Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 10:07:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Do You think this question has been answered yet?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do You think this question has been answered yet?  (Read 9010 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« on: September 21, 2006, 05:07:19 PM »

Do you think Axl and the band have figured out if Bfoot will be a permanent member of this band yet?

I ask this because if the answer is no then I dont see us getting a single and video anytime soon. Same with album.

I dont think it would make sense for them to go ahead with the comeback single and video and be rotating guitarists every few months.

I just wonder if they have figured out what they wanna do with Bfoot.....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 05:09:36 PM »

I have a simple system for decision making, specifically for this problem. Wanna see it? Thought so. Here goes:

Buckethead > Bumblefoot > Someone else.

It is a patented system, but I am willing to let GNR use it for a small fee, should the question ever come up.
Alina
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 05:16:13 PM »

I hope Bumblefoot staying

PrettyTiedUp763
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2006, 05:18:34 PM »

I hope Bumblefoot staying

That's a good question. I hope so too.  yes He is such a nice guy.
busngabb
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2006, 05:20:47 PM »

I do wish the hero worship of Buckethead would stop.

Sure he was a talented guitarist, but he was also a selfish dick head who quit the band once he had achieved his objective, namely raising his own profile enough to get a record deal. Bucket brought nothing to the Guns live show in 2002 bar the Nightrain solo, really he did nothing. He looked like a dick and acted worse. He brought ridicule onto a band that was already doing enough to ridicule themselves without him.

Were he to take the stupid, childish, costume off and let his talent talk for him, he would be a lot more successful. Seriously the guy could do very well for himself, but limits himself to a low glass ceiling through being such a prick about his attire.

bbf on the other hand is easily as talented as Buckethead and is so much cooler and is far, far more popular at the live shows that Buckethead was. Sure bbf doesn't quite pull off Bucket's 1 or 2 solos quite the same, but why should he? He can do whatever he likes with them.

I can't wait to see bbf in a GNR video, the thought of seeing KFC face mumbling to himself and talking to a puppet doesn't have the same attraction.

bbf is GNR, Buckethead never was.

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2006, 05:26:23 PM »

I like the way you've couched your argument in pure scientific fact, rather than. . .oh, wait.

I hope they do keep Bumble, because the other guy doesn't seem to be coming back and after those two there's a pretty huge drop-off in the talents of available guitarists. I know, there's a lot of guys who have the same level of technique or better, but  most virtuoso guitarists seem to either lack the creative spark or get stuck in some genre niche. 
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2006, 05:32:12 PM »

the thread shouldnt be about Bfoot vs Bhead. Stop with the garbage

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2006, 05:37:39 PM »

the thread shouldnt be about Bfoot vs Bhead.
Actually, isn't that a pretty valid tangent to the discussion that you started?
I don't mean to be confrontational here but it does seem natural that if you're going to ask if bumblefoot is staying, it also raises the questions of "will he leave?" and "who would replace him?"
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2006, 05:44:41 PM »

I have a simple system for decision making, specifically for this problem. Wanna see it? Thought so. Here goes:

It is a patented system, but I am willing to let GNR use it for a small fee, should the question ever come up.

So this means you don't like BF i assume? OR you just saying u think they will do that?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 05:47:07 PM by monkeychow » Logged
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2006, 05:45:35 PM »

it also raises the questions of "who would replace him?"

Someone else probably...

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2006, 05:50:30 PM »

I'm pretty sure they are keeping the Bumble guy as a permanent member. Unless the Bucket one decides to come back.
I mean, what's the point in having someone who isn't BBF or BH?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 05:54:56 PM by Mandy. » Logged
King Sand
Patron Saint of Dust N' Bones
Rocker

... And there was nothing left but a grain of Sand

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2006, 05:51:35 PM »

I was wondering if Bumblefoot would return after the European shows...  He did.  So I guess, come the official October 24th kick-off, if he is still playing guitar in the band I would think that he is "official."

"Strange travel plans are dancing lessons from God." - Kurt Vonnegut
ThatGuy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2006, 05:55:26 PM »

I do wish the hero worship of Buckethead would stop.

Sure he was a talented guitarist, but he was also a selfish dick head who quit the band once he had achieved his objective, namely raising his own profile enough to get a record deal. Bucket brought nothing to the Guns live show in 2002 bar the Nightrain solo, really he did nothing. He looked like a dick and acted worse. He brought ridicule onto a band that was already doing enough to ridicule themselves without him.

Were he to take the stupid, childish, costume off and let his talent talk for him, he would be a lot more successful. Seriously the guy could do very well for himself, but limits himself to a low glass ceiling through being such a prick about his attire.

bbf on the other hand is easily as talented as Buckethead and is so much cooler and is far, far more popular at the live shows that Buckethead was. Sure bbf doesn't quite pull off Bucket's 1 or 2 solos quite the same, but why should he? He can do whatever he likes with them.

I can't wait to see bbf in a GNR video, the thought of seeing KFC face mumbling to himself and talking to a puppet doesn't have the same attraction.

congratulations. ?you have just posted one of the most ignorant posts ever on any internet message forum in history. ?buckethead quit the band because he is a workaholic. ?he likes to be active... writing, performing, etc. ?he didnt like working on an album, and then, not touring to support it or finish it. ?buckethead doesnt like to sit around for 4 years doing absolutely nothing, so he quit. ?buckethead was well known before gnr. ?buckethead didnt need gnr for record deal, buckethead has made like 60 albums and has performed on many more, and has also written tons of music for video games. ?he is a very well respected guitar vitruoso. ?he is very easily one of the top 5 shredders in the world. ?buckethead brought nothing to gnr live? ?he was the focal point of every fucking show. ?people were and are mesmirized by his playing, his moves on stage, his nunchuck act, and his overall stage presence, not to mention, he took slash's nightrain solo, tweeked it up, and put the original to utter shame. ?his attire has nothing to do with him not being mainstream. ?he is not a mainstream artist and clearly doesnt want to be. ?yes, you are right about one thing... bumblefoot cant pull off buckethead's solos... because he isnt as fucking talented as buckethead!!! ?bumblefoot cant hold a candle to buckethead, and if buckethead were to suddenly decide to come back, dont think for a hot fucking second that axl wouldnt welcome him back with open arms and a bundle of roses.

imagine this, top rolled down, 4 pumps of l.a. looks in your hair, crusing down the highway, getting roadhead while jamming You Could Be Mine!
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2006, 06:01:41 PM »

So this means you don't like BF i assume? OR you just saying u think they will do that?
I like Bumble. I'd be happy if they keep him in the band. I just don't think that he's nearly the musician that BH is, if you compare their solo work. And that's not a slight on Bumble, he's clearly no slouch. It's just an unfair comparison.
snooze72
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2006, 06:04:30 PM »

Heh! ?The whole point of the costume and the mute 'character' is to let ONLY his talent talk for him. ?Buckethead himself (or Brian Carrol) doesn't want to talk at all. ? And the last thing Buckethead wants is to 'do well for himself' and become famous (which is probably one reason he left). ?He wants to stick to the smaller crowd of fans who appreciate him for his music and let him be totally detached from 'Brian Carrol.' ?The Buckethead schtick is the closest he could come to being a faceless talent -- and 'talent' means as a performer, not only as a musician.

I hope Ron stays as well, he's awesome, but I do have fears for his tenure. ?I sincerely hope Axl and cronies aren't influenced by reviews The Mercury News saying three guitars are too much. ?If he is, I think I'd rather see Ron and Richard -- not that I have anything against Robin, but if a choice had to be made, well... ?
robinfinckfan
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2006, 06:06:39 PM »

I think I'd rather see Ron and Richard -- not that I have anything against Robin, but if a choice had to be made, well... ?

That hurts me in the deepest part of my soul crying
busngabb
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2006, 06:12:46 PM »

Heh!  The whole point of the costume and the mute 'character' is to let ONLY his talent talk for him.  Buckethead himself (or Brian Carrol) doesn't want to talk at all.   And the last thing Buckethead wants is to 'do well for himself' and become famous (which is probably one reason he left).  He wants to stick to the smaller crowd of fans who appreciate him for his music and let him be totally detached from 'Brian Carrol.'  The Buckethead schtick is the closest he could come to being a faceless talent -- and 'talent' means as a performer, not only as a musician.

I hope Ron stays as well, he's awesome, but I do have fears for his tenure.  I sincerely hope Axl and cronies aren't influenced by reviews The Mercury News saying three guitars are too much.  If he is, I think I'd rather see Ron and Richard -- not that I have anything against Robin, but if a choice had to be made, well... 

I'm sure there are a few psychological issues there too.  ok

You perhaps make a good point about why he quit. The band never suited him yet he didn't mind taking the money for a few years, which totally contradicts what you lot are saying about him caring only for the art.

Buckethead is talented, there is no doubt about that. But he has no place in GNR, he doesn't fit with the new guys, let alone the old.

bbf is perfect for the job.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2006, 06:13:13 PM »

I think I'd rather see Ron and Richard

Have you smoked anything lately?
Mike McKagan
Rocker

I'm a small town white boy...

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2006, 06:22:15 PM »

I've been under the impression for several months (don't remember the Axl quote, but there was one) that Bucket's guitar works stays on CD regardless, so I don't see what Thal's status has to do with the release.  My guess is that Thal is staying for the foreseeable future, but that's just my own opinion.  Either way, CD is on its way.

On a side note, the earlier equation was solid, but not quite accurate.  Here's the revised and corrected version:

Slash > Buckethead > Bumblefoot > someone else

beer

VR--Nashville, TN--10/16/2004
GN'R--Portland, OR--12/11/2006
GN'R--Rosemont, IL--11/15/2011
GN'R--Nashville, TN--07/09/2016
GN'R--Saint Louis, MO--09/09/2023
robinfinckfan
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2006, 06:26:59 PM »

I've posted this before in another thread. but I sent BBF a message about his future plans w/ GnR and he said he was in untill they threw his ass out. So he is commited to the group and my opinion is axl isn't gonna find anyone better nor should he. BBF rules, ROBIN RULES, Richard rules and to hell with any "critic" that says otherwise.

Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: