Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 05:16:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  WIll we be informed when a single is about to drop?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WIll we be informed when a single is about to drop?  (Read 2667 times)
Steel_Angel
« on: September 29, 2006, 07:54:49 PM »

Will mysteron or the new site give us a heads up? the 'oh my god' single wasnt announced..
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 07:57:19 PM by frozen inferno » Logged
TVC15
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 07:56:47 PM »

I'm hoping so...

yes
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 07:57:15 PM »

I doubt we will get a heads up, the only way we will really know is to monitor radio stations, and see if anything is going for adds, or if a impact date is announced.
www.radioandrecords.com, and www.fmqb.com are good sites for radio adds and etc.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
Bono
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 07:58:09 PM »

You'd think so. I remember when U2 released Vertigo to radio the fans on the sites knew about the radio release date about 3 weeks in advance. hard to say if Gn'R will follow that type of plan though. I mean I would expect a single to hit radio within the next 3 weeks, but we don't know about it yet which makes me wonder. Though Guns N' roses are not about communicating with their fans so.....
Steel_Angel
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 07:59:34 PM »

I doubt we will get a heads up, the only way we will really know is to monitor radio stations,

Though Guns N' roses are not about communicating with their fans so.....
true that
uncleslashbob
Headliner

Smith can you bring me some tea?

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2006, 08:00:52 PM »

i would think with the magnitude of a coming gnr album, would warrent the record company ?to announce a singles release though i could and most likely will be utterly wrong
uncleslashbob
Headliner

Smith can you bring me some tea?

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2006, 08:05:04 PM »

god i love frozens avatar beer everytime i see it it gets better for some reason
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2006, 08:30:49 PM »

the 'oh my god' single wasnt announced

That is probably a good thing nervous

Hopefully we get a heads up, and if they are serious about any type of November release we should probably be seeing something sooner than later.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2006, 08:36:57 PM »

I doubt we will get a heads up, the only way we will really know is to monitor radio stations,

true that

I don't know if I agree with that.  Mysteron and others close to the band in some capacity certainly were helpful (not to mention kind and generous) in helping fans secure presale tickets to the NYC Hammerstein shows...somebody's looking out for us!
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2006, 08:53:08 PM »

true that

I don't know if I agree with that.  Mysteron and others close to the band in some capacity certainly were helpful (not to mention kind and generous) in helping fans secure presale tickets to the NYC Hammerstein shows...somebody's looking out for us!

Not to mention the sharing of the press release the night BEFORE it went to press.  Yes, I didn't truly believe it at first, but it certainly made me respect their efforts more when I realized that it was not a gag.

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
Bono
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2006, 09:07:12 PM »

yeah but you guys that stuff is so far and few between. Of all the bands I like, Gn'R are by far the worst in terms of communicating with their fans. It is what it is.
Ellroy
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2006, 09:18:16 PM »

yeah but you guys that stuff is so far and few between. Of all the bands I like, Gn'R are by far the worst in terms of communicating with their fans. It is what it is.

I'd say that was true until recently. Sure, they don't tell us much but I think that has to do with an album of this magnitude being released fairly soon. They are certainly trying and are a million times better now than they were during the past however every many years it has been.

"So, for those who believe in the cause...thank you for your support." - Axl Rose, May 15th 2006
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2006, 10:56:29 PM »

I guess OMG had a rumour about weeks before that trailer released on the VMAs break. It wasn't really a surprise.. if you search for the news on HTGTH archieve, you'll find a lot of tidbits about the song being on the End Of Days OST.

My guess is that the info will leak before and we'll know in some way before the general public..

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: