Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 05:05:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  funny gnr related stat on espn.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: funny gnr related stat on espn.  (Read 4119 times)
dman1991
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: September 19, 2006, 12:39:30 PM »

Last time the mets won a division title was in 1988, the number one song at the time, sweet child baby!  now someone is gonna tell me how useless this post was or to put it in another thread, but who cares!
zakas80
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 12:52:25 PM »

its kinda useless, but im a HUGE Ny METS fan!!  Was great to watch them celebrate after the game.  This will be a great fall if we finally get Chinese Democracy & a Mets World Series!!  beer

Its what used to be's not there for me
And oughta find someone that belonged insane like i do
dman1991
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 01:01:51 PM »

its kinda useless, but im a HUGE Ny METS fan!!  Was great to watch them celebrate after the game.  This will be a great fall if we finally get Chinese Democracy & a Mets World Series!!  beer
haha, well at least someone appreciated it, big tigers fan here, maybe well see eachother in october!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006, 01:06:35 PM »

its kinda useless, but im a HUGE Ny METS fan!!? Was great to watch them celebrate after the game.? This will be a great fall if we finally get Chinese Democracy & a Mets World Series!!? beer

Gotta be a Subway Series. Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
TheRaven
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2006, 01:13:40 PM »

its kinda useless, but im a HUGE Ny METS fan!!? Was great to watch them celebrate after the game.? This will be a great fall if we finally get Chinese Democracy & a Mets World Series!!? beer

Gotta be a Subway Series. Smiley
BORING!!! Let's see a team that hasn't been there in a while and isn't top in the AL or NL in payroll (both NY teams are tops in their respective leagues. The payroll of the Yankees isn't even funny). Back on topic, this ESPN "stat" barely has any relevance to the GN'R world. Did ESPN even mention SCOM? Or was that your inference? Can you provide a link to the article so we can read about it?

Raven
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2006, 01:28:31 PM »

Twins

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2006, 01:31:16 PM »

I'd like to know on average how many times per year Welcome to the Jungle is played at sporting events...
Ceely4
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2006, 01:38:19 PM »

Tom Glavine's "entrance music" (Played before the 1st inning of his starts) is SCOM. If all goes well I should be rocking out to it in the second game of the division series.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2006, 01:44:02 PM »

[
BORING!!! Let's see a team that hasn't been there in a while and isn't top in the AL or NL in payroll (both NY teams are tops in their respective leagues. The payroll of the Yankees isn't even funny). Back on topic, this ESPN "stat" barely has any relevance to the GN'R world. Did ESPN even mention SCOM? Or was that your inference? Can you provide a link to the article so we can read about it?

Raven

Off topic, I know, but....

I hear this sort of grumbling every year from those that are not Yanks fans (or, rather, hate the pinstripes). ?Here's my problem with the statement: ?If the Yanks aren't in the WS, the ratings tank like nobody's business. ?So, while people bemoan that they want "someone different" in the WS, when that "someone different" actually shows up (ie: Chicago and the Astro's last year), nobody actually cares enough to watch the games.

And you can bemoan payroll disparity til you're blue in the face but the fact is....nobody in MLB cares. ?Because the Yanks pay enough in luxury tax/payroll taxes to keep all the owners very happy. ?Ditto, pretty much, with the Mets. ?Since when did it become a crime to be successful because you're willing to pay top dollar for top talent? ?Hell, that's what the Heat did getting Shaq. It's what Detroit, Dallas, Pittsburgh, and St. Louis do in the NHL (and what the Rangers TRY to do). ?It's what big business does every day.

Together again,
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2006, 01:51:57 PM »

Back on topic, this ESPN "stat" barely has any relevance to the GN'R world. Did ESPN even mention SCOM? Or was that your inference? Can you provide a link to the article so we can read about it?

Raven

I think he's saying that is the direct quote he saw on Sportscenter: "Last time the mets won a division title was in 1988, the number one song at the time, sweet child baby!"

They makes historical references like that alot, probably Stuart Scott.
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2006, 01:54:28 PM »

Yeah, I'm a HUGE Mets fan as well and last night was a lot of fun watching them celebrate.....It is turning out to be a great year w/ Chinese Democracy, GNR tour, The Mets and hopefully a subway series.....the rest of the country doesn't want the subway series but fuck em'...I want another crack at the team with the 5 ZILLION DOLLAR PAYROLL.... yes

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2006, 01:54:50 PM »

Twins

The Twins are a nice story. ?But without Liriano's arm, and with Radke's arm questionable, even if he returns...they're going to have a tough time against a team like the Yankees or Oakland. ?I think they might win their division, more because of Detroit's total collapse than anything else, but they're gonna have a tough time getting to the series, I think. ?If I had to pick any AL team OTHER than the Yanks to do it, the Twins would be my sentimental choice. ?I'm just not sure they have the HEALTHY tools in the toolbelt to do it. ?I mean...the Yanks took 2 of 3 in NYC (and, as things stand, the Yanks would have Home field)...though neither team was at the top of their rotation (with the exception of Garza's start).

Together again,
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2006, 01:57:30 PM »

Twins

The Twins are a nice story. ?But without Liriano's arm, and with Radke's arm questionable, even if he returns...they're going to have a tough time against a team like the Yankees or Oakland. ?I think they might win their division, more because of Detroit's total collapse than anything else, but they're gonna have a tough time getting to the series, I think. ?If I had to pick any AL team OTHER than the Yanks to do it, the Twins would be my sentimental choice. ?I'm just not sure they have the HEALTHY tools in the toolbelt to do it. ?I mean...the Yanks took 2 of 3 in NYC (and, as things stand, the Yanks would have Home field)...though neither team was at the top of their rotation (with the exception of Garza's start).

The only team in the AL that can beat the Yanks in a playoff series are the Twins.....That starting rotation and their bullpen is ridiculous....

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2006, 02:10:49 PM »

The only team in the AL that can beat the Yanks in a playoff series are the Twins.....That starting rotation and their bullpen is ridiculous....

Against the rest of the AL? Yes, I agree.

Against the Yanks, who match up particularly well with the Twins Bullpen....they've been, at best, ordinary.? In 3 games, their ERA is about a 6.80.? Not great.? Their starting pitching CAN be impressive  (well, Santana is lights out..but OTHER than him), but the only real playoff starter the Yanks have seen (Garza) they roughed up quickly.? From what I've seen of the Twins (both bullpen and starting rotation) is that they have the most trouble against really patient hitters who will go deep into counts.? That's the very definition of the Yanks.

Anyway...we should continue this conversation in "Fun and Games"...here:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=32200.280

I LOVE talkin' baseball. Smiley
« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 02:14:54 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2006, 02:11:47 PM »

Twins win twins

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
juicy swoos
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2006, 02:52:29 PM »

I agree.  TwinswinTwinswinTwinwinwinTwinTwinwin...
gnrvrrule
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2006, 03:17:53 PM »

Let's go Yanks!!!!  Although for now at least, congrats to Willie (always a true Yankee) and company.
flickn
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2006, 03:20:49 PM »

Until the oakland A's beat them ..

YAY BABY !!!
Better
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2006, 03:24:29 PM »

we all know that the yanks will eat everyone. you all have no chance. its yanks all the way

All that i wanted was...
Now I know you better
you know i know better
know I, know you better!
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2006, 03:49:34 PM »

Until the oakland A's beat them ..

YAY BABY !!!

yeah, um......twins

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL