Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 02:46:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Aerosmith Thread.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 44 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Aerosmith Thread.  (Read 213811 times)
page
Headliner

Worked to hard for my illusions

« Reply #100 on: April 03, 2004, 12:35:09 PM »

IMO their best album is clearly "rocks" it`s a great pure rock n`f`roll album
Is he struggling?
Rocker

Why are you reading this?

« Reply #101 on: April 04, 2004, 06:32:44 PM »

Okay, here is a late nomination for the 'daftest question ever asked on the HTGTH board' award. Isthe Harmonica Keychain an actual functioning (or even partly functioning) harmonica? I need to know so I don't waste a couple of extra quid on the deluxe edition for the sake of a mere keychain. (Though it probably isn't available in the UK anyway).

It's been too long since you've had your ass kicked properly!:

www.reverbnation.com/papersun
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #102 on: April 05, 2004, 01:00:39 AM »

Honkin' on Bobo is a piece of shit! What a waste of money.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #103 on: April 05, 2004, 04:10:19 AM »

yes the keychain functions

it has about 4 notes or so on it

its cool i play that shit all the time! i annoy the fuck out of my friends with it!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #104 on: April 15, 2004, 10:10:44 PM »

Was this cd recorded live(meaning that they all played their instruments at the same time and place)?

Good cd...definitely the closest they?ve been to being the old Aerosmith even though sometimes I feel a bit of commercial crappy bubble gummy type of Aerosmith.

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #105 on: September 11, 2004, 12:14:34 AM »

Picked it up yesterday and just finished reading it since I had off today. A real good read, I reccomend it even if you're not a huge aerosmith fan like I am. A couple of GnR mentions, touring with aerosmith in 88' and a funny quote from slash to open up one of the chapters. Anyone else ever read it?

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #106 on: September 11, 2004, 12:16:57 AM »

i read it, not as entertaining as motley crue's the dirt but still an interesting read.

very sad when steven tyler made his underage wife have an abortion when she was very close to 9 months, he said it bothered him and made him feel bad

very interesting stuff in there, i recommend everyone read it.

its something how Geffen and John Kalodner gave aerosmith so much shit over their Get a Grip and Nine Lives albums, makes u wonder what they are putting Axl through right now.

Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #107 on: September 11, 2004, 12:18:24 AM »

Yes, I also thought it was a pretty good autobiography.  You should also pick up a book called "dream on" it's bebe newell's side of the story.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #108 on: September 11, 2004, 12:26:26 AM »

It's pretty good. Sanitized, but not as much as it could be.

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
anythinggoes
« Reply #109 on: November 03, 2004, 11:56:31 AM »

AEROSMITH will release their first-ever live concert DVD, You Gotta Move, on November 23rd. The two hours of music and interviews from the band's tour supporting Honkin' On Bobo will premiere that same night at select Regal movie theaters nationwide
Wheres Izzy
VIP

« Reply #110 on: November 03, 2004, 12:59:32 PM »

awesome, aerosmith are great in concert. Seen em twice and fucking loved both shows.

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #111 on: November 04, 2004, 05:42:26 AM »

I 've already seen this show. It's fuckin awesome. Go to your local Regal movie theaters and watch it.

Wheres Izzy
VIP

« Reply #112 on: November 04, 2004, 07:24:43 PM »

I 've already seen this show. It's fuckin awesome. Go to your local Regal movie theaters and watch it.

Christos, do they play train kept a rollin? they did it the 2nd time I saw them live and it blew my fucking mind. I loved it so fucking much. The version on get your wings is great and all but the way they played it then was a million times better and I hope a version is on there similar to it.

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #113 on: November 05, 2004, 01:37:49 AM »

Christos, do they play train kept a rollin? they did it the 2nd time I saw them live and it blew my fucking mind. I loved it so fucking much. The version on get your wings is great and all but the way they played it then was a million times better and I hope a version is on there similar to it.

I don't remember, I'll check the dvd's and I'll let you know.

Smoke
Rocker

nobody ever told me baby,how it was going to be

« Reply #114 on: December 13, 2004, 04:11:19 PM »

Ok, so I found out that aerosmith just released their first live concert dvd and rushed out to get it since I am a huge aerosmith fan.  It was a concert from their latest tour, Honkin on Bobo.  I have to say that the concert was awesome and that the band has not lost anything over the past 30 years.  However the editing crew who put this dvd together should get a big kick in the face.  They ruined the concert.  Let me tell you why.  The cameras spent more time filming the fans then they did the actual band.  They must hired some 20 something year old models and stuck them in the front rows.   They would do a band shot then switch to the audience.  This would happen every couple of seconds which ending up being really annoying and made me dizzy.  I mean don't get me wrong its nice to see everybody rocking out to a concert but the dvd was named "Aerosmith" not "The fans of Aerosmith attend a concert". 

But the worst thing of all which made it so horrible was after each song the editors stopped the concert and showed some behind the scenes action of the band in the studio or on the road or somewhere.  Thoses little clips lasted for a couple minutes each.  It disrupted the whole flow of the concert.  It even got to be so bad where the members of the band would still be talking and the song would start and you would miss 15-30 seconds of the song.  It made me so mad.  And during the song "Draw the Line" as soon as Joe Perry was going to go into his solo, all of a sudden his head      popped up and started yapping about some stupid crap.  I mean, come on!  You should put all of that kind of stuff on a separate dvd.  Some of the behind the scene stuff was cool but you don't need to put it after each song they play. 

However there was some real gems though in the dvd.  There were five songs not on the concert and were put as extras and they must of been done by someone else because there were no shots of the audience and it was just the band playing.  Don't get me wrong though it was a really good concert, it was just frustrating to watch it with all of those breaks in it.  It is a shame that this is there first live dvd, hopefully they will release some of their older stuff.  Anyways I just needed to vent a little about this dvd, if anybody else saw this let me know what you think about it.  So I know that I'm not crazy. 
Is he struggling?
Rocker

Why are you reading this?

« Reply #115 on: December 13, 2004, 06:13:35 PM »

I pretty well agree with what you said about the editing  - the fast cuts and the audience shots really do my head in too. And the interview bits should either have been extras, or perhaps something you could call up at certain parts of the concert at the press of a button.

The version of 'rats in the cellar' included here also dissapointed me.

It's been too long since you've had your ass kicked properly!:

www.reverbnation.com/papersun
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #116 on: May 25, 2005, 05:06:25 PM »

Dug up this thread to give yas some new news:

AEROSMITH guitarist Joe Perry has told MTV.com that he will support his recently released solo album with select shows and rejoin his bandmates when AEROSMITH start rehearsing at the end of August for a fall tour. While the band won't have a new studio disc to support, it will likely be touring behind an upcoming live CD and DVD.

"We don't have that much live stuff out, and one of the things fans have been requesting is a straight live DVD that's a whole concert rather than something cut up with backstage footage," Perry said. "So we're looking at a few shows, some of which are from the last tour, and that's something we'd really like to do."

At this point, AEROSMITH plan to finish the tour, then return to the studio in 2006 to work on the follow-up to last year's blues album, "Honkin' on Bobo". Perry expects the new AEROSMITH record to sound like a hybrid of the loose, freewheeling "Bobo" and 2001's more technical "Just Push Play".

"We have 30 years of playing live together, and that's a real asset," Perry said. "And that's what we drew from on 'Bobo'. We didn't have time to do a full studio record, but we wanted to press the reset button and do something that was less layered and precise. I hope some of that rubs off on our next recording experience so there's still some of that live edge."

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #117 on: May 26, 2005, 01:59:55 AM »

What I want to hear is an album free of Desmond Child, Jim Vallance, and Bruce Fairbairn.  Not that I don't still love the newer stuff, but they need to go back to that old sound from back in the day.  Their best material is still the stuff they did in the 70's before they utilized professional song writers to help them out.  I know they're still capable of writing a great album themselves.  Joe Perry didn't have any song writing help on his new solo release and its awesome.  I want an old school Aerosmith album.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #118 on: May 27, 2005, 01:38:02 AM »

Dug up this thread to give yas some new news:

AEROSMITH guitarist Joe Perry has told MTV.com that he will support his recently released solo album with select shows and rejoin his bandmates when AEROSMITH start rehearsing at the end of August for a fall tour. While the band won't have a new studio disc to support, it will likely be touring behind an upcoming live CD and DVD.

"We don't have that much live stuff out, and one of the things fans have been requesting is a straight live DVD that's a whole concert rather than something cut up with backstage footage," Perry said. "So we're looking at a few shows, some of which are from the last tour, and that's something we'd really like to do."

At this point, AEROSMITH plan to finish the tour, then return to the studio in 2006 to work on the follow-up to last year's blues album, "Honkin' on Bobo". Perry expects the new AEROSMITH record to sound like a hybrid of the loose, freewheeling "Bobo" and 2001's more technical "Just Push Play".

"We have 30 years of playing live together, and that's a real asset," Perry said. "And that's what we drew from on 'Bobo'. We didn't have time to do a full studio record, but we wanted to press the reset button and do something that was less layered and precise. I hope some of that rubs off on our next recording experience so there's still some of that live edge."

Live! Bootleg
Classics Live
Classics Live II
A Little South of Sanity 2 CD set

No, they don't have very many live albums out........ Shocked

Anyway, whatever it is, I'll buy it......

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #119 on: May 27, 2005, 04:25:46 PM »

Well Bruce Fairbairn is dead, so u got your wish there! ok

I loved Just Push Play, it is actually one of my fav New Aerosmith albums.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 44 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: