collect shows that are special to me because I was there or the good pro-shots but I understand the views of the people here that collect as well.  If I owned them all I would share them because I think we are all here for the same reason, to love GNR, but that's just me.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2006, 10:13:28 PM »

That really was 1 person whose intention was to liberate them and they were liberated the minute the 1st person recieved them in the mail pretty much squashing that sellers chance of making the money he thought he would.

It really is a double edged sword because the people that film the shows do have to spend money on equipment, etc., not to mention the risk involved in filming.  But on the other hand it winds up with a select few people having something they are enjoying by themselves, and personally I don't see the joy in that.

I am not a huge bootleg maniac, I collect shows that are special to me because I was there or the good pro-shots but I understand the views of the people here that collect as well.  If I owned them all I would share them because I think we are all here for the same reason, to love GNR, but that's just me.

Yup, that pretty much sums up my thoughts on this as well.   

I see no problem paying a taper for their work, but beyond that its a pretty rotten way to make extra money.
agropolus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2006, 12:51:20 AM »

It didn't squash the seller's chances of making money because he sold the NYC dvds to other people (GNROSAS, for example, and on eBay). And still, the NYC DVDs which were bought (by darknemus if I'm not wrong) were not the best quality possible, had an annoying banner, etc.
I think it's cool if we could liberate more bootlegs even if by paying for them, but I just think everyone should be treated equally. The guy was asking to buy bootlegs which are not around because he has nothing to trade for, just like most of us here
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2006, 01:22:31 AM »

It didn't squash the seller's chances of making money because he sold the NYC dvds to other people (GNROSAS, for example, and on eBay). And still, the NYC DVDs which were bought (by darknemus if I'm not wrong) were not the best quality possible, had an annoying banner, etc.
I think it's cool if we could liberate more bootlegs even if by paying for them, but I just think everyone should be treated equally. The guy was asking to buy bootlegs which are not around because he has nothing to trade for, just like most of us here

Exactly, I've already 'collected' the stuff that's readily available - all audio shows from old/new GNR that are available, all worthwhile video, mostly every demo, etc.  I'm after stuff that's hidden, but I can't get into it any other way without buying.  Any trader that has something rare probably already has all of the same stuff that I do and it's just a waste of time to offer bootlegs redundantly to people that already have them.  I'd rather just pay and be done with it, at this point.  peace

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2006, 11:20:59 AM »

What I am saying is that they became readily available by download and free trade to those that otherwise might have bought it, therefore making the demand not quite as high.? They were liberated by quite a few people here who had also bought them, not just Darkenemus.?

And as far as I was aware, the version of NYC May 12 that GNROSAS has was open for free trade and then uploaded to PC tracker.

I think paying someone $1000 for a DVD or even a DVD collection is insane.? This is a time when you can actually go to a show and enjoy yourself and that memory.? I can't imagine, well, myself having the time to watch 636732 bootlegs and having a life on top of it unless I kept them running day and night.?

And I know you guys don't want to look at it from this angle but you are wanting all these bootlegs from a band that hates the fact that it is done and even started to hand out flyers in Europe to try to prevent it from being done.
gun
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2006, 01:11:58 PM »

I have a large collection but I'm not to the point that I must have every show.  Special shows, the demos, outstanding performances...those things meet my needs just fine.  I do understand why hoarding occurs however.  Let's say there is a show you REALLY want or a certain demo that most people seemingly don't know about.   The reason you can't get it is someone is keeping it as "trading currency".  I'm not saying it is a good thing but you can't get one of these rarities if you have nothing to trade with.  Once you give these things to the general public they lose any trading value they once had.
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2006, 07:12:48 PM »

And I know you guys don't want to look at it from this angle but you are wanting all these bootlegs from a band that hates the fact that it is done and even started to hand out flyers in Europe to try to prevent it from being done.

what did the flyers say?
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2006, 04:45:41 AM »

What I am saying is that they became readily available by download and free trade to those that otherwise might have bought it, therefore making the demand not quite as high.? They were liberated by quite a few people here who had also bought them, not just Darkenemus.?

And as far as I was aware, the version of NYC May 12 that GNROSAS has was open for free trade and then uploaded to PC tracker.

I think paying someone $1000 for a DVD or even a DVD collection is insane.? This is a time when you can actually go to a show and enjoy yourself and that memory.? I can't imagine, well, myself having the time to watch 636732 bootlegs and having a life on top of it unless I kept them running day and night.?

That is exactly why I don't share it is out of complete respect for Axl.  He made it very clear that he hates downloaders when I saw him this year at Rio.  His exact words were " I understand we have some Lisbon, Portugese, Portuagal, and Global downloaders here tonight!!(crowd answers in exitement) Axl then calls them all "Mother beepers", it was at that point I decided to keep my footage to myself.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
zombux
Legend

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2006, 05:03:38 AM »

That is exactly why I don't share it is out of complete respect for Axl.? He made it very clear that he hates downloaders when I saw him this year at Rio.? His exact words were " I understand we have some Lisbon, Portugese, Portuagal, and Global downloaders here tonight!!(crowd answers in exitement) Axl then calls them all "Mother beepers", it was at that point I decided to keep my footage to myself.

it's very nice of Axl that he hates downloaders, but if he's releasing 1 album in 13 years, what else does he expect? some big bands like metallica (I'm not any superfan of them but I know something) are providing all their shows in proshot quality and fans love them. that's the way to do it, not to be freaking silent for long years and absolutely do not care about fans Tongue

Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2006, 05:55:51 AM »

That is exactly why I don't share it is out of complete respect for Axl.  He made it very clear that he hates downloaders when I saw him this year at Rio.  His exact words were " I understand we have some Lisbon, Portugese, Portuagal, and Global downloaders here tonight!!(crowd answers in exitement) Axl then calls them all "Mother beepers", it was at that point I decided to keep my footage to myself.

That's just fucking silly.
1.he could have said motherfuckers as a joke
2.if axl would have told you to jump off a river,would you do it too?  and
3.what are you keeping to yourself exactly?

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: