Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 02, 2024, 05:28:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227983 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Can Axl save rock n roll with chinese democracy??
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can Axl save rock n roll with chinese democracy??  (Read 37940 times)
AtariLegend
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2006, 01:14:09 PM »

but still, the IRS leaks were played on the radio, and got to like #40 on the rock charts...

whens the last time a demo leak has gotten on the radio??

dont get me wrong, I LOVE slash, but any member of gnr will sell yes

Matt doesn't sell.
jaypayton
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2006, 01:15:16 PM »

if u told anthony kieidis and flea the chili peppers are a rock n roll band they would jump off a building....thats the LAST thing the chili peppers are about is rock n roll..they are based in punk rock and funk music.......and rockn roll was dead around 1990 courtesy of faith no more, the chili peppers and nirvana
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2006, 01:16:59 PM »

"White Stripes jack white can't play a guitar"

Go fuck yourself with your commments. I am a huge fan of anything jack white has done for years. If you havent been to a live show/ havent seen the live dvd? "under blackpool lights" then you have no way of ever commenting on his ability. IMHO, he is one of the few people still making good rock music. I just hate when people talk shit, Jack writes some of the best guitar riffs i've ever heard, and he solos a lot in concert when he gets into it. Ball and biscuit for example.

Totally agree.? I've seen the Stripes three times live, and Jack is absolutely amazing.? His solo during Ball & Biscuit is one of the best things I've ever seen live.

Jack white is horrible at guitar downright horrible

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYnRo_tOykQ

what is that? I've heard garage bands better then that , once again more chords just strummed , drums are so annoying....

To the guy that says no new band will ever sell like that how come? How come they did it? but others can't? I dont understand that logic at a point they where not popular and had to work.
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2006, 01:17:34 PM »

if u told anthony kieidis and flea the chili peppers are a rock n roll band they would jump off a building....thats the LAST thing the chili peppers are about is rock n roll..they are based in punk rock and funk music.......and rockn roll was dead around 1990 courtesy of faith no more, the chili peppers and nirvana

i think john frusciante might disagree with you on that one.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2006, 01:19:05 PM »

how come rock n roll dies every decade?

hendrix , o well rock n roll is dead?

then comes led zeppelin for the 70's

o well they break up , rock n roll is dead

then comes van halen for the 80's

o well they lose david lee roth , rock n roll is dead

comes GNR for the late 80's and early 90's

they disband up rock n roll is dead?

rock n roll is always dying huh?
AtariLegend
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2006, 01:20:17 PM »

Name somthing Rock N Roll from this decade
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2006, 01:22:17 PM »

Name somthing Rock N Roll from this decade

the 00's?

that's what im saying man is that we need a band with the image , style and attitude...because every decade a band has done it and we are running out of time...but then again GNR did'nt hit big until 88? right or maybe even 89? so we have some time... I was just replying to the person who had said rock n roll wont sell agian like it did before , people have said that countless times and it still sells....
guns_n_motley
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2006, 01:24:07 PM »

Rock has always had its ups and downs.

even in the early 80s, 80,81 new wave was it and people thought rock was dead..

then came bands like Ratt, motley crue and tore up the place... then mtv took over, softened it, and then gnr came out...

AtariLegend
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2006, 01:26:15 PM »

It's been a long time since there was a truly great band around, and i'm not talking about the ones already around.
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2006, 01:26:47 PM »

then came bands like Ratt, motley crue and tore up the place... then mtv took over, softened it, and then gnr came out...

beer

yea that's what im saying we are going through that period of time right now....and we need a gnr-esque band to come out and take over the world. Not as in their sound but their attitude, young and careless you know the whole deal..we need another straight rock n roll guitarist , like joe perry , slash , page...those sweet blues licks with a rock phrasing.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2006, 01:28:56 PM »

beer

yea that's what im saying we are going through that period of time right now....and we need a gnr-esque band to come out and take over the world. Not as in their sound but their attitude, young and careless you know the whole deal..we need another straight rock n roll guitarist , like joe perry , slash , page...those sweet blues licks with a rock phrasing.

EXACTlY!!! Im not saying the band has to sound just like gnr, they just have to take those Led Zeppelin influences and bring it back...

sad thing is ROck was ALWAYS about having a good time, not taking yourself too seriously(except for the music of course) now everything is TOO serious.. we need some bands who just are having a good time....

thats why bands like Aerosmith, rollingstones are timeless IMO they werent trying to make a statement, just playing Rock music and having a good time...
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2006, 01:29:03 PM »

I?m not going to name any current bands to avoid offense but I really doubt they will ever have a place in the throne of Rock?n?roll.

Some can be better, some can be worse but within a few years they won?t even be remembered. Bands like Metallica,Iron Maiden,GNR...etc are not going to change Rock music because they DID change it in their time. Maybe now they could save Rock?n?roll from its current apathy and lack of originality, not changing it but evolving and bringing back the spirit.

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
guns_n_motley
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2006, 01:31:10 PM »

I?m not going to name any currents band to avoid offense but I really doubt they will ever have a place in the throne of Rock?n?roll.

Some can be better, some can be worse but within a few years they won?t even be remembered. Bands like Metallica,Iron Maiden,GNR...etc are not going to change Rock music because they DID change it in their time. Maybe now they could save Rock?n?roll from its current apathy and lack of originality, not changing it but evolving and bringing back the spirit.

old bands arent goign to bring it back, but if kids are opened up to the older bands who were good musicians, they make pick up guitar or drums, or try and sing like that... and create their own bands in that vein...

its all about influence... if all kids hear these days is EMO, their gonna play EMO... but if a kid hears GNR and says "hmm let me check out bands like them" and checks out bands from the 60s,70s,80s he can have some good influences for music...
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2006, 01:31:38 PM »

It's been a long time since there was a truly great band around, and i'm not talking about the ones already around.

Band's like Muse are where it's at now... no other band sounds like them, and that's what is needed for a band to change the world. ?Not faux machoism and posing.
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2006, 01:32:57 PM »

beer

EXACTlY!!! Im not saying the band has to sound just like gnr, they just have to take those Led Zeppelin influences and bring it back...

sad thing is ROck was ALWAYS about having a good time, not taking yourself too seriously(except for the music of course) now everything is TOO serious.. we need some bands who just are having a good time....

thats why bands like Aerosmith, rollingstones are timeless IMO they werent trying to make a statement, just playing Rock music and having a good time...

beer beer beer
HOLY CRAP we have the exact same look on music man. Music is about having fun letting loss of forgetting about everyday life. SUre some serious moments here and there but now a days bands take it too far. Either direction you gotta balance both because too much fun = simple plan shit , and too serious = boring music. Yea it's not about making some huge statment it's about playing balls to the wall rock n roll. We need a band to balance out both , but we havent gotten any so far. A band that will struggle to make it to the top and have those years were they are IT. Rock n roll used to be about partying and drinking and just going buck wild , what is rock n roll now? I have no f'n clue , but i have no doubt that in a couple years we will have our band man , our back to the basic hard rock band.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2006, 01:34:12 PM »

Another blues-based classic rock guitarist is the last thing we need! ?That's called regression, people! ?And music is all about progression!
Tell Axl that you think we should be looking to the past instead of the here and now or the future and he'd probably laugh in your face, becase he's one of the most progressive musicians out there!
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2006, 01:35:47 PM »

Band's like Muse are where it's at now... no other band sounds like them, and that's what is needed for a band to change the world. ?Not faux machoism and posing.

whats need is original sound , AND a bad ass image and attitude. Really i know music is not image but it does play a factor into it , if axl was fat , and bald in 1988 gnr would have never gotten anywhere.To the guy who said if you listen to emo then you play emo CORRECT man i used to listen to nirvana so I played em , then i discovered sabbath , zeppelin , stones, ac.dc , gnr , crue , black crows etc... and I played them as do MANY kids that are growing up who are in my age ( 15-17 ) so within the next years ( we will be 19-21 ) a band will emerge...
guns_n_motley
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2006, 01:36:44 PM »

Another blues-based classic rock guitarist is the last thing we need! ?That's called regression, people! ?And music is all about progression!
Tell Axl that you think we should be looking to the past instead of the here and now or the future and he'd probably laugh in your face, becase he's one of the most progressive musicians out there!

so why cant that blues based classic rock guitarist take what was given to him and make it different???

when GNR came out people called them "aerosmith ripoffs" ?but they added something to the formula that aerosmith didnt..

Eddie Van Halen listened to tons of blues artists. he took that and improved on it and made his own style of shredding, finger tapping...

you can listen to older stuff and make it different..
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2006, 01:39:57 PM »

music is not a GAME man , it's music. What is wrong with regression? Why must people keep trying to push the boundarie further and further , what is the point. Wacky sounds doesnt mean good music , original no shit , but good hell no. How do you gain influence buddy? By looking to the past and learning. We have no blues basic rock guitarist around , a modern one a new guy on the scene. I just think we need another rock n roll band , not some progressive band that is trying to wierd out everything. Guns N Motely THANK YOU

people looked at slash and said HAHAH rip off , that's what music is about looking to the past and adding in your own personality and creating some music. Slash never got any respect until after AFD , people call page sloppy , since when is music about perfection?
Origen
« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2006, 01:41:08 PM »

No, people think Axl is passed it now, to save Rock N Roll you need a fresh, young new band to save it. I wish Axl could but I doubt he will.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: