Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 09:03:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  adler and axl make peace in vegas
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: adler and axl make peace in vegas  (Read 40872 times)
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #160 on: February 06, 2007, 08:12:12 AM »

Who knows... maybe we'll see a couple guest appearances from Mr. Adler (like Izzy did) on tour w/ Guns this summer. Now, that would be cool. Kinda like how they brought out Metallica's Lars in LA. I doubt it happens but it would be too cool.    smoking

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
Montrealrocks
Rocker

Get on board...or fuck off!

« Reply #161 on: February 06, 2007, 08:32:17 AM »

I don't think a reunion will ever happen.

For one good reason.

Axl baught the rights for the Guns N' Roses name.  U really think that Slash and Co. who sold their rights would come play for Axl with a paycheck?  Cause that what would happen....

I really don't see Axl re-selling the rights to old band memebers......

And I'm happy with the new line up.  Anyways, like I write on my site:
**THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS "NEW" GUNS N' ROSES....THERE'S ONLY BEEN ONE GUNS N' ROSES! PUT THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!!

@gnrworld on twitter

Montreal 17/05/88
Montreal 08/08/1992
New York 14/05/2006
Ottawa 17/11/2006
Quebec 18/11/2006
Montreal 27/01/2010
Quebec 01/02/2010
Quebec 12/07/2013
Montreal 14/07/2
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #162 on: February 06, 2007, 08:36:45 AM »

I don't think a reunion will ever happen.

For one good reason.

Axl baught the rights for the Guns N' Roses name.? U really think that Slash and Co. who sold their rights would come play for Axl with a paycheck?? Cause that what would happen....

I really don't see Axl re-selling the rights to old band memebers......

And I'm happy with the new line up.? Anyways, like I write on my site:
**THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS "NEW" GUNS N' ROSES....THERE'S ONLY BEEN ONE GUNS N' ROSES! PUT THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!!

That makes alot of sense.? ?no

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #163 on: February 06, 2007, 08:39:04 AM »

And I'm happy with the new line up.? Anyways, like I write on my site:

Interestingly though, Axl himself has called them new Guns N Roses, so I guess there is such a thing  ok

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Montrealrocks
Rocker

« Reply #164 on: February 06, 2007, 08:46:34 AM »

Well I don't see NEW Guns N' Roses on the shirts and all.

And I think GUNS N' ROSES will be used for the album....
Wink

@gnrworld on twitter

Montreal 17/05/88
Montreal 08/08/1992
New York 14/05/2006
Ottawa 17/11/2006
Quebec 18/11/2006
Montreal 27/01/2010
Quebec 01/02/2010
Quebec 12/07/2013
Montreal 14/07/2
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #165 on: February 06, 2007, 08:58:58 AM »

Well I don't see NEW Guns N' Roses on the shirts and all.

And I think GUNS N' ROSES will be used for the album....
Wink

I think so too, but it doesn't mean there is anything wrong with differentiating between different eras of GNR by referring to them as old and new.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #166 on: February 06, 2007, 09:02:45 AM »

During Izzy's most recent interview where he describes touring with the band last summer, he also refers to the band as "Axl's New Guns N Roses".

I don't think saying that is a put down or at all inconsiderate to the new band.

I mean, w/ the exception of Axl, the band is new but, they are still badass.

For example, if my dog were to die, and I would go out and buy a new one, I would refer to it as my "new dog", at least for awhile. I wouldn't call him/her that as a sign of disrespect. I'd plainly say it to differentiate the two.

Alot of people believe using the phrase "New Gnr" is a sign of not accepting the band. That simply is not the case. You can accept both versions and still decipher between the two. ? yes

A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #167 on: February 06, 2007, 09:06:44 AM »

During Izzy's most recent interview where he describes touring with the band last summer, he also refers to the band as "Axl's New Guns N Roses".

I don't think saying that is a put down or at all inconsiderate to the new band.

For example, if my dog were to die, and I would go out and buy a new one, I would refer to it as my "new dog", at least for awhile. I wouldn't call him/her that as a sign of disrespect. I'd plainly say it to differentiate the two.

Alot of people believe using the phrase "New Gnr" is a sign of not accepting the band. That simply is not the case. You can accept both versions and still decipher between the two. ? yes

Spot on, I would have thought Axl referring to them as the new band himself would be enough for people. It's not an insult or certainly I don't use it as an insult to the new guys but as a way of explaining which era of GNR I'm referring to. New GNR has members in it that are new, funnily enough  hihi

Montrealrocks
Rocker

« Reply #168 on: February 06, 2007, 09:18:48 AM »

Yeah..it makes sense.... beer

@gnrworld on twitter

Montreal 17/05/88
Montreal 08/08/1992
New York 14/05/2006
Ottawa 17/11/2006
Quebec 18/11/2006
Montreal 27/01/2010
Quebec 01/02/2010
Quebec 12/07/2013
Montreal 14/07/2
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #169 on: February 06, 2007, 10:16:12 AM »

Yeah..it makes sense.... beer

Good.

I think most people can understand this. Some just choose not to admit it.

Anyway, Happy B-Day Axl.   ok

Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #170 on: February 06, 2007, 10:44:14 AM »

Jarmo, no offence man, I was hell away from making shit about you or about anyone here. I was just expressing my point of view. I also love the current Guns and admire what Axl is doing. I agree with your last post and by the way, the same direction are my posts too.

P.S. I've never said that you perosnally started a thread that Steven is THE JUNKEY or so on. I said that some "fans" treat him as such and it is not right.  peace

"...It don't really matter..."
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #171 on: February 07, 2007, 07:09:23 PM »

Alot of people believe using the phrase "New Gnr" is a sign of not accepting the band. That simply is not the case. You can accept both versions and still decipher between the two.   yes

Spot on, I would have thought Axl referring to them as the new band himself would be enough for people. It's not an insult or certainly I don't use it as an insult to the new guys but as a way of explaining which era of GNR I'm referring to. New GNR has members in it that are new, funnily enough  hihi

You know whats funny about this? I used to be REALLY defensive about that term until I went to the Hammerstein show last year.

It was there that I personally really looked at these guys as the "New" Guns N' Roses. It's hard to described but it sounds like you guys are doing a good job of it.

Viva La Finck!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #172 on: February 08, 2007, 08:04:16 PM »

And I'm happy with the new line up.  Anyways, like I write on my site:

Interestingly though, Axl himself has called them new Guns N Roses, so I guess there is such a thing  ok

when? he didnt as far as I know...

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
Donington2007
« Reply #173 on: February 08, 2007, 10:13:22 PM »

Who knows... maybe we'll see a couple guest appearances from Mr. Adler (like Izzy did) on tour w/ Guns this summer. Now, that would be cool. Kinda like how they brought out Metallica's Lars in LA. I doubt it happens but it would be too cool.    smoking

You left out the part where Izzy and Lars DIDN'T extort millions of dollars from Axl.  rofl That makes it easier to collaborate in the future.  smoking
Duffio
Rocker

uh oh, they're back...

« Reply #174 on: February 08, 2007, 11:35:21 PM »

funny, everyone here seems to be drunk or something when reading and replying to these posts... contradictions and then a bunch of agreements to more contradictions... how entertainig  Grin    beer
Donington2007
« Reply #175 on: February 09, 2007, 12:23:59 AM »

funny, everyone here seems to be drunk or something when reading and replying to these posts... contradictions and then a bunch of agreements to more contradictions... how entertainig  Grin    beer

Yeah I see what you mean. That's funny. But I just went right to Page 9 and tried to settle it for anyone who might be stuck on this idea.  hihi

October, 1991 - Steven Adler launched a lawsuit against the band. He claimed that GN'R were responsible for his drug addiction.

September 24th, 1993 - GN'R made a $2.5 million dollar out-of-court settlement payment to Steven Adler in respect of his October 1991 lawsuit.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/history/history91.php
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/history/history93.php

Maybe it'll also help any new band members understand why Axl won't be close friends with them.  rofl
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 12:26:06 AM by Donington2007 » Logged
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #176 on: February 09, 2007, 07:50:02 PM »

Maybe Civil War <.<

lol
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #177 on: February 09, 2007, 09:57:26 PM »

Who knows... maybe we'll see a couple guest appearances from Mr. Adler (like Izzy did) on tour w/ Guns this summer. Now, that would be cool. Kinda like how they brought out Metallica's Lars in LA. I doubt it happens but it would be too cool.? ? smoking

You left out the part where Izzy and Lars DIDN'T extort millions of dollars from Axl.? rofl That makes it easier to collaborate in the future.? smoking

I wouldn't call Adler getting a couple million dollar out of court settlement extortion. Considering the amount of money the band made off Appetite/touring, what's a couple million?   Roll Eyes

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #178 on: February 10, 2007, 04:30:16 PM »

So, in the last years Izzy, Steven and Slash have all spoken with Axl....its a start

Quick! To the bandwagon!
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #179 on: February 10, 2007, 04:32:36 PM »

So, in the last years Izzy, Steven and Slash have all spoken with Axl....its a start

Time heals every wound. We'll see a reunion at some point, no doubt.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: