Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 07:50:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227993 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  'Rocky Balboa' The movie is one of the years BEST' According to AICN REVIEW
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 'Rocky Balboa' The movie is one of the years BEST' According to AICN REVIEW  (Read 32637 times)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #100 on: December 22, 2006, 12:33:51 AM »

damn i haven't seen a negative review yet!  Shocked  gonna have to go see this soon  yes
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #101 on: December 22, 2006, 12:45:58 AM »

The movie was fucking great.Hell Just replaced clerks 2 and the departed off my best of the year list.I can't wait to see the thing again.

if Rambo 4 is half as good as this was the bring that shit on.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #102 on: December 23, 2006, 02:29:27 PM »

I'd like to post my review, but in so doing I guess it would be spoiling other folks' takes on the film.  I'll wait a bit and post then!

I very rarely see movies, so since it's the only movie I've seen this year, it's the best and the worst!   hihi

I shall return.

Wait a minute, if everyone else has posted, why can't I?
Here goes:

Rocky Balboa.  I am going to give it a Good rating.  I enjoyed the movie, I love Rocky.  If I'm talking out of 4 stars though, I'm giving it just shy of 3, 2 3/4.  My problems with the movie included the lightning-fast training period and a champ who I felt sorry for and had a hard time cheering against.  My highlights included the talking-to he gave that prick of a son he's got.  That was my favorite moment of the movie.  I also enjoyed Rocky's playful side.  Another favorite moment for me was Paulie's yelling at Rocky about moving on.  Yeah, he did it alot, but the part where he talked about Rocky treating her great, and he (Paulie) treating her terribly got to me.  I'm a pussy and had some tears there.   Cry
  I'm sure I've got more to say on it, but right now, that about sums it up.  May I add, I'm copyighting my screenplay for Rocky 7 where Rocky and Maria get together, Steps bulks up and follows in Rocky's footsteps, and the prick of a son gets jealous of step-mom and new bro-in-law who spends so much time with Rocky training.  beer

peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #103 on: December 24, 2006, 12:18:37 AM »

I dont think the champ was suppose to be an evil Villian.

I think Stallone was trying to get away from that. The movie was more about Rocky proving that age is a state of mind and  if you work hard enough, its never too late to do what u want to in life.

The champ he was fighting wasn't used in the role that Drago or Clubber were used.  I took it as more of a passing the torch kind of film. Like Mason Dixon was humble more like Rocky who got on the wrong path by listening to the wrong people but he went back to his old trainer in the end. His trainer was his Mick and he got back on the right path. That fight proved he had heart and wasn't some fake fighter who had no heart.

Both fighters won cause Rocky proved something to the world and himself, and also Mason Dixon proved that he was a real fighter with heart and class.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #104 on: December 24, 2006, 04:59:11 AM »

I'd like to post my review, but in so doing I guess it would be spoiling other folks' takes on the film.? I'll wait a bit and post then!

I very rarely see movies, so since it's the only movie I've seen this year, it's the best and the worst!? ?hihi

I shall return.

Here goes:

? Rocky Balboa.? I am going to give it a Good rating.? I enjoyed the movie, I love Rocky.? If I'm talking out of 4 stars though, I'm giving it just shy of 3, 2 3/4.? My problems with the movie included the lightning-fast training period and a champ who I felt sorry for and had a hard time cheering against.? My highlights included the talking-to he gave that prick of a son he's got.? That was my favorite moment of the movie.? I also enjoyed Rocky's playful side.? Another favorite moment for me was Paulie's yelling at Rocky about moving on.? Yeah, he did it alot, but the part where he talked about Rocky treating her great, and he (Paulie) treating her terribly got to me.? I'm a pussy and had some tears there.? ?Cry
? I'm sure I've got more to say on it, but right now, that about sums it up.? May I add, I'm copyighting my screenplay for Rocky 7 where Rocky and Maria get together, Steps bulks up and follows in Rocky's footsteps, and the prick of a son gets jealous of step-mom and new bro-in-law who spends so much time with Rocky training.? beer

peace

im with ya on most of your review, but the son is no longer a prick...remember?
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

Look at the lies Slash is leading

« Reply #105 on: December 24, 2006, 05:53:23 AM »

The movie is great..I mean..You can?t catch the glory of the first one, wich is a masterpiece...The scond one is boring, but you know it had to come..The fight rocks..The third one is to mutch 80?s..Hulk Hogan..Mr T..but still..Great fights..The fourth one is great because Dolph is in it.,.He?s from Sweden..The fifth one is not how a rocky - film should be..Rocky?s poor ?..NO

This one, i was really negative about..at the start..but Stallone really catches the moment..i don?t really know what to say..I saw it last night / this morning..But i can tell you one thing..It rocks !

Merry X - mas..see ya !

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #106 on: December 24, 2006, 09:40:51 AM »

I'd like to post my review, but in so doing I guess it would be spoiling other folks' takes on the film.? I'll wait a bit and post then!

I very rarely see movies, so since it's the only movie I've seen this year, it's the best and the worst!? ?hihi

I shall return.

Here goes:

? Rocky Balboa.? I am going to give it a Good rating.? I enjoyed the movie, I love Rocky.? If I'm talking out of 4 stars though, I'm giving it just shy of 3, 2 3/4.? My problems with the movie included the lightning-fast training period and a champ who I felt sorry for and had a hard time cheering against.? My highlights included the talking-to he gave that prick of a son he's got.? That was my favorite moment of the movie.? I also enjoyed Rocky's playful side.? Another favorite moment for me was Paulie's yelling at Rocky about moving on.? Yeah, he did it alot, but the part where he talked about Rocky treating her great, and he (Paulie) treating her terribly got to me.? I'm a pussy and had some tears there.? ?Cry
? I'm sure I've got more to say on it, but right now, that about sums it up.? May I add, I'm copyighting my screenplay for Rocky 7 where Rocky and Maria get together, Steps bulks up and follows in Rocky's footsteps, and the prick of a son gets jealous of step-mom and new bro-in-law who spends so much time with Rocky training.? beer

peace

im with ya on most of your review, but the son is no longer a prick...remember?

Yeah, but you must admit, he makes a pretty huuuge change mighty quickly.  I'm not trying to tear the movie apart because in my eyes it's a good movie, just not great.  For me, 2 3/4 stars is a good review.  btw, if Rocky wanted to pass the torch, waiting in the ring to give Mason more respect would have been nice. 

Like I said, I looooved Rocky finally letting his thoughts be known to his son Robert.  Rocky is that kind of character we will always love.  He's always doing the right thing in that he follows his heart.  Rocky is to me all that is good.  Material possessions don't mean a thing.  He's awesome.

Hey, did anybody else here during the movie see any parallels between Rocky and Axl?  I couldn't help but to think what Rocky did is something along the lines of Axl coming back years later.  Oh well, maybe it was just me.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #107 on: December 26, 2006, 01:23:49 AM »

Those thoughts crossed my mine too.  Especially a few hours before the show.  Wink

I can't believe they tore down the hockey/skating rink!  crying
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #108 on: December 26, 2006, 01:30:59 AM »

I still haven't seen the movie, maybe I will later in the week.  Cheesy
sandman
Legend

« Reply #109 on: December 26, 2006, 09:47:07 AM »

great movie. very enjoyable whether you're a die hard or not.

the main speech he gives his son about life hitting hard is incredible. and the way you hear it again during the flashback at the end was awesome.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #110 on: December 26, 2006, 12:48:58 PM »

I've been totally on the fence about seeing this movie or not.  All the positive comments and reviews have definitely pushed me over the line, though...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #111 on: December 26, 2006, 04:53:37 PM »

I've been totally on the fence about seeing this movie or not.? All the positive comments and reviews have definitely pushed me over the line, though...

See it, Trust me. It is fantastic.

Ive watched it 3 times.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Rocksteady
Rocker

Fist in the air in the land of hipocrisy

« Reply #112 on: January 01, 2007, 11:09:02 AM »

Great fucking movie, go see it! I have nothing else to say.

This   is   Democracy!!!
Brody
« Reply #113 on: January 02, 2007, 02:45:44 AM »

good flick!
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #114 on: January 02, 2007, 11:26:27 PM »

I loved this movie, everything about it was fantastic. Better than 3, 4 and way way way better than 5. Comes close to being as good as 2 but not quite. If you haven't seen it yet, what the hell are you doing sitting on your computer reading this post?!?!?! Get off your ass and see this movie!!!? smoking
« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 11:28:37 PM by High_times » Logged

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #115 on: January 03, 2007, 03:17:16 PM »

^ i would do but it isnt out here in the UK till the 19th January  Angry

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #116 on: January 06, 2007, 06:20:33 PM »

Saw this last night, fantastic movie. Can't wait to get this on dvd ok

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #117 on: January 06, 2007, 09:01:39 PM »

i saw it last night. one of the best movies i've seen in years. stallone ended it right. only slight complaint is how fast the training sequence was and the slow motion parts during the fight.
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #118 on: January 07, 2007, 12:04:52 PM »

I saw it and loved it.

I watch 3 or 4 films per week, old and new, and this is the best film Ive seen in years.

I think its perfect.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #119 on: January 07, 2007, 01:15:07 PM »

wow, 1 hour of nonsense ....
the 1st hour is SO BORING and repetitive and unoriginal.
i wanted to puke.
Smiley
the rest is bad too anyway Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: