Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:37:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  Suggestions on a new amp.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Suggestions on a new amp.  (Read 2492 times)
Dirty Little Thing
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: October 19, 2006, 10:10:58 PM »

So, I've been wanting to get a new amp for a few months now and now im starting to save up some extra cash to buy one so someone give me some suggestions. Im looking for something in the 200-300 price range... give or take. So what would you guys recomend? I mostly play Hard Rock/Metal and right now im playing an Eleca Les Paul Guitar(http://www.elecaamps.com/2006/eeg400.htm#)

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 09:03:28 AM »

first of all you're gonna have to tell people your budget.

secondly i just did a thread like this a while ago and there is lots of great sugestions in it beer

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=34370.0

slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 11:20:25 AM »

marshall AVT100 As twisted shown me. www.GAK.com type in AVT100 and it will come up ?284  ok

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2006, 02:52:12 PM »

One of the Line6 SpiderII amps.  Totally amazing for their cheap price.  They sound great.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2006, 03:01:34 PM »

One of the Line6 SpiderII amps.? Totally amazing for their cheap price.? They sound great.

yeah great deal for a tight budget...

Dirty Little Thing
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2006, 06:54:33 PM »

first of all you're gonna have to tell people your budget.

secondly i just did a thread like this a while ago and there is lots of great sugestions in it beer

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=34370.0

In my first post it says im in the 200-300 price range but I probably wasn't too clear with that, but ill check out the thread thanks.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2006, 07:29:24 PM »

haha oops missed that Undecided

Roland Cube 30 is great

SpiderII 112 is way more wattage though (75) and more features

i thought the Marshall MG30 is good too (too but alot of people don't like them)

the samples for the Vox AD30VT sound amazing never played one in the store though Undecided and the marshall AVT20 is supposed to be good as well

Dirty Little Thing
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2006, 07:49:56 PM »

haha oops missed that Undecided

Roland Cube 30 is great

SpiderII 112 is way more wattage though (75) and more features

i thought the Marshall MG30 is good too (too but alot of people don't like them)

the samples for the Vox AD30VT sound amazing never played one in the store though Undecided and the marshall AVT20 is supposed to be good as well

Right now I have the Roland Cube Micro... it was my first amp and good for the price, but I don't particularly like it so Ill probably check out those others you recommended.  ok
makane
Legend

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2006, 05:37:21 AM »

Tech 21 Trademark 30

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
AXL 20
Rocker

Marijuana For President

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2006, 03:22:47 PM »

once again a peavey valveking 112. its 300 something on musicians friend. all tube, i own the 212 and it has texturecontrol to blend or choose different levels of class a/b and a

The legendary guitarist said that he does have some contact with Guns n' Roses singer Axl Rose, however.

"I've actually sent him Christmas cards, just to be cordial, but he never returns anything."
jak0lantern01
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2006, 04:10:17 PM »

What are your long term goals? I don't know, I've personally never heard too many raves about the Line 6 amps, but I'm sure people will swear by them. Perhaps save some more money and buy something better? I love my Mesa, but we're talking $$$$ with that one.
Dirty Little Thing
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2006, 12:30:12 AM »

What are your long term goals? I don't know, I've personally never heard too many raves about the Line 6 amps, but I'm sure people will swear by them. Perhaps save some more money and buy something better? I love my Mesa, but we're talking $$$$ with that one.

Well right now im just looking for a nice amp for just jamming on my guitar and jamming with friends, right now im focused on getting better and im sure when i get better and join a band ill be willing to spend the big bucks on a nice amp.
zman
Rocker

LONG LIVE 80's METAL!!

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2006, 09:34:01 AM »

Look into Carvin amps I have a Carvin Leagcy stack and it kicks ass. They have great combo amps with great speakers. I play a lot of thrash speed metal and get great sound out of it.
I also just bought a Line 6 spider III head and it has a lot of great features. I was never one that liked line 6 but this amp sounds great.

Just make sure you try an amp(if possible) out before you buy. Then check out all of the music stores online and search there close-out section and see if there is a amp inthere that you like. you will still get all the warranties and stuff but at a much lower rate. beer 

"IT'S ONE LOUDER ISN'T IT?"

"It's like a Sherlock Holmes story-a lot of fog and pipes."
AXL 20
Rocker

Marijuana For President

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2006, 09:02:30 PM »

once again a peavey valveking 112. its 300 something on musicians friend. all tube, i own the 212 and it has texturecontrol to blend or choose different levels of class a/b and a

just go to a store and try the peavey. its fucking all tube!

The legendary guitarist said that he does have some contact with Guns n' Roses singer Axl Rose, however.

"I've actually sent him Christmas cards, just to be cordial, but he never returns anything."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: