Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 04:18:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Richard Hammond Top Gear Presenter in Critical Condition after Crash
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Richard Hammond Top Gear Presenter in Critical Condition after Crash  (Read 7542 times)
anythinggoes
« on: September 20, 2006, 05:21:20 PM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/north_yorkshire/5365676.stm

Top Gear presenter Richard Hammond is in a critical condition in hospital after a crash in a jet-powered car while filming for the programme.
The presenter, 36, was taken by air ambulance to Leeds General Infirmary which has a special neurological unit.

A North Yorkshire Ambulance Service spokesman said he was unconscious when they got to the scene and a hospital spokesman described him as "critical".

The Top Gear shoot was under way at Elvington airfield in north Yorkshire.

The airfield is a former RAF base.

He has brought an awful lot to the programme

Quentin Wilson, former Top Gear presenter

Inspector Mike Thompson, of North Yorkshire Police said: "At 5.45pm this evening we received a report via the fire service of a male person trapped in what was described as an overturned jet car which had been driven on the airfield.

"The male occupant has received serious injuries and has been airlifted to hospital at Leeds."

Former Top Gear presenter Quentin Wilson said the presenter was "irreplaceable".

He said: "He is a wonderful, unique and distinctive Top Gear presenter.

"He has brought an awful lot to the programme and his indefatigable energy, the fact that he tries absolutely anything once, may have been the reason that he has overstepped the mark a bit.

"He has turned Top Gear into a gang show with Jeremy and James and the three of them have wowed audiences all over the world and he is an international personality."

The presenter was born in Birmingham, educated in Yorkshire and lives near Cheltenham.

In addition to presenting Top Gear for the BBC, he also fronted Brainiac on Sky One until recently.

Thanks G
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 05:24:57 PM »

Shit.

I love that guy and show.

All my best wisses to his recovery

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Origen
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 05:25:23 PM »

Wow, I hope he pulls through ?Undecided, Jeremy, James and Richard are a great team on Top Gear.
Origen
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 05:32:24 PM »

He was apparently driving the jetcar at up to 280mph at the time of the accident.

Here is a link with abit more info about it and a picture of the car

http://www.jalopnik.com/cars/news/update-sky-news-reports-top-gears-richard-hammond-driving-vampire-jet-car-at-280-mph-at-time-of-accident-202054.php
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2006, 06:08:00 PM »

Poor bugger, I love Hammond and Top Gear, hope he pulls through!

That's a hatrick for Doull
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2006, 06:38:14 AM »

I really hope he's ok he's great on TG he has my best wishes.

If he pulls through and all is ok do you think they'll show the incident in the next series?

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2006, 08:35:00 AM »

Struck me a really decent kind of person

Supposed to have suffered massive head injuries.....

All the best, get well soon

Quick! To the bandwagon!
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2006, 08:37:24 AM »

i hate top gear, but i really like richard hammond. a thoroughly entertaining and honest kind of guy.

all the best.
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2006, 10:20:14 AM »

God I really hope he pulls trough, so many good people are dying these days,

*edit here's another link with some more info

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23367642-details/Top%20Gear's%20Richard%20Hammond%20critical%20after%20280mph%20crash/article.do
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 10:46:11 AM by Grouse » Logged
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2006, 12:42:25 PM »

i hate top gear, but i really like richard hammond. a thoroughly entertaining and honest kind of guy.

all the best.

How can you hate Top Gear

CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2006, 12:43:14 PM »

Top bloke. Seems like a really genuine person on Top Gear and his brief stint on the Richard Hammond show at 5pm on ITV. He was really good on brainiac aswell.

All the best.
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2006, 01:21:05 PM »

Legendary presenter from a truely top class show. Get well soon Hamster.

Evolution
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2006, 01:41:24 PM »

Best wishes to the Hamster.
Mr Rage
Rocker

My Friends Call Me ACE!!!!!

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2006, 02:13:23 PM »

hope he gets well for his family, but other than that him n the rest of em on top gear, 5 star pricks!!!!

A World Without BASS is.....CHAOS
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2006, 04:23:44 PM »

Legendary presenter from a truely top class show. Get well soon Hamster.

You said it!
I used to watch Top Gear every day... Hope he gets better soon.
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2006, 06:43:17 PM »

hope he gets well for his family, but other than that him n the rest of em on top gear, 5 star pricks!!!!

Well its time to get some negative Karma i suppose.

Fuck Off!

A human being is in hospital with serious injuries and thats all you can come up with? Your entitled to your opinion, as am i but have some fucking respect.

If he pulls through which is looking more and more likely, then you can make such sweeping statements without pissing me off and maybe, just maybe you could back it up with some reasoning.

For now though, enjoy the papers in the morning and the news updates for one of the Nations most likeable and popular television presenters.

anythinggoes
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2006, 03:15:19 AM »

Well its time to get some negative Karma i suppose.

Fuck Off!

A human being is in hospital with serious injuries and thats all you can come up with? Your entitled to your opinion, as am i but have some fucking respect.

If he pulls through which is looking more and more likely, then you can make such sweeping statements without pissing me off and maybe, just maybe you could back it up with some reasoning.

For now though, enjoy the papers in the morning and the news updates for one of the Nations most likeable and popular television presenters.

Well thank fully the Hamster seems to be making that recovery so that is good news

http://icthewharf.icnetwork.co.uk/thewharf/national/tm_objectid=17800375&method=full&siteid=106484&headline=doctors--hopeful--on-hammond-health-name_page.html

Doctors 'hopeful' on Hammond health Sep 22 2006

Doctors are hopeful that Top Gear presenter Richard Hammond will make a good recovery after suffering a "significant brain injury" in a high-speed jet car crash.

The 36-year-old is in a serious but stable condition in hospital after the 370mph jet-powered car he was driving crashed. Friends and family are keeping a bedside vigil at Leeds General Infirmary.

Hammond was airlifted to hospital after the record-breaking Vampire dragster veered off the runway, flipped over several times and crashed on to grass at Elvington airfield near York on Wednesday.

Investigations have been launched into the crash.

Doctors on Thursday night said Hammond's injury gave them "cause for concern" but added that they were "reasonably optimistic" he would make a good recovery.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/clarkson%20cheers%20up%20c**p%20driver%20hammond_1008956

British TV presenter JEREMY CLARKSON yesterday (21SEP06) cheered up his seriously injured TOP GEAR colleague RICHARD HAMMOND by calling him a "crap driver". hihi Hammond has suffered a "significant brain injury" after crashing a dragster jet car at nearly 300 miles (483 kilometres) per hour on Wednesday (20SEP06). Clarkson and Hammond present the BBC show with JAMES MAY, and the trio are well known for making jokes about each other. So Clarkson tried his unique technique while visiting Hammond in hospital in Leeds, England. Clarkson says, "I was being nice to him for a change. But I wasn't getting any reaction. He was lying peacefully with a black eye so I tried something else. "I said, 'The reason you're here is because you're a crap driver.' He then smiled at me. "It was an amazing moment, very moving."
Graciela
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2006, 04:51:06 AM »

? British TV presenter JEREMY CLARKSON yesterday (21SEP06) cheered up his seriously injured TOP GEAR colleague RICHARD HAMMOND by calling him a "crap driver". hihi Hammond has suffered a "significant brain injury" after crashing a dragster jet car at nearly 300 miles (483 kilometres) per hour on Wednesday (20SEP06). Clarkson and Hammond present the BBC show with JAMES MAY, and the trio are well known for making jokes about each other. So Clarkson tried his unique technique while visiting Hammond in hospital in Leeds, England. Clarkson says, "I was being nice to him for a change. But I wasn't getting any reaction. He was lying peacefully with a black eye so I tried something else. "I said, 'The reason you're here is because you're a crap driver.' He then smiled at me. "It was an amazing moment, very moving."

Oh, that's good news, thank god. Lets hope he makes a full recovery? Smiley
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2006, 06:52:27 AM »

Go home nobhead, I can see how Clarkson could be disliked cos he's very conterversial but every time I see Hammond on TV he comes across as a really nice bloke

MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2006, 08:54:42 AM »

HAMMOND OUT OF INTENSIVE CARE

Doctors treating Top Gear presenter Richard Hammond said his condition has improved and he has been moved out of intensive care.

Hammond is now said to be in a "stable" condition following his high speed crash in a jet-powered car.

A spokesman at Leeds General Infirmary said: "Doctors say Richard Hammond is making satisfactory progress.

"This morning he has been moved from intensive care on to a high dependency unit. His condition has been downgraded from 'serious but stable' to 'stable'."

Friends and family are keeping a bedside vigil for the 36-year-old, who suffered a "significant brain injury" in a high-speed crash.

Get well soon Hamster  ok

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: