Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 12:22:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Why can't the US have a NORMAL election for once?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why can't the US have a NORMAL election for once?  (Read 9607 times)
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2006, 11:10:02 AM »

Conservatives tend to be more evil, and more likely to cheat.
Liberals are better people with higher moral fiber.

That is such bullshit.

Both parties have some awful people in them. Both parties also have people who actually want to do the best they can to serve & help those who elected them. Each party has a different stance on key issues. Thats the difference between the two. It just depends on which course of action you agree with more.  This good and evil stuff is shit.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2006, 11:42:44 AM »

THIS is such bullshit....I really have no faith in our election process:

http://tinyurl.com/wra92

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
SLCPUNK
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2006, 12:53:03 PM »

They should scrap the entire process and go back to having a paper trail. Use exit polls to make sure everything is on the up and up.
Surfrider
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2006, 05:37:46 PM »

They should scrap the entire process and go back to having a paper trail. Use exit polls to make sure everything is on the up and up.
And use ID's so we can make sure that people vote once and only legal citizens vote.  Right?
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2006, 07:45:23 PM »

And use ID's so we can make sure that people vote once and only legal citizens vote.  Right?

You've mentioned this a few times - I haven't heard about all this so I can't really comment on it too much - but like you in the Obama thread I am too lazy to look up information (heheh)  Got any (unbiased) links??

Surfrider
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2006, 09:14:57 PM »

And use ID's so we can make sure that people vote once and only legal citizens vote.? Right?

You've mentioned this a few times - I haven't heard about all this so I can't really comment on it too much - but like you in the Obama thread I am too lazy to look up information (heheh)? Got any (unbiased) links??
I am too lazy to find a link. Wink  Here is a link that briefly discusses it
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/09/20/politics/main2027857.shtml
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2006, 10:08:33 PM »

You've mentioned this a few times - I haven't heard about all this so I can't really comment on it too much - but like you in the Obama thread I am too lazy to look up information (heheh)  Got any (unbiased) links??
I am too lazy to find a link. Wink  Here is a link that briefly discusses it

I read it briefly...I like the idea of it to be honest.  I do not want non US citizens deciding who is in office - thats just ridiculous.  That is an American right to vote for American officials - nobody elses.

However, the democrat arguement is a strong one.  NOBODY should face the risk of being disenfranchised...lets face it, this won't effect me and you, but the poor, the uneducated and the elderly would all be effected.  But I think the reason you keep bringing this up is b/c illegals sometimes vote and that angers me and I would hope it even angers the politicians they are voting for.

Surfrider
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2006, 10:13:11 PM »

And use ID's so we can make sure that people vote once and only legal citizens vote.? Right?

You've mentioned this a few times - I haven't heard about all this so I can't really comment on it too much - but like you in the Obama thread I am too lazy to look up information (heheh)? Got any (unbiased) links??
I am too lazy to find a link. Wink? Here is a link that briefly discusses it

I read it briefly...I like the idea of it to be honest.? I do not want non US citizens deciding who is in office - thats just ridiculous.? That is an American right to vote for American officials - nobody elses.

However, the democrat arguement is a strong one.? NOBODY should face the risk of being disenfranchised...lets face it, this won't effect me and you, but the poor, the uneducated and the elderly would all be effected.? But I think the reason you keep bringing this up is b/c illegals sometimes vote and that angers me and I would hope it even angers the politicians they are voting for.
Nice response.  Personally, I think the democrat argument is ridiculous and are merely tactics and excuses not support a position that will hurt the democratic vote.  The goverment will provide people with free IDs and will deliver them.  If a person can't prove that he/she is a citizen and obtain one of these cards, that person should probably not be voting.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2006, 02:45:14 PM »

With all the news going on about busted electronic voting machines, long lines etc...I figured I'd bump this thread.  Looks like the goons are out in full force in Virginia:

FBI looks into voter intimidation

The FBI is looking into possible voter intimidation in Virginia's hard-fought U.S. Senate contest between Republican incumbent George Allen and Democrat Jim Webb.

Just ahead of today's election, state officials alerted the U.S. Justice Department to several complaints of suspicious phone calls to voters about where they cast ballots and their preferences for the Senate.

Jean R. Jensen, secretary of the State Board of Elections, said yesterday that she was subsequently contacted by an agent in the FBI's Richmond office. The FBI is the investigative arm of the Justice Department.

Dee Rybiski, spokeswoman for the FBI here, declined comment.

Jensen said she called the Justice Department's civil rights office in Washington and the Virginia attorney general after receiving a complaint Sunday from a voter in Arlington County and one yesterday from the registrar in Accomack County.

Jensen said she later received a report from the Hampton registrar about a call to a voter there. That complaint came in response to an e-mail from Jensen to local registrars about possibly deceptive phone calls.

"Voters should not be intimidated or deceived by phone messages purporting to be from election officials," Jensen said in a written statement. "Any communication from federal, state or local election officials will always be in a written form clearly identifying the official source."

With published polls depicting the Allen-Webb race as a tossup, both sides are mobilizing lawyers and voting experts to watch for irregularities and prepare for a possible recount.

In a written statement issued by the Webb campaign, state Democratic Party counsel Jay B. Myerson suggested that Republicans are behind efforts to suppress votes for Webb.

"We've seen this tactic before, and it is about time the Republicans learned that it will not work," Myerson said.

Shawn M. Smith, executive director of the Virginia Republican Party, said the state GOP and Allen campaign are focusing on mobilizing votes for Allen.

As for voter intimidation or suppression, Smith said: "We are not aware of any such activities taking place and are skeptical of the claims being made. Nonetheless, we condemn such activities if they are being conducted by outside organizations."

J. Tucker Martin, spokesman for Attorney General Bob McDonnell, had no immediate comment.

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: