Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 12:36:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy Banned
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy Banned  (Read 9348 times)
Teapot
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: October 23, 2006, 04:53:34 PM »

I'm a journalist and Jarmo is what we call in the business a "flack" or a "pr man." He is basically a hired geek for Gn'R management who does their bidding to get some sugar at the end. It's his choice so what the hell. I've been checking this site out for years but now I only rarely check it. The whole idea of not allowing people to talk about a fucking magazine article is the worst and most infantile form of censorship. And the fact that he goes along with the request proves that he is more interested in keeping his lips firmly wrapped around his GNR sugar daddy then looking out for the interest of the board members.
And so now I will be told to fuck off and go to another board and blah, blah, blah because the majority of people on this site are sheep.
And that's pretty ironic that a band that was originally based on pure fucking rebellion and giving the finger to the establishment now has a guy running a site who won't allow people to discuss topics freely.
I don't give a fuck what his reasons are (and yeah I know I can go elsewhere) but the idea that he is OK with this and that so many people on this site are OK with this is is pathetic.
Everybody should go to chinesedemocracy.com where people are allowed to talk about anything that strikes their mind.
And in the spirit of what GNR was originally based on, tell that knee-draggin' pigfucker Jarmo to take his locked topics and shove them right up his tight ass.

I was going to post this in another topic about us being censored but surpirse surprise, it was locked.
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 04:55:52 PM »

drool
I wonder...
is this thread gonna get deleted, or locked?

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
GNRBABY
Rocker

I'm on you like white on rice mutha fucka!

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 04:56:32 PM »

Shocked Holly X-Mas!

Liar! You should be banned!!  rant
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 04:57:27 PM »

surprise surprise, this one would get locked as well.

Tell me, how can you discuss the song 'sorry'  with a vague discription??? you can't, the threads about it will only lead to nonsense discussions... etc

The cencership is only for a few days, at least, thats what I think.

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Rockdawg
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 04:57:43 PM »

It ain't right.  Does he come to your house and talk trash about you?

So do not come to his house and do that.

Be respectful. ok

Times are hard,
Thrills are cheaper.
Your arms get shorter,
While your pockets get deeper.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 04:58:58 PM »

Oh, I'm a journalist too. But, unlike you, I know that we should respect and preserve our sources. Also, there's the ethic about running a site devoted for a subject and jarmo seems to be the right guy to do it. I don't think you can understand that because, well, all you did was crying like a baby and dissing the guy - now THAT's pathetic.

Also, if you like so much cd.com, where you can diss anyone without being censored, have fun there! ok

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 05:00:48 PM »

Ctrl + V, Post

This is getting old.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Wicked Demon
Rocker

my post was Here Yesterday...

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2006, 05:02:33 PM »

I wrote for my school paper in high school, so I guess I am a journalist, too.

Anyway, thanks to Jarmo's site here, I've been able to see GNR four times this year.

Not only that, but-- even though he acknowledges and acts on some of GNR's requests-- I haven't missed out on any news because there are oh, four other boards to check every so often.

And if you check here as often as you used to, then you probably saw the news here, too.

So what's the problem?
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2006, 05:03:17 PM »

Oh, I'm a journalist too. But, unlike you, I know that we should respect and preserve our sources. Also, there's the ethic about running a site devoted for a subject and jarmo seems to be the right guy to do it. I don't think you can understand that because, well, all you did was crying like a baby and dissing the guy - now THAT's pathetic.

Also, if you like so much cd.com, where you can diss anyone without being censored, have fun there! ok

What publication do you write for?

I'm studying journalism as a major.

Anywho, this guy at least has posted observations in a more acceptable manner than some of the past, i.e. the "LOL THIS SUX" stuff. But it's still pretty lame.

Jarmo has connections with management - so what?

Merck asked all the forums to not allow the leaks to be spread and all the forums abided by it. People at MyGNR are calling us "pussies" for obeying Merck, but if I recall the mods there STILL don't let the leaks be spread, so what the hell?
GunsN'Gravy
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2006, 05:03:25 PM »

I think Jarmo's just doing as He's told, I would like to know why He has to do it and I'd like to know why some fan son this board are so bitchy and whiney. They think they are important because they have 70000000 posts? I can get 70000000 posts if all I do is write, "You're pathetic Roll Eyes". Save time and give 75% of this board only the ?Roll Eyes smiley.

Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature
Axls Roses
Opening Act

where today?

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2006, 05:04:03 PM »

I'm a journalist and Jarmo is what we call in the business a "flack" or a "pr man." He is basically a hired geek for Gn'R management who does their bidding to get some sugar at the end. It's his choice so what the hell. I've been checking this site out for years but now I only rarely check it. The whole idea of not allowing people to talk about a fucking magazine article is the worst and most infantile form of censorship. And the fact that he goes along with the request proves that he is more interested in keeping his lips firmly wrapped around his GNR sugar daddy then looking out for the interest of the board members.
And so now I will be told to fuck off and go to another board and blah, blah, blah because the majority of people on this site are sheep.
And that's pretty ironic that a band that was originally based on pure fucking rebellion and giving the finger to the establishment now has a guy running a site who won't allow people to discuss topics freely.
I don't give a fuck what his reasons are (and yeah I know I can go elsewhere) but the idea that he is OK with this and that so many people on this site are OK with this is is pathetic.
Everybody should go to chinesedemocracy.com where people are allowed to talk about anything that strikes their mind.
And in the spirit of what GNR was originally based on, tell that knee-draggin' pigfucker Jarmo to take his locked topics and shove them right up his tight ass.

I was going to post this in another topic about us being censored but surpirse surprise, it was locked.

That was my thread, you just spoke my every thought. ?It's ironic as as well, i'm a media studies student so journalism is one of my most predominant fields.

Wonderful post!!!

I hope you get to see this before this thread gets deleted

AR

"He's in my ass, thats where Slash is, fuckhead, go home!"
bangit
Rocker

Here Today..been on mygnr for past few years.

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2006, 05:05:05 PM »

i agree, this board is ridiculous, fuck it. im goin back to mygnr. when theres shit to discuss, you aint allowed to talk about it! lol

fuckin joke.

Rock in Rio Lisbon 2006, Download Dublin 2006, Sheffield 2006, Helsinki Live festival 2010, Leeds Festival 2010, Manchester 2010! 6 fucking amazing experiences! Where in 2012?Huh?
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2006, 05:05:26 PM »

Merck asked all the forums to not allow the leaks to be spread and all the forums abided by it. People at MyGNR are calling us "pussies" for obeying Merck, but if I recall the mods there STILL don't let the leaks be spread, so what the hell?

That's cheap. Surely you see the difference between distributing copyright material and discussing public articles.

Axls Roses
Opening Act

where today?

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2006, 05:07:25 PM »

Anywho, this guy at least has posted observations in a more acceptable manner than some of the past, i.e. the "LOL THIS SUX" stuff. But it's still pretty lame.

You're just pissed because you got banned from mygnr after less than 30 posts.

AR

"He's in my ass, thats where Slash is, fuckhead, go home!"
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2006, 05:07:51 PM »

That's cheap. Surely you see the difference between distributing copyright material and discussing public articles.

That's not my point.

The reason mods didn't let people distribute the leaks was due to the fact that Merck ASKED them not to. If he hadn't, no one would have cared.

Merck asked Jarmo not to let people discuss the Better HD ad. Merck did not ask other forums because they do not have as close a connection with management as Jarmo does.

If Jarmo did not do as Merck asks, wouldn't it be as bad as disobeying ANYTHING Merck says? We may as well start passing the leaks on the open forum.

Blame Merck, not Jarmo/mods.
GNRBABY
Rocker

I'm on you like white on rice mutha fucka!

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2006, 05:08:24 PM »

I'd have to agree here. They are discussing more openly on MTV's website for gods sake Shocked

Liar! You should be banned!!  rant
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2006, 05:09:13 PM »

You're just pissed because you got banned from mygnr after less than 30 posts.

AR

I had an account on MyGNR for over a year, friend.  Huh
xxrosesxx
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2006, 05:10:21 PM »

Teapot, i get your point. I am an admin in a major board of another band and i get the same comments as well. Sometimes it's too hard to risk the privileges and trust you GAIN with your work, the respect from the band you have been promoted for years, just so you can satisfy a douzen people who think that learning some info 2-3 days prior to an official release is a major event.
I do get your point though. People like admins look like big posers and ass kissers simply because they have to act strict and protect their own "creation" and sometimes respect the band they promote.

Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2006, 05:11:41 PM »

Everyone who comes here makes a choice to abide by jarmo's rules. ?If they don't like it, they are free to leave and no one will give a rat's ass. ?Quit bitching about the only good GN'R site on the net. ?Goto cd.com or mygnr and have fun dealing with all the dipshits talk about Axl's hair or 20k different rumors and supposed insiders. ?The majority of us don't appreicate your comments.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2006, 05:12:56 PM »

That's not my point.

The reason mods didn't let people distribute the leaks was due to the fact that Merck ASKED them not to. If he hadn't, no one would have cared.

Merck asked Jarmo not to let people discuss the Better HD ad. Merck did not ask other forums because they do not have as close a connection with management as Jarmo does.

If Jarmo did not do as Merck asks, wouldn't it be as bad as disobeying ANYTHING Merck says? We may as well start passing the leaks on the open forum.

Blame Merck, not Jarmo/mods.

Off course Merck is the main guy to blame, but that's really insignificant. People aren't really pissed of at any person, they're pissed of that they can't discuss things that are important to them and things that are both naive to try and cencor and does not present any danger to the band business or otherwise.

Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: