Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 02, 2024, 06:58:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227983 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  GNR ARE ON TOUR SELLING OUT VENUES in the US!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR ARE ON TOUR SELLING OUT VENUES in the US!!!  (Read 23412 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2006, 10:53:01 AM »

You asked what the point of the band is if they won't release the album and play the new songs live.

I gave you an answer that indicates they will play the new songs live.

But that's not good either?  Roll Eyes

I bet Axl meant there'll be more new songs once the album is out or close to being out.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2006, 11:45:54 AM »

You asked what the point of the band is if they won't release the album and play the new songs live.

But that's not good either?
Yea they are playing some new songs live. But if they continue to play more new songs they the album wont be a surprise.

I bet Axl meant there'll be more new songs once the album is out or close to being out.....
Im sure thats what he meant too. Which gives m hope that he is actually serious about releasing the album before the end of the year. Otherwise it wouldnt make sense to emabark on another tour without an album..

my only point is that its time for this band to move in its own direction. Of course any1 attending these shows will have probably seen the best concert of there life. You cant go wrong with this setlist there playing. But with that being said its time for the new chapter of GNR. And that doesnt even mean they have to ditch the old set. They can Play a CD set while still incorporating some of the classics.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2006, 11:50:22 AM »

But that's not good either?? Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Jarmo, the time for blindly defending Axl's every word has passed. ?Put up or shut up. ?So far, he has only put up (depending on what shows you went to) what was leaked anyway. ?How many times has he said the album is coming out? ?Didn't someone say the album would be out by summer time? ?Now we are in fall. ?Now there is no promotion for this tour.. They should have already announced every city they are coming to so that it would build excitement and anticipation. ?Not a random date every few days. ?There is zero talk about GNR in the US. ?Period. ?No album. Talk. ?I hope Axl isn't just milking this GNR thing for every nickel he can get just because he is too scared to release his masterpiece. ?I mean, he has been touring under the assumption of a new album for the last 6 years.... ?Isn't that kind of disturbing? ?Does anyone other then myself almost consider that unethical? ?My God, There have been probably 100 shows with the new lineup and not one of them is in support of a new album.. ?I don't think and album is coming out anytime soon... Why should he? ?He can always just tour Europe and make millions....
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2006, 11:56:44 AM »

But that's not good either?
Yea they are playing some new songs live. But if they continue to play more new songs they the album wont be a surprise.

Im sure thats what he meant too. Which gives m hope that he is actually serious about releasing the album before the end of the year. Otherwise it wouldnt make sense to emabark on another tour without an album..

my only point is that its time for this band to move in its own direction. Of course any1 attending these shows will have probably seen the best concert of there life. You cant go wrong with this setlist there playing. But with that being said its time for the new chapter of GNR. And that doesnt even mean they have to ditch the old set. They can Play a CD set while still incorporating some of the classics.

Younggunner, I am with you on this....  We all know that the shows are bad ass..  But if I see them again, it will be the 4th time seeing the same thing... And I will have a good time, but when will this band ever shine.....  What are Axl's real intentions?  How much cash do you think he is making right now off touring?  We just don't know Axl's True desire anymore..  I just don't think he really wants "it" anymore... I think he is happy with just touring and making some money every few years...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2006, 12:08:52 PM »

Jarmo, the time for blindly defending Axl's every word has passed. ?Put up or shut up. ?So far, he has only put up (depending on what shows you went to) what was leaked anyway. ?How many times has he said the album is coming out? ?Didn't someone say the album would be out by summer time? ?

Oh for fuck's sake.

Poor little baby. "Somebody" told you the album was coming in the summer.

Axl himself said "this year".

Time after time after time the whiners keep going on and on about stuff said in the past even though there's more recent interviews. Aren't you gonna bring up something he said in 2002 now?

Nobody's forcing any of you fucking whiners to be here. If being a GN'R fan is that stressful (they play the wrong songs, they play too many shows, they don't say this at that time, they won't play this awards show, they won't do that), why don't you just leave and concentrate on something that makes you happy? I personally couldn't be a fan of a band that makes me feel so negative all the fucking time. How the hell do you manage?

Plenty of us are excited that GN'R are touring and excited about playing in front of their fans. We remember 1995, 1997, 1998 or 2003. Seems like many of you don't!

To some of you the most exciting year in the band's history since 1993 isn't good enough. No, you want them to be on time, play the songs you want them to play, you want certain people in the band, you want them to be cool...

Why don't you write your wishlist to Santa Axl and post it in the Dead Horse section. Name the thread "My dream GN'R world" by Smoking Guns. Maybe then you and the rest of the whiners can move into that thread and spend your days dreaming of that reunion fantasy and all those albums they should've released to make you happy. You know, the albums with your songs on them so you'd know they're good enough for you.

After all, we know the idea of an artist is to supply people with what the people want. To hell with the idea of creating something that you believe in and makes you proud.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
madagas
« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2006, 12:24:00 PM »

Jarmo gettin' feisty beer Guys and gals, I think it is time to quit the debating and petty grievances. It is pretty clear that Axl is going to do what he wants-when he wants. I don't agree with everything he does but it is useless to argue. He is a big boy and will be held responsible for whatever happens. It looks like this is a huge tour so let's just roll with it and let the chips fall where they may. Hopefully, one of them falls in Hotlanta! peace
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2006, 12:25:05 PM »

I look forward to fianlly meeting some of you in Vegas...will any of you be there Saturday night?  I would expect this show to be sold out by Sat.

The Saturday show is officially SOLD OUT!!!  They just released the anti-scalper hold back tickets today!!

ARGH, for the second time, Ticketmaster doesn't release "anti-scalper" tickets!!!  but they do release extra tickets once the stage is in and they can see what 'extra' seats can now be sold that have at least some view.  The released seats are usually on the side of the stage or, in some cases, right in front of the stage.  but it has nothing to do with scalpers.

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2006, 12:26:28 PM »

Jarmo, the time for blindly defending Axl's every word has passed. ?Put up or shut up. ?So far, he has only put up (depending on what shows you went to) what was leaked anyway. ?How many times has he said the album is coming out? ?Didn't someone say the album would be out by summer time? ?

Oh for fuck's sake.

Poor little baby. "Somebody" told you the album was coming in the summer.

Axl himself said "this year".

Time after time after time the whiners keep going on and on about stuff said in the past even though there's more recent interviews. Aren't you gonna bring up something he said in 2002 now?

Nobody's forcing any of you fucking whiners to be here. If being a GN'R fan is that stressful (they play the wrong songs, they play too many shows, they don't say this at that time, they won't play this awards show, they won't do that), why don't you just leave and concentrate on something that makes you happy? I personally couldn't be a fan of a band that makes me feel so negative all the fucking time. How the hell do you manage?

Plenty of us are excited that GN'R are touring and excited about playing in front of their fans. We remember 1995, 1997, 1998 or 2003. Seems like many of you don't!

To some of you the most exciting year in the band's history since 1993 isn't good enough. No, you want them to be on time, play the songs you want them to play, you want certain people in the band, you want them to be cool...

Why don't you write your wishlist to Santa Axl and post it in the Dead Horse section. Name the thread "My dream GN'R world" by Smoking Guns. Maybe then you and the rest of the whiners can move into that thread and spend your days dreaming of that reunion fantasy and all those albums they should've released to make you happy. You know, the albums with your songs on them so you'd know they're good enough for you.

After all, we know the idea of an artist is to supply people with what the people want. To hell with the idea of creating something that you believe in and makes you proud.....

/jarmo

Wasn't that somebody Axl? ?Wasn't he the one that said the album should be out in summer? ?Or was that Mr. Merk? ?Jarmo, why do you jump down my throat for stating an opinion the majority feel. ?If you "read" my two posts, you will see that I will be at the shows.. I want what is best for GNR, you my friend, beleive in letting everything happen they way Axl wants it too. ?If that were the case you may still be waiting on UYI... ?Like I have said before, Guns N Roses need a head coach, a leader... Right now all they have is Terrell Owens - Axl Rose.. ?He is not really a leader right now. ?He doesn't seem to have any "plan" or clue as to what the fuck is going on. ?But, I think that is where he is genius.... He has saps like us that will beleive whatever the fuck he says as he blames everyone else for his fucking problems... I know you call him an Artist, so do what artists do and put out some god damn art. ?This Sisteen Chappel was painted in less time then this god damn album. ?Now you tell me which one is the masterpiece. ?So shut the fuck up. ?The time is now. ?This is his moment. ?His handlers are fucking worse then Mike Tyson's. ?For fucks sake, I am sick of the god damn excuses and for being pinned a whiner or a hater. ?I am a fan, a fucking fan. ?That cares a lot for the name GNR and I realize it is bigger then anyone one person. ?I want GNR to be the best it can be.. Don't you? ?Sometimes what you are doing may actually be wrong. ?Maybe it is time for Axl to change... ?Make and adjustment. ?He is not perfect. ?I hope the album comes out... ?But to beleive it is coming out soon is foolish until more information states otherwise.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2006, 12:31:18 PM »

/jarmo

Oh give me a fucking break....  You said that in 2002 and 2001... Quit beating a dead horse...  Every year GNR plays is the most exciting since 1993... How can't it be?  What a stupid comment...  I can't beleive you attacked so bad. I guess you can, its your forum.. Heaven forbid a disagreement..  Fuck me.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2006, 12:32:49 PM »

Sometimes what you are doing may actually be wrong. ?Maybe it is time for Axl to change... ?Make and adjustment. ?He is not perfect. ?

Don't you see? That's what Axl is doing. That's why you don't have an album yet. ?hihi

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2006, 12:34:26 PM »

Sometimes what you are doing may actually be wrong. ?Maybe it is time for Axl to change... ?Make and adjustment. ?He is not perfect. ?

Don't you see? That's what Axl is doing. That's why you don't have an album yet. ?hihi

Ha! Good one..  This thread is tired... Lock this one up... 
madagas
« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2006, 12:40:25 PM »

No keep it open....good scuffle going on here.....and to add fuel to the fire....Go LSU! Grin
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2006, 12:45:12 PM »

Fuck this!!  Those LSU you going down this weekend!  Nothing will stop the National Title Run Auburn is going to try and make only to go undefeated and by shut out by Ohio St. and USC again.. Fuck!  SEC has no luck.  I will be at the game.. Will you madgas?
madagas
« Reply #73 on: September 14, 2006, 12:48:04 PM »

No...I went to UGA. Auburn's been a thorn in our ass lately. ok
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2006, 12:49:29 PM »

Wasn't that somebody Axl? ?Wasn't he the one that said the album should be out in summer? ?Or was that Mr. Merk?

Axl said "fall" on radio in May and then he said "this year" on MTV in August.
 ?

I am a fan, a fucking fan. ?That cares a lot for the name GNR and I realize it is bigger then anyone one person. ?I want GNR to be the best it can be.. Don't you? ?Sometimes what you are doing may actually be wrong. ?Maybe it is time for Axl to change... ?Make and adjustment. ?He is not perfect. ?

You, and others like you, seem to care only to the point where it's good for you. Regarding if that's what the band members themselves want. What's good for GN'R is fine as long as it's the same thing that's good for you...

Yes, I believe in an artist's right to decide when he/she wants the public to hear/see their art.

If Axl, or any other artists, thinks this isn't the time, I respect that.

I hope the album comes out...  But to believe it is coming out soon is foolish until more information states otherwise.

You've heard him confirm the plan to release the album this year just two weeks ago, and yet you keep whining. You won't even try to be optimistic.

What happens when they announce the release date? Maybe it'll be the wrong day.... Maybe the album will have too few tracks? Maybe the cover art will suck... Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #75 on: September 14, 2006, 01:01:13 PM »

Wasn't that somebody Axl? ?Wasn't he the one that said the album should be out in summer? ?Or was that Mr. Merk?

Axl said "fall" on radio in May and then he said "this year" on MTV in August.
 ?

I am a fan, a fucking fan. ?That cares a lot for the name GNR and I realize it is bigger then anyone one person. ?I want GNR to be the best it can be.. Don't you? ?Sometimes what you are doing may actually be wrong. ?Maybe it is time for Axl to change... ?Make and adjustment. ?He is not perfect. ?

You, and others like you, seem to care only to the point where it's good for you. Regarding if that's what the band members themselves want. What's good for GN'R is fine as long as it's the same thing that's good for you...

Yes, I believe in an artist's right to decide when he/she wants the public to hear/see their art.

If Axl, or any other artists, thinks this isn't the time, I respect that.

I hope the album comes out...? But to believe it is coming out soon is foolish until more information states otherwise.

You've heard him confirm the plan to release the album this year just two weeks ago, and yet you keep whining. You won't even try to be optimistic.

What happens when they announce the release date? Maybe it'll be the wrong day.... Maybe the album will have too few tracks? Maybe the cover art will suck... Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Jarmo, it is fall now.. Fall is Sept, Oct., Nov.....  It is here.  So should be soon.  Just haven't seen any promotion yet.  There is not a definate date yet, still may be end of year, I really don't think he knows yet.  GNR doesn't apply to me, but it is sad to watch him miss one opportunity after another... I feel his manager is partly to blame for a lot of this because he doesn't advise him really well.  I want nothing but great things for GNR, does everything look great to you with your rose colored lenses on?  I mean really?  Slow ticket sales, no word of album, no new song on radio, same setlist almost from 2002....  In 1991, promotion was huge with YCBM Video and lead up tour to a release... Not the same vibe.  If I am his manager, I am putting Axl in the right places at the right time to make GNR successful again.  You see, you, nor I, know what Axl wants.  So for us to speculate on that is foolish.  But we all know what we want.  I won't complain one bit when the album comes out...  I will be so excited.  You see, I don't have an "agenda" like you claim by saying what they want is fine as long as "I" want it.  That is not true.  Its obvious the members want the album out, or they would not have been talking about it for the past 6 years..  They are so proud of the contributions.  We all know its not about what Robin, or Richard wants... It is all up to Axl.  Everything.  He just makes a lot of dumbass decisions in regard to how he handles his own band... They are still a band yes, but things could be a lot better now...  You know it and I know it...
King Sand
Patron Saint of Dust N' Bones
Rocker

... And there was nothing left but a grain of Sand

« Reply #76 on: September 14, 2006, 01:03:56 PM »

The attitudes of some people!!!  Just plain strange!!!  I don't understand how fans can simply demand things from artists.  The artist creates something (a song, a book...) and gives it to the public.  Its a gift.. Don't take it for granted.  But people just WANT and WANT and WANT....  I hope Axl takes as long as he wants... Hell, the public WAITED 30 YEARS for Brian Wilson to release SMILE...  Wilson released it when he felt it was done.  I don't care if it takes another decade for CD to come out...  The myth is now a part of ROCK LEGEND...  There is nothing else like it...  It would almost be a dissapointment if the album did come out, good or bad.  There is a lot on Axl's shoulders as an artist concerning this album.  Why can't people just wait...  This is his GIFT to us as fans...  HE DOESN'T OWE YOU ANYTHING... He will release it when its done.  I do want to hear this album, but only when its done...  I don't care how long it takes...  I'm not blindly following Axl... I'm defending ALL ARTISTS out there who are taken for granted and are attacked by greedy and unappreciative "fans"...
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 01:09:35 PM by King Sand » Logged

"Strange travel plans are dancing lessons from God." - Kurt Vonnegut
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2006, 01:06:17 PM »

I think that jarmo is totally right!
People come here and talking about stupid things?
I exceot in future,people will come here and talkning about(how axl have a bad teeth,or  something else)
Fuckers,just watching rar show,and everything else is so vlear

this new band are perfect band

I have never seen so many tree
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2006, 01:09:22 PM »

Jarmo, it is fall now.. Fall is Sept, Oct., Nov.....? It is here.? So should be soon.? Just haven't seen any promotion yet.? There is not a definate date yet, still may be end of year, I really don't think he knows yet.?

So because it's September 14th, it's time to get pessimistic about the release?

He said "this year". You could include December in your list of months.  ok

I think we're closer to a release than we've been before. But I'm not obsessed about it. Instead I'm looking forward to reading the reviews from people going to Vegas this weekend.

/jarmo

Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2006, 01:15:59 PM »

Jarmo, it is fall now.. Fall is Sept, Oct., Nov.....? It is here.? So should be soon.? Just haven't seen any promotion yet.? There is not a definate date yet, still may be end of year, I really don't think he knows yet.?

So because it's September 14th, it's time to get pessimistic about the release?

He said "this year". You could include December in your list of months.? ok

I think we're closer to a release than we've been before. But I'm not obsessed about it. Instead I'm looking forward to reading the reviews from people going to Vegas this weekend.

/jarmo

Yeah no shit!!!....Saturday is the first warmup show people...and then it is going to snowball from there.....get pumped up...not bummed out....  peace

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: