Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 09:34:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Can Axl save rock n roll with chinese democracy??
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can Axl save rock n roll with chinese democracy??  (Read 38474 times)
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #100 on: October 15, 2006, 02:19:31 PM »

Have any of you really looked at the outside world, or are you all in a dreamworld where everyone loves the 80s, and they're just waiting for a band to come out just like the stuff back then... because you know, that's why the stuff became so unpopular in the first place. Roll Eyes ?The world has moved on... and so should you. ?The bands who are so pathetically lost in the past are never going to get anywhere. ?Chinese Democracy will be an album that has progressed far beyond the dated sound of 15-20 years ago. ?It's going to sound a lot like all of the modern bands you despise so much. ?So if you can't open your mind's up to that, you're all fucked when the record actually comes out.

it doesnt have to be the stuff back then , it can have many twists and turnrs. It became unpopular because it got old ?so a new form of music moved in , now the new music is getting old and pushing the limits etc is boring , so the new shall become classic rock with a new twist. Yea i know it's going to sound like modern bands , thats why im downloading it buddy. Im a classic gnr fan not a new one.

i've seen them and seen tabs all they play is power chords buddy sorry to burst your little world were everyone thinks pushing limits means amazing music , and listening to a band determines if they use power chords or not. Exactly slash took what joe perry had and expanded ( as joe perry took from page who took from various random black blues players lol ) exactly it's so simple to be a guitarist now a days....

see my friends band is something i like and dig , i want a band like this ( maybe more rock n roll less southern ) to get somewhere..

www.myspace.com/straightfork

thats GOOD gutiar playing.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #101 on: October 15, 2006, 02:19:40 PM »

The music is progressing... if it sounds different, that's progression. ?Doesn't matter how difficult it is to play. ?Regression is when something comes out that went out of fashion years ago.

yes, soundwise it is progressing, but musically wise, it isnt... It does matter how difficult it is to play.. because the more simplified you make music, the lower the standards are...

why waste my time practicing for years and be as good ?as jimi page?? when I can be a kurt cobain within 6months...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #102 on: October 15, 2006, 02:20:08 PM »

I lean to MrRedfield's opinion. Doesn't "badass" sound a bit childish? Ok, A matter of taste.
Any music is danceable to me, btw

Like many have said in this thread, and in many other threads identical to this, I don't think RnR needs to be saved, whatever it means. I hear the major music scene was little better than now in the 70s or 80s. There're always people who think like everything was beautiful in elder times.
there're many good bands here and there and I don't think I like '80s metal. 
GNR is aloof.
No band has changed the scene single-handedly.
Some say axl single-handedly changed the surroundings tho.

1. gnr is just not all about axl. Real fans go to thee guns n roses. the whole band not just axl. If you say the new band is all about axl then you are not a fan. you are an axl fan. Not a guns n roses fan. The new members fucking kick ass

You said it! ok

axl cant save rock n roll because hes not going to produce rock n roll music.

isnt it obvious from the demos this music certainly isnt rock n roll.

Is it obvious?
In that case, what is it and what is rock n roll? Is tool, korn or muse rock?  Huh
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #103 on: October 15, 2006, 02:21:52 PM »

The music is progressing... if it sounds different, that's progression. ?Doesn't matter how difficult it is to play. ?Regression is when something comes out that went out of fashion years ago.

yes, soundwise it is progressing, but musically wise, it isnt... It does matter how difficult it is to play.. because the more simplified you make music, the lower the standards are...

why waste my time practicing for years and be as good ?as jimi page?? when I can be a kurt cobain within 6months...

It doesn't matter at all... if you can write a good tune with limited technical skill, go for it!  It's the tune that matters, not the technicality.

J.J. Cook
Headliner

« Reply #104 on: October 15, 2006, 02:22:41 PM »

No those bands are really rock, they're alternative. But APC are broken up now so they're not really a good example.

I hate fanboys.
AtariLegend
« Reply #105 on: October 15, 2006, 02:23:13 PM »

The music is progressing...- This thread is progressing
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #106 on: October 15, 2006, 02:23:36 PM »

It doesn't matter at all... if you can write a good tune with limited technical skill, go for it! It's the tune that matters, not the technicality.

exactly with that mentality is why music has been stuck in a rut for awhile. Ok bad ass does sound a little child ish but im sure everyone gets what i mean. A band that has crazy antics. You dont just get inspired by someones playing , their attitude does as well. That's the problem a good tune is now 3 power chords and some singning maybe a few fills. What happened to the days where there were lyircs with meaning , guitarist with flare , bassist with presense?
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #107 on: October 15, 2006, 02:24:47 PM »

Lyrics with meaning?  You mean... "Girls girls girls"? Roll Eyes
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #108 on: October 15, 2006, 02:26:43 PM »

no i mean paradise city or stairway to heaven , crue is just a fun band man , home sweet home thats a great song with some meaningful lyrics.
J.J. Cook
Headliner

« Reply #109 on: October 15, 2006, 02:28:01 PM »

Well Girls Girls Girls has meaning. Just not a very deep one. But The Crue does have some meaningful songs

I hate fanboys.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #110 on: October 15, 2006, 02:28:16 PM »

Sorry... you just said Paradise City's lyrics were meaningful. rofl ?Appetite For Destruction was an amazing album, but Axl didn't start trying to insert any deep meaning into his lyrics until Use Your Illusion.
AtariLegend
« Reply #111 on: October 15, 2006, 02:28:36 PM »

no i mean paradise city or stairway to heaven , crue is just a fun band man , home sweet home thats a great song with some meaningful lyrics.

Estranged is a song with meaning, paradise city is just an anthem.
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #112 on: October 15, 2006, 02:30:11 PM »

Sorry... you just said Paradise City's lyrics were meaningful. rofl ?Appetite For Destruction was an amazing album, but Axl didn't start trying to insert any deep meaning into his lyrics until Use Your Illusion.

but see dont look at through your point think of a 12 or 13 year that is listening that speaks to them man  ( trust me ) it's like take them to a place where all is fine. AFD changed my entire life , and it happened for a reason.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #113 on: October 15, 2006, 02:31:47 PM »

not every song has to have a deep meaning...
J.J. Cook
Headliner

« Reply #114 on: October 15, 2006, 02:33:15 PM »

As long as it has a meaning. Some lyrics make no sense at all.

I hate fanboys.
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #115 on: October 15, 2006, 02:33:35 PM »

not every song has to have a deep meaning...

hihi man you are so right

people think that you must have the most complex arrengement of lyrics and guitars and instruments to make a good song, that or either they strum 3 chords no bands in the middle.
AtariLegend
« Reply #116 on: October 15, 2006, 02:34:41 PM »

If songs had to have meaning, 99%+ of music woudn't exist and we would all be Sonic Youth fans.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 02:37:20 PM by AtariLegend » Logged
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #117 on: October 15, 2006, 02:36:18 PM »

That said, there's still more meaning in a song like Heart-Shaped Box than there is in Paradise City - I love both songs, just for comparison.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #118 on: October 15, 2006, 02:36:27 PM »

As long as it has a meaning. Some lyrics make no sense at all.

just listen to scott weilands lyrics... dont make any sense.

"somebody raped my tapeworm abortion"
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #119 on: October 15, 2006, 02:38:00 PM »

The lyrics of the new songs are further refined.

This thread is progressing

True this time, the discussion is getting interesting. Please, people, keep it civil. yes
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: