Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 12:55:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  what happened?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: what happened?  (Read 5914 times)
chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« on: September 13, 2006, 09:05:19 PM »

I know this is the wrong section I do, but this is where the topic will get read. Has anyone else besides me noticed a great deal of babying going on on this website. Because I sure have. it seems to me that mods never positively contribute to a thread they always just make some snide comment about telling people to knock things off, and when they arent telling people to knock things off, they make some asshole sarcastic comment in threads, the only mod i see that regularly posts in the GNR section and says positive things is Christos, (if there are others that i cant think of Im sorry). Im gonna say, it grow up. This site was sooooo cool, like even just a year ago, but it seems since around the time the tour started everyones gotten so sensitive. This site still is the best GNR site online, but its getting worse and worse, because the mods are like dictators. and I know as soon as i post this some asshole is gonna be like, then why dont you leave? Im not leaving because there is loads of GNR news here and they are my favorite band, plus most users seem cool. I just really think the mods need to take it down a notch.

Move it to administrative and feedback if you must. Whatever.  confused

They just thought Id know better. Better.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 09:12:22 PM »

Theyre doing their job. They arent really going to sit around and discuss, speculate,etc. like the rest of us. If it wasn't for Jarmo and his mod team, this place would be absolute chaos. Dictators? I dont think so. If that were the case, Jarmo would have done mass bannings during that leak craze as an easy way to get things under control. Mods do add to the discussion, just not as much as everyone else(for reasons listed above and more). I see Will, Falcon, Ignatius, Jim, post on a regular basis, while ADZ, Pandora, Skeba,Sukie,etc. a little more sporadically.

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 09:30:23 PM »

I know this is the wrong section I do, but this is where the topic will get read. Has anyone else besides me noticed a great deal of babying going on on this website. Because I sure have. it seems to me that mods never positively contribute to a thread they always just make some snide comment about telling people to knock things off, and when they arent telling people to knock things off, they make some asshole sarcastic comment in threads, the only mod i see that regularly posts in the GNR section and says positive things is Christos, (if there are others that i cant think of Im sorry). Im gonna say, it grow up. This site was sooooo cool, like even just a year ago, but it seems since around the time the tour started everyones gotten so sensitive. This site still is the best GNR site online, but its getting worse and worse, because the mods are like dictators. and I know as soon as i post this some asshole is gonna be like, then why dont you leave? Im not leaving because there is loads of GNR news here and they are my favorite band, plus most users seem cool. I just really think the mods need to take it down a notch.

Move it to administrative and feedback if you must. Whatever.? confused

If you don't like it here you can always post at another forum.  I think that Jarmo and the mods do a fantastic job here.  It is hard to keep up with what almost 7000 people are typing about and they keep it pretty fair if you ask me.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 09:45:52 PM »

I get your point. But if it wasn't for the mods, this place would be a board just like the others. The fact that people actually respect each other is what makes the big difference here. And thank Jarmo, the mods and the rules for that.
PrettyTiedUp763
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 10:01:15 PM »

I get your point. But if it wasn't for the mods, this place would be a board just like the others. The fact that people actually respect each other is what makes the big difference here. And thank Jarmo, the mods and the rules for that.

I agree. They keep the forum organized and keep people on topic unlike some forums...
gun
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2006, 10:11:07 PM »

This Admin/mod team is one of the best I've ever seen.  I have been a member of several forums throughout the years (a couple I mod for myself) and this site is very well ran.  It's really hard to keep a good balance between rules and keeping a site's positive vibe rolling...this one does exceptionally well.   
Steel_Angel
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2006, 10:15:56 PM »

They keep the forum organized
oh yeah. very. you dont see stupid "does axl have kids?" threads and shit like that here. oh no. easily the best gnr board.
King Sand
Patron Saint of Dust N' Bones
Rocker

... And there was nothing left but a grain of Sand

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2006, 10:37:13 PM »

There has been a lot of bitching lately for some strange reason...  I don't come on this board to hear "GNR are playing too many shows" and "why don't they release ALL the tour dates at once" and "one of the tour dates hasn't sold out yet."  I come on here because I am excited about GNR and would like to hear other people who are equally excited.  Instead, I have to scroll through pages and pages of whining and bitching, all for no apparent reason. 
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 10:39:30 PM by King Sand » Logged

"Strange travel plans are dancing lessons from God." - Kurt Vonnegut
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2006, 10:45:55 PM »

Oh hush.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2006, 10:48:29 PM »

oh yeah. very. you dont see stupid "does axl have kids?" threads and shit like that here. oh no. easily the best gnr board.

Oh you know you want to see 50 threads about Botox, Axl's braids, the shoes he wore today, etc....

JK

Jarmo and Co. do an excellent job. ok
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2006, 10:49:49 PM »

Oh you know you want to see 50 threads about Botox, Axl's braids, the shoes he wore today, etc....

JK

Jarmo and Co. do an excellent job. ok

HTGTH is the best GN'R forum in the world.

MyGNRForum is a good forum to discuss other stuff but their GN'R section really sucks most of the time IMO. I prefer posting in My World or Anything Goes there.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2006, 10:55:20 PM »

This place has law and order.  And members respect each other here.  It's as close to a utopia as you can get.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2006, 07:05:52 AM »

it seems to me that mods never positively contribute to a thread they always just make some snide comment about telling people to knock things off, and when they arent telling people to knock things off, they make some asshole sarcastic comment in threads, the only mod i see that regularly posts in the GNR section and says positive things is Christos, (if there are others that i cant think of Im sorry).

Somebody has to tell the whiners that we don't need 90% whining threads on a fan forum.

I find it very hard to tap a person on the back after he/she starts a thread "They're playing too many shows" or "They need Slash back".

What do you expect the mod who've seen these threads for years to do? Give the poster a lollipop and say "great thread!"?

I'm trying to tell people to be positive for once, since we have more going on in the world of GN'R now than we've ever had, and yet you attack me for being negative. What the fuck?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2006, 08:56:30 AM »

It seems to me that mods never positively contribute to a thread they always just make some snide comment about telling people to knock things off, and when they arent telling people to knock things off, they make some asshole sarcastic comment in threads, the only mod i see that regularly posts in the GNR section and says positive things is Christos, (if there are others that i cant think of Im sorry).

The reason why I don't post all that much at the moment is.. Well. For me, there's not a whole lot going on. There's the US tour, which touches my life very little until it actually starts and we get to see what kind of sets they're playing. Another reason is that my school just started again, and I'm busy doing that.

I'm not going to post to another which guitarist is better, or why someone doesn't like the solos thread. And if I do, it most likely will be one of those sarcastic dumbass posts.

But I do post in the Nice Boys section.. It interests me.. I also post in the Jungle and the Bad Obsession when there are good threads (not a huge fan of the survivor threads or the usually any type of games that people start here). I try to be polite, when I see a reson for it. But if a thread is just outright stupid or it's just been posted to start shit, I'll usually end up saying something sarcastic (which I know, according to some - is the lowest form of comedy (unless it's Gandhi who says it. Wink ).

Don't know what to say here really.. sorry for not posting more positive posts?

btw. One thing I hate is when people start the post with "I know this doesn't belong here"... Unlike one might think, this is the section I usually check first or second right after the main section. I think it's important that feedback is given so that the people running the board can a) change their methods, or in most cases b) explain why a certain action has been taken or a certain methor is being used.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2006, 09:41:20 AM »

He posted it in the GN'R section first until I moved it.

Imagine, he posts it in the wrong section, knowing it's in the wrong section, and then complains about moderators being negative.  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2006, 11:03:46 AM »

Somebody has to tell the whiners that we don't need 90% whining threads on a fan forum.

Maybe you could put a thread in as a 'sticky' in the 'Guns N Roses' section and just call it "ALL WHINING AND COMPLAINING GOES HERE" and just let posters rant about whatever they want and leave it go.? hihi I suppose you may not want that on your fan site, but it might alleviate the complaints within the legitmate threads.

Just a thought..

chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2006, 04:53:23 PM »

He posted it in the GN'R section first until I moved it.

Imagine, he posts it in the wrong section, knowing it's in the wrong section, and then complains about moderators being negative.? Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Not once did i say that mods were negative. .

I said you (in particular) are overly sarcastic in many of your posts.

If you don't like it here you can always post at another forum. I think that Jarmo and the mods do a fantastic job here. It is hard to keep up with what almost 7000 people are typing about and they keep it pretty fair if you ask me.

i swear to god i knew someone would say that, i was just asking why everyone is so protective about what people say. This forum is great, I had an opinion i wanted to voice it. that is what you do ona message board. 

They just thought Id know better. Better.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2006, 05:40:46 PM »

I can be sarcastic when dealing with people who are unable to be positive about anything in the GN'R world.

Many of them post in the GN'R section and as I said, I don't feel like I have to be nice to these people who only seem to whine, bitch and moan about stuff....

/jarmo

Im4MeNotU
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2006, 08:26:53 PM »

Posted on: September 14, 2006, 05:40:46 PMPosted by: jarmo?

I can be sarcastic when dealing with people who are unable to be positive about anything in the GN'R world

Yeah, /jarmo can be very sarcastic and smart mouthed. he has absolutely nothing to add to conversations, except to degrade peoples oppinions.? he thinks "Who ever Doesn't like the New GN'R is a fuckin moron". /jarmo is a disgrace to all the mods here, HE should be banned. He's a Foul mouthed PUNK!
END of STORY!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2006, 08:31:38 PM »

Yeah, /jarmo can be very sarcastic and smart mouthed. he has absolutely nothing to add to conversations, except to degrade peoples oppinions.  he thinks "Who ever Doesn't like the New GN'R is a fuckin moron". /jarmo is a disgrace to all the mods here, HE should be banned. He's a Foul mouthed PUNK!
END of STORY!

Didn't I tell you to come back tomorrow?

Don't put words into my mouth. I never said that.

Anybody who thinks I said that is a fucking moron.  ok

/jarmo

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: