Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 06:49:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228009 Posts in 43257 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  . . .lest ye be judged (Or, how we learned to stop worrying and love the band.)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: . . .lest ye be judged (Or, how we learned to stop worrying and love the band.)  (Read 4673 times)
« on: October 26, 2006, 03:37:34 AM »

There's been a lot of whining and arguing lately over a couple of really basic issues (as you may have noticed) and I would like to ask all of you why.

A little background:
GNR are currently on tour, and displaying a characteristic lack of punctuality (also; melting faces, rocking socks off).
We have been told that the album will be out this year.
We have been told that the band will introduce new songs into their live set as this tour progresses.

The arguments are:
GNR should be on stage earlier.
GNR haven't got an album out yet.
GNR aren't playing a new set yet.

So I'm wondering why people feel the need to argue these points when two of them are promised to be fixed at a later date and the other one is never, ever, ever going to change. I can understand being frustrated with these things, it's natural when you've been following the course of events for as long as most of us have. What I don't understand is why either side feels the need to argue about things.

The album isn't here - - - - > It's coming out later this year.
The set is old - - - - - - - - > It will change later in the tour.
GNR start late - - - - - - - -> And always have/will.

What is there to fight about?
Better yet, how do feel about each of these points and why? Give a definative answer here and let the issue rest in all of the other threads.

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 03:43:11 AM »

I think alot of it is fear. Simply put, the 2002 tour fell apart so abruptly, many people including myself are concerned that poor reviews and low ticket sales could cause the band's focus to lapse.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
jbenzz
Rocker

I'm a dolphin

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 03:48:26 AM »

I'm gonna make this quick.

-> First of all, GNR shouldn't be playing the same songs every night. ?In the UYI days, they changed the sets up alot. ?I also don't think there is any harm in playing the new stuff live (not all on the same night but they could pick like 4 different ones for the album) because the only people that will hear it are the hardcore fans and we're gonna get the album anyways/listen the fuck out of it. ?I also feel sorry for fans that will see the band before the album comes out. ?Imagine you go see the band the say before the album is release and you miss out of seeing any of their new stuff live.

-> Unfortunately, we have heard this before. I do believe that it's going to come out but it would help ticket sales and would make me happier to know an actual release date. ?If they were going to do something special with it, such as just throw it in stores one day, they should have done it before the tour started.

GNR start late

-> I expect GNR to go on at 11:00. ?As a fan, I can understand that 11 is Axl's go time. ?The band knows they aren't going on till 11:00. ?They should print on the ticket, GNR starts at 11:00. ?That way they aren't decieving the casual fan. ?As for GNR starting at 12:00, that's bullshit and in inexcusable. ?Some people had been waiting there for 6 hrs before GNR even came on and people have to know that they can get home at a resonable hour, and have to know that the times they are told are going to stick so that they can make arrangments for babysitters, transportation home, and a bunch of other possibilities.

I tell my friends, they never believe me
They think that I've finally lost it completly
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 03:55:43 AM »

touring without an album is insane!

touring with not very much promo compared with other bands, is insane.

people are scared that this tour will fall apart, because of no album and over 40 shows played on "CD world tour" Roll Eyes

people have lives and the bands lateness only direspects fans who have given them sooooooo much. fact.

the band / management tell the fans nothing. absolutely nothing. and tidbits, like once  every 2 and a half years dont count.

the management try to censor the fans and tell them what to think / not think.

this thread will be deleted eventually, because freedom of speech has become a major issue, if the "news" from last week was allowed to be discussed people wouldn't be venting thier frustrations this way.

on the plus side.....

the band are touring

cd will be out this year (please god!!!)

peace, dont bash me for having an opinion

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 03:56:19 AM »

Since when is my argument, since 87 , when I was 17 and seen GNR at Sundace, and the Ritz and , etc, they never went on till midnight, no one was bitchng then, but I suspsect since fans from that era now have "grown up its unacceptable for them cause they now have lives", lol well live em!

Its been said it will be out! Believe what you want

Why the hell would they all of a sudden play all CD, when every night they play and remeber for the most part to so many people that havent seen the band and this band, in yrs?

Its just moronic for all the armchair concert goers to know it all!, if your in my age group and cant handle the concert scene, stay home or go to those who will appease you with shows that fit into your schedule , buy the album enjoy!, not everyone is built to sustain there passions, and responsibilities, If it annoys you don't go, just listen, you have nothing to contribute.

The faith of the album is really built on just that, and as far as the people who are seeing GNR for the first time , just rock the fuck out, dont listen to those "trolls", "adults who what to talk shit.

This is rock n Roll, and Im fucking glad to say I havent lost my edge! As I know many I met havent lost theres , a big beer and peace to many I met and know, and you other fuckers , shut the fuck up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol ;P

« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 03:58:06 AM by jazjme » Logged

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2006, 03:59:08 AM »

- this has been a characteristic of the band from the beginning.  it's getting old...just like the fans.  when I was 19 and the band didn't come out until 1 AM it was a rocking night...at 33, at 1 AM, I'm asleep (well, except tonight).  It would be nice for them to come on a little earlier...but it'll never change.  Axl will be 65 years old and still cranking out songs past midnight.

- it's looking slim for a 2007 release.  Gwen stefani did just announce a Dec. 5th release date for her new solo album.  So it's still within the realm of possibility.  But the tour has begun...so the real question is, if the album's done...what exactly are they waiting for?

- that's just lame.  throw one new song in there.  I mean seriously.  Even an old song.  How about Locomotive?  Estranged?  Civil War?  There was more variety on the first leg of the UYI tour.  and that was three months prior to the release.

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2006, 04:02:57 AM »

Why the hell would they all of a sudden play all CD, when every night they play and remeber for the most part to so many people that havent seen the band and this band, in yrs?

There are alot of songs that they could play without touching CD: both Illusion records have been virtually untouched. Why not bring back OMG and Rhiad to the set? Play TWAT more often as well.

There are things the band can do to freshen this setlist up.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
jazjme
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2006, 04:06:33 AM »

- that's just lame.  throw one new song in there.  I mean seriously.  Even an old song.  How about Locomotive?  Estranged?  Civil War?  There was more variety on the first leg of the UYI tour.  and that was three months prior to the release.

Remeber how much material did they have back then, AFDD< shsit they didnt do most of AFD, then cause they had so much material to get out, if you were lucky to see the club shows in the 80s you got to hear much, but today , them doin alot of AFD, and a few tunes from Illusions makes me believe the same will be true at later shows after CD is out, they will drop many of the AFD tunes , add more CD and illusion stuff

11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
jazjme
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2006, 04:07:09 AM »

There are alot of songs that they could play without touching CD: both Illusion records have been virtually untouched. Why not bring back OMG and Rhiad to the set? Play TWAT more often as well.

There are things the band can do to freshen this setlist up.

I think I answered that

11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
TheMole
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2006, 04:10:17 AM »

Who the fuck said they should play more fucking songs from fucking Chinese Democracy? Fuck man! Throw some fucking UYI in there for fuck's sake!
Why in god's name can't they just do that? I mean, why can't they even change the order on which the songs are played?!? Axl can say "Hey, this isn't Britney Spears, this is GNR, this is what we do" all he wants, but in the end, he's about as predictable as one can get.

Fuck!
TheMole
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2006, 04:12:05 AM »

I think I answered that

What? Where? That fuzzy little comment comparing the 90's to now? They only have MORE material now, it shouldn't be getting worse!
jazjme
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2006, 04:18:04 AM »

Who the fuck said they should play more fucking songs from fucking Chinese Democracy? Fuck man! Throw some fucking UYI in there for fuck's sake!
Why in god's name can't they just do that? I mean, why can't they even change the order on which the songs are played?!? Axl can say "Hey, this isn't Britney Spears, this is GNR, this is what we do" all he wants, but in the end, he's about as predictable as one can get.

Fuck!

you obviously missed when I said:

Remember, how much material did they have back then, AFD shuff they didnt do most of AFD, then(and I guess you missed that I was talking about the illusion tour) cause they had so much material to get out, if you were lucky to see the club shows in the 80s you got to hear much, but today , them doin alot of AFD, and a few tunes from Illusions makes me believe the same will be true at later shows after CD is out, they will drop many of the AFD tunes , add more CD and illusion stuff

Meaning, they are giving fans , tunes from the early era , who never seen them, and will IMO add more to all that once CD comes out, and drop AFD tunes. In my haste I didnt make it clear sorry for that!

11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2006, 04:19:31 AM »

Gnr isn't late, axl is late... Big difference.. It's ok thought because everyone in the world should understand this because it's axl... He can do whatever he wants, as long as it's him he doesn't need to do anything he should like release an album single show up reaonsable times etc... Things like this are cool when you're super popular and shit.. it gets old fast when your not that powerhouse charting band
jazjme
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2006, 04:26:50 AM »

Mike, only the album and music will dictate  that, come on I kow you you know that, as much as people are "bitchy", seems imprssive to me that Axl and GNR now can "get away with this, obviously people care, want to hear, want to know want to expierience  it! beer

11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2006, 04:27:43 AM »

Fuck!

you obviously missed when I said:

Remember, how much material did they have back then, AFD shuff they didnt do most of AFD, then(and I guess you missed that I was talking about the illusion tour) cause they had so much material to get out, if you were lucky to see the club shows in the 80s you got to hear much, but today , them doin alot of AFD, and a few tunes from Illusions makes me believe the same will be true at later shows after CD is out, they will drop many of the AFD tunes , add more CD and illusion stuff

Meaning, they are giving fans , tunes from the early era , who never seen them, and will IMO add more to all that once CD comes out, and drop AFD tunes. In my haste I didnt make it clear sorry for that!

I dont see the connection between the release of CD and the band playing more Illusion material. To keep things interesting, the addition of one or two Illusion songs won't take too much of a toll on the band. In fact, they may have more fun. In addition, Rhiad and TWAT are largely being ignored. Drop IRS for a show or two and rotate these songs into the mix.  Change is good; keeps the band and the fans more interested.

supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2006, 04:33:18 AM »

it's not the first time that was being said. i don't really care if it will be out or not but don't call the tour chinese democracy if you're not sure you can stick to the plan (2002 reference).

nobody asks for more cd songs. there's a back catalogue with a lot of songs still available to mix it up. not just one more song like tonight's show

GNR start late - - - - - - - -> And always have/will.
and only the die-hards know that. people that only buy tickets to shows because they ocasionaly listen to albums and look at the videos on tv don't follow them that close. they only know what the press prints and, let's be honest, the press isn't too positive. and the downside is that your average fan is the one buying tickets, not the die-hard. and the proof is that a board with 7000 die-hards only has 20-30 fans per show present.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 04:36:05 AM by supaplex » Logged

jazjme
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2006, 04:34:20 AM »

I dont see the connection between the release of CD and the band playing more Illusion material. To keep things interesting, the addition of one or two Illusion songs won't take too much of a toll on the band. In fact, they may have more fun. In addition, Rhiad and TWAT are largely being ignored. Drop IRS for a show or two and rotate these songs into the mix.  Change is good; keeps the band and the fans more interested.

I see it more in  the way, that its Axls final decent to the past, doin this part of the touring, giving fans a last live expierinece to the classics, not to say all will be dropped, but most of AFD I believe will be. And once CD is out, now that leaves room for doin if they choose all of CD, and thow in a few AFD, SCOM, WTTJ, PC, NT, but opens the door for the band to rework and bring out more of the Illusion stuff also. Caue I think that as it progresses, will get 6-8 Cd, tunes live , 3 -4 afd, and 5 Illusion tunes and no more need for patience.  An 4 - 5 tune they just throw in.

Which is anohter reason why they have been rehaering, if you believe they were rehershing the same set, thats really wow. THey have been rehershing new stuff, to play , IMO, they already know this set list can do it with there eyes closed =
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 04:37:41 AM by jazjme » Logged

11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2006, 04:59:37 AM »

I understand how you all feel,...the whiners and the optmisitic, but we just can't have 13 different threads to express how we feel about GNR. All those threads are about the same topic, but different views.

Locked.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: