Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 04:02:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  To fans in Philly....
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: To fans in Philly....  (Read 19844 times)
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2006, 03:47:56 PM »

i think it was like a year after hang on ill upload it give us 10-20 mins

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CCUFVB2K

I didnt download, but it said Axl Arrested 1992...The Philly incident was 2002.
anythinggoes
« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2006, 03:55:18 PM »

i think it was like a year after hang on ill upload it give us 10-20 mins

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CCUFVB2K

I didnt download, but it said Axl Arrested 1992...The Philly incident was 2002.
Embarrassed

err shit i got confused sorry i was thinking of St Louis ill go sit in the sin bin for a while Cry
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2006, 04:06:44 PM »

I was at that Philly show, so for all you people who say to get over it, it's really tough to when you know people who got hurt.

Glad I'm going to the the MSG show hihi as you know Axl won't skip out on his new favorite city rofl

Don't blame Axl for not goig to Philly though
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2006, 04:20:22 PM »

I was at that Philly show, so for all you people who say to get over it, it's really tough to when you know people who got hurt.

Glad I'm going to the the MSG show hihi as you know Axl won't skip out on his new favorite city rofl

My point is that the people you know that were hurt were hurt by people looking for an excuse to get away with something. I am not jusifying the no-show, but how people re-act is not the bands fault.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2006, 04:25:06 PM »

Vancouver also had a riot in 2002 when axl never showed up. yes
Axl WAS ON HIS WAY! Someone in manangement pulled the plug on that one!

Yep, he had no idea that the gig he was supposed to play that night had been cancelled.

How about showing up on time instead of leaving the venue hanging. The venue had everything to cancel it because Axl wasn't responsible enough to even be in the country on time. Axl was 100% to blame on that one.
He was in an airplane enroute from La to Vancouver. The flight was delayed due to weather conditions.

I really wish people would get over any of the riots that have happened. I still can't understand trying to justify wanting to destroy an arena and other people because Axl didn't show up or walked off stage.

It's hard to understand unless you're actually there. ?A lot of people, not just you, find it easily justifiable to say that it's no big deal. ?Well, hopefully not, but one day maybe all of the people sing their song of 'get over it' will witness something firsthand and be whining about their own incident. ?No harm intended, but I find the split among the fans to be amusing. ?People that were there find it acceptable to complain a good bit and those that weren't say get over it. ?Neither party is totally correct, but at least the people that were there have a point toward rationalization.

peace

My point is that the people you know that were hurt were hurt by people looking for an excuse to get away with something. I am not jusifying the no-show, but how people re-act is not the bands fault.

On a separate note, there again, unless you know who the people in question are, how do you justify talking about them or their intentions?  Doesn't make sense to me at all.  Frankly, unless you were there to witness it firsthand, there's no reason to argue.  There are a lot of different stories from a lot of different people that attended the show - and I'm sure that they're all accurate by one's own perception.  Facts are facts, over $1mil in damages and I saw INNOCENT people trying to leave that were getting hurt.  People were throwing seat cushions (with the metal attached) over the balcony - I watched them hit people as they fell 40 feet from the upper level down to the floor.  Nobody is blaming the band for the actions of the fans, but seriously, don't say people were hurt because of their malicious intentions.  Innocent people got fucked that night.   

peace

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2006, 04:33:59 PM »

Yep, he had no idea that the gig he was supposed to play that night had been cancelled.

How about showing up on time instead of leaving the venue hanging. The venue had everything to cancel it because Axl wasn't responsible enough to even be in the country on time. Axl was 100% to blame on that one.
He was in an airplane enroute from La to Vancouver. The flight was delayed due to weather conditions.

I really wish people would get over any of the riots that have happened. I still can't understand trying to justify wanting to destroy an arena and other people because Axl didn't show up or walked off stage.

It's hard to understand unless you're actually there.  A lot of people, not just you, find it easily justifiable to say that it's no big deal.  Well, hopefully not, but one day maybe all of the people sing their song of 'get over it' will witness something firsthand and be whining about their own incident.  No harm intended, but I find the split among the fans to be amusing.  People that were there find it acceptable to complain a good bit and those that weren't say get over it.  Neither party is totally correct, but at least the people that were there have a point toward rationalization.

peace

On a separate note, there again, unless you know who the people in question are, how do you justify talking about them or their intentions?  Doesn't make sense to me at all.  Frankly, unless you were there to witness it firsthand, there's no reason to argue.  There are a lot of different stories from a lot of different people that attended the show - and I'm sure that they're all accurate by one's own perception.  Facts are facts, over $1mil in damages and I saw INNOCENT people trying to leave that were getting hurt.  People were throwing seat cushions (with the metal attached) over the balcony - I watched them hit people as they fell 40 feet from the upper level down to the floor.  Nobody is blaming the band for the actions of the fans, but seriously, don't say people were hurt because of their malicious intentions.  Innocent people got fucked that night.   

peace

People were hurt because of someones malicious intent or else the riot would've never taken place.

I've been in two different potential GNR riot situations. One turned into a riot, the other didn't. We had sat through Smashing Pumpkins twice at the Palace in 92 just to be told around midnight that GNR wouldn't be playing the show because Axl had been in route and somehow  got snatched up by St. Louis officials for charges stemming from the riot there.

Now this is in Detroit (we pretty much invented riots) and it's midnight. Drunk metal guys have just sat through an alternative band they don't even know (Gish was the album they were touring for) TWICE. Then they get told as a whole that GNR is not even coming. There were a TON of people actually saying things like "Lets tear this fuckin' place apart!" and shit like that. But alot of other people ended up talking them down and just saying "Why? It's no ones fault. We'll just see them again soon" and things like that.

It took awhile but the Palace ended up clearing out and everyone got a makeup show a year later that rocked.

The same cannot be said for Toronto. We all know what happened, but the same sentiment was the in the crowd. There were two types of people. The ones who didn't see a reason to destroy everything and people who wanted to use what happened during the show as an excuse to do something terrible.

That night, the bad half won. I can't understand how the exact same thing didn't happen in Philly. How is it any different?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2006, 04:43:29 PM »

It's hard to understand unless you're actually there.? A lot of people, not just you, find it easily justifiable to say that it's no big deal.? Well, hopefully not, but one day maybe all of the people sing their song of 'get over it' will witness something firsthand and be whining about their own incident.? No harm intended, but I find the split among the fans to be amusing.? People that were there find it acceptable to complain a good bit and those that weren't say get over it.? Neither party is totally correct, but at least the people that were there have a point toward rationalization.

peace

On a separate note, there again, unless you know who the people in question are, how do you justify talking about them or their intentions?? Doesn't make sense to me at all.? Frankly, unless you were there to witness it firsthand, there's no reason to argue.? There are a lot of different stories from a lot of different people that attended the show - and I'm sure that they're all accurate by one's own perception.? Facts are facts, over $1mil in damages and I saw INNOCENT people trying to leave that were getting hurt.? People were throwing seat cushions (with the metal attached) over the balcony - I watched them hit people as they fell 40 feet from the upper level down to the floor.? Nobody is blaming the band for the actions of the fans, but seriously, don't say people were hurt because of their malicious intentions.? Innocent people got fucked that night.? ?

peace

People were hurt because of someones malicious intent or else the riot would've never taken place.

I've been in two different potential GNR riot situations. One turned into a riot, the other didn't. We had sat through Smashing Pumpkins twice at the Palace in 92 just to be told around midnight that GNR wouldn't be playing the show because Axl had been in route and somehow? got snatched up by St. Louis officials for charges stemming from the riot there.

Now this is in Detroit (we pretty much invented riots) and it's midnight. Drunk metal guys have just sat through an alternative band they don't even know (Gish was the album they were touring for) TWICE. Then they get told as a whole that GNR is not even coming. There were a TON of people actually saying things like "Lets tear this fuckin' place apart!" and shit like that. But alot of other people ended up talking them down and just saying "Why? It's no ones fault. We'll just see them again soon" and things like that.

It took awhile but the Palace ended up clearing out and everyone got a makeup show a year later that rocked.

The same cannot be said for Toronto. We all know what happened, but the same sentiment was the in the crowd. There were two types of people. The ones who didn't see a reason to destroy everything and people who wanted to use what happened during the show as an excuse to do something terrible.

That night, the bad half won. I can't understand how the exact same thing didn't happen in Philly. How is it any different?

Yeah, I actually think that we're saying the same thing here... Just in different words.  beer

Annie
« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2006, 04:49:00 PM »

It's hard to understand unless you're actually there.? A lot of people, not just you, find it easily justifiable to say that it's no big deal.? Well, hopefully not, but one day maybe all of the people sing their song of 'get over it' will witness something firsthand and be whining about their own incident.? No harm intended, but I find the split among the fans to be amusing.? People that were there find it acceptable to complain a good bit and those that weren't say get over it.? Neither party is totally correct, but at least the people that were there have a point toward rationalization.

peace

On a separate note, there again, unless you know who the people in question are, how do you justify talking about them or their intentions?? Doesn't make sense to me at all.? Frankly, unless you were there to witness it firsthand, there's no reason to argue.? There are a lot of different stories from a lot of different people that attended the show - and I'm sure that they're all accurate by one's own perception.? Facts are facts, over $1mil in damages and I saw INNOCENT people trying to leave that were getting hurt.? People were throwing seat cushions (with the metal attached) over the balcony - I watched them hit people as they fell 40 feet from the upper level down to the floor.? Nobody is blaming the band for the actions of the fans, but seriously, don't say people were hurt because of their malicious intentions.? Innocent people got fucked that night.? ?

peace

I've been in two different potential GNR riot situations. One turned into a riot, the other didn't. We had sat through Smashing Pumpkins twice at the Palace in 92 just to be told around midnight that GNR wouldn't be playing the show because Axl had been in route and somehow? got snatched up by St. Louis officials for charges stemming from the riot there.

Yeah, I actually think that we're saying the same thing here... Just in different words.? beer
Very well said. I agree with both of you. peace
Philly Guns
Opening Act

« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2006, 08:56:08 PM »

anytime the philly fans get shit on, it's a good thing.? if i saw axl wearing a mcscabb jersey or that thug iverson in 02 i would have puked.? philly fans are the worst in the country....a stain on humanity...when bad things happen to them i'm happy...skip philly for life axl!!!!!!!!

obviously this guy is a dallas cowboys fan  hihi
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

« Reply #69 on: October 01, 2006, 09:05:03 PM »

anytime the philly fans get shit on, it's a good thing.? if i saw axl wearing a mcscabb jersey or that thug iverson in 02 i would have puked.? philly fans are the worst in the country....a stain on humanity...when bad things happen to them i'm happy...skip philly for life axl!!!!!!!!

obviously this guy is a dallas cowboys fan? hihi

Yeah, he should give himself the T.O. treatment  hihi

Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #70 on: October 01, 2006, 09:07:20 PM »

obviously this guy is a dallas cowboys fan? hihi

Well considering he's a moron there's a 99% chance of that.  Either that or a NY Mets fan. Tongue

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
GetInTheJungle
Rocker

Rock Out With Your C**k Out

« Reply #71 on: October 01, 2006, 09:30:02 PM »

Philly 2002 was going to be the first time I saw GNR live.
I had tix for Wilkes Barre - CANCELLED
Then the incident occurred - I was angry for not seeing GNR but remained a fan.
Made peace in May at Hammerstein.

Hoping to see them at Tweeter or Borgata - I think Wachovia Center was to blame as well for the 2002 madness... so I doubt they will play there.

12/06/02 Phila
05/14/06 NYC
11/05/06 NJ
11/10/06 NYC MSG
11/17/11 NJ
11/20/11 PA
02/24/12 AC NJ
02/27/12 Phila
11/07/12 Vegas
11/09/12 Vegas
05/13/14 PA
07/14/16 Phila Linc
07/23/16 NY Met
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

« Reply #72 on: October 01, 2006, 10:11:12 PM »

Made peace in May at Hammerstein.

Hoping to see them at Tweeter or Borgata - I think Wachovia Center was to blame as well for the 2002 madness... so I doubt they will play there.

Same, but my tickets ended up being 1st row for both nights after the cancelled wilkes barre.  I was supposed to be like 12th row..  I don't know who to blame.  It's everyones fault.  Axl for not being there, fans for making a mess and Wachovia for doing a piss poor job throughout the night in terms of security and even staff... Read the reviews, people noticed it all.

horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2006, 10:33:56 PM »

i felt that way too.i got to go to ny.and it was great !
so im not all that upset about no philly this time i guess.it was horrible telling my friends ''he is coming out just late.an no show omg !
what a let down.

the one an only horsey !
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2006, 10:40:14 PM »

since you say that have i missed something? does ANYONE know what happened at the end of that tour?

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2006, 10:44:17 PM »

since you say that have i missed something? does ANYONE know what happened at the end of that tour?

Nobody knows. Axl wont comment.

Z
« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2006, 10:46:14 PM »

I was there in '02. ?It really was no big deal to me. ?I was over it in a couple weeks. ?Seems kind of silly and quite frankly a waste to still be upset over the experience 4 years later.

If you are still affected in a negative way having to endure that riot, then you probably should not subject yourself to the possibility of being stuck in a riot again anyway.

Hammerstein was a great experience for me so I'm fine going to NYC again to see them.

axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2006, 10:48:34 PM »

ust that it never made sense to me. AT ALL Axl seemed so happy in NY and seemed confident the whole band did. then Philly happened. I heard Tommy say things happened that nobody else knows but id like a bit of an explanation...a reason even if its  abad one.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #78 on: October 01, 2006, 10:49:10 PM »

Just about the same for me! ?I did see GNR in the late 80's and early 90's but this was going to be the first since then for me. ?I also had tickets for Wilkes Barre and then when it was cancelled, I bought the Philly tickets.

Did I talk to you on the subway after the no show? Huh?

Why don't you just....
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2006, 10:50:58 PM »

I was there in '02. ?It really was no big deal to me. ?I was over it in a couple weeks. ?Seems kind of silly and quite frankly a waste to still be upset over the experience 4 years later.

If you are still affected in a negative way having to endure that riot, then you probably should not subject yourself to the possibility of being stuck in a riot again anyway.

Hammerstein was a great experience for me so I'm fine going to NYC again to see them.

Agreed, but it's a little unsettling to not have a reason.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: