Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 11:59:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  * October 25th, 2006 Tampa, FL @ St. Pete Times Forum ** DISCUSSION **
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: * October 25th, 2006 Tampa, FL @ St. Pete Times Forum ** DISCUSSION **  (Read 35556 times)
gnrkid03
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #120 on: October 27, 2006, 02:17:37 AM »

How much does teh stadium hold?
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #121 on: October 27, 2006, 04:04:01 AM »

How much does teh stadium hold?

21,500 I believe, with ALL of the levels open, which were NOT! Plus keep in mind, all of the shit behind the stage was not open either. That's alot of seats that were never even for sale.

One is that the place was pretty much full.

I will give my review tomorrow, but let me correct this statement....the place was half empty guys. Not a single seat was sold in the third level, and the floor was only about half full. They had no more than 7,000 people there guys.

I don't know how many people it holds, but from my perspective it seemed pretty darn filled up. Half empty by the end of the night? Yea, it was, people were leaving to go to work more than likely. But no way was it half empty.

I guess Kujo, Mrs Punk and myself all have bad vision.................. Roll Eyes hihi

In the first few songs, that place was PACKED. After 5 or so songs, people started leaving because they simply just couldn't stay any longer because of the time. Everything was positive tho. Most people were looking at their watches and saying, "I'd love to stay, but I gotta go to work in the morning". So it wasn't any negativity, unlike Sunrise which had rumors abound of possible disgrunted people.

question: how was the moshpit-or was there really one? just curious to know what to expect when i go.

From where I was, I couldn't really tell. But security seemed to be kicking people out a bit.

Great review SLC!
Was there any banter or anything else memorable that was said or that you noticed?

Nothing really that stood out, he seemed to be in a great mood.

Great review SLC enjoyed reading it a lot. Smiley

How was the crowd response to BBF's Dont Cry?

Was he wearing his colourful shirt again?

No S Fla shirt tonight.............

The response was very good, even with it getting late, and it seemed many people were hitting the wall (at least around me they were.)

Thanks everybody.

Security was tight. I mean, even not in the pit, out in the stands. People with camera phones... 1 warning. After that, they took your phone and booted you from the show. Even in the stands. Some people were getting kicked out just for not being in their right seat. I mean, security was kicking ass Wednesday, at least we're I was sitting. You screw off in the pit, they were nailing them too. Many people got booted for asshole behavior.

As for Ron, he wore what he's been wearing at these shows. Casual outfit and that red beanie. Saw him before the show, and he had his hair all styled up. Wonder why he goes through that trouble, then just throws a skull-cap over it?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 04:06:56 AM by The Legend » Logged

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #122 on: October 27, 2006, 08:35:45 AM »

It just seemed really empty to me.  This is my 6th GNR show.  I'm used to seeing a packed arena with every ticket sold to the roof.  This place had maybe 7,000 people when I turned around about 1/2 way through the show.  The old band would have played to a packed arena.  The show was still incredible, and Axl put forth a great effort (even if you couldn't hear a bunch of the lyrics), and the band was great.

the setlist was good for the casual fans (obvious I would have liked a few of the newer songs), and songs like IORS and Better got good reactions from the crowd.   They need to do away with the solos though.  Everyone is right in saying that it just kills the momentum.  The only solo I cared for was the Don't Cry one.  The rest can go.

I would say Axl needs this album released pronto to avoid having half empty arenas in towns like this.  I heard the Esturo show tonight has sond really really bad.  That's even with the promotion of this being a rock stations Fall festival.  I'm not sure why they decided to start this tour with having released the album 1st.   I'm assuming once the album is released these shows will sell better.
nooz
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #123 on: October 27, 2006, 09:03:07 AM »

Anyone who has ever been to a show in Tampa and had an option for seeing this band somewhere else in Florida would do so.

Tampa security and police are ill-tempered. In Tampa having a good time is a crime if you like Rock N Roll. If taking pictures of the band with your cell phone is treated like a capital crime why go? Almost irresistible when your having a good time to want to engage the moment. Most people do not have malicious intent in mind for the pictures, just a desire to share their good time with others.

What was it the quote in the Aersomith book "The fun Nazi's?". If ever a tag fit a venue it would have to be in Tampa. I went to one show in Tampa and I swore they would never get another dime from me. It is a miserable venue and the police once you get out are even worse. Everyone I know that went to shows in Florida regularly felt the same.

It always reminded me of the line ?how many holes does it take to fill the Albert Hall?. In Tampa the answer to that question is ?not so many we can?t make their life miserable?. Once you pay for your buzz and are being responsible this behavior is ridiculous. Sounds like it is finally costing Tampa money. Of course being a good wholesome city, why would they care, they like it that way. Sounds like it was a good show, the social epedimics of how full the venue was have less to do wth the band and more to do with the place.
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #124 on: October 27, 2006, 09:12:02 AM »

I had alot of fun. But then again, I followed the rules.

Maybe i'm a fun nazi, who knows...  hihi

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
nooz
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #125 on: October 27, 2006, 09:26:54 AM »

I had alot of fun. But then again, I followed the rules.

Maybe i'm a fun nazi, who knows...? hihi

Maybe you are. Maybe they didn't see you having fun? Good for you!

Good place for old folks to see Paul McCartney.
BigChrisSpirito
Rocker

Big Chris Spirito

« Reply #126 on: October 27, 2006, 12:20:27 PM »

posted a blog and loads of pics on my myspace www.myspace.com/lilladyluck17

or head over to see the pics to the Tour section of this message board  peace

Orlando, FL, 9/2/92
Tampa, FL, 10/25/06
Estero, FL, 10/27/06
Atlanta, GA, 11/2/11
Las Vegas, NV, 10/31/12
Orlando, FL, 7/29/16
Miami, FL 8/8/2017
Hollywood, FL 10/2/21
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #127 on: October 27, 2006, 01:23:09 PM »

This review is from a buddy of mine who lives in Florida.  He hasn't seen Gn'R since '02, and is a casual fan.  He went to Wednesday's show, and posted this on my friend's website.  Keep in mind, he doesn't belong to any fan-sites, and knows a little bit about the new band:

I am going to depart from my regular review format. GNR is a little more complicated to describe.

We arrived at 9:00 PM for a show that starts at 7:30. I had no desire to see Sebastian Bach, and I was not going to die if I missed Papa Roach. I figured the earliest Axl goes on is 9:30, more realistically 10-10:30. We were on the floor which is GA.

We were not really exicted when we got their and Bach was still on, in fact we later found out he had just started. This is a wednsday.

I have one word for Sebastian Bach, retire. I hope he saved those Skid Row royalties. We stayed at the bar for this one.

Papa Roach came next. I was surprised that they were not before Bach, but then I listened to the two. Papa Roach did a admirable job. They are just like every other band on the radio with a few songs that are ok, and I would never buy their album, but they had a good live presence. Good insturments, cheesy lead singer. I would watch them open.

I want to give you an idea of the clientele of the show. I would guess average age is 37. My girlfriend kept pointing out that it was a fat chick convetion. There was a serious lack of skanky, hot chicks that are sort of expected at GNR. Lots of mullets and I was taking plenty of pictures with the camera phone. It certainly had the redneck feel, which I would expect in Florida. 10,522 was the attendance, which I would say is just over half the the Forum.

So when Papa Roach played their big song which I have no idea what the name is, but would know it if I heard it, people started moshing. So when they ended, with the collapse of the mosh pit we got to about 8 people from the front. They need a system for GA concerts for going to the bathroom, a beer to help restore order.

We then waited and waited and waited. The usual axl has AIDS chant broke out. I really did not mind waiting because I knew I was waiting for 2 1/2 + hours of a great concert. Thursday would suck, but I knew I was in store for a great show.

We finally hear Welcome to The Jungle at 11:50 PM. That is not a typo.

The band was very good musically. They now have 3 guitarist who are all very talented. None have the skill or moxy of either Slash, or Buckethead for that matter. The guy from NIN wore a red apron, with red baseball pants, with black old guy socks that went up to his calf and black old guy reeboks. I can't make this up. The other two looked like guitarists. They had two keyboardists with Dizzy and some guy in a white leisure suit. They had a bassist with a plaid suit. The drummer sort of looked like Kamala the Ugandan Giant, but he never stood up so I could be off on this.

The band was very tight and good, but they do not have the rock star status of old GNR. The shows of old GNR always seemed surreal and on the edge. This seemed very professional, business like. They dress funny, but the stage presence was different.

Axl was overall very good. It seemed that they either had the mix wrong at the beginning and were drowning out his voice or he had to warm up. The band and he were weak on the two new songs they did during the regular set.

The special effects were the best part of the show. GNR has taken the KISS mantra of you can never have too much pyro, which is wonderful. Great ending with Paradise City with tons of confetti. Good video screen. This is what every concert should have, even Enya.

My biggest complaint is content of the show. They did play Used to Love Her, which I never heard before live and I did not expect. They stuck to the hits and a lot of appetite. The two new songs during the set were not good. The one on the encore was excellent. I do not know the titles.

The problem is they only played for 2 hours and 5 minutes. That is with an encore. That is also with individual solos by each of the three guitarists, Dizzy and the drummer. That probably gives you the same hour and half crappy show I see from everyone else in rock now.

It is very difficult to rate this show on a star ranking. If use expectations from today it is a solid 3 1/2 star show, if you use expectaitions from my previous experiences with GNR it is a 1/2 to 1 star show. GNR shows were epics, easily within the top 5 of shows I have ever seen. This was eh, OK. You cannot make people wait until 11:50, and then lay that turd.

Axl I think has really ignored his audience for too long. I don't think he has the talent or skills to pull off his shenanigans much longer. This is Wed nighter, your audience has now grown up since you came out, and you take the stage at close to midnight, huh?!!

If you have seen GNR, I might only recommend this show if it is on a weekend. It is not worth the lost sleep, I am not even it sure it is worth spoiling the image you have of a GNR show. If this is your first GNR show, I am sorry you missed a legend in music, this is not the GNR I knew.

I just hope we don't see the inevitable GNR/Reo Speedwagon/Foreigner show.
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #128 on: October 27, 2006, 02:14:26 PM »

Very honest review.  I agree with much of what he said, however I think the band was slightly better than he indicated.  It was no where near as epic as 1987-1993, but it was still pretty awesome.  And as a point of correction, there was no drum solo. 

He is right to state that you just can't come on stage at 11:50 PM on a Wednesday night when your core audience is in their 30's and have real jobs.  By the time the encore started you could have fit the crowd into the Hard Rock in Orlando.

Releasing the album (provided it is well received) may solve some of the issues/problems.
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #129 on: October 27, 2006, 02:51:24 PM »

I agree with you.  Maybe more than anything, this review made me realize that the starting time really isn't acceptable.  If you don't follow this band on a daily basis, that's a pretty major inconvenience.

And for those "bashers," this guy didn't have to take a train, or any bullshit like that.  He's just an average working guy who loves music.   So hold off on the "it's rock n' roll man!" crap.
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #130 on: October 27, 2006, 05:20:57 PM »

I agree with you.  Maybe more than anything, this review made me realize that the starting time really isn't acceptable.  If you don't follow this band on a daily basis, that's a pretty major inconvenience.

And for those "bashers," this guy didn't have to take a train, or any bullshit like that.  He's just an average working guy who loves music.   So hold off on the "it's rock n' roll man!" crap.

I guess this time issue is going to be an ongoing debate, given that I can't see Axl altering habits of a lifetime (well, his lifetime of performing anyway).  However, I'm sorry but I still cannot see why some people make such a big deal about losing a few hours sleep.  And what really pisses me off is some kind of assumption that beyond a certain age you need to be in bed by midnight.  I'm probably older than most, if not all, of the people on this board, but still I was able to see, and enjoy, many shows on the European tour and hold down a responsible job and cope with family commitments.  Yes, it takes some organising but if it's something I consider worthwhile, and this doesn't only relate to GNR shows, then this is a minor consideration.  There were shows that I'd planned to attend and, subsequently, found that I was unable to because of personal stuff, but that is my problem, not the band's.

I'm really not having a go at your friend, BKinNYC, he or she is only giving their honest opinion on the show and we're all entitled to do that; it's more this age generalisation thing that's irritating me.  But perhaps it might be an idea if the venues issued a warning that the shows may run late - they did this in the UK - in order that people not prepared to accept this situation could get a refund.  Oh and perhaps a free mug of cocoa too.  Grin

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Decadence
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #131 on: October 27, 2006, 05:35:27 PM »

I guess this time issue is going to be an ongoing debate, given that I can't see Axl altering habits of a lifetime (well, his lifetime of performing anyway).? However, I'm sorry but I still cannot see why some people make such a big deal about losing a few hours sleep.? And what really pisses me off is some kind of assumption that beyond a certain age you need to be in bed by midnight.? I'm probably older than most, if not all, of the people on this board, but still I was able to see, and enjoy, many shows on the European tour and hold down a responsible job and cope with family commitments.? Yes, it takes some organising but if it's something I consider worthwhile, and this doesn't only relate to GNR shows, then this is a minor consideration.? There were shows that I'd planned to attend and, subsequently, found that I was unable to because of personal stuff, but that is my problem, not the band's.

I'm really not having a go at your friend, BKinNYC, he or she is only giving their honest opinion on the show and we're all entitled to do that; it's more this age generalisation thing that's irritating me.? But perhaps it might be an idea if the venues issued a warning that the shows may run late - they did this in the UK - in order that people not prepared to accept this situation could get a refund.? Oh and perhaps a free mug of cocoa too.? Grin

They didn't do this at any of the 4 shows I went to that have been UK based in either 02 or this year.  They were actually early at Download, which was a bit unexpected, but at Newcastle, on the hottest July day on record in the UK for over a hundred years, there were no announcements at all. 

I expected them to be late so I was ok with it - I took my chances and took the next day off work.  Obviously there are going to be people at these gigs who don't expect it - half the time the venue don't expect it so the people who don't know better and are more casual GnR fans can't really be expected to plan ahead like I and many of us on this board did. 

At Newcastle, considering the tickets came with a door opening time of something ridiculous like 6pm on them, they didn't hit the stage till well after 11.  Like I say, all good and well for me (hotter than hell, but y'know), but I saw two young lads (no more than 12/13) with their dad who had to be taken home early with heat exhaustion - that's a lot of money and a lot of excitement down the drain and they certainly didn't get offered a refund. 

What I'm trying to say is basically that you can't judge anyone's situation based on the merits of your own.  Just because you're lucky enough to be able to hold everything down, do what you wanna do and still rock your ass off for GnR after midnight doesn't mean the people who had to leave early and miss what they came for and paid for don't have a right to feel even a bit let down and disappointed. 

I definitely agree that the venues should be doing more - as soon as they realise the show isn't running to schedule, they should at least update the crowd so people can plan accordingly - or, as in Newcastle, risk going to get a drink! 
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #132 on: October 27, 2006, 05:38:32 PM »

I agree with you.? Maybe more than anything, this review made me realize that the starting time really isn't acceptable.? If you don't follow this band on a daily basis, that's a pretty major inconvenience.

And for those "bashers," this guy didn't have to take a train, or any bullshit like that.? He's just an average working guy who loves music.? ?So hold off on the "it's rock n' roll man!" crap.

No offense to the women out there, but damn, alot of these complaints sound like a bunch of bitchy women! ?Holy shit, if you have to work the next day, don't go to the show! ?If you are gonna sit there comparing Axl at 44 to Axl at 29 don't go to the show! ?If you're gonna sit there and complain "it just aint the same without Slash," don't go to the show!

Personally, I'm driving to a show that's about 3 hours away from my house, and I don't give a fuck if the show goes to 6am! ?I'm not a moron. ?I took the next day off. ?

By the way...it is rock n' roll man. ? Wink 

See all you GNFNR fans in Jersey!!! ? beer

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Ak1nney
Rocker

« Reply #133 on: October 27, 2006, 06:06:40 PM »

I like going to a show and having the band come on pretty much on time. It honestly is shit if you have to wait more than a half hour than expected. Well with the exceptions of festivals and stage set up, but a pointless wait of over an hour, that IS disrespectful to the fans. I didnt wanna sound like one of the bitchy people, but I've been to many concerts and they all get going when they are supposed to. GNR should just do the same. And that story about the kids passing out before GNR sucks.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #134 on: October 27, 2006, 06:19:47 PM »

I like going to a show and having the band come on pretty much on time. It honestly is shit if you have to wait more than a half hour than expected. Well with the exceptions of festivals and stage set up, but a pointless wait of over an hour, that IS disrespectful to the fans. I didnt wanna sound like one of the bitchy people, but I've been to many concerts and they all get going when they are supposed to. GNR should just do the same. And that story about the kids passing out before GNR sucks.

I do agree it would be cool of the venue to supply water.  My guess is that either they couldn't see paying $7 for a bottle of water, or they didn't want to leave their spots on the floor. 

You're right!  GNR should just do the same.  They should be like every other band!   
...ummm, not.   Grin

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #135 on: October 27, 2006, 06:35:26 PM »

well i don't want bashing anyone,but i don't know how a one day (night) of litle sleep can take afort in your job?
well in Serbia we starting with work in 7 am and finish in 5 pm,but many times i have had a 2-3 hours of sleep,and next day i have a successuful business day...
well.i have had one chace to see gnr in budapest,this spring,and i didn't less my chance

btw all of us have one life and one youth

I have never seen so many tree
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #136 on: October 27, 2006, 06:48:48 PM »

They didn't do this at any of the 4 shows I went to that have been UK based in either 02 or this year.  They were actually early at Download, which was a bit unexpected, but at Newcastle, on the hottest July day on record in the UK for over a hundred years, there were no announcements at all. 

I'm sorry perhaps I should have been more specific.  There weren't any announcements over the pa but some of the venues did put notices up on the doors warning of the later than advertised start time.  I went to all the UK shows and, as you pointed out, not all of the venues did this, but I can assure you that some did - probably the later ones, after the situation became more apparent.

I agree that the heat was a problem in some venues, especially if you were near the front on the floor, but that's just something you have to expect at this kind of show and act accordingly.  I did see some pretty young kids at one show in particular who appeared to be overwhelmed by the noise and pyros and not really enjoying it and, to be honest, if they were mine I wouldn't have considered it a suitable event for them.   Still, I guess you sometimes have to learn the hard way.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #137 on: October 27, 2006, 06:59:38 PM »

This review is from a buddy of mine who lives in Florida.? He hasn't seen Gn'R since '02, and is a casual fan.? He went to Wednesday's show, and posted this on my friend's website.? Keep in mind, he doesn't belong to any fan-sites, and knows a little bit about the new band:

I am going to depart from my regular review format. GNR is a little more complicated to describe.

We arrived at 9:00 PM for a show that starts at 7:30. I had no desire to see Sebastian Bach, and I was not going to die if I missed Papa Roach. I figured the earliest Axl goes on is 9:30, more realistically 10-10:30. We were on the floor which is GA.

We were not really exicted when we got their and Bach was still on, in fact we later found out he had just started. This is a wednsday.

I have one word for Sebastian Bach, retire. I hope he saved those Skid Row royalties. We stayed at the bar for this one.

Papa Roach came next. I was surprised that they were not before Bach, but then I listened to the two. Papa Roach did a admirable job. They are just like every other band on the radio with a few songs that are ok, and I would never buy their album, but they had a good live presence. Good insturments, cheesy lead singer. I would watch them open.

I want to give you an idea of the clientele of the show. I would guess average age is 37. My girlfriend kept pointing out that it was a fat chick convetion. There was a serious lack of skanky, hot chicks that are sort of expected at GNR. Lots of mullets and I was taking plenty of pictures with the camera phone. It certainly had the redneck feel, which I would expect in Florida. 10,522 was the attendance, which I would say is just over half the the Forum.

So when Papa Roach played their big song which I have no idea what the name is, but would know it if I heard it, people started moshing. So when they ended, with the collapse of the mosh pit we got to about 8 people from the front. They need a system for GA concerts for going to the bathroom, a beer to help restore order.

We then waited and waited and waited. The usual axl has AIDS chant broke out. I really did not mind waiting because I knew I was waiting for 2 1/2 + hours of a great concert. Thursday would suck, but I knew I was in store for a great show.

We finally hear Welcome to The Jungle at 11:50 PM. That is not a typo.

The band was very good musically. They now have 3 guitarist who are all very talented. None have the skill or moxy of either Slash, or Buckethead for that matter. The guy from NIN wore a red apron, with red baseball pants, with black old guy socks that went up to his calf and black old guy reeboks. I can't make this up. The other two looked like guitarists. They had two keyboardists with Dizzy and some guy in a white leisure suit. They had a bassist with a plaid suit. The drummer sort of looked like Kamala the Ugandan Giant, but he never stood up so I could be off on this.

The band was very tight and good, but they do not have the rock star status of old GNR. The shows of old GNR always seemed surreal and on the edge. This seemed very professional, business like. They dress funny, but the stage presence was different.

Axl was overall very good. It seemed that they either had the mix wrong at the beginning and were drowning out his voice or he had to warm up. The band and he were weak on the two new songs they did during the regular set.

The special effects were the best part of the show. GNR has taken the KISS mantra of you can never have too much pyro, which is wonderful. Great ending with Paradise City with tons of confetti. Good video screen. This is what every concert should have, even Enya.

My biggest complaint is content of the show. They did play Used to Love Her, which I never heard before live and I did not expect. They stuck to the hits and a lot of appetite. The two new songs during the set were not good. The one on the encore was excellent. I do not know the titles.

The problem is they only played for 2 hours and 5 minutes. That is with an encore. That is also with individual solos by each of the three guitarists, Dizzy and the drummer. That probably gives you the same hour and half crappy show I see from everyone else in rock now.

It is very difficult to rate this show on a star ranking. If use expectations from today it is a solid 3 1/2 star show, if you use expectaitions from my previous experiences with GNR it is a 1/2 to 1 star show. GNR shows were epics, easily within the top 5 of shows I have ever seen. This was eh, OK. You cannot make people wait until 11:50, and then lay that turd.

Axl I think has really ignored his audience for too long. I don't think he has the talent or skills to pull off his shenanigans much longer. This is Wed nighter, your audience has now grown up since you came out, and you take the stage at close to midnight, huh?!!

If you have seen GNR, I might only recommend this show if it is on a weekend. It is not worth the lost sleep, I am not even it sure it is worth spoiling the image you have of a GNR show. If this is your first GNR show, I am sorry you missed a legend in music, this is not the GNR I knew.

I just hope we don't see the inevitable GNR/Reo Speedwagon/Foreigner show.

Redneck feel? Ummm, you do realize that you're in Confederate country right?

I don't know what you saw but it was very modern where I was at.

Bach owned, and was spot on. Retire? Why? He's still kickin' ass...

Papa Roach, eh, the kids liked it, but i'm a kid, and I hated it and loved Bach. So I guess...

GN'R kicked ass, and really were amazing. But keep in mind this is a different GN'R. People expecting to go there and get the old vibe, 'live fast die young', really need to stay home. The Axl-Illusion attitude is still very much alive. Keeping GN'R more as a modern-Stones, not a raunchy 80's club band on the edge.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #138 on: October 27, 2006, 07:27:58 PM »

SLC Punk...EXCELLENT review!  I gasped like 4 times!  Thanks for making us feel like we were there with you guys.  Tell Mrs. Punk hi and rock on!!!!!!! ok
FairyLace
« Reply #139 on: October 27, 2006, 08:11:42 PM »

I agree with you.? Maybe more than anything, this review made me realize that the starting time really isn't acceptable.? If you don't follow this band on a daily basis, that's a pretty major inconvenience.

And for those "bashers," this guy didn't have to take a train, or any bullshit like that.? He's just an average working guy who loves music.? ?So hold off on the "it's rock n' roll man!" crap.

I guess this time issue is going to be an ongoing debate, given that I can't see Axl altering habits of a lifetime (well, his lifetime of performing anyway).? However, I'm sorry but I still cannot see why some people make such a big deal about losing a few hours sleep.? And what really pisses me off is some kind of assumption that beyond a certain age you need to be in bed by midnight.? I'm probably older than most, if not all, of the people on this board, but still I was able to see, and enjoy, many shows on the European tour and hold down a responsible job and cope with family commitments.? Yes, it takes some organising but if it's something I consider worthwhile, and this doesn't only relate to GNR shows, then this is a minor consideration.? There were shows that I'd planned to attend and, subsequently, found that I was unable to because of personal stuff, but that is my problem, not the band's.

I'm really not having a go at your friend, BKinNYC, he or she is only giving their honest opinion on the show and we're all entitled to do that; it's more this age generalisation thing that's irritating me.? But perhaps it might be an idea if the venues issued a warning that the shows may run late - they did this in the UK - in order that people not prepared to accept this situation could get a refund.? Oh and perhaps a free mug of cocoa too.? Grin

Are you on Axls payroll?  Grin

BTW I find it disgusting and rude of Axl to keep his fans waiting that long.  The world doesnt revolve around you Axl!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: