Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 03:57:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Montreal school shooting
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Montreal school shooting  (Read 5091 times)
Neemo
Legend

« on: September 14, 2006, 08:37:07 AM »

This is really fucked up crying nervous

MONTREAL (AFP) - Panicked students at a Montreal college were trampled underfoot in a mad rush to escape a gunman who killed a young woman and wounded 19 other people, witnesses have said, the day after the shooting.
SEP 13, 2006 

"There were moments of panic," said police spokesman Ian Lafreniere on Thursday.

As police investigators combed the crime scene at Dawson college, survivors of the killing spree recalled the confusion and terror within school walls as the gunman opened fire.

One witness, Michel Boyer, "saw the gunman who was dressed in black and at that time he was shooting at people. It was probably one of the most frightening moments of my life," he told CTV television.

"We were in class waiting for police because we didn't want to venture outside. Then we were evacuated," student Elizabeth told Radio-Canada television, shaking with nervousness and speaking in a mixture of French and English.

"The police gave us the signal, they told us to get out and run quickly. "We heard (gunfire) for 45 minutes. It lasted a very long time," she said.

Hours after the shooting, groups of students still shocked by the incident sat near the police perimeter surrounding the campus, hugging each other for comfort.

Canadian authorities Thursday were still wondering what drove a yet unidentified 25-year-old man to his shooting rampage through the English-language university preparatory school before he was surrounded and shot to death by police.

Montreal police director Yvan Delorme said there were no indications the shooting was an act of terrorism or motivated by racism. He said the gunman acted alone.

"We were in class. We heard gunshots, a couple of gunshots. We heard a bunch of girls yelling," student Daniel Harrosh, 17, told AFP.

"I opened the door, I saw a bunch of people running, I closed it, then the teacher came. He locked the door and then said something major was going on in the other room. At a certain point, the lights went off. We heard several gunshots, a dozen maybe," Harrosh said.

Student Roxanne Michaud, 19, told AFP that she locked herself into a classroom with four other students and two professors for two and a half hours when the shooting began.

"We listened to the radio and checked the Internet to find out what was happening," she said. "We couldn't call anyone because the portable telephones did not work."

Police later set up emergency telephone lines to keep families informed.

Some 400 people were evacuated to nearby Concordia University, where they given food and sheltered inside the students' union.

Scores of police shut down the entire area around Dawson college, disrupting traffic in central Montreal.

Three hours after the shooting, police were still searching room-to-room in the college for any other suspect that might have gotten away.

Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper described the incident as "a cowardly and senseless act of violence."

He added: "Our thoughts and prayers are with the injured and their loved ones, and to the students and staff of the college who are all victims of this terrible tragedy."

Montreal Mayor Gerald Tremblay described the incident as a "very unhappy event," but also one that was "isolated."

Quebec Premier Jean Charest said that the whole province was "distressed" by news, and expressed "deep sorrow for the victims, the families, (and) for the parents who have children studying at Dawson."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060914/wl_canada_afp/canadaschoolshooting_060914111757

zosobob6
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 10:55:13 AM »

its always sad to see things like this.   and of course the media are already blaming heavy metal and video games. no

i wonder what it really was that made this guy go off. 
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 11:10:43 AM »

Dont get me wrong but sometimes people do this to get attention, not because they feel lonely or they are screw up in the head, but just to be "cool" I think the whole world is a mess  no

No man can be my equal
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 11:12:27 AM »

well he's dead so attention don't matter too much...the news is using the old stand by angry teenager...apparently he posted on a goth forum and it has "very violent subject matter" likethe internet made him fucked up Roll Eyes

Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 11:21:07 AM »

Well he got attention while he was living I think thats all he cared for, then he decided to die just because he achieve his goal. Well, im taking wild guess here Im not a shrink or stuff but sometimes you just want to hurt anybody just for pleasure, i dont know if this is also the case

No man can be my equal
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006, 07:39:28 PM »

Go to News.Google.com and type in "Kimveer Gill" and look at all the articles...

It's really sad. What's disturbing is how many similar profiles I've seen on Internet message boards. Unfortunately with something like this the media makes it seem like anyone similar to this guy would go out and do this type of thing. Example: one article says "His favorite movie was Natural Born Killers." Okay. But it doesn't mention the guy was too stupid to realize NBK was a satirical statement against violence and the media's fascination with it.

Oh well. I'm curious to read his blog entries but I believe they've been removed already. If anyone finds a link to it please post it here, I'm curious.

What a stupid fool he was.  no
MCT
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2006, 07:45:32 PM »

Internet "goth" geek goes on rampage killing spree...

That bastard.
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2006, 07:59:12 PM »

It's really sad. What's disturbing is how many similar profiles I've seen on Internet message boards. Unfortunately with something like this the media makes it seem like anyone similar to this guy would go out and do this type of thing. Example: one article says "His favorite movie was Natural Born Killers." Okay. But it doesn't mention the guy was too stupid to realize NBK was a satirical statement against violence and the media's fascination with it.

Tell me about it!  I had to write an essay on that in year 10, Natural Born Killers was used as an example cause the characters got away at the end.  Some kid killed his parents and blamed the film.

I hadn't heard anything about this story.
axlslover
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2006, 09:19:37 PM »

another sick fuck loose with a damn gun. soo sad Cry
spacebrain5000
Rocker

feelin' like a space brain one more time tonight..

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2006, 09:37:52 PM »

It happened in Montreal. Which is like an hour away from where I live. Around here, the papers are cluttered with this story- 7 full pages today in the newspaper.
It's really shockuing, sad, depressing and scary. Senseless violence.
Impossible to comprehend.

robots.
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2006, 01:10:45 AM »

Tell me about it!  I had to write an essay on that in year 10, Natural Born Killers was used as an example cause the characters got away at the end.  Some kid killed his parents and blamed the film.

I hadn't heard anything about this story.

People who blame film, videogames or other forms of entertainment have no one but themselves to blame. Parents who sue videogame retailers are idiots. "Well, we let our kid buy a mature-rated game, and let him sit in his bedroom alone all day on his computer and playing the videogame, and we let him listen to death metal 24/7, and we knew he was doing drugs and had no friends and never talked to us...but it's your fault!"

It's called parenting. Likewise, for adults, there's such a thing as self-control. ANYTHING is bad if it's not taken in moderation.

Natural Born Killers was a satire about the media's fascination with violence. This stupid asshole who killed that girl the other day also shaved his head into a mohawk to replicate Taxi Driver's De Niro character, Travis Bickle.

TAXI DRIVER WAS NOT a glorification of violence! It was a condemnation! Yet these people who are so absorbed with violence see these films and focus only on the violent aspects, not staying tuned to hear the moral at the end.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2006, 04:40:29 AM »

It blows my mind that stuff like this actually happens... and it just encourages copy-cats too.  So much senseless violence.  I was right in the area just a week ago.  no
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2006, 05:05:07 AM »

news like this make me want to get a gun of my own.

Tho with my luck when I'd fire back I'd prolly be charged of murder.

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2006, 08:19:11 AM »

Sounds like a cool idea! As everyone knows, the more guns there are, the less violence there is.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2006, 08:36:16 AM »

as of this morning only 4 victims remain in critical condition...2 were upgraded to stable

Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2006, 09:52:33 AM »

Sounds like a cool idea! As everyone knows, the more guns there are, the less violence there is.

yeah well, you would think twice shooting at me if I can return fire, now wouldn't you?

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2006, 10:10:55 AM »

yeah well, you would think twice shooting at me if I can return fire, now wouldn't you?

the dude claimed on a blog that he wanted to die in a gunfight so I'd guess no in this instance...

how bout less guns as an answer instead rant

Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2006, 12:42:22 PM »

the guy had the balls

everyone wants to walk into their highschool and start a masacre...
but most people are wimps, so they end up not doing it Cry

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2006, 12:55:00 PM »

lucky your messed up...

I wouldn't call it balls....I'd call it a screw loose Undecided

Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2006, 12:59:49 PM »

he was misunderstood Grin

jk

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: