Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 12:19:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Political Thread Shut Down
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Political Thread Shut Down  (Read 3416 times)
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« on: October 15, 2006, 02:20:46 PM »

Ok, the mods and others know the history here.  We used to have battles in the Jungle section on politics.  It was liberals against conservatives.  It became nasty and political threads were banned fo a period of time.

Well the North Korea thread popped up and the discussion was going well.  It was quite civil between the two sides and it was very interesting.  Then we get a guy named Bud Fox that comes in and starts name calling and going way way over board.  He brought nothing to his side and in the end he ended up getting the thread locked.

I'd like to be able to have some civil discussion on politics here.  I am wonder why you guys didn't just warn Bud Fox or give him a temp ban and allow the other 10-12 people involved to continue in a civil manner.  I think there was a concerted effort by guys like slc Berkley and myself to keep things civil there.  We had learned from the past that if we let it get out of control we were going to lose the right to discuss politics here.

I know there was no edict mentioned this time about stopping political threads, but I just wanted to discuss the situation here abit.  I wish you guys had warned Bud Fox before closing the thread.
AtariLegend
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 02:31:59 PM »

Charity Case, you were only willing to listen to 1 side your own, don't ditch Bud Fox cause the dude said somthing you didn't wanna here.
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 03:23:43 PM »

This thread is not for us to argue.  Look at Bud Fox's replies.  They are insultive, every one of them.  Calling people cunts and fucks and so on.  I am not here bashing you or slc.  My point is that he took it to insults and got the thread locked.  Whether I am conservative or liberal doesn't matter here.   Whether I listened to your side or not doesn't matter.  What matters is that we remain civil and hold a discussion.  You weren't around when these threads were banned before.  But what Bud Fox did was the reason why they got banned.  Look at his posts and read my first post here before you reply.   Wink  Under the rules of the board, he should probably be warned at a minimum.
AtariLegend
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2006, 03:41:17 PM »

"calling people cunts and fucks"

I offer my apologies.

As for the rest of his posts, they were pretty amusing.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 07:44:58 PM by AtariLegend » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 02:16:58 PM »

I see a bit of hypocrisy here. You are a liar who gives indirect insults rather then direct (Fox.) There is no real difference, except that Fox is not a liar.

Insults come with the Fox, but so do facts. All of which you ignored, and always have. If there were no insults you would attack the poster (like me.) If that was ignored then you would attack the silence as an admission of guilt. If that was ignored, you would create lies and attack them. There are endless ways your side ignores the true topic at hand. This time a poster came in who read you the riot act sandwiched in between cold hard facts. So you pretend the insults ?ruined? the thread; a way to dodge information he/she put out.

IMO Fox played you guys like a deck of cards and got exactly the response he wanted, while making a fool out of you at the same time. He?s a dick alright, but I still like him.

I could care less if politics came back here. I hope they don?t. But if they pop up and somebody puts you in your place, then good for them. Don't cry about it though.
AtariLegend
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2006, 02:19:52 PM »

I hope that was directed towards Charity Case, and not myself.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2006, 02:32:55 PM »

I hope that was directed towards Charity Case, and not myself.

It was.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2006, 02:39:30 PM »

I see a bit of hypocrisy here. You are a liar who gives indirect insults rather then direct (Fox.) There is no real difference, except that Fox is not a liar.

Insults come with the Fox, but so do facts. All of which you ignored, and always have. If there were no insults you would attack the poster (like me.) If that was ignored then you would attack the silence as an admission of guilt. If that was ignored, you would create lies and attack them. There are endless ways your side ignores the true topic at hand. This time a poster came in who read you the riot act sandwiched in between cold hard facts. So you pretend the insults ?ruined? the thread; a way to dodge information he/she put out.

IMO Fox played you guys like a deck of cards and got exactly the response he wanted, while making a fool out of you at the same time. He?s a dick alright, but I still like him.

I could care less if politics came back here. I hope they don?t. But if they pop up and somebody puts you in your place, then good for them. Don't cry about it though.

so you're calling the mods hypocrites???

i think that's unfair. it's perfectly clear why the thread got locked. because of BF's mindlessness. he's calls people names (vlugar ones at that) non-stop. it's a direct violation of the board rules. 

i too wish they had given BF a warning, but they have chosen zero tolerance (and i can understand why).

and you can call people fools all you want, but this CERTAINLY isn't the place to argue. not sure why you chose this thread to continue the argument. it was locked by the mods for a reason.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2006, 02:47:12 PM »

Please find one instance of me lying in the thread in question. ? You can't because I told no lies. ?Why make this accusation man? ?Why does your side always need to get insultive?

Insults come with the Fox

Exactly my point.

but so do facts. All of which you ignored, and always have.

No one wants to respond to a guy thats calling people fucks and cunts man. ?If he would have just handled things maturely he'd get more responses to his "facts".

If there were no insults you would attack the poster (like me.) If that was ignored then you would attack the silence as an admission of guilt.

Again, I never insulted you in that thread. ?I disagreed with you, but that is not an insult. ?I think you are confused on the meaning of th word "insult". ?I'd like to see where I insulted you or attacked your silence as an admission of guilt. ?it didn't happen. ?Again, I thought after you made the New years day apology to everyone and we wiped the slate clean that we could discuss here without these type of things. ?Why make accusations like this now when they are not true? ?Very weird to me how your mind works.

This time a poster came in who read you the riot act sandwiched in between cold hard facts. So you pretend the insults ?ruined? the thread

Yes he ruined the thread. ?It was his insults that got the thread closed. ?I'd say that constitutes as ruining the thread. ?And "read us th riot act"...please man. ?All he did was call Busha cunt and us "fucks". ?How is that reading us the riot act. ?The topic was about what to do with NK now that they have nukes. ?It was not a topic about bashing Bush. ?I even went so far as to say "let's presume everything bad in the world is Bush's fault" and take it from there. ?

IMO Fox played you guys like a deck of cards and got exactly the response he wanted, while making a fool out of you at the same time.

He played no one man. ?You act like its some sort of contest. ?It was simply a discussion, that's all. ?He came out looking like the fool because he couldn't hold the discussion without getting vulger. ?I'm not sure how old you are man, but you have a lot to learn about maturity if you think he looked like anything other than a fool.

He?s a dick alright, but I still like him.

Wow, that's real hard to believe (again probably speaks more for your age than anything). ?You are the true definition of what they used to call in the south "a yellow dog liberal". ?meaning, you'd vote for a yellow dog if that's who the liberal ran. ?So for you to say you like him is not hard to believe.

I guess this spealls the end of the political threads. ? Undecided ?The jungle can go back to topics about daughters on herion and who is the coolest htgth member. ?Too bad.
AtariLegend
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2006, 02:53:46 PM »

It's silly that some of you seem to expect a debate, without an argument.

The North Korea thread was nothing but Pro-bush propaganda, I'm not anti-US because I don't like bush.

If someone wasn't willing totally lay all the blame on Clinton they were mocked.

I not saying Clinton was innocent, but he didn't declare another war every year.

Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2006, 02:56:50 PM »

Before this continues, we should just stop right here.  This Administrative section is not the place to have this debate.  I just simply wanted to post that i wish a warning had been given to Bud Fox before closign the thread...that's all.  For my part, I won't continue the political discussion here.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: