Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 11:11:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  NOT TRUE: CD Out November 21st?
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NOT TRUE: CD Out November 21st?  (Read 149981 times)
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #1100 on: October 17, 2006, 10:50:29 AM »

I'm a huge Slash fan but I'm also a huge GN'R fan
guns_n_motley
« Reply #1101 on: October 17, 2006, 10:58:36 AM »

I'm a huge Slash fan but I'm also a huge GN'R fan

same here yes
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #1102 on: October 17, 2006, 11:08:40 AM »

So, a true fan should want Chinese Democracy to reach as wide an audience as possible.

i understand this logic but IMO the name Guns N Roses alone is gonna give this album all the edge it needs Wink

codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1103 on: October 17, 2006, 11:15:46 AM »

when CD is released will they mention it on the news, mention all the years it has been in the making (..or scrapped, restarted, scrapped, restarted..). Or will the album just slip out without fuss peace
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 11:18:51 AM by codenameninja » Logged
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1104 on: October 17, 2006, 11:32:03 AM »

I just think the whole JayZ thing has been totally blown out of proportion.

Come on, what percentage of GnR fans out their also like RAP? Surely you dont believe its a high enough proportion to threaten GnRs sales?
Huh Huh Huh
The point is not that GN'R fans will stand there in the record shop going, "Hmm, which to buy, GN'R or Jay-Z?" The point is that there are more rap fans than rock fans in the US, ergo Jay-Z's album will (in all likelihood) sell more if they're released on the same day. Particularly as he's, y'know, actually promoting his album...

SG

Yes. This isn't a rap vs. rock thread. It's about the general masses that  buy music. The record label already knows that the GNr fanbase will buy the CD. What they want is to get the $$$  from the average music fan who has a tight budget and doesn't have the loyalty to one band or one genre of music. The more big "new releases" there are to choose from, the less liklihood that they might make an impulse decision to buy the GnR CD.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #1105 on: October 17, 2006, 11:56:22 AM »

I just think the whole JayZ thing has been totally blown out of proportion.

Come on, what percentage of GnR fans out their also like RAP? Surely you dont believe its a high enough proportion to threaten GnRs sales?
Huh Huh Huh
The point is not that GN'R fans will stand there in the record shop going, "Hmm, which to buy, GN'R or Jay-Z?" The point is that there are more rap fans than rock fans in the US, ergo Jay-Z's album will (in all likelihood) sell more if they're released on the same day. Particularly as he's, y'know, actually promoting his album...

SG

Yes. This isn't a rap vs. rock thread. It's about the general masses that? buy music. The record label already knows that the GNr fanbase will buy the CD. What they want is to get the $$$? from the average music fan who has a tight budget and doesn't have the loyalty to one band or one genre of music. The more big "new releases" there are to choose from, the less liklihood that they might make an impulse decision to buy the GnR CD.

What about all the other million cd's that stay out as new releases or best sellers at the front of the store for a month hihi

do people actually sit there and decide what to buy? just to spend $15...i find that unlikely

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1106 on: October 17, 2006, 10:41:39 PM »

I think its lame if someone doesnt listen to Chinese Democracy cause of Slash and I also think its lame for someone to not listen to Velvet Revolver cause of Axl.

As long as people dont try to discredit or shit on the original band to try and make the new band seem better, I have no problems with the new band.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Bono
« Reply #1107 on: October 17, 2006, 10:46:36 PM »

I think its lame if someone doesnt listen to Chinese Democracy cause of Slash and I also think its lame for someone to not listen to Velvet Revolver cause of Axl.

As long as people dont try to discredit or shit on the original band to try and make the new band seem better, I have no problems with the new band.

I agree 100%. Too bad that people seem to have the mindset of shitting on the old band and some have it of shitting on the new band just to further their agenda of making one seem better than the other.  I know who I like better. the old band for me is just more real. It's Guns N' Roses in it's truest form. the new band is extremely awesome and I want to hear CD very much but like you said anyone who chooses not to listen to CD because of Slash or whoever not being involved has some serious issues. Same goes for anyone who was not willing to give VR a chance becasue Axl wasn't involved.
a.
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1108 on: October 17, 2006, 11:00:47 PM »

I agree 100%. Too bad that people seem to have the mindset of shitting on the old band and some have it of shitting on the new band just to further their agenda of making one seem better than the other.? I know who I like better. the old band for me is just more real. It's Guns N' Roses in it's truest form. the new band is extremely awesome and I want to hear CD very much but like you said anyone who chooses not to listen to CD because of Slash or whoever not being involved has some serious issues. Same goes for anyone who was not willing to give VR a chance becasue Axl wasn't involved.

Slash was involved. He influenced Axl over the years.

a.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #1109 on: October 18, 2006, 12:14:08 AM »

well my feeking is greatness , doesnt have to be promoted, it just is
Bollocks it is. Appetite for Destruction became successful after MTV's late-night broadcast of the WTTJ video. A video is a promotional tool; if it hadn't been broadcast, if their promotions people hadn't been canny enough to take the "MTV bombarded by requests for WTTJ" story and get some coverage with it in the media, if they hadn't carried on promoting the band constantly... most likely you yourself wouldn't have heard about GN'R. They'd just have been another small band with some very good songs that folded after a moderately successful debut album. Music is about mass entertainment; if a band isn't commercially successful, it won't reach a wide audience, won't get the backing it needs to keep on making music (for all the talk of the internet liberating artists, that new business model hasn't yet come of age). So, a true fan should want Chinese Democracy to reach as wide an audience as possible.

SG

Actually it was SCOM that made gnr huge  Tongue

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #1110 on: October 18, 2006, 02:40:36 AM »

well my feeking is greatness , doesnt have to be promoted, it just is
Bollocks it is. Appetite for Destruction became successful after MTV's late-night broadcast of the WTTJ video. A video is a promotional tool; if it hadn't been broadcast, if their promotions people hadn't been canny enough to take the "MTV bombarded by requests for WTTJ" story and get some coverage with it in the media, if they hadn't carried on promoting the band constantly... most likely you yourself wouldn't have heard about GN'R. They'd just have been another small band with some very good songs that folded after a moderately successful debut album. Music is about mass entertainment; if a band isn't commercially successful, it won't reach a wide audience, won't get the backing it needs to keep on making music (for all the talk of the internet liberating artists, that new business model hasn't yet come of age). So, a true fan should want Chinese Democracy to reach as wide an audience as possible.

SG

understand , I am a true fan, and I do believe, that there will be a huge promotion for CD, and it will reach a wide audience, I just, imo, believe, it wont be traditional.

And that has been my feeling for yrs. When it comes, and in my mind AXL will be the one to announe  it.

Hypetheditcal: THe tour starts next week, and on opening night, of the show Axl talks to the Audience, and then goes this is, (whatever tune), and its new, and you will all be hearing it on your radios tomorrow. And btw, CD , sly grin, get it next week!,

And they take that video and post it on thier website for all to see. Now come on you dont think that would rock, and how so many news outlets would be scrammbling to announce that cd is coming out!.

See I dunno I think creatively, not corporately!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Midnight Gunner
Banned
Rocker

Ain't it fun?

« Reply #1111 on: October 18, 2006, 02:45:31 AM »

I just hope it comes out.
AtariLegend
« Reply #1112 on: October 18, 2006, 02:47:46 AM »

I just hope it comes out.

That is so deep, man.
Bono
« Reply #1113 on: October 18, 2006, 02:48:31 AM »

understand , I am a true fan, and I do believe, that there will be a huge promotion for CD, and it will reach a wide audience, I just, imo, believe, it wont be traditional.

And that has been my feeling for yrs. When it comes, and in my mind AXL will be the one to announe? it.

Hypetheditcal: THe tour starts next week, and on opening night, of the show Axl talks to the Audience, and then goes this is, (whatever tune), and its new, and you will all be hearing it on your radios tomorrow. And btw, CD , sly grin, get it next week!,

And they take that video and post it on thier website for all to see. Now come on you dont think that would rock, and how so many news outlets would be scrammbling to announce that cd is coming out!.

See I dunno I think creatively, not corporately!
that would be cool Jazjme but I can't honestly see anything like that happening. I mean for an album that has taking so much time and money to produce, for them to undercut the promo just doesn't make sense. ?With the Gn'R name and the avenues for promotional possibilities in todays age it's just not smart not to promote the hell out of it. Why risk the word of mouth method of gaining albums sales when they could explode right outta the gates. I'd thik they're wanting to taget an MTV generation as wella s long tiem fasn. Long tiem fasn will buy it MTV kids need ot be coxed and one week just isn't enough time. Undecided
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #1114 on: October 18, 2006, 02:54:19 AM »

ah well so much for me being positive. But truth is non of us know what is happening"behind the scenes".

We were giving a whole hella of lot of information in "GNR WORLD", in a really small fucking time considering. And then a whole week goes by, or was it 2, where MErck said , rolling stone picked the wrong tues.lol And all of a sudden people are panicking, to me I find this quite extrodinarily funny considering! beer

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
AtariLegend
« Reply #1115 on: October 18, 2006, 02:57:25 AM »

Did anyone ever ask the rest of the band other than Axl recently.
Bono
« Reply #1116 on: October 18, 2006, 03:02:27 AM »

ah well so much for me being positive. But truth is non of us know what is happening"behind the scenes".

We were giving a whole hella of lot of information in "GNR WORLD", in a really small fucking time considering. And then a whole week goes by, or was it 2, where MErck said , rolling stone picked the wrong tues.lol And all of a sudden people are panicking, to me I find this quite extrodinarily funny considering! beer

Nah man nothing wrong with being positive but for me I'm extremely cautiously positive. I mean I just can't see them puttng out the album without at least the standard type of pomo for a major release if not more promo, and at this point in time there should be a ?single on radio, a release date announced and interviews in magazines in regards to the album. I guess more than anything I'm confused as to what they are doing because in my mind none of it makes sense despite us all knowing that Gn'R dont' normally make sense anyways. ?This just isn't a typical situation though and at some point it has to start making sense. Such a ?highly anticipated album and yet nobody seems willing to talk about it or even hint about it. Too much secrecy for this the 11th hour in my opinion. .
fixintodie
« Reply #1117 on: October 18, 2006, 07:47:33 AM »

And for there to be a wrong Tuesday, it follows that there must be a right one...doesn't it?  nervous
me2u838
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1118 on: October 18, 2006, 07:54:37 AM »

This is pretty pathetic haha but I had a dream the whole band was on stage not playing but at like an awards show or something and all the sudden Axl says oh by the way the CD will be out tomorrow!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #1119 on: October 18, 2006, 08:38:43 AM »

I agree 100%. Too bad that people seem to have the mindset of shitting on the old band and some have it of shitting on the new band just to further their agenda of making one seem better than the other.? I know who I like better. the old band for me is just more real. It's Guns N' Roses in it's truest form. the new band is extremely awesome and I want to hear CD very much but like you said anyone who chooses not to listen to CD because of Slash or whoever not being involved has some serious issues. Same goes for anyone who was not willing to give VR a chance becasue Axl wasn't involved.

well there are people who think VR sucks cuz Weiland isn't as good as Axl...so what's the diff...i think it is pretty silly concept myself but it's bound to happen...people already turn their noses up when you say GnR and they say "is slash back or just axl still....uggh no thanks"

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: